Type keyword(s) to search

The All You Can Eat Buffet: My 600 Pound Life All Episode Discussion

• Start Topic

Well, that was rather a rip-off.  There was no new updates from the 2018 show.

It is a great story, and I think all poundticipants should watch it for inspiration.  This is how one does it!

Diana might seem a bit lonely now, but she's determined to take care of it all, and then move back to her family in Seattle.  Her family is good about staying with her during and after surgeries.

I'm not planning on watching next week's show.  It's all about poor doomed Sean.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

Hey TLC, just because you slap the word NEW on an episode doesn't make it so. The one on last night about tragic Sean was about as new as the concept of leftover pizza.

I did enjoy watching the episode about Amber that followed. She didn't just say she was working hard to lose weight -- she did the work and it paid off big time. It's nice too to have a poundparticipant who isn't marble-mouthed and mendacious.

• Love 3

Haven't been watching the "new" Where Are They Now episodes they've been running (I realized I missed the first one and when I checked OnDemand a few days later it wasn't there; started to watch Sean but then decided I had better things to do), but every once in a while I check in on Lonnie's Instagram page to see what he's up to (it's a lot of pics/videos of his work as a hairstylist, his houseplants, and his boyfriend (they're adorable), but one of his recent posts is this video of John getting all cleaned up for his new football coaching job!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ckn1vshPAJG/

John came to see me to get cleaned up for the start of his new career as a football coach. This is such a proud moment for both of us.

Plus this, from Halloween. Holy cow!

image.thumb.png.b854125daaa0084b156c8aebc56211e7.png

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkYgY8OLpsb/

I have never felt so pretty. I could have never pulled this type of stuff off when I was over 500 lbs. The rewards of my weight loss journey has given me a new level of confidence that I’ve never ever had. And it really feels good to be able to look in the mirror and actually appreciate and love what you see. I’m still not completely comfortable in my own skin… but photos like this just brings so much reassurance that I’m on the right path with myself.

Thank you everyone for the continued love and support throughout this entire journey of mine. It truly means the world to me.

And a BIG THANKS to the team that helped put my entire look together!

Edited by ams1001
  • Like 4
On 11/20/2022 at 10:36 AM, ams1001 said:

Plus this, from Halloween. Holy cow!

Wow!  The man got some serious talent!  Although he looks a bit too thin now.  Hope he didn't swing all the way in the other direction, eating disorders can be double-edged like that...

On 11/20/2022 at 10:36 AM, ams1001 said:

John getting all cleaned up for his new football coaching job!

Amazing, isn't it, that he went from morbidly obese to a coach!  And he is quite handsome when cleaned up! 

On 11/14/2022 at 5:07 PM, babyhouseman said:

Yay!  Good things do come to those who wait.  I will be catching up on House of the Dragon and Rings of Power over the holidays, but by the end of January I should be ready for this show.  That reminds me, any classes I am thinking of taking in the spring cannot be on Wednesday nights! :)   Wednesday nights are reserved for the live chats with you all!

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Hellga said:

Wow!  The man got some serious talent!  Although he looks a bit too thin now.  Hope he didn't swing all the way in the other direction, eating disorders can be double-edged like that...

I agree his makeup is amazing! Often when you have been heavy a long time (and don't have the elasticity in your skin that you did in your youth) your face may look more "gaunt" than it otherwise would after extreme weight loss. I do hope he's doing okay, it sometimes takes a while to find your "sweet spot" after losing. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 11/22/2022 at 1:32 PM, cynicat said:

I decided to do a mini-binge on the WATN episodes and watched Brandon again.  He is just so inspiring, and what a transformation!  Physically and mentally.  So happy for him and Taylor.

image.png.321d8f7e6164a380943d9bc0ea419d35.png

Me too! They look so cute. 

• Love 1
On 11/23/2022 at 8:58 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think most of the WATN are reruns anyway.   Here's where they have the list of all of the 600 lbs episodes, and the WATN are at the end.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_My_600-lb_Life_episodes#:~:text=As of June 21%2C 2022,aired%2C concluding the tenth season.

There are some new WATN that were filmed this year that are the ones airing currently. I remember seeing something on Lonnie's (John and Lonnie) FB page that they had filmed. I was checking out his page after I saw their episode and evidently, they didn't tell them the air date. He only found out when he saw it on the guide.

• Useful 1

Is this where the snark is tonight? 

