Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
opus

Conan

I just saw the interview from the other day with Flula Borg.   This guy is both hilarious and brilliant.  I'm not sure why he doesn't have his own TV show.   

9 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Conan and crew are in Isreal and they are posting a bunch of InstaStories.

The comment section on the YouTube video for the Israel promo was really scary. Tons of "Zionists are the Devil and Conan is now going to Hell" type comments. 

7 hours ago, Kromm said:

The comment section on the YouTube video for the Israel promo was really scary. Tons of "Zionists are the Devil and Conan is now going to Hell" type comments. 

This is why I never read comments.

I'm guessing it's at least somewhat deliberate, but Conan has a knack for choosing locations where a tall, pale, lanky redhead looks very out of place.  It makes his travel shows so much funnier.  

I got a huge kick out of the laid back man who called Conan beautiful.  <3

As always with his travel eps I think Conan did a wonderful job with the Haiti special especially on such a tight timeline. I also really liked how he understood why people would be angry with another American film crew and let them vent and then spoke to them in Creole french to show he was sincere.

The little girl who was fascinated with his freckles and also talking about US Haitian relations was amazing.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Like 2

Hello, I'm new on the boards. 

I'm looking for all the episodes of Teri Hatcher on Conan O'Brien.
I've already looked on YouTube. I only found one...
Does anybody here can help me, please?

If you can, email me at samforce85@gmail.com

Thanks, regards.

Edited by terihfan

I wonder what this means for Andy? I assume the band is going to be gone. Glad there will be more Without Borders because I love those episodes.

From Vulture.com:

In Conversation: Conan O’Brien

Excerpt:

But you had a very specific relationship to late-night hosts. I meet people in their 40s who say, “You got me through high school.” I hug those people — sometimes a little too long. But I hug those people because I remembered making the show in the ’90s and feeling that I was writing messages in a bottle from my little raft on late night and throwing them into the ocean to see if they’d reach anyone. That kind of connection is not really there anymore.

Count me as one of those fans watching when I was in high school. I still get nostalgic watching clips on YouTube from the 90s.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Like 1

Sightings of Conan in Japan are starting to pop up. He was in Tokyo today trying out Harajuku street style. He's been to Japan before for vacation.

Edited to add: Team Coco have posted a long video from a kaiseki meal with Conan and Jordan. I usually chuckle at how Jordan pushes Conan's buttons but wow, a full hour is a lot.

Edited by halopub · Reason: added link
  • Like 1

For the 25th anniversary of Conan as a late night talk show host they've uploaded his first episode of Late Night. I remember staying up to watch it and becoming a fan:

• Like 1

I knew of course that Conan was switching to the 1/2 hour format in January, I had no idea that this was their last hour show seems really early even though I guess there will need to be a transition and holidays are way too fast approaching.

I was so bummed by Conan's heartfelt announcement that the band would not be on in the 30-minute format. The band is so amazing and I wish them all the best. It's always enjoyable when they're included in skits, too. I remember when Conan celebrated the 10-year anniversary of Dirty Dancing by demanding that it return to theaters or he would fire LaBamba. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, opus said:

If you haven't seen the trip to Japan episode which aired this week, track it down. It's pretty good.

Conan’s glee over the Karate Kid thing was golden.

• Like 2

Watching the edited version, I was surprised to feel a little sympathy for Jordan at Conan's glee. I saw video of the full meal back in September and I totally wanted to strangle Jordan. With all his talk about being quiet and enjoying the moment, Jordan pontificated so much...gesturing with chopsticks in hand, no less. I feel like I'm starting to appreciate why Conan is equally fascinated and irritated by his associate producer.

My favorite segment was probably the rental family one. The manager made me laugh - though I'm not sure why he said the prospective 'wife' was 48 when the profile note clearly said 51. She posted some behind-the-scenes photos on Instagram.

It's too bad the live karaoke segment didn't make it to air. I thought that looked like a fun thing to try. Apparently there's also a film with video game producer Hideo Kojima that's being kept under wraps before the project is released.

Today on the radio, the morning program hit me with the clip, "Walker told me I have AIDS". I was instantly reminded of the Walker Texas Ranger Lever. God I loved that bit.

9 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

Today on the radio, the morning program hit me with the clip, "Walker told me I have AIDS". I was instantly reminded of the Walker Texas Ranger Lever. God I loved that bit.

Conan's reaction to the audience's reaction was great. 

Walker, Texas Ranger was such a ridiculous show. The lever highlighted it. 

I often wonder how other talk shows would fare with the half hour format. It feels like the hour long talk shows are just bits and pieces for YouTube clips 4 hours before the show airs. 

• Like 1

Conan's put up a podcast episode to entertain fans during the coronavirus shutdowns.  I haven't been able to listen to much yet, just throwing out the news.

I did like his podcasts with Stephen Colbert and Bob Newhart, going back a ways I know.  I should catch up on some of the others.   

Edited by roseha

Conan is going back to work! Everyone working remotely with Skype’d in guests. He really, really does not like to not work! 

• Like 1

Conan has started filming shows from Largo a small venue in LA. Bare bones crew who are socially distancing and no audience and guests still Zooming in.

In addition to a change of scenery they are paying the theater rent because it’s struggling financially due to the lockdown.