Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Keeping it on the downlow

Athena

The Small Talk topic is for:

Introductions

Off-topic chatter

Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about

Look for an existing topic that matches or fits

If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

Character topics

Episode topics

Season topics

Spoiler topics

Speculation topics

In the Media topics

Favourite X topics

...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

• Love 1

I converted the show request into the Small Talk thread for the show. Please feel free to start threads for characters, episodes, etc.!

If you (collectively) would like to change the name of the Small Talk thread jokey bit just figure it out amongst yourselves and then email david@previously.tv and he'll change it.

Another TWOP refugee, who discovered TWOP because of Alias.  It is the only show, to this date, that I own every single season on DVD.  First two seasons were amazing, parts of the other seasons were good, maybe great, could have been better.  And, like most diehard Alias fans, especially from the old days at TWOP, I've never been able to watch the series finale again since it aired.  Maybe in another year or so, on the 10-year anniversary, I'll bring myself to the point where I might, just might be okay with watching it again.  But, probably only if I do not marathon my way through the entire series beforehand.  Then, I'll just rage and rage at what a travesty the series finale was.

(edited)

Yeah, I only realized that when I got to

the Syd/Vaughn sex scene in S2, and it was missing God Put a Smile Upon Your Face. It was a scene my college roommates and I watched...a few times, so I was waiting for the drums to start when Syd's cooking, and instead it was this gooey New Age la-la-la crap. Boooooooooo.

That's when I pulled out the DVDs and insisted my husband watch it that way instead.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 1

Hi!  This still is top of my list for "Most Cracklicious Show."  I can't believe how much I binge-watched this several years ago on DVD.  I just could not stop watching because of the dang cliff-hangers.  I haven't gotten around to a rewatch yet; maybe when seasons wrap up in May I'll try. 

Hi!  This still is top of my list for "Most Cracklicious Show."  I can't believe how much I binge-watched this several years ago on DVD.  I just could not stop watching because of the dang cliff-hangers.  I haven't gotten around to a rewatch yet; maybe when seasons wrap up in May I'll try. 

Yeah I think I might do a rewatch this summer as well. Last year I watched about 5 or 6 episodes towards the end of S1 and I found myself speculating again. Unbelievable how much "new" information you get when you watch, say, S1 thinking about how much

Irina

knows and what they're influencing and what they're not.

Hey guys, I've moved some posts into the General Discussion topic, lets keep the Small Talk topic to more social chit chat type things as listed in the pinned post. Thanks!

I have just started to watch this show after borrowing my housemates DVDS. *waves*

I am now hungry for snarking. Can anybody recommend some good snarky reviews of it? I tried looking at TWoP, but unfortunately doesn't like to come up even in an archived format anymore :(

I know finding recent discussion on a 13 year old series is going to be slim chances, but I live in hope! (I'm current a few episodes into season 2 for those interested)

Sadly, Robert, everything is pretty much gone.  SD-1 is unaccessible (which is sad because I had a story on there that I'd like to retrieve since I don't have a copy of it anywhere after my hard drive crashed - yes, I know, I should have had a back up.)  TWoP was probably the last of the old commentary left.  

• Love 2

I've dug out a few reviews on the WayBack machine (and their good) but sadly the WayBack website can be hit and miss, especially with the later pages of reviews. I'd love to also read the various threads for the episodes as well and people's opinions at the time.

• Love 1

I prefer reading the threads, myself. People often caught things that I didn't, and provided lively discussion of each episode.  I remember how I couldn't wait for each episode to air, and would often construct family or work trips so they wouldn't interfere with the show.  It's the only tv show I ever did that with.  I miss those days.  

• Love 3

Stupid reason for reviving a dormant thread but wouldn't it be strange to see the Bad Robot animation at the beginning of probably the biggest movie of recent times next year? I remember that little red thing with yellow eyes prancing onto my tv screen at the end of an Alias episode shouting "Bad Robot". Hasn't he done well, even though he's too cool these days and become mute? 

• Love 1

Sadly, Robert, everything is pretty much gone.  SD-1 is unaccessible (which is sad because I had a story on there that I'd like to retrieve since I don't have a copy of it anywhere after my hard drive crashed - yes, I know, I should have had a back up.)  TWoP was probably the last of the old commentary left.  

SD-1 works fine for me, you just have to log in.

SD-1 works fine for me, you just have to log in.

I've tried. I don't know why my password doesn't work.  It keeps telling me I'm locked out, and I can access it again in -947437 minutes, which appears to be 655 days.  Unless the '-' is actually a '-', but then, I still can't sign in.

I've tried. I don't know why my password doesn't work.  It keeps telling me I'm locked out, and I can access it again in -947437 minutes, which appears to be 655 days.  Unless the '-' is actually a '-', but then, I still can't sign in.

If you still want them, PM me a list of stories and I can get them off SD-1 for you.

If you still want them, PM me a list of stories and I can get them off SD-1 for you.

Thank you for your kind offer.  I tried again today, and I was able to log in.  I'm going to bookmark the correct link.  

Just wanted to verify, that the TWOP recaps are indeed dead or unable to be read?   Thank you in advance for help.

The TWOP recaps are still available and can be read. I do find that it's harder to navigate the site. Some links are dead so you may have to play with the URLs a bit since the site is no longer being maintained.