Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E06: Who Stole My Phone?

...Clearly Trump wanted Leeza to make the final two and that's why he switched her to Geraldo's team...

Trump didn't switch Leeza. She was chosen by Geraldo and Vivica. Donald gave them the opportunity to pick a member of the opposing team.

• Love 2

Trump didn't switch Leeza. She was chosen by Geraldo and Vivica. Donald gave them the opportunity to pick a member of the opposing team.

Nah, Trump picked her essentially.  He's asked this kind of "who do you want" question before and then NOT given the choice.  Ergo it was really his choice (and clearly his intention) to do so all along.

--------------------------------------------

Tweetgate Update #374 - Gerry acts like this was all real from his perspective (so either he's lying, or if it was a put up job by the show he was left out of the loop). His blog entry for the episode.

Particularly,

Vivica essentially said, “Wait a minute, I never tweeted about any such thing.” To make a long story short, it turned out that Kenya had either stolen or caused to be stolen Vivica’s phone. And then wrote the self-damning tweets. Busted on the air, Kenya was shameless and avoided either accepting responsibility or admitting culpability. Mr. Trump fired her on the spot, but it was a breath-taking display of the ruthless nature of this game. I survived the loss, our fifth in a row because the cat fight didn’t scratch this old dog.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 3

Was the phone ever found? Maybe K sent the tweet but didn't steal the phone. She tweeted then put the phone right back where she saw it.

This is what I thought happened. I never thought Kenya "stole" it. She took it used it and put it back. A shitty thing to do, for sure. Edited by imjagain
  • Love 2

Well, who else was he going to pick? Geraldo doesn't get along with Ian. And the other two aren't really stand-outs. They needed someone strong to prevent another loss. At any rate, I feel like Trump was going to send Leeza no matter what. Leeza herself was already worrying about it when they won the previous task and went back to the hotel. She had a feeling he would send her over. Trump does what Trump (and CBS?) wants. If Geraldo had said he wanted Brandi, Trump would have given some cockamamie excuse and said, "Well, I'm switching Leeza". 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 5

Well, who else was he going to pick? Geraldo doesn't get along with Ian. And the other two aren't really stand-outs. They needed someone strong to prevent another loss. At any rate, I feel like Trump was going to send Leeza no matter what. Leeza herself was already worrying about it when they won the previous task and went back to the hotel. She had a feeling he would send her over. Trump does what Trump (and CBS?) wants. If Geraldo had said he wanted Brandi, Trump would have given some cockamamie excuse and said, "Well, I'm switching Leeza".

NBC.

Off topic: when I say NBC in my head, I hear Howard Stern in his Private Parts movie.....W Nnnnn B C.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 3

I don't buy it. There is no reason to believe that Trump would take a random comment about a tweet and then focus on it to the point that he wants it found and read and investigated. Not even sure he knows about tweets. That smelled of set up, as did then Kenya "taking" Vivica's phone and of course Vivaca's overreactions. The whole thing was manufactured by the show, with the consent of the various "celebrities."

Oh Trump knows what twitter is and uses it often.  He spends time on there telling people how awesome he is, how wrong everyone else is and how much of a fat cow pig Rosie O'Donnell is.  He knows all about the tweets.  

Donald was sending Leeza no matter what IMO.  He knew Geraldo would pick Leeza and if he didn't, he'd send her anyway.  Last time someone said they wanted someone (not Kenya) and then DOnald sent Kenya over much to Brandi's pleasure.  

As for Johnny Damon and Brandi's "friendship."  Something did seem sketchy about that to me too.  

Edited by MarkHB
Over-generalization
  • Love 5

Oh Trump knows what twitter is and uses it often. He spends time on there telling people how awesome he is, how wrong everyone else is and how much of a fat cow pig Rosie O'Donnell is. He knows all about the tweets.

Donald was sending Leeza no matter what IMO. He knew Geraldo would pick Leeza and if he didn't, he'd send her anyway. Last time someone said they wanted someone (not Kenya) and then DOnald sent Kenya over much to Brandi's pleasure.

As for Johnny Damon and Brandi's "friendship." Something did seem sketchy about that to me too.

It did seem sketchy.

