Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Puppy, Kitty, And Bunny Bowl Topic: Football Goes Fuzzy! - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Annual puppy bowls? Best. idea. ever. 

I didn't see this topic anywhere, so wanted to get the ball rolling, so to speak. Loving the goat cheerleaders. Look for Katty Furry at halftime. 

• Love 2

Also enjoying the Puppy Bowl - I like the bigger pups and the Subaru commercials.  That's the same ref who's been doing this for many years, I don't know about all of them.   The Kitten Bowl II is on Hallmark, too, but my heart belongs to the Puppy Bowl.

I watched and I thought it was great that they actually narrowed down what puppies should be MVP.  I don't recall that being the case other years.  I recall thinking that I didn't remember the MVPuppy ever doing much but being fuzzy and cute.  

Kitty Purry was a waste/wasted.  I thought there'd be a tad more.  I liked the puppy background stories.

Bumping this up because it's Puppy Bowl Day!

Can the thread name get changed to be an annual thread, maybe to include the Kitty Bowl and the Bunny Bowl, because I don't see all the individual shows getting a lot of traffic?

Edited by chitowngirl
  • Love 3

They are going all out with the dog puns on the pregame show for Puppy Bowl XIII. I'm also impressed with the professional sports graphics.

Hopefully those three special needs dogs competing will build awareness of their shelter counterparts.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, movingtargetgal said:

Puppy Bowl Sunday is a big deal in our house.  I understand there is another sports game that always plays on the same day.  Does anyone know what that would be? :)  Mr. Moving would like to check it out to see if he might be interested in watching it.

It's another animal-related event called the Superb Owl Game ;) 

• Love 9
On 2/5/2017 at 2:34 PM, Muffyn said:

I enjoy the dog interviews too much.  Every one of them just sniffs the microphone.  I was hoping for a lick or two. 

The NFL filmed their own feature on the Puppy Bowl and one of the interviewees managed to tug the mic away. (3:31 in)

• Love 2
On 02/05/2017 at 6:16 AM, chitowngirl said:

Bumping this up because it's Puppy Bowl Day!

Can the thread name get changed to be an annual thread, maybe to include the Kitty Bowl and the Bunny Bowl, because I don't see all the individual shows getting a lot of traffic?

You forgot The Fish Bowl!  :-)

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:13 AM, Vermicious Knid said:

I checked my DVR and there are three shows listed as Puppy Bowl XIV, all tagged as new, and all with different descriptions. Did they do three different versions this year?

According to the cable description those are the pre game shows. The game doesn't actually start to 3pm.

• Love 2
On 2/5/2017 at 3:02 PM, movingtargetgal said:

Puppy Bowl Sunday is a big deal in our house.  I understand there is another sports game that always plays on the same day.  Does anyone know what that would be? :)  Mr. Moving would like to check it out to see if he might be interested in watching it.

Mr. Moving is too sick to enjoy the Puppy Bowl this years.  I am going to sequester myself in the bedroom and watch the Puppy Bowl. Mr. Moving has moved to the spare room for the duration. :(  He is planning to rally at about 6pm to watch that other sporting event.  I really wish they would promote that sporting event more because I can never remember the name of it.  What sport is it anyway?

• Love 3

I liked it better when there were more doggies and fewer sloths, chickens, parrots, hamsters, gerbils, pigs, ducks, bunnies and whatever else they've had.  I get it -- all sorts of animals are abandoned and need homes, but it's Puppy Bowl, not pig bowl!  And I hated the halftime show this time, too.  Too much CGI and not enough actual kitties.

• Love 4

I agree, too much time wasted on the other animals.  Did we really need to spend so much time on the sloth?  I remember when the Kitty Half-time show was a bunch of kittens sat stunned by all the confetti and bright lights.  

• Love 4

I preferred the inaugural Dog Bowl yesterday to this year's Puppy Bowl. An hour was about the right viewing length and I do like seeing the older dogs get some attention. Plus that story line of the one dog 'breaking' the score board with all those touchdowns actually made me laugh.

• Love 4
On 2/3/2018 at 12:02 PM, Lantern7 said:

Yeah, there's lots of stuff on Animal Planet. There's one about Internet-famous dogs, and they included these pugs I check out on Instagram.

Of course I'll be watching Puppy Bowl. My big question is whether Mr. Wigglesworth will get into the game at all. I can't remember seeing a Shar Pei puppy on the field in the past. Look at him! I don't think he can even see with the wrinkles in his eyes!

There was a puppy on the field a couple years ago: https://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/puppy-bowl/videos/wrinkles

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Sile said:

I liked the extra exposure that they gave to special needs cats during the Kitten Bowl this year.

Yeah, all the stories with them were good. I also liked when they talked about rescuing the animals from the hurricanes last year, and the story about the kitten with no back legs got to me, too. I just wanted to hug them all :D. 

• Love 1
On 2/4/2018 at 2:18 PM, halopub said:

I preferred the inaugural Dog Bowl yesterday to this year's Puppy Bowl. An hour was about the right viewing length and I do like seeing the older dogs get some attention. Plus that story line of the one dog 'breaking' the score board with all those touchdowns actually made me laugh.

I don't normally watch any of these animal bowls other than a couple of minutes here and there since I spend the day watching the Super Bowl, but since that one was on the day before, and was about older dogs, I checked out a bit of it.  I'd like to watch on mute, because the cheesy announcing and music annoy me, but then I'd miss the dogs' stories.  That TD scoring machine was the one from Villalobos Rescue Center (the rescue featured on Pit Bulls & Parolees), right?  He was really cute.

• Love 1

Yep, Slate. I think they had three other dogs, including Bond who they say is still looking for a home.

On the Puppy Bowl, the LA Times talked about how the production staff rooted for Wigglesworth when he suddenly woke up but then he pooped in the end zone. Hee!

• Love 6

I had it on for a few minutes, but turned it off. There is to much stuff going on. I miss the days when the just had the puppies running through the "field". Instead they kept cutting away from it to show something else or another animal.

• Love 1

Bumble got MVP honors in the Puppy Bowl. Blind and deaf, but she looked mostly natural on the field. Liked the final scene of her getting a home, running around and barking.

ETA: “Congratulations, Bumble! You’re the MVP!!” “Dude, she’s deaf. That’s half of her thing.”

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 5

The  puppies are so adorable! I want them all, especially the Saint Bernard mix and the Old Sheep Dog with the prosthetic leg. At this rate, I am going to keep editing until I add all the pups.

ETA: I also want Pirate, Melody, Moses, Bumble, and the Great Pyrenees pup.

Awww, look at that all those puppies with forever homes. It must be raining because my eyes are damp.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 5

Adorable shows as always. I too teared up when I saw how many of the Animals were adopted. I hope the few that were not get homes soon. 

Aww Bumble!!  happy to see how active that dog still was.  I was more lazy today lol.  

I love how this took off.  Both shows bring fun, joy and love.  

• Love 3