Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Madness

NHL Thread

I think it was a mistake letting Nylander back to the Toronto Maple Leafs. Yeah it's superstitious but since his returns he seems to bring a string of bad luck and a losing streak

• Like 1

Dave Hakstol has finally been fired as the Flyers head coach. Gritty will now be the interirm Head Coach . 

Scott Gordon has actually been named interim Head coach but really some guy in a orange furry costume probably would still be a better head coach than Dave Take too.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2018 at 1:43 PM, shoregirl said:

Dave Hakstol has finally been fired as the Flyers head coach. Gritty will now be the interirm Head Coach . 

Scott Gordon has actually been named interim Head coach but really some guy in a orange furry costume probably would still be a better head coach than Dave Take too.

The Flyers under Hakstol this season combined being bad with being almost unbelievably boring. 

Hard to imagine a strategy of: enter the offensive zone, come to a dead stop, and then shoot low percentage perimeter shots was unsuccessful...............

Edited by bosawks
  • Like 1

So I guess Ovechkin's epic global bender finally caught up with him.

• Like 2

Avalanche vs Ducks.

#29: Cole got a 5 min major for "Kneeing" a Ducks player.... WTF?!!!!!!!

My dh and I watched that player over and over and even the announcers didn't understand that penalty.

Tirico is good at hockey too?

Is there any sport he can't announce?

As a Flyers fan all I can say about this season is “WTF! Thank god that’s over....”

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bosawks said:

As a Flyers fan all I can say about this season is “WTF! Thank god that’s over....”

Seriously.. Thank god it's over. When trying to name the best things that happen this season I would say 1. Carter Hart.  Then I struggle to come up with anything outside of Gritty ..(i guess) and the season is over . Come on Flyers the other three teams in the city are exciting ..step it up please.

• Like 1

It’s Lottery Day!!!!!!!!

Hey, when you aren’t in the playoffs and your fandom is imploding you take what you can get......

• Like 3

Let's go Islanders! Home ice advantage for the first round - I don't remember the last time they've had that.  And all home games will be back at the Nassau Coliseum, how great is that! Wish I could get there for a game, the old barn will be rocking!

Wow.. Tampa Bay swept by the Columbus . According to sports center they are the first team to win the Presidents' Trophy and get swept in a best of 7.

Penquins also swept which as a Flyers fan I would find amusing but they Flyers didnt  even make the playoffs so.....but we did get another new coach so yay!?! 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/flyers-appoint-vigneault-coach-235331621.html

• Like 2

I'm kicking myself for not recording the third period of the Knights/Sharks game. That's an incredible comeback.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Popples said:

I'm kicking myself for not recording the third period of the Knights/Sharks game. That's an incredible comeback.

On the one hand the 5 minute major call wasn't great but damn that PK was egregious.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Am I wrong for being glad the Maple Leafs lost last night and John Tavares is starting his off-season early, while the Islanders swept the Pens and are moving ahead to the second round?

• Like 2

As a Penguins fan, it feels so weird to check out of the playoffs this early.

I know all commissioners say they don't root for certain results, but Bettman can't be happy with the way things have gone. President's Trophy winner. Gone. Defending champs. Gone. Last year's can do story, Las Vegas. Gone. The most popular/hated star in the league, Crosby. Gone.

Congratulations to the Blues.  The players were so excited. I wish they could have won the game on their home ice so the fans could enjoy the moment in person.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

Congratulations to the Blues.  The players were so excited. I wish they could have won the game on their home ice so the fans could enjoy the moment in person.

Yes!!! It was so good to see a Boston team lose. (No offense to our Boston people who may be reading this!)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

Yes!!! It was so good to see a Boston team lose. (No offense to our Boston people who may be reading this!)

I agree. It was nice for them to finally not win a sport game.

Congrats Blues. I'm glad that they won. Though I agree it would be nice if it was on home ice. I heard people booing when they where giving them the cup.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 5:02 PM, catlover79 said:

Agreed, especially after all that talk Boston was having that they could conceivably win the NBA championship and the Stanley Cup and simultaneously hold all four major championships. Barf. 

It was a sweet relief to see the Celtics implode against the Bucks and the Bruins fall one game short as well. 

Sorry Bostonians, we only hate you cause you win so much. 

• Like 1