Type keyword(s) to search

The All You Can Eat Buffet: My 600 Pound Life All Episode Discussion

• Start Topic

Regarding Dr. Now's eating plan and the (mostly) unappetizing meals the poundticipants pepare for themselves, Amazon had a buy 2/get third book free sale last weekend. As I was looking through the cookbook section for some new additions to my collection, I noticed several book written specifically for people who've had bariatric surgery. I wonder why Dr. Now doesn't suggest something like this to his patients. I think they might stick to the diet better if they had some help in preparing meals that fit with the plan and also looked/tasted good.

The books aren't expensive. Most were in the $10-$15 price range. Basically, the cost of an unhealthy fast food meal.

Edited by ShoePrincess
  • Love 4

I suspect that some of the Covid patient visits were with Dr. Now in another room, and they were communicating with video hookups, that's why he was 'standing' in the room, poundticipant was talking down, instead of to him.     That protects Dr. Now, and the patients and whoever came with them to the appointment.     

I suspect that's another reason that we see empty waiting rooms.   I think Dr. Now is doing his filming after the regular appointments are done, at least during the time of Covid.    I bet a lot of patients this season will be from Texas, so crews and patients don't have to quarantine when entering the state, or going back home. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama

Has anyone else noticed that all of the people on this show, including Dr. Now, use the word "need" awkwardly? For example, I just watched Melissa M.'s Story, and she ended the show with a rapid fire example of this:

• "Because I'm not going to stop fighting for my life until I make it where I need."
  • "Just because I'm doing it my way, and how I need, doesn't mean I'm going to fail."
  • "I'm not going to stop or give up until I'm living my best life yet and I get to where I need."
  • "No matter what, I'm going to keep moving forward and working on whatever I need."

I've also noticed that they only do it in the voice overs, never in actual live footage of them. Since Dr. Now does this as well, and English isn't his first language, it makes me wonder if this is his tic and he writes the voice overs for them, or at least edits them. There are a lot of common ways people mangle the English language, like starting sentences with the word "me," for example (Me and my friend went shopping). But this misuse of the word need is not common at all - it just seems to be common to this show.

• Love 2
On 2/21/2021 at 5:36 PM, Teri313 said:

Has anyone else noticed that all of the people on this show, including Dr. Now, use the word "need" awkwardly? For example, I just watched Melissa M.'s Story, and she ended the show with a rapid fire example of this:

I wonder how she would write that in a sentence;  it seems like she is just omitting an infinitive after the word next. 

Until I make it where I need to be

how I need to do it

Maybe the language is being gradually shortened?

I recall a few years ago everyone started using the phrase "sooner rather than later" and now most of the time I hear "sooner than later"

Changing the subject to fast food stops on the show.  This is a cute song we do with our theater kids and I think of it sometimes when they do their fast food drive thru scenes.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

After all the disappointments this season, I decided to check out the one true success I can remember from recent seasons - the red-headed Justin with drug addict Mom.  Looks like he is still doing well.  I am rooting for him!

What Happened To Justin McSwain From My 600-Lb Life? (thelist.com)

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Twopper said:

I wonder how she would write that in a sentence;  it seems like she is just omitting an infinitive after the word next. 

Until I make it where I need to be

how I need to do it

Maybe the language is being gradually shortened?

I recall a few years ago everyone started using the phrase "sooner rather than later" and now most of the time I hear "sooner than later"

Yeah, it's just weird to me that this show is the only time I ever hear that phrasing, and it isn't one person, it's just about every one of them, but only in the voice overs, plus Dr. Now. I guess the reason I'm even talking about it is because I wonder how much of what they say is scripted, or at the very least, edited for them.

• Love 1

I happened upon Susan's episode last night.  I had totally forgotten her until I saw her sister.   She lost 153 pounds right off the bat.  They need to show this episode to all those lackluster poundticipants they have been recruiting recently. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I doubt Dr. Now's practice will ever move.   The office is ground level, there's plenty of regular and handicapped parking, the doorways are wide, and the office and exam rooms are arranged correctly for the size of the office staff and patients.   