Edited by MarkHB
Over-generalization
  • Love 2

This is what I thought happened. I never thought Kenya "stole" it. She took it used it and put it back. A shitty thing to do, for sure.

From what Viveca was saying after they left the boardroom, she still didn't have her phone. Someone has it.

They must have figured out that whatever team Leeza was on was always going to win, so they put her with Geraldo to clear the way for them to be in the final two.  So happy Eye-on is gone - wow, delusional doesn't even cover it. I do not think Vivica is even remotely in contention.  She has not been strong in creating or carrying out tasks, nor has she been a huge fundraiser, to my recollection. 

I thought about recording the Today show to watch their excuses today, but in the end, I couldn't stomach the thought of yet another Kenya/Brandi drama.  I didn't know anything about either one of them before this, but I certainly will make sure to avoid anything Kenya is on in the future.  I didn't care greatly for Brandi, but she was not even in the same league as Kenya for venom.  So happy to be done with them, especially Kenya, but sad they made it this far.

It made me realize that Kate, although unpleasant in some ways, is actually a normal person with some grandiose tendencies, whereas these "housewives" women all suffer from some major mental disorders of some sort - are they all borderline personalities, maybe?  They're just not right.

And finally, Joan Rivers seemed awfully frail and unlike herself in these episodes.  I had thought for quite a while that she seemed borderline senile on Fashion Police, but on the last one, the Emmys episode, she seemed sharper and more "there" than in months.  She was always sharp-tongued and problematic, but I enjoyed her all the same.  It would have been fun to see Kenya go up against Joan in that season - I think Joan would have steamrolled Kenya right into the pavement. 

• Love 1

I agree. The show is dismal in ratings, NBC has been rushing to get it over and done with.

The show is averaging 6.5 million viewers. For NBC, that is far from dismal. It's one of their highest rated shows.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 4

Thanks, Rac782, I guess it was wishful hoping and praying on my part. But the show does seem really chopped up this season.

I guess I'm waiting for news to come out about the investigation by police into the stolen phone. It's probably worth hundreds of dollars, surely she reported it?

• Love 2

Actually, I hate to defend Eye-Ass, because he's a moron (or just playing one rather willingly), but not only is La Cucaracha not a "jingle" as Trump kept insisting it was, it's also a traditional Spanish folk song, which became popular during the Mexican revolution, but is actually even older.  So nobody holds any copyright on it.  It's public domain, and while it makes for a stupid sounding jingle (frankly Johnny's was still better), it would be perfectly permissible to use it (and nobody would be owed any money either).

I didn't think it was a copyright issue, as much as the task was to CREATE A JINGLE.  Not put new words to a song everybody already knows.  

Ian was ridiculous.  He wrote words to an existing tune, pronounced it brilliant, then, in the boardroom said that his intent had been to re-work the tune so it wasn't the cucaracha  tune.  

Songwriting, as I understand it, starts with melody, then the words.  He was back-pedaling as fast as he could, and getting nowhere. 

If Ian had worked WITH Johnny on the jingle, they had a chance.  it wasn't about Ian's jingle as much as his pouting and refusal to accept a decision by the project manager. 

Ian and Geraldo have this in common - they think they are better than everyone at everything.  No matter who they are with, each is convinced that he is the smartest, most creative, most talented person in the room.   Trump should have had just the two of them on a task, just for laughs.  they'd spend half the time deciding which one is project manager.   

• Love 7

And speaking of Trump not really caring about running this competition like the real thing - what was UP with that triple firing?? Again, I was speechless. Clearly it was done because CBS wanted to shorten the duration of this season. There was no other reason to send the entire team packing. I can see arguments for sending either Brandi OR Johnny. It was his jingle, she was PM. But Ian?

Back in the non-celebrity days, Trump hit on the idea of juggling the teams so that the F2 he wanted were both on one team, so that he could make the "dramatic" move of firing the entire opposing team. Because of the objectively-judged tasks back then, he didn't always have the chance to rebalance the teams or declare the "right" team the winners. If the wrong team had won here, we would have seen him dispose of the cannon fodder and send a F5 to fake interviews, but that was unlikely as it would have meant having the task go so wrong it couldn't be covered up in editing.