On 11/22/2022 at 2:32 PM, cynicat said:

I decided to do a mini-binge on the WATN episodes and watched Brandon again.  He is just so inspiring, and what a transformation!  Physically and mentally.  So happy for him and Taylor.

image.png.321d8f7e6164a380943d9bc0ea419d35.png

Look at those smiles!!

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Does anyone know what ever happened to her???

She tried a GoFundMe and didn't really get much.  Does  have a YouTube channel and said she received gifts from subscribers... I haven't watched any of her videos, but here it is:  https://www.youtube.com/@JourneyOntheGoLLC/about

She claims she has lost over 350 pounds 'on her own' without surgery.  My spidey senses are saying she is lying out of her ass. 

• Like 2
(edited)

Yes, Thursday evening is the Schenee, and Mark's supersized episode. 

My guess is that even though we don't see it on the show, I bet almost all of the out of town poundticipants have at least consulted with some of the other bariatric practices that do 600 lb patients.    I'm also sure they've flunked out of other diet programs, and fad diets, and everything else before consulting with Dr. Now.  

Some are having revision surgery, or like Erica, ate through another surgery.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
On 3/8/2023 at 4:34 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Yes, Thursday evening is the Schenee, and Mark's supersized episode. 

My guess is that even though we don't see it on the show, I bet almost all of the out of town poundticipants have at least consulted with some of the other bariatric practices that do 600 lb patients.    I'm also sure they've flunked out of other diet programs, and fad diets, and everything else before consulting with Dr. Now.  

Some are having revision surgery, or like Erica, ate through another surgery.  

I’m also sure many of them consulted with bariatric physicians when they were at 300, 400, 500lbs. 

• Like 2
On 12/30/2022 at 10:47 AM, mmecorday said:

I'm watching the John and Lonnie episode now. Lonnie looks way too skinny. I'm glad that he and his brother got a handle on their unhealthy eating habits, but I think Lonnie took things too far. 

Little late on this, but I found his Instagram a while back and check in on it once in a while just to see what he's up to (lots of him and his adorable boyfriend, plants, and hairstyling stuff). He had a video fairly recently (probably since the beginning of the year) talking about how he was trying to build some muscle and put some weight back on. So at least he recognizes it's potentially a problem. 

• Like 3
On 3/7/2023 at 9:50 PM, Hellga said:

A heads-up that the legendary Schenee episode will be on repeat on Thursday at 6pm Eastern time.  

I could go for another Where Are They Now update on Nicole and her Merry Bunch o' Bastards.  Like Cousin Eddie said....it's the gift that keeps on giving.

• LOL 4

So, who had WLS this season? The poundicipants were: 

Geno   yes

Nico     yes

Latonya   no

Wess   yes

Mark     no, he was approved but changed his mind

Stephanie  no

Chris P   no, but he lost weight on his own

Patrick   yes

Did I get it right? 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, magemaud said:

So, who had WLS this season? The poundicipants were: 

Geno   yes

Nico     yes

Latonya   no

Wess   yes

Mark     no, he was approved but changed his mind

Stephanie  no

Chris P   no, but he lost weight on his own

Patrick   yes

Did I get it right? 

Was there someone named Syreeta? I think she did pretty good, but I don't remember if she had WLS.

Edited by JunkFoodTV
Misspelled Syreeta
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Syreeta did not have surgery, but was doing very well.  She's the one that was exercising and rolled down the hill.   I really liked her. 

I remember that scene. She looked absolutely gleeful. I really liked her and wanted to go find a hill. 🤣

• Like 1

The one on Thursday the 30th is the Supersized edition of Patrick's episode.  

However my cable guide says the 29th new episode is "World's Fattest Man: Ten Years On (Paul Mason is his name). 

Also, the 'new' episodes before that is the former WATN of Brianne, split into two hours. (She's the one where her older husband had a heart attack during the episode, and what happened later with him disgusts me).  

• Useful 1
(edited)

D-Life (Discovery Life channel) is showing the original Season 2 episode with Penny, it was from 2014.         It's only an hour (7 - 8 pm Central, 7 May, Sunday).    I'm guessing it's the original since it's Season 2 and 2014.        I just feel sorry for Penny's son, Liam.   Her husband should have saved their son from Penny, but he never will.   She was a pioneer with bed cooking.   She also was vicious to her enabler husband. 

Penny's pee pad meatloaf, and fried wontons is a classic.  I love how she claimed Dr. Now never gave her a diet.   Dr. Now even offer gets her to a hospital to check her condition and weight, after six months of missed appointments with Dr. Now, and a million lies.   She is so delusional, claims she lost a lot of weight, and when Dr. Now confirms she lost nothing, she starts crying and whining.   Her claim she can reach her vagina is going to make me hurt myself laughing. 

