Type keyword(s) to search

Sylvester Dodd

Actionmage

(edited)

I love Sylvester.

I think he may be the Kid Brother of the team. It has been intimated that Syl's home live growing up was very, very nightmareish. The only ones who really know seem to be Walter and Toby. Happy may know, but she seems to not give much away about the team because she's the Protector. Gallo might have a file somewhere with the broader strokes, but he hasn't said much either.

I love that even with his quiet demeanor, he can ask for respect and stand up for himself. Sylvester has a dignity that is not to be messed with,even in costume as a comic book superhero.

Sylvester's growing friendship with Megan is a wonderful development. I wasn't expecting it, so it is a refreshing take on "liking a co-worker/ friend's sister".

Almost forgot: I was afraid that Syl's eidetic memory would be a deus ex machina, but it barely comes into play. When it is used, it feels mostly fair, so I'm not feeling gripe-y about it just yet.

edited: Machine and machina, essentially the same, yet...

Edited by Actionmage

I'm very curious to learn more about Sylvester's childhood. I definitely get the impression that Walter knows the most about it, although I'm sure Toby has it figured out as well.

I love that they treat him as the younger brother of the group. They may tease him here or there (like when Happy showed Toby the video of El Guapo dancing, despite Sylvester's clear embarrassment) but they seem to overall be very supportive and protective. I'm also enjoying his relationship with Megan so far. It's very sweet and I'm interested to see where they go with it.

I've also been wondering about the order in which they all came to join Scorpion. I was thinking Sylvester was probably first, but if I remember correctly, Toby mentioned to Happy that he's known him since he was 16. So either Toby was already around or he joined soon after Walter found Sylvester.

• Love 1
On 2/1/2015 at 3:48 AM, Actionmage said:

I think he may be the Kid Brother of the team.

I agree with you. He is totally the kid brother of the team. Cabe Gallo is the dad, and the birth order of the siblings goes Walter, Toby, Happy, Sylvester.