Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: Chapter Twelve

I love the small touches that most shows wouldn't even think to do, like Rose brushing away the "Sin Rostro." from the screen.

I loved everything about that moment. In the Quotes thread someone mentioned the Narrator's "I'm just as surprised as you..." 

It's all too much. I think I need to watch it again!

• Love 1

As sympathetically as he's been presented in this episode, I still can't get on the Milos love train. He threw acid at his girlfriend's mother's face. I know he says Magda lied to keep him and Petra apart, and that's terrible, but there are other ways to deal with a situation like that. It's scary that acid is the option he chose, and it's scary that Petra's supposed to forgive him since he threw a coin to 'save' her. As opposed to, you know, NOT THROWING THE ACID.

• Love 4

As sympathetically as he's been presented in this episode, I still can't get on the Milos love train. He threw acid at his girlfriend's mother's face. I know he says Magda lied to keep him and Petra apart, and that's terrible, but there are other ways to deal with a situation like that. It's scary that acid is the option he chose, and it's scary that Petra's supposed to forgive him since he threw a coin to 'save' her. As opposed to, you know, NOT THROWING THE ACID.

Agree with you completely. Throwing acid at someone is not an appropriate response to lying. Although I'm sure we'll find out there is WAY more to the story...but what? So far he hasn't given us nearly enough information to justify what he did. It makes him seem immature and disproportionately reactionary, like teens who shoot their parents because they don't approve of their thug boyfriends or whatever. Why would you want to be with someone who lashes out like that?

• Love 3

Well. I just had a chance to watch this week's episode, and since everyone's said everything about it way better than I could, I'll just mention my favorite part. Jaime Camil did a wonderful job on Rogelio's death scene, but to me, the best part of the episode was the look on his face when Jane called him "Dad." THAT was the moment the waterworks started for me, and now, 15-20 minutes afterward, I'm tearing up again just thinking about it. 

I'm a marketing writer in my day job (and an aspiring fiction writer in my off time), but it's impossible to conjure up the words to express how very, very much I love this little show that could. I'm so grateful I started watching it.

• Love 3

I've only ever seen Bridget Regan on this show.  Don't care for her on this show at all, never have.  Don't see anything special.  I'm never scared of her, I'm never convinced by her.  Not buying anything she's selling.

Petra/Yael on the other hand...

• Love 2

Damnnnn Rose, you're evil! That is quite a way to get rid of someone and not get caught. I'm seriously wondering if they'll ever find Emilio. I think it was a clever way of revealing Rose as Sin Rostro, though. And that name foreshadow? I didn't even see it coming.

I loved Rogelio this episode and I loved his death scene, followed by Jane calling him dad. That was a well earned moment and one that packed punches.

I love Petra, but I'm neutral on Milos. I still think he's creepy and caused a lot of issues. He's funny though, I'll give him that. But it's going to take a whole lot of work in order for Petra to forgive Milos.

I really, really like Rafael and think him and Jane are cute together. Still not feeling like I want them to stay together, though. I'm really trying, however. I like how Rafael did read Luisa's letter and realized he may be right. Ok, they weren't right. But they're on the right track. Rose has got to slip up sometime.

Michael's scene in the plastic surgeon's office was hilarious. I loved Billy getting in on the mission. But yeah, Michael's going to get in so much trouble and something really bad is going to happen to him.

Clearly, not much to comment on besides the big reveal. 

Rogelio's vision board complete with pictures of Angelina Jolie and Jon Voight was hilarious! I also loved the different colored pictures of himself in his dressing room.

I get that Jane is supposed to be the naive trusting one on the show, but I really hated her insisting to Rafael that he should reconcile with her and forgive her just because she's family. First of all, no one should ever HAVE to forgive someone else simply because they're family. That is such a dangerous mindset to have and I've seen way too many people torture themselves by continuing to have a relationship with a horrible person who happens to be related to them.

Secondly, Jane has known Rafael for all of like three or four months now (and has only been dating him for about half that time) and she barely knows Luisa, so she needs to BUTT OUT of their relationship. He has had over twenty years of dealing with Luisa so he knows her a lot better than Jane does. I know that Jane is the sunny optimistic fairy tales come true kind of girl, but not everyone has a normal decent loving family. Telling someone what they should or should not do about a family member who she has realistically met only a few times is so out of line. I had someone try to give me unsolicited advice about a family member once and I was like whoa, slow your roll there, dude, because you have no idea about the 20+ year history.

I'm not saying that Luisa is evil or anything, just that at this point, Jane is not in a position to be giving advice to Rafael about his relationship with his sister. The fact that she had no idea about their mother just goes to show how little she knows about their family. And in the end, it's HIS relationship with his sister so it's his choice.

• Love 1

I get that Jane is supposed to be the naive trusting one on the show, but I really hated her insisting to Rafael that he should reconcile with her and forgive her just because she's family. First of all, no one should ever HAVE to forgive someone else simply because they're family. That is such a dangerous mindset to have and I've seen way too many people torture themselves by continuing to have a relationship with a horrible person who happens to be related to them..

I totally agree - but that seems to be the party line on all television shows. There have been a few shows I've turned off because I got tired of judgmental stories lines about reconciliation.