• Love 3

It did seem sketchy.

Well.  Umm....as a long time baseball fan....I've seen and heard more than I would like.  Let's put it this way...no matter how hot your wife is, you spend half the season away from home, in swanky hotels and surrounded by some pretty enthusiastic women.  A couple years ago I was at a game and saw a baseball player (who was very married) clearly give a woman his phone number while in the on deck circle.  

Edited by MarkHB
Over-generalization
  • Love 1

Thanks, Rac782, I guess it was wishful hoping and praying on my part. But the show does seem really chopped up this season.

I guess I'm waiting for news to come out about the investigation by police into the stolen phone. It's probably worth hundreds of dollars, surely she reported it?

Yeah, it's not the "number tv show on television" as Trump still claims but it's shockingly doing well. Looking it up, it got nearly 7 million with a 6.94 rating and a 2.1 in the demo. So, it's actually going up. I don't what is going on with chopping down this season. Something is going on behind the scenes.

I wonder what are the legal ramifications for the phone incident. I do know it's crazy for any adults to mixed up in such nonsense.

Oh Trump knows what twitter is and uses it often.  He spends time on there telling people how awesome he is, how wrong everyone else is and how much of a fat cow pig Rosie O'Donnell is.  He knows all about the tweets.

And you think Trump actually tweets himself? I have no doubt he has an idea of what Twitter is (he "ran for president" after all, so someone had to fill him in as part of the campaign strategy), but I strongly doubt he personally gives a rat's butt about a random tweek by one of many people in the cast,all of whom are tweeting. He would have blown right past what seemed like a silly personal issue. Unless it was part of The Plan. Which I think it was.

Edited by Ottis
  • Love 2

Awwww, I'm sorry that so many people don't care for Ian.  I still like him.  Like I said in a previous thread, I know someone who worked with him and said he was awesome to work with and very down to earth.  I do wonder if sometimes people come off badly due to editing and/or being in this CA vacuum for days/weeks on end.  I know it's supposed to look like the CAs get a new task every week but clearly it's daily. 

Anyhow, again, I will say that I think his firing was unfair.  His team didn't lose due to anything he did or didn't do.  They lost primarily because of the jingle, so either Brandi or Johnny could be fired for that.  Given that Brandi was falling on the sword, she should have been the one to go.  Trump is a douche and I think he fired Ian because he didn't want Ian taking Geraldo's seat in the finale.

No way should Vivica be in the final three.  I think Trump should have fired both Vivica and Kenya for that ridiculous display in the boardroom.  Kenya was wrong for bringing it up but Vivica was getting a taste of her own medicine there.  And she certainly didn't help matters by continuing to screech at Kenya.  She should have just said that she wouldn't address such a ridiculous statement and it had nothing to do with the task at hand (as another poster upthread said.) 

I'll watch the revisit next week and I will definitely read the comments here but I'm not sure I want to watch the finale unless it's to see Geraldo get his ass kicked.   I do wonder if Trump will bring Ian back to help out and put him on Geraldo's team, because you know that will cause drama.  And try to get Kenya and Brandi in the mix or Kenya and Vivica.  Ugh, he's such a douche.

FWIW, I do believe Kenya when she said all the CAs followed each other on Twitter.  Brandi follows Ian and she clearly had issues with him.  It wouldn't surprise me if Kenya and Brandi followed each other.  I don't believe Kenya stole Vivica's phone.  Production certainly could have done that to create conflict in the boardroom and a reason to fire either.  The smartest thing Geraldo has done this entire season was to sit back and let Kenya and Vivica tear each other up.

• Love 5

Even with no copyright issues and the fact Ian's "jingle" wasn't original, it still wouldn't have won as long as the Budweiser folks have half a brain. Why? Because anytime someone would hear it, even on a commercial, they'd start singing the original song. Maybe some people would begin to connect the original song with the product but I doubt most would. That and the song is used in so many places, new words or not, the brand would just look like followers...trying to get in on the "cool" thing.

• Love 1

Well.  Umm....as a long time baseball fan....I've seen and heard more than I would like.  Let's put it this way...no matter how hot your wife is, you spend half the season away from home, in swanky hotels and surrounded by some pretty enthusiastic women.  A couple years ago I was at a game and saw a baseball player (who was very married) clearly give a woman his phone number while in the on deck circle.  

