Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Rule #3: Don't Stand in the Doorway

An earthquake hits Los Angeles just as Abby’s Huffington Post piece “Why Aren’t You Divorced Yet?” hits the internet. The moms at school are furious with Abby as the article threatens to expose one of their husbands as a cheater. Meanwhile, Abby’s daughter Lilly is put on the “slut list.” Phoebe helps Marco with his urban farming business. Looking into Jo’s finances, Delia discovers a shocking secret.

Well, I lasted 20 minutes until I had to give up. Life is to short to spend any more of it watching this show. The HuffPo storyline really pushed me over the edge. Plus, Lisa is just too annoying in this role for me to deal with. Bye, show.

• Love 2

Yeah, I tried to watch this muddled mess, but only had the patience to watch parts of it.  Lisa's smiling was driving me so nuts I just couldn't take it anymore.  

Delia is still doing something with the creepy billionaire, but I couldn't tell what & don't give a fuck.  

Phoebe seemed like she was legitimately trying to help the guy with the dreadlocks & the veggie garden for the poor -- or whatever this storyline is.  But she acted like the fuckin' airhead she always acts like & she tried to kiss him.  He was puzzled cuz he thought she wanted to help him, not kiss him.  But she's an idiot & never does anything that makes any sense.  Also, she's 3 heads taller than him.  So here's yet another miscast.

Sheesh, Noxon, do you really not realize how miscast everyone is on this awful, shitty show?

There was some kind of idiot discussion bout slut-shaming that went nowhere.  Jo acted like a loudmouth fool  (as usual) & all it got her was getting her daughter shut out of the school she wanted to attend.  What is with all the women on this show acting like thoughtless idiots & morons?  Hate it so much.

So at the end of this ep Lisa gets together with Warren Christie, who I swear looks 82 now.  Were they casting for 82 instead of 28?  Could be.  Anyhoo, She's fine that he used her to pass along whatever he wrote.  So I guess they're a couple now -- except it feels really icky.  Not cuz of any age difference, since he looks 30 years older than her anyway.  Just cuz all the couples on this shit show suck.

Btw, I know nothing bout what to do in an earthquake, but wouldn't hiding underneath a wobbly-looking table be just about the worst thing you could do? 

My favorite part...Joe's daughters hair. Girl has some beautiful hair.

Least favorite part...um, the storylines...like, all of them.

I kind of liked Abby's talk with her daughter in the bed until Lisa did that weird smile with the arms out thing. And that is when I think I figured out why this show sucks. It doesn't feel like it's actually scripted. It feels like Curb Your Enthusiasm, in that they are given a basic plot and just wing it, only way less entertaining, funny or well acted. So any of the scene's and lines just seem...unplanned. I assume they are going for making it feel more like real life, but let's face it, if we want real life we can go out and live it. We watch TV to be entertained.

IDK why I am trying so hard to watch this. Actually, I just play it in the background the next evening when I'm catching up on Previously, it's like noise. Sometimes I look up to see the amazing set decorations (kudos to the design team who are the MVPs of this show) but that's about it.

And I used to LOVE Lisa E but this show is making me start to hate her. Good job show.

(and yes, I will probably hate watch it again next week. It's like penance for all the bad things I do during the week. TV is my religion and this show is my 50 Hail Mary's. I have been absolved for another week by sitting through an hour of this dreck)

• Love 3

Having a real dilemma about what to do with this show. I haven't watched this ep yet and I don't feel like doing so either. With the news of the renewal I don't know whether to carry on til the end of the season, or just cut my losses now cos the thought of continuing to watch this next year makes me want to consult a shrink. If these are the storylines we're getting now, can you imagine how bad they'll be in S2?

I'm not sure I'm having a dilemma bout continuing to watch.  If it weren't on after BH, I know I wouldn't watch.  If I'm not around to catch the first showing of BH, I don't watch.  At this point I'm so bugged by so much bout this show, I'm pretty much ready to stop watching.  It's an absolute POS show with a mostly awful cast.  I used to like Lisa too.  No more.  I still think the actresses who play Delia & Jo are good & hope they find other, better work than this crap.

Just wondering does anyone like this show?

Judging by what I've seen elsewhere, we're not the only ones who hate-watch. For me it's starting to go beyond that though. I really can't stand women who are supposed to be pushing 50 being portrayed like whimsical, hysterical harpies who are being held hostage by their post break-up libidos. It plays into all sorts of shitty stereotypes. The gay couple isn't much better either. I can almost see the memo from above: HEY GUYS!!!! WE NEED AT LEAST TWO GAYS COZ THIS USED TO BE A GAY FRIENDLY CHANNEL. (PERSONALITY NOT NECESSARY).

• Love 2

Btw, I know nothing bout what to do in an earthquake, but wouldn't hiding underneath a wobbly-looking table be just about the worst thing you could do? 

Conventional wisdom is to hide under something that will protect you from falling objects but won't collapse on you.  If the table wasn't sturdy then yeah, it wasn't a great place to be, however long-term California residents (i.e., those who've been through a really bad one or two) pretty instinctively dive for a desk or table.  

My favorite part? her bed.  Not because of the hot action, but the headboard's fabulous, and I MUST have those night table lamps.

I will say again, FWIW.  Love, love, love Abby's house.  Best thing about the show.  By far.

With the news of the renewal I don't know whether to carry on til the end of the season, or just cut my losses now cos the thought of continuing to watch this next year makes me want to consult a shrink. If these are the storylines we're getting now, can you imagine how bad they'll be in S2?

I'm astounded, dismayed, horrified, and shocked (shocked I tell you!) that this dog's breakfast masquerading as entertainment has been renewed.  Maybe it's only successful by Bravo standards; as in, "In the valley of the blind, the one-eyed man is king..."

Just wondering does anyone like this show?

I went from curious to hate watching during the 2nd ep.  I don't know if I'm going to have the patience to come back for the next season.  I fear that I might tune in the first ep and (like Michael Corleone) get pulled back in.  Just to keep my snark sharp.

Edited by Lone Wolf
  • Love 1

You know, Jo had a kinda good, somewhat funny speech where she told the idiot/judgemental women at the school to "suck it".  The actress who plays Jo is OK.  I even sorta like the spunkiness of her character.  But again, we get the shit writing.  She's a woman in her 40's, not a teenager.  This is not how any woman in her 40's with a child would behave.  It's just silly bullshit.  I don't even get any enjoyment from hate watching this anymore.  It's just too stupid.  

I'd like to see what Abby's headboard looks like cuz I missed that, but I don't have the interest to watch this ep again, even on mute.  But I need some ideas for new night table lamps, so I'm almost tempted to FF thru On Demand.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

I'm sure Abby will have sex again in another ep. then you, and I because now I am curious, can check it out. Apparently she's a slut now so the chances are pretty good. lol

I won't make it through another season. I do like Delia and the actress who plays her though. But I don't like her storyline with the affair guy. Figures.

I don't like her storyline either. And that actor is creepy, fugly & sucky. But then what man on this show isn't?

Just saw a commercial for next ep, where Jake is again making comments on how young Warren Christie's character is -- er, except we all know Warren ain't young. GAH!!! Sheesh, he's gonna be 40 in November. I mean, WTF, Noxon? And btw, Noxon, give this fuckin' shittyass actor a razor blade & a fuckin' shave once in a while, would ya? Why is it Hollywood thinks unshaven is hot? Dude looks scuzzy as hell to me, like he hasn't showered in years. Yeah, real hot.

Honestly, I just can't with this show anymore. Think I'm gonna gather the strength to switch off Bravo after BH next week. Um, maybe . . . probably.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs