Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: A Whole World Out There

O-o-o-kay, so John and Richie are alone in a building with a kid covered in puncture wounds and somehow manage not to get dragged off in handcuffs..?

Good ep though. Who was the guy in the mirror over the mantle?

• Love 2

Good to see Ritchie again.  And glad he survived another episode.  I like the guest characters who have a similar level of understanding as Constantine, and are willing to question him.  This was solid episode, and had some suspense.

I believe the guy in the mirror is the deceased owner of the mill.  The mirror shows the past.

• Love 1

O-o-o-kay, so John and Richie are alone in a building with a kid covered in puncture wounds and somehow manage not to get dragged off in handcuffs..?

Good ep though. Who was the guy in the mirror over the mantle?

That was Jasper, it's his house.

I really liked this episode, I enjoyed Richie quite a bit, it's been so long since we last saw him. I grew so attached I was really worried he was going to stay in that other world. I know the chances of a S2 are slim to none but I hated the idea that they'd kill off a really interesting supporting character.

For all of the creepiness in the episode the creepiest thing was (IMO) the image of Lily sitting there like a doll or marionette with broken strings.

• Love 1

Richie is back!  And, hey, we even got William Mapother as Shaw, so it was triple the former Lost guys with those two and Manny/Harold Perrineau!  Glad to see him back, although I guess his return meant they could include either Chas or Zed for whatever reason.  Jeremy Davis' paycheck must be that big!

Yeah, IMDB lists the actor playing Gary from Feast of Friends, so I'm sure he was the guy in the mirror.

Fun episode; basically a straight up horror kind of scenario, with John and Richie having to stop a killer, only this time, the killer created is only alternate dimension, that he has control over.  I did like that lone survivor was one of the black students.  Flipping horror tropes on their head!  Yay, show!

Only two episodes left so I have to think John and crew are going to be taking on the upcoming "darkness" soon.

• Love 1

I was just thinking in both Grimm and this show tonight,

the white guy dies first in a haunted house

- break that trope.

And yes, that was Gary Lester in the mirror.

Why was Manny non-cryptic tonight? That was a direct intervention, no? Also, him wanting to be recruit Ritchie to the cause. Can't he just appear to the latter and ask him directly? The producers said there'll be many revelations in the upcoming weeks. Hope there'll be answers to Manny's actions.

Next week is the penultimate episode, damn.

Edited by kwerkee
  • Love 1

Was it just me, or were Manny's wings more gray now?

Man, this episode and the Grimm episode had me wondering if it was October, but in a good way. Haunted houses can be wonderful if handled by good writers.

Count me as being super-protective of Richie. Man, I would alternate between Richie and Dickie, but I was very scared from their escape of the house to nearly the end. Richie deciding to engage with his students was a nice contrast to John and Gary, still wanting. 

William Mapother? Makes polite freaking scary, so I can buy his Shaw making the college  group mind-fart in terror. Adam has my love for forever, facing Shaw down, not entirely sure what would happen.  I think, for a moment, he was granted a smidge or respect. Then the regularly-scheduled maiming and torturing continued. I felt so dumb not to have twigged that the handless guy was Shaw. I thought it was his assistant. It occurs to me that Shaw would not populate his paradise with an inferior.

Funny moment: CGI Lily and John, running from the house and down the grassy, flowered hills. They barely look like people shapes! But it was so minor, and funny, that it's nbd.

The preview had me laughing too! Manny!

edited for correct Justified reference.

Edited by Actionmage
  • Love 1

I thought they were going Gary Lester's route on the show - instead of being forced his fate, Ritchie would choose it. I would not have mind it because Ritchie would have made the decision himself without Constantine's manipulation. However, I am glad he's sticking around.

I like the reasons given for absences, this time round. Made sense that Chas would want to stay with the family and Zed still resting from being pushed out of bed by John.

• Love 3

I really enjoyed this one.

Losing Zed/Chas for an episode gave us a nice team up with John/Ritchie and a bit of a resolution to some of their conflict.

The serial killer was actually scary and there was some great visuals throughout this one too.

I still think they're struggling with Manny though, 8/10