To be fair, he does have a pretty sweet ass though.  Lol.

ROTFLMAO!! @ Ottis - I see your airquotes slim shady.

Edited by MarkHB
Over-generalization
  • Love 2

Yeah, it's not the "number tv show on television" as Trump still claims but it's shockingly doing well. Looking it up, it got nearly 7 million with a 6.94 rating and a 2.1 in the demo. So, it's actually going up. I don't what is going on with chopping down this season. Something is going on behind the scenes.

It sounds (because you used the present tense in your last sentence) like you mean that there's some direct cause and effect between the airing of this season and the decision to fire three people at once (like, perhaps a late decision to shorten the season).  Frankly, that just can't be the case (if that's what you meant).

The scene we saw with Trump firing three people at once was filmed almost a year ago.  if something external motivated it, then it's not something driven in any way by public reaction to what we're seeing, or ratings.  It had to be something that happened back then.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1

Just another comment about Brandi, except I'm convinced that it's not really Brandi on CA, it's a twin, but anyway -  I thought she was more than patient with Ian who's been condescending to her for at least the last two tasks.   He talks to her like she's some dummy and he's sooooo much smarter than she is.

Brandi has her faults - too numerous to count, but she did a good job on CA, and was more of a team player than Ian was.  This last task was hers to manage, and he was being a jerk to her.  Yeah, she finally came out with her patented STFU, but it long overdue for Ian. 

All I know about Ian is that he was on 90210 (never watched) and Sharknado (never saw it).  Has he done much else?   He's not exactly A or B list or he wouldn't even be on CA (and  I wouldn't be too surprised if that at this point in their respective "careers", Brandi is more well known than he is).

He left CA looking like a jerk.  Brandi left looking -  dare I say it - classy. (And I never thought I would use "Brandi" and "classy" in the same sentence, ever).

Leeza for the win.....but I don't think it's going to work out that way. 

• Love 8

It wouldn't surprise me if Kenya and Brandi followed each other.

They've followed each other for years, since both have been on TV in the Housewives franchise for about the same length of time. If you follow Brandi's, it's a real eye-opener. Some of her more malicious Tweets will get deleted but not before people do screen grabs of them.

• Love 3

It sounds (because you used the present tense in your last sentence) like you mean that there's some direct cause and effect between the airing of this season and the decision to fire three people at once (like, perhaps a late decision to shorten the season).  Frankly, that just can't be the case (if that's what you meant).

The scene we saw with Trump firing three people at once was filmed almost a year ago.  if something external motivated it, then it's not something driven in any way by public reaction to what we're seeing, or ratings.  It had to be something that happened back then.

I'm not talking about now. I'm saying something must have been going on back then. Something was going on behind the scenes was my comment. I just don't what. Obviously it doesn't have anything to do with ratings because this was indeed filmed a long time ago.

Was the phone ever found? Maybe K sent the tweet but didn't steal the phone. She tweeted then put the phone right back where she saw it.

Vivica had a phone in her hand in a talking head after the Kenya firing. Don't know whether it's the phone in question, but I'd guess it was.

FWIW, I do believe Kenya when she said all the CAs followed each other on Twitter.  Brandi follows Ian and she clearly had issues with him. 

I know that being on that show made Clay Aiken do something he said he never wanted to do, be active on twitter.  It must be in their contract somehow.  And yes, during Clay's episode (yes, I'm a Clay Aiken fan) they all followed each other. I don't know if they were following each other while they were filming, since Clay didn't start until after, but once he did he was following them all and they him.

Speaking of which, things have changed since he was all.  During the filming they were on social media silence.  I remember once we figured out Clay was going to be on (we figured out when his foundation sent out a statement that date for the annual gala was being changed due to Clay being unavailable.) and we saw random teases that Penn and Dee Snider were also going to be on and started following them on twitter.  Dee and Penn tweet a lot; then they said that they were going to be gone for a while and would be on radio silence. 

Things changed :)  

BTW - I'm on questioning one thing.  Did Vivica ever see that tweet?  If she did, why didn't she delete it?