Someone asked about a poundticipant with tiaras, and other accessories, and I remember that, but not who.   Shannon's not the only one with cat ear tiaras.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1

I realize this is extremely unkind/abusive and I would never do this to anyone putting in a genuine effort, or really anyone who showed any decency at all. 

But for the Steven Assantis and James K's I would be so sorely tempted to dump the cha-neeze, 10 pizzas, fried chicken, and whatever else into a feed bucket and serve it without any silverware. You want to act like an animal and "go to the bathroom" in your bed for your daughter you made leave school to keep your oozing leg pustules clean...fine. Eat like an animal then. You get the plate and silverware when you eat like a human.

I am brand new to this show and fascinated with the enablers whose excuse is pretty much the 800lb tantrum thrown if poundicipants don't get what they want. If your preteen screams at you because he can't drink vodka do you just say oh well, here's a fifth, knock yourself out? 

I just watched the Joyce episode, and I am sure she is insufferable but she "needs" an ambulance and 10 paramedics to move her 50 ft even though, as Dr. now said, she has a walker, a scooter, a wheelchair, and 2 caretakers. Ffs she moved from a chair to a wheelchair and faked a heart attack. All she can do is make noise. So...get earplugs and tell her if she wants more get medical transport to the refrigerator so she can kill herself without your help. I am willing to bet people would miraculously find mobility if their caretakers told them if they wanted to eat crap they had to prepare it themselves. I truly do not understand why this doesn't happen more often (or ever).

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 5
On 2/19/2021 at 2:48 PM, ShoePrincess said:

Regarding Dr. Now's eating plan and the (mostly) unappetizing meals the poundticipants pepare for themselves, Amazon had a buy 2/get third book free sale last weekend. As I was looking through the cookbook section for some new additions to my collection, I noticed several book written specifically for people who've had bariatric surgery. I wonder why Dr. Now doesn't suggest something like this to his patients. I think they might stick to the diet better if they had some help in preparing meals that fit with the plan and also looked/tasted good.

The books aren't expensive. Most were in the $10-$15 price range. Basically, the cost of an unhealthy fast food meal.

I saw that. (i have recently got rid of alot of my cookbooks - just saved the good ones - I can find the recipes online)  and i know someone who had the surgery and then screwed it up and gained.. Not to the point of 600 lbs.    but it was very easy for her to "break through" the small stomach

(edited)

Next weeks new show is Brianne (the one from Oregon? who had the older husband, and the step daughter), and Annjeannette.      I bet like the Maja / Justin, this was filmed right after their original episode, and is old film.    

Spoiler

Brianne is the one who a was dumped by her husband for her friend.   I bet she's one of the never give up people, and still wants him back.   Annjeannette broke up with her girlfriend/fiance, and I'm guessing they got back together.    

Next Thursday is Chrystal's Supersized episode.   So maybe we get more of the elevator attack scene (where she attacked the elevator, not the way she said it was). 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 3
10 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Next Thursday is Chrystal's Supersized episode.   So maybe we get more of the elevator attack scene (where she attacked the elevator, not the way she said it was). 

The elevator of doom in death hotel!!!!!!!!! It is amazing they got out alive!!!!! 

giphy.gif

• LOL 10

I’ve been wondering while watching different episodes, does it look sometimes like Cassandra the nurse is amused by some of the patients, particularly the ones that just fail? She always seems to be smirking.

• Love 1

I bet that considering the insulation and wall construction in most offices, that Cassandra and everyone else hear every shriek out of the patients, and their enablers, and the rest of the entourage.   

Remember when the catfish woman (Ashley T.) yelled at Dr. Now, and stomped out the door?   Then when she came back, every door, and service desk area was closed up tight, except the front door, and the one examination room that Dr. Now was in.   I know Dr. Now probably has a big camera crew with him, but I still wish they had locked the doors, and told that woman to leave and never come back.   

On page 2 of Angie J. 's Journey, the GoFundMe text is listed.   It's hysterical.      She's also one that flunked the drug test Dr. Now ordered for her.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

The horrible Janine's episode is on now. I believe she's the only Poundticipant to ride her motorized scooter to a fast food drive-through to acquire a large quantity of unhealthy forbidden foods. 

