Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E16: The Last Ride

This was probably the dumbest of the three latest episodes. The chrome painted body in the woods was WAY too evenly painted and pristinely made up -- hair was all straightened, the paint was evenly distributed on her skin, the dress was in perfect condition, no marks/smears where someone would have had to have grabbed the body, and all the paint was dry with no dripping or pooling on the ground.  It looked like a body paint makeup job, not someone who had been dunked in a paint trough.

If the coroner put the time of death between midnight and 3am and it's still dark out, that means that its only been a maximum of 6-7 hours since she died -- no way that paint would be dry everywhere on her body, especially the dress and her hair.

When Finn/Sarah find the chrome paint trough, there are only teeny, tiny drops of paint leading away to the Caddie -- when that body would have been drenched in paint.  There's no sign of where a drop cloth was put down that would have smeared paint all over the floor nor was there a trail of paint from the trough to where the dropcloth would have been placed on the floor. Nor was there a trail of paint from the trough to where the killer would have gone to clean up (since his hands and clothes were covered in the paint).  The bigger question -- why keep a giant trough full of paint sitting there ?  And why wasn't it covered up so the surface wouldn't dry.  It looked like a trough of adamantium and William Stryker would be arriving shortly to perform his treatments on Wolverine.

How did the Caddie simply drive away ?  It's path was obstructed on all sides by 3 cars and a post (the one car parked in front of where the Caddie was parked that later mysteriously disappeared during the investigation).  The killer would have had to move all the other cars out of the way first in order to get an exit path to wherever the vehicle entrance to the Vault was located.

When exactly did the victim dancing at the start of the episode occur -- in the killer's mind ? Because it appeared to occur on the red carpet in The Vault, and Ava wasn't dancing in the killer's confession re-enactment.  Plus, why was ridiculously loud music playing while the killer was replacing the headrest ? Music that suddenly stopped when the killer started going after her.  And why didn't the killer have a big bruise on his cheek from where Ava hit him ?  Or when Ava would have been walking on a recently paved road to get to the storage facility to get the concrete on the heel of her shoe ?  Wouldn't she have driven there ?

How did the pizza magnet: A) get specks of chrome paint on it, and B) get under the car beside the where the Caddie was parked.  Was it just an excuse for Hodges to get pizza in the lab ?  They never did explain that either -- the killer didn't have the pizza magnet in his hand or anywhere near him when he was drowning the victim in paint.

I'm still confused how the killer knew about the storage facility that Ava had rented so he could stash the car there ?  Or why the killer decided to drop the body in that place to be found al nicely laid out like it was a presentation (why not hide it or bury it ?). Or why Ava ran into the maintenance bay instead of heading for the exit ?  Or where the killer's silver covered clothes went after the murder, or where he cleaned up before disposing of the body ?  

Was this episode originally supposed to be shown at a later date (and they are now burning off episodes) ?  Because the date the web site had for when the Caddie auction was posted was Feb. 8, 2015.  And the appraisal found in the trunk of the Caddie was dated Feb. 6, 2015.

The headrest replacement was dubious at best -- the killer would have had to found a replacement, unmount the head rest from the existing post, and remount the new headrest and that would take time.  And would blood residue still show up on the seats after 30 or so years -- it would have been cleaned numerous, numerous times and no one else would have thought that maybe it would have been a good idea to get the blood out (because flies and such would be attracted to that much blood).

In the imagined re-enactment of the killing, the woman in the car was shot sitting up and away from the car seat, and then collapsed -- her head was nowhere near the headrest and there was very little blood on the seatback let alone the headrest.  

And why would some dumbass jealous guy who killed a mob boss keep the gun all this time -- sentimental value because it's gun he used to kill his cheating fiancé ?  He should have filed the numbers off, dismantled it and tossed it in the bottom of Lake Mead.  Let alone tossing the old headrest in the dumpster behind his office -- come on, that's just stupid and lazy.  

There are just so many holes in this entire story -- it's liked they farmed it out to the interns.

• Love 4

Does anyone know the name of the song that was playing when they were cleaning the chrome off of the body? I can't find it anywhere, Shazam couldn't find it, and there are quite a number of folks trying to track it down.  It is not "Night and Day". People keep coming back with that one and that was a song played earlier in the episode. The lyrics were "Save me. Chase me down to the sun, love. Faster than we can run. I'll be there soon." It was so pretty and it just doesn't seem to exist.

Does anyone know the name of the song that was playing when they were cleaning the chrome off of the body? I can't find it anywhere, Shazam couldn't find it, and there are quite a number of folks trying to track it down.  It is not "Night and Day". People keep coming back with that one and that was a song played earlier in the episode. The lyrics were "Save me. Chase me down to the sun, love. Faster than we can run. I'll be there soon." It was so pretty and it just doesn't seem to exist.

Here (http://www.heardontv.com/tvshow/CSI/Season+15/The+Last+Ride) is says it's an original for the show by Georgia Ku. But I'm just a reference librarian.
  • Love 1

I had this feeling of deja vu when I watched this episode, then it all came back to me --- two episodes ago (Merchants of Menace) the story was that someone was selling a convertible that belonged to s serial killer and when they reveal the car, there is s dead body in it.  In this episode, someone is selling a convertible that a mobster was killed in.  

I got tired of all the episodes being about someone close to one of the CSIs and I am glad that they have slowed that down, but they better not be replacing "family member of the week" with "crime convertible of the week"

• Love 1

I was reminded of Merchants of Menace, too.

Though a few Plot Holes really bugged me - would luminol really reveal 20 year old blood (when I saw that, I thought I'd missed a murder)? Did the murderer really manage to kill his victim without getting a scratch on him? And what exactly was that pool of paint (very reminiscent of X Men 2, as OttoDBusDriver pointed out) doing there? Maybe if it had been at his shop I could have believed it (however implausible) but they weren't even supposed to be touching up the car or anything.

At least we didn't have a CSI going all self righteous on somebody else who turned out to be innocent (this week).