Type keyword(s) to search

There's No Fooling Us: Penn & Teller: Fool Us In The Media

• Start Topic

This is about Episode 2, from a few weeks ago. Still if the show keeps this up, it's a shoe-in for a 3rd season.

The CW's 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' is the Most Watched Program in its Timeslot Since 2010

Last night's second episode of PENN & TELLER: FOOL US was The CW's most watched program (1.99M) in its time period in four and a half years (since 12/6/10).

PENN & TELLER rose +20% over last week in total viewers, and also rose a tenth in A18-34 (0.5/2), while holding steady in A18-49 (0.5/2). Last night was PENN & TELLER's most watched episode since 9/3/14 (aired on Wednesday night), and its highest rated episode in A18-34 since 9/3/14.

Coming here with congratulations!

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/whose-line-is-it-anyway-penn-teller-fool-us-renewed-by-cw-37719/

August 11, 2015 (Beverly Hills, CA) – The CW has ordered new cycles of the hit improvisational comedy series WHOSE LINE IS IT ANYWAY? and the hit comedy magic series PENN & TELLER: FOOL US, it was announced today by Mark Pedowitz, President, The CW. The new episodes will debut in 2016.

Yay! Summer Fun 2016 ( and a distraction from politics at that point, too)!

• Love 1

Excellent on both counts!

One of the things I'm mindful of about more episodes is how P&T need to keep coming up with new tricks since they finish every show with one. I know they can go deep with card tricks or taking classic stuff and giving it their own spin. But big stuff like Bullet Catch or detailed precision like Invisi-Ball Thread takes years of work. Even knowing they have a year I imagine it will be challenging to have enough for a new season.

• Love 2

According to "Penn's Sunday School" (Penn's weekly webcast), everyone tried to move heaven and earth to get Ross's schedule and the taping schedule to coincide, but it just didn't work out. Penn is happy with the second choice of Hannigan because not only is she good, but she's in such a different direction than Ross that hopefully no one will think they were only trying to replace him because they were unhappy with his work. Penn wants Ross back for the next season for sure, he says.

The show is pretty cheap to produce, so it can probably survive lowish numbers as long as the buzz is good and Magicians are happy to perform on it; I'm sure most don't care about the 'prize' so much as the chance to promote themselves on National TV with World famous P&T. 

It's on the CW app, if you are out of range/cable doesn't have a CW station or have a DVD fail.  I thought it was before it aired, but I was looking  at a rerun.

Edited by marketdoctor
Oops, had dates wrong!

I saw an ad saying season seven starts on June 22.  The clips had full crowds too.  They must have filmed those months ago.  Unless those were just old clips of existing shows, I wasn't paying that close attention.

On 6/10/2020 at 3:23 PM, rmontro said:

I saw an ad saying season seven starts on June 22.  The clips had full crowds too.  They must have filmed those months ago.  Unless those were just old clips of existing shows, I wasn't paying that close attention.

It was filmed back in feb and beginning of march.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 10/20/2020 at 12:03 PM, rmontro said:

Anybody have any ideas on how Garrett Thomas did the ring trick, if it wasn't a gimmicked ring?  I have a thought, but there were parts I can't explain.

Since no one answered, I've been reading about this a bit.  Thomas sells this trick on a DVD, and there is no gimmick involved.  So it really is sleight of hand apparently.  Impressive, but I still find it surprising he got the ring off of Teller's finger without him noticing it.  Also a little surprised he got a Fool Us trophy, because if he's selling it as a product I would have expected P&T to be aware of it.

Watched the most recent "History's Greatest Mysteries" from the History Channel.  It was about Houdini and his diary entries.  Both Penn and Teller provided some talking head commentary throughout the program.  It was especially interesting to hear Teller speak so openly.  He even got choked up a few times talking about Houdini's relationship with his mother.  He pointed out that a magician's first audience is usually his mother.

• Love 1