• Love 3

Just for "fun" I'm watching Seana. The scene where her mom dropped her off at the airport! 😯 I'd feel more comfortable dropping off my grandson. He's 3....but very smart and can read! 😆

• Love 1
(edited)

Erica from California, who ate through three surgeries, two from Dr. Now, and her boyfriend Jimmy.  Jimmy apparently is in witness protection from her attentions.     She wanted her brother to park the boat that was his livelihood, and move to Houston.   (Her photo with Jimmy is still on her FB page.    Never gives up on a man, does she?   I hope Jimmy is doing well, and is happy, and is left alone).

Does anyone know if they did casting calls for 600 lb. or if they gave up?       

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
1 hour ago, mmecorday said:

I did rewatch Schenee's story yesterday. The scene where Dr. Now confronts her with the empty pizza box is epic!

I think the "Let me ask you a question, Dr. Now" . . . (while sitting on the toilet with her pants down around her ankles) . . . "Do you believe in God?" scene is pretty epic, too.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 5/13/2021 at 10:24 AM, AZChristian said:

I think the "Let me ask you a question, Dr. Now" . . . (while sitting on the toilet with her pants down around her ankles) . . . "Do you believe in God?" scene is pretty epic, too.

It's a classic!  God will catch Schenee if she jumps out a window!  

• LOL 6
On 5/16/2021 at 2:39 AM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

If god can catch Schenee, then he's definitely omnipotent.  That could make me a believer.

• LOL 8
On 5/13/2021 at 12:24 PM, AZChristian said:

On 5/16/2021 at 1:39 AM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

That was a classic scene. I’ll never forget it. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Hi! Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

I was searching and searching and I couldn't find a thread about S9 episode of Ryan. I went to Wikipedia to check the episodes and realized that there wasn't an episode featuring Ryan listed in the entire history of the show. Huh. Apparently it never aired, but it's right there in my D+ (the Finnish version of it). It's listed as the last ep of S9, after Chrystal.

How peculiar! I wonder why it's there but apparently doesn't officially exist?   

Edited by Rosenrot
  • Useful 1

My guess is that since it's the 'last' episode of Season 9, but doesn't show, then it's probably the first of Season 10.   They did that before, with Season 9, the first few episodes were names that I recognized as being announced as part of Season 8, but the episodes weren't finished in time to make the season, so they were the first few of Season 9.       

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Why doesn't the doctor include and send one of those industrial scales to each patient's home sol they can track and control their weight? This would help them to not be shocked and surprised after weeks go by and they weigh in the office and are then disappointed that they haven't lost as much as expected, or heaven help actually gained instead of losing.

On 6/13/2021 at 11:54 PM, SkinnySexyCool said:

Why doesn't the doctor include and send one of those industrial scales to each patient's home sol they can track and control their weight? This would help them to not be shocked and surprised after weeks go by and they weigh in the office and are then disappointed that they haven't lost as much as expected, or heaven help actually gained instead of losing.

I think that's one of the scenes the show is going for.  

• Love 2
7 hours ago, The Mighty Peanut said:

Steven Assanti. $30. Cameo. WHO WOULD DO SUCH A THING VOLUNTARILY? PLEASE EXCUSE MY CAPS, I AM ACTUALLY YELLING IRL.

Screenshot_20210621-131426~2.png

Sadly, it's a place for awful people to make money. Some of the whack pack on Howard Stern's show are on it, and one is making good money. I wouldn't even order a video from someone I liked. 

• Love 1
(edited)
43 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

Sadly, it's a place for awful people to make money. Some of the whack pack on Howard Stern's show are on it, and one is making good money. I wouldn't even order a video from someone I liked. 

That is sad to hear. Usually when I see it there are a few tiktok stars and washed out musicians, and occasionally someone cool pops up. I just can't imagine why someone would want to talk to a man whose proudest moments are clearing out a waiting room with his odor, forcing his nurse to clean up his piss, and calling an ambulance whenever things don't go his way (don't go his way = he can't get drugs and/or pizza). He is truly one of the most disgusting people I have ever had the misfortune of being aware of in my lifetime.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 3

I don't have TLC, but I have Hulu. They currently have seasons 1&2 of My 600 lb. Life. Season 1 has the documentary style episodes where they follow someone for years and don't immediately start with a bathing scene. 

• Love 2