Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
photo fox

Super Bowl XLIX: The Live Chat Topic

A place for live chat about the game, the commercials, the half-time show.

This will (should?) open at 6pm EST and close at 1am EST.

No trash talk, please. Keep it friendly! :)

• Like 2

It was pleasant and in tune and nothing like Christina Aguilera so I give her the win. John Legend was fabulous, as always.

The moment of silence for Ann Mara made me tear up.

Brady hasn't been sacked yet. WTF.

• Like 1

I admit the Lindsay Lohan commercial cracked me up.  "We've both got a lot of miles on us.  Believe me"

Idina did a good job.  Not great but definitely not terrible.  You could tell she was happy with it at the end.

• Like 1

I would have flipped the performers and had John Legend sing the national anthem, but Idina did okay (just so freaking long).

I am ticked off, though. We lost power at my house for about 10 minutes and I think I missed some really good commercials, darn it.

I would have flipped the performers and had John Legend sing the national anthem, but Idina did okay (just so freaking long).

I am ticked off, though. We lost power at my house for about 10 minutes and I think I missed some really good commercials, darn it.

Good for you, you missed a Kim K commercial...

• Like 4

Hope the power is back!

Family thumbs down here for the Royal Caribbean Cruise Line Super Bowl travel ad. Bad JFK Boston accent, actor look-alikes, and lofty thoughts for a baby-boomer-targeted cruise line. Too long, too pretentious.

• Like 2

I liked the Nissan ad with the boy and his dad. Quite fitting for me since my non football watching husband just got home from work and I sent him upstairs for bedtime duty with our two boys.

The nationwide commercial took an unexpected sad turn with the stat about children deaths being preventable. Gah! Pull at my heartstrings why don'tcha!

Was hoping the interception by the Seahawks would be fruitful. 'Twas not. I'm pulling for them but I don't think I heard a single talking head this week pick the Seahawks to win.

Augh, the power has gone off and on at my house two times now! Stupid high winds and stupid neighbors who don't trim their trees. I've apparently missed a horrific Nationwide ad, a stupid McDonald's ad, something about Nissan and a race car dad, and a big chunk of the game.

I am dying at the Twitter comments juxtaposing the Nationwide "drown your kids" and the McDonald's "say you love your kids" ads.

For the record, McDonald's? Just let me pay for my fucking food. I'm not a monkey doing a dance for you.

The Nissan ad made me think it was about some evil clairvoyant kid for a minute because the kid was playing on the floor and flipping his toy car over when the father was getting in a car crash on TV. Regardless, it was kinda tasteless since Harry Chapin died in a car crash.

Edited by mojoween
  • Like 7

For the record, McDonald's? Just let me pay for my fucking food. I'm not a monkey doing a dance for you.

I would pay good money to see the outtakes of all of the people who refused to go along with those stupid requests.

• Like 8

Did we know Missy Elliot was going to perform? For me she just owned the halftime show.

Rule Number 1. Don't let your guest star out- shine you.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Like 8

I thought that was one of the worst halftimes in recent memory except maybe the Black Eyed Peas, but I don't particularly like Katy Perry.

• Like 2

That was kind of...lackluster. For all of the bright colors and fun sets, it was kind of devoid of character and heart. I liked Bruno Mars' set last year much better.

Edited by emma675
  • Like 3

I heard a rumor Missy would perform and I'm so glad it turned out to be true. She owned that half time show (although mad props to the freakin lion Katy Perry was riding in on. I spent the whole song transfixed on that and the logistics behind it, I also liked the checkerboard graphic stuff on the field. The music though, blech) and totally brought me back to another life!

• Like 2

Bruno Mars always puts me in a coma. At least Katy Perry is upbeat. I love her creativity with the set.

Edited by kariyaki
  • Like 2

And what if Mickey D's hands a receipt to someone demanding they call their mom and dear old mom is dead? Quit trying to convince us that eating at your ridiculous "restaurants" has anything to do with warm and fuzzy emotions. It's gross.

I thought halftime was quite entertaining, which is all I ask.

• Like 3

Angry Neeson for the win!