• Love 2

No, final two. One will be eliminated first.

I am thinking Geraldo has to have the dubious record of most times in the Board room, not just this season, but over all seasons, so how the hell is he in the final 3? Viveca is close, and while I have come to hate Kenya from this show I don't think  Viveca is any better. They are both trash.

On the plus side the other major piece of trash, Brandi did not make the final 3.

Still, this thing is so phony it's ridiculous.      

• Love 2

BTW - I'm on questioning one thing. Did Vivica ever see that tweet? If she did, why didn't she delete it?

Because she lost her phone! I think the presentation and the boardroom happened the next day, so maybe she went a day without her phone, or even looking for it. She also said she doesn't tweet much, so not realizing it went out seems entirely plausible. Now Kenya, on the other hand....

I still say production did it. (Although if it was ever proven that Kenya was in fact the culprit, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest). I think she started her boardroom fight with pronouncements on Vivica not feeling well, acting sporadic, etc... as a set-up to the menopause tweet because she read the tweet, not because she typed it.

• Love 1

Very good eppies!

Part One –

I don’t know what Kenya was thinking regarding the Hawaiian ads; they were offensive IMO and I’m sure Margaret Cho’s chubbier sister felt the same way.  What was a trip was the way she treated Vivica during the shoot (i.e., barking “COAT!” to her and having her carry it around, not using Viv’s ass for the promotion, etc.).  As for Viv stooping to ghetto level at Kenya in the boardroom, I loved it!  See, you try to be nice but sometimes people get ig’nant and there are times you have to put stank on their asses.  I call myself a lady at all times but don’t get it twisted, bitches; I was raised at 25th and Diamond in North Philadelphia and will never hesitate to put a trick in her place.  I wish we could have found out who stole Viv’s phone though.

Is it me or does Don Jr. remind you of Ray Romano, voice and all?

Part Two –

(To the tune of La Cucaracha)
I-ass got fired, I-ass got fired, get ta steppin’ you big douche! 

OMG, his explanation to Trump about the song was hysterical.  Reminds me of when Vanilla Ice got sued over Queen’s Under Pressure song and he tried to explain the difference in the ‘ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-dings’ in each song.  Vortex’s song had a better beat and deserved to win.

I didn’t see Brandi and Johnny’s firings coming and felt bad for them; even Joan felt bad, it was killing her to answer which one should been fired….too soon?  Ah fuck it, bitch said much worse during her career!

• Love 9

Well that was a blood bath!

Just another comment about Brandi, except I'm convinced that it's not really Brandi on CA, it's a twin,

I know, right?  Brandi and Kate are two of my most hated people on reality tv.  Both ladies surprised me of how much I didn't hate them on CA.  Kenya is a total nut case and takes the cake for an absolute idiot.  We here in Detroit wish she would stop saying she is from Detroit.

I loved when Don the son said something about how Viveca would not make such grammatical errors - hilarious!

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 6

Ian definitely didn't help his image whatsoever by being on this show.  The same thing happened with Dionne Warwick.  I used to like both of them, but now I can't stand either one.  I really think anyone who goes on this show needs to realize how much their image can take a hit.  

I'm not sure I want to watch the live show in two weeks.  I don't understand why they are bringing back so many past players next week.  I don't need to see Gary Busey again, but I am interested in seeing Meat Loaf and Annie Duke.  Since this show was filmed last March, I imagine there will be some changes to the top two's appearances.  I hope and pray that Leeza wins, but I think this will be another Annie/Joan and Arsenio/Clay scenario where the one who raised the most money doesn't win because the winner has something in the works on TV.  I would like a Leeza/Vivica final two, but I just can't see that happening. 

I agree about Ian. I sort of liked him, not that I thought about it much, but he was one of the few "celebrities" on this show that I 1) Actually recognized, along with Geraldo, Leeza, Viveca,  the two howives and two Olympians, and 2) Didn't already hate i.e. Geraldo and Brandi.  

There have been other celebrities, like Lisa Rinna and LaToya Jackson, that I actually liked better after watching them on C.A. I had forgotten about Dionne Warwick, but yes, you are right. She and Ian have pretty much destroyed whatever good will they had left from their careers (using the term loosely in Ian's case). 