So, enabler husband hears everything Dr. Now said to her, so when she starts her pathetic crying, he gets her ice cream?  Then, at the hotel, the husband serves her a bunch of food that's on her diet, but not in that quantity.   Dr. Now has to waste the time of transport personnel, and hosptial staff to get a weight check on her.      She's from Maryland, there have to be many bariatric programs closer to her that handle 600 lb patients. 

I looked and couldn't find a thread for the original episode, just the WATN with other poundticipants.  There was a WATN with Penny and Tara listed for 2015.   

Junk Food TV-I read that Lee and Rena are still together.  Michael who had such a horrible fight with his wife (Roni ? maybe), they got back together too.    So many violent couples, and so few break up and stay that way. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Applause 1

Penny's little boy, it's just sad. Ever wonder what he will grow up to be?

I was so happy that Ashley with the little boy, Patrick got it together and did what she should. He was just the sweetest little pumpkin pie. 🧡

Most of my grandchildren are boys....lots and lots of boys! 😳 

• Like 1

Sadly, I bet Penny's son will grow up to be Dylan (however, it's spelled) who is his mother's permanent caretaker, and probably always will be (Pauline).

Penny's husband will never shield his son from her, and her sick need to be the permanent martyr.   

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

He'd be - what? About 14 now?

An age that's tough enough for any kid. I feel so bad for him. I hope penny's family are really stepping up. I think her sisters were very nice, from watching the first episode. 

(edited)

On TLC today (Saturday 3 June) they're showing the Rena & Lee episode from 2 to 4 Central.  Sadly, I've read that Rena & Lee are together again. 

Followed by the first Erica (California) episode, where she demands her brother and family move to Houston for her, which means the brother would have to park his boat and only source of income for a year.  It's also the one where Dr. Now sends a therapist, and a dietician to Erica's home in California.  When the dietician tosses Erica's junk food, Erica says it's a waste, and that she'll just order more delivery.   Erica's episode is 4 to 6 pm Central. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama

I only watch this show when I am trying to lose weight, so I have been watching a lot of it again over the last couple of weeks. (down 6.6 lbs in two weeks, thankyouverymuch!) I really need to see success stories for motivation. I wish they could do some sort of code indicator either in the TV listings or somewhere in the beginning of the show or in the promos whether it is going to be a success story or a colossal failure, because I just watched three duds in a row! (Stephanie/Dolly/Ryan). 

• Like 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, newyawk said:

I only watch this show when I am trying to lose weight, so I have been watching a lot of it again over the last couple of weeks. (down 6.6 lbs in two weeks, thankyouverymuch!) I really need to see success stories for motivation. I wish they could do some sort of code indicator either in the TV listings or somewhere in the beginning of the show or in the promos whether it is going to be a success story or a colossal failure, because I just watched three duds in a row! (Stephanie/Dolly/Ryan). 

Congrats on the weight loss.  I know with my cable listing it always shows the date of the episode, season and episode number.  You could do a quick check here so see what we Pounders had to say about it.

Edited by sagittarius sue
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I think the last few seasons, impacted by Covid, are the real picture of Dr. Now's practice, with many failing to get surgery, and even failing to try.    I bet the first few years of success stories were only a few of the patients that started filming, and the failures were dropped from the show.       

There are a lot of bariatric practices that work with larger patients, so only the ones that want to be on TV are going on the show.  My suspicion is that a lot of patients have tried other programs and failed, and Dr. Now is the only one that will still work with them.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think the last few seasons, impacted by Covid, are the real picture of Dr. Now's practice, with many failing to get surgery, and even failing to try.    I bet the first few years of success stories were only a few of the patients that started filming, and the failures were dropped from the show.       

I tend to think that they are now having to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find poundticipants, who are paid (not much) to be on a reality show. I'm never sure that they truly want to do this, and it's gotten so much more exploitive than it was when it began.

• Like 6

Initially Dr. Now was one of the few if not the only US surgeon who had the instruments to work on patients of this size.  That is no longer the case.  So at one time patients either needed insurance that would cover this surgery or they would go on the show for help with payment.  With many more doctors now able to provide this surgery, there is little incentive to be humiliated on national TV, especially given that this means uprooting their lives to move to Houston.  Gastric surgeries have become big business. 

• Like 6