I personally liked Bruno more last year- he was my bright star on a sad Bronco day. I think I just really like dancing with my pop music, and the Missy Elliot dancers were not enough for me.

I highly doubt it was her creativity. She had many people create her. She is so bland. Pretty yes but not really a great singer or performer. And she just doesn't seem to be a person with any class or depth.

• Like 3

Did we know Missy Elliot was going to perform? For me she just owned the halftime show.

Is that who that was? I had no idea.  Didn't do much for me.  Perry was good, overall not a bad halftime show.

• Like 1

Cris Collinsworth says "it's been a week of distractions for Tom Brady." Shut the fuck up. This isn't Tom's first rodeo. If he let himself get distracted enough to rattle his cage that's his own damn fault.

• Like 10

So far the commercials have just been okay. Nothing to immediately rewind or want to talk about tomorrow. As for halftime... yawn. Katy Perry sounded screamy & I thought it felt incredibly overproduced. Although super bowl halftimes often are. I'm about to check out. Neither team is one I usually cheer for & I don't have a burning hatred for either so win, lose, I don't care.

I could seriously cry right now. I could not BE more disappointed. Carroll you suck giant donkey balls that you called that shitass call by throwing on second and goal when you have fucking Beast Mode for fuck's sake. I am so angry.

• Like 11

That was one of the STUPIDEST CALLS EVER.  I am absolutely disgusted.

If the Patriots manage to close this out, good job to them for coming back.

• Like 1

Cris Collingsworth really annoys me.

I cannot stand his voice! 

Not too crazy about Al Michaels' voice ether.

I am a bitter, bitter loser. I will give no props to New England for anything at all. Fuck them, fuck Brady, fuck Belichick even if he was part of crafting one of the greatest Giants defenses ever. Seattle's garbage play-calling gifted this win to them.

I think it's because I like Seattle that I am more miserable about this than the last Ravens win, because I'm not a particular fan of the Niners so that didn't break me up too much.

The commercials were such doom and gloom that this outcome was all but predetermined. Plus Madden '15 said it was going to end this way.

• Like 1

I have to give them props for coming back from 10 down, not to mention that rookie for making the interception. 

We had it in our grasp and we threw it away.  I cannot believe that call.  Just cannot. 

You have the most explosive running back in the league.  You're on the one-yard line.  And you choose to...  pass.  What could possibly go wrong?  God.  This makes me absolutely sick. 

Well, 'bye to y'all until next season. 

• Like 1

Great game overall.

Boring half time show.

Worst play call ever. When you are 1/2 a yard from the endzone, have three tries and have a Marshawn Lynch, never ever call a throwing play. So disappointed....

*Sigh*

• Like 2

The commercials were lackluster. The Clash of Clans with Liam Neeson was one of the few good ones.

It wasn't Clash of Clans (it was Heroes something), but it was a good ad.

Is that who that was? I had no idea.  Didn't do much for me.  Perry was good, overall not a bad halftime show.

I saw one tweet that said "Missy Elliott just sang her most recent hit.  From when I was in junior high."

• Like 1

Win by the collapse die by the collapse.

But even with one of the most amazing wins in Super Bowl history, Belichek is still all "yep, nope" in his post game interview.  

LaGarrette Blount has to be the luckiest player in the NFL right now. From getting kicked to the curb by the Steelers in the middle of the season to getting a Super Bowl ring with the Patriots.

Some of the comments on this thread have made me realize how much sweeter this victory is by being in some part decided by a Pete Carroll screw up.

Gronk is awesome.

One hell of a game, everyone!

Also: Heroes!

• Like 3

I am sick about this.  Of all the ways to lose, and of all the teams to lose to.

That was the stupidest play call I have ever seen.  They deserved to lose after that.  Goddammit, Seattle!

On my death bed, I'll be raving about Super Bowl XLII.  And, now, I'll still be ranting about this one.  Maybe by then I'll be able to speak coherently about it.

I hate everyone.

• Like 4

That was like the worst playcall in the history of football. I'm in shock. I know part of it was because the Seahawks had to burn a timeout after the long pass. But still. When I saw the empty backfield I thought it would be a qb draw. I wonder who's gonna take the heat for that one.

• Like 1