I just can't take a Geraldo win. He is even worse than Piers Morgan.  

• Love 5

Having never watched any of these Real Housewives shows, I was completely in the dark as to who these two women were when CA started this season.  I found Brandi to be competent, friendly, and kind of nice.  Kenya, on the other hand, was so nasty, back-stabbing, and manipulative, that she actually damaged my enjoyment of the show.  I like having a villain, but she was just too much for me.  She reached the Star Jones level of evil, which I just couldn't stand.

Eye-an was kind of a jerk, but kind of cool at the same time.  He's definitely confident in himself, and many of his ideas weren't bad (unlike Geraldo's).  Eye-an would talk and talk and talk, until you would finally realize that he fully believed all the BS coming out of his mouth! LOL

I like both Leeza and Geraldo, but I hope Leeza wins (she probably won't).  I can hear Mr. Trump now. "Geraldo had a pretty good career, but then he came on my show and won, and look at him now!  He's the biggest brand in News!  Just like I'm the biggest brand in everything else!  Geraldo, you need to cut me in on your next deal with Fox News! heh heh heh"       Geraldo: "Sure thing, Boss!'

• Love 4

I don't necessarily think that aufing the whole team was because they were in a rush to get done. Since no one could know the ratings at that point, why would they do that?

That's what I was thinking too. This entire series was filmed last spring, so no one knew the ratings. So from the very beginning it was intended as a very, very short season -- which is probably very appropriate for (Not-so) Celebrity Apprentice. 

• Love 2

This show's attempt at being current is always so embarrassing. They were photoshopping, not photobombing, and any hashtag other than #KingsHawaiian is going to be useless. It's as if The Hair just throws together some random words he doesn't understand and calls it a task.

For a split second when the stern-looking King's Hawaiian woman first appeared, I thought it was Margaret Cho doing one of her characters.

It was also interesting to note that after the teams did their presentations, one of Kenya's talking head comments was something about "if brought into the board room, I have OTHER things up my sleeve".... right there, I started being suspicious of her. 

Before they even did the task, she also said something like, "even if we lose, I have to do something to make sure I win." I have no idea if she really sent that tweet, but I choose to believe she did because it's the most entertaining version of this nonsense.

BTW - I'm on questioning one thing.  Did Vivica ever see that tweet?  If she did, why didn't she delete it?

It's likely she never saw it. Generally, you don't look at your own page, you look at your timeline. So when you open up twitter, what you see are the most recent tweets of the people you're following and you only see your own tweets on the timeline at the moment that you tweet them. If she'd gone to her own page, which is what Don Jr. did, she'd have seen it at the top, but the combination of not tweeting much (Don Jr. said the menopause tweet was five days earlier and the most recent tweet before that was seven days earlier), not having had her phone for a few days, and any replies to the menopause tweet being several days back in the timeline as well, would have made it very easy to miss.

You don't think that using "La Cucaracha" may be a bit insensitive or stereotypical, EYE-an? That was my first thought before copyright infringement. Budweiser isn't going to go near that one with a ten foot pole.

Right? The only thing worse would be if he'd sung it to the tune of the Frito Bandito jingle. "Ai yi yi yi. I love a Bud Lime-a-Rrrita ... Orale, ese, give me another can." I've only seen about half the episodes this season, so maybe I've missed Geraldo at his most ridiculous, but Ian seems a thousand times worse. I fell a little bit in love with Johnny when Ian was singing his stupid jingle for the 90th time and Johnny was sitting there looking exasperated, then noticed the camera was on him and started to laugh.

http://youtu.be/uhA4xlg67HM?t=11m59s

It was like meeting the eye of someone sane when someone else is being embarrassing right next to you and you just can't hold it in any longer.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 4

Reminds me of when Vanilla Ice got sued over Queen’s Under Pressure song and he tried to explain the difference in the ‘ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-dings’ in each song.  Vortex’s song had a better beat and deserved to win.

"Ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-tssh. It's the tssh that makes it different." I hate myself for knowing that.

I don't think the firings this season were markedly different, it just feels rushed because of the two-at-a-time airings, and the fact that previous AS seasons got some two-hour episodes, at least until the herd was thinned (maybe longer.) There haven't been any double eliminations, Trump has fired groups before, and however many are left before F2 are whittled down to two in the fake interviews. We've got the interviews and part one of the final task coming up, and then part two is always intercut into the live finale, so it seems to be business as usual from that standpoint.

The ratings for last night even went up some significant percentage, so there might be life in the old beast yet.

If Johnny were more eloquent he would have employed the Lisa Lampinelli defense – “I’m sorry it didn’t win, but if I hadn’t come up with that song, we wouldn’t have had ANYthing.  Brandi had nothing, and Ian pushed La Cucaracha for 6 hours.” 

It just occurred to me that the last 'new' thing Joan Rivers will ever say on television is stroking Trump's gigantic ego by agreeing him that all his boardroom decisions are correct and necessary.

Eh – just payback for her rigged win.   I see a repeat of that season’s finale, unfortunately – Vivica will go, and it will be Leeza and Geraldo.  And unless he insults a bus load of nuns (while in his underpants, singing La Cucaracha), Geraldo’s win will be delivered as previously arranged.  And as the next Presidential campaign warms up, Geraldo will do some “hard hitting” coverage of Trump’s vanity candidacy.

Ian looked like a contender but needed to go because as big a jerk as he was, he showed that he had come prepared, and it's entirely possible he could have blown Geraldo out of the water with fundraising.  And then it would have been a repeat of the other time Trump gave the win to somebody who got beaten in the final task.  

• Love 6

Because she lost her phone! I think the presentation and the boardroom happened the next day, so maybe she went a day without her phone, or even looking for it. She also said she doesn't tweet much, so not realizing it went out seems entirely plausible. Now Kenya, on the other hand....

DOH!!! of course.  Not sure what I was thinking, I guess that she lost the phone longer. 

From what Viveca was saying after they left the boardroom, she still didn't have her phone. Someone has it.

Is it wrong that I'm more interested in the resolution of phone-gate than I am who actually won this thing?

If Ian had worked WITH Johnny on the jingle, they had a chance.  it wasn't about Ian's jingle as much as his pouting and refusal to accept a decision by the project manager.

That's his biggest stumbling block right there. Not being able to concede, to adapt. He's had some good ideas, he's had some bad ones. You can't control everything. You have to be able to say, "Okay, you didn't like that idea? Cool. How can I help with the one you did like?" Instead he turns into a petulant 5-year-old. 

• Love 10
I know that being on that show made Clay Aiken do something he said he never wanted to do, be active on twitter.  It must be in their contract somehow.  And yes, during Clay's episode (yes, I'm a Clay Aiken fan) they all followed each other. I don't know if they were following each other while they were filming, since Clay didn't start until after, but once he did he was following them all and they him.

Clay was robbed. three times now, dammit. 

• Love 2

Wow! I didn't expect the Donald to fire an entire team. You just never know what that guy will do in an attempt for huge ratings. I love Johnny Damon, and I was sad to see him go. I would rather see him in the final 3 than Vivica or Geraldo who lost 5 times in a row before Leeza joined them. Has there ever been such an obvious winner in Celebrity Apprentice history? If Leeza doesn't win this, it would be totally shocking. She has been so good at this game from the beginning.

Regarding the tasks, how STUPID was it for Vivica, Kenya, and Geraldo to make butts the focus of their ad campaign for King's Hawaiian? No food company would alienate families by using risque ads. I didn't catch the beginning. I don't know if there were objections raised by anyone, but it was a terrible idea. Yes, it was kind of funny, but also totally classless and clueless to the wishes of the company. Of course I'm not surprised given the people on that team. They all should have been fired for that task.

I believe Vivica in "phone gate." I don't believe she is much of a Twitter user. Most celebrity twitters are kind of lame and don't really reveal much. For her to mention her menopausal status just doesn't ring true. I think Kenya did take her phone and tweet that. That's such a vile thing to do, and Kenya is a vile human being. I'm glad Trump fired her big ol butt.

Johnny's song was great for the "Bud Light Margarita" task. He's very talented. It just didn't work as a jingle. It was a little too wordy and not catchy enough. You have to keep it simple like Geraldo did with "Nice on ice." I think Johnny and Brandi both got terminated because they didn't fight to stay there and refused to badmouth one another. Trump hates when they don't fight in the boardroom. It's not good for ratings. Johnny and Brandi seem to have a connection. He vaguely resembles her ex, Eddie Cibrian. I like Johnny, but Brandi is so vile. She wasn't vile on this show, but she's a disaster in real life. So I hope they don't hook up or have a relationship. 

Ian's "La Cucaracha" parody was really lame and only Ian thought it was a good jingle. Is he tone deaf or just insufferable? Even Geraldo eventually acquiesced to Leeza. But not Ian. He just continued to pout all the way to the boardroom and probably thinks his idea was a winner to this day. It must be hard to live with that kind of narcissism and self-importance, but I understand him having a big head. His work on 90210 as Steve Sanders over 20 years ago was illuminating and changed the landscape of television.

It was great seeing Joan Rivers again, and I look forward to seeing Leeza win this in a landslide.

Edited by jmonkey
  • Love 7

I can not stand listening to people screeching over each other, make it two woman and I want to rip my ears right off my head.

Kenya does not make good television. I would like nothing more than to never see or hear her on any show period. She is the reason why I stopped watching HW Atlanta.

• Love 4

This show's attempt at being current is always so embarrassing. They were photoshopping, not photobombing, and any hashtag other than #KingsHawaiian is going to be useless.

Heh,glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that the task was definately NOT photobombing.

Trump playing favorites has gotten worse and worse every season.  Infinity wins 5 and lose 1 and he fires the entire team. Meanwhile, Vivica and Geraldo lose 5 in a row and are still hanging on. At least in the first CA -with the exception of Omorosa- it was based more or less on competence (love him or hate him, iirc Piers has the winningest rescord on Apprentice, celeb or otherwise, ever). I much prefer a battle of competence over ego and faux drama. Leeza vs the Jonas brother would have made a good jingle face off.

• Love 5

That's what I was thinking too. This entire series was filmed last spring, so no one knew the ratings. So from the very beginning it was intended as a very, very short season -- which is probably very appropriate for (Not-so) Celebrity Apprentice. 

If they had gone with the traditional schedule of 2 hour episodes with 1 task and boardroom per week, this week's would have been parts 10 and 11.  Next week they're padding with a clip/outtake show at 8 with the regular 1 hour episode at 9, which would be part 12 normally, and then the Live Two Hour Finale!!! is the following week.  So the show was filmed to last potentially for 13 weeks and the decision to rush it was made after the fact.

• Love 3

Heh,glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that the task was definately NOT photobombing.

As a Photoshop user, you weren't alone. I yelled at my TV for them to stop, and go out and find people to hold up King's Hawaiian bread behind tourists in iconic locations....in front of Broadway marquees, Statue of Liberty, Empire State building...hell, even Trump Tower. Both teams didn't do photobombs. I guess the clients weren't allowed to tell them they screwed up royally.

• Love 5
Regarding the tasks, how STUPID was it for Vivica, Kenya, and Geraldo to make butts the focus of their ad campaign for King's Hawaiian. No food company would alienate families by using risque ads. I didn't catch the beginning. I don't know if there were objections raised by anyone, but it was a terrible idea. Yes, it was kind of funny, but also totally classless and clueless to the wishes of the company. Of course I'm not surprised given the people on that team. They all should have been fired for that task.

I agree it was dumb.   How was that going to make people buy a certain brand of bread?  Because, Haha, buns?  It was a juvenile idea, and Geraldo came across pervy when he was complimenting Kenya on her butt. And what the HELL was the "babies like buns"  thing about?   

Ian also had the dumb idea that Hawaii=volcano=lava, so let's use the word 'lava"  to sell bread from Hawaii.  Connecting the brand to LAVA will make someone want to buy the bread?  Not unless lava is yummy.

• Love 4
Ian also had the dumb idea that Hawaii=volcano=lava, so let's use the word 'lava"  to sell bread from Hawaii.  Connecting the brand to LAVA will make someone want to buy the bread?  Not unless lava is yummy.

Either his idea was REALLY dumb, or am I am.....because it took your post for me to realize what he was trying to say the entire time.