Type keyword(s) to search

The All You Can Eat Buffet: My 600 Pound Life All Episode Discussion

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, ThereButFor said:

They didn’t mention how many eggs, how much cheese, and how many slices of toast (never mind what she put ON the toast).  The skinless chicken might have been smothered in cream sauce or any other calorific addition.  I’m not sure what she did with the orange, if she even ate one.

Maybe it was one of those chocolate oranges. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

Today's line up (May 13th) includes the first Ashley R. episode (left her family, but her husband moved with her), this is the original, not the follow up WATN.

Then 3-5 pm Central, is the Vianey and Allen story, including the flying mattress on the highway.      That reminds me so much of amateur moves after college, and I feel so sorry for them when the mattress takes wing.     I love this episode, because they seemed like potential failures, and were both so successful.   However, this is the one where Vianey has a cardiac arrest, in the OR, but is successfully resuscitated.   Scary moment. 

It looks like tonight's WATN with Charity, Charly, and Teretha is new.   I thought Charity quit, after she moved out of Houston?   Oh, well.  Guess I'll see tonight. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Today's line up (May 13th) includes the first Ashley R. episode (left her family, but her husband moved with her), this is the original, not the follow up WATN.

Then 3-5 pm Central, is the Vianey and Allen story, including the flying mattress on the highway.      That reminds me so much of amateur moves after college, and I feel so sorry for them when the mattress takes wing.     I love this episode, because they seemed like potential failures, and were both so successful.   However, this is the one where Vianey has a cardiac arrest, in the OR, but is successfully resuscitated.   Scary moment. 

It looks like tonight's WATN with Charity, Charly, and Teretha is new.   I thought Charity quit, after she moved out of Houston?   Oh, well.  Guess I'll see tonight. 

Charity is the one with the mega- enormous butt wings, isn’t she?

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, ShoePrincess said:

I think the term "butt wings" may have even originated with her...

• Love 7
(edited)
6 hours ago, ShoePrincess said:

Is   Charity the one who had an obese daughter who also had the surgery and who Dr Now dismissed after skin removal surgery because she was on opiods or some other drug?

These people are blended  together in my brain.  

Edited by Twopper
  • Love 1
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Is   Charity the one who had an obese daughter who also had the surgery and who Dr Now dismissed after skin removal surgery because she was on opiods or some other drug?

These people are blend together in my brain.  

I think so. She definitely has the daughter, and now that you mention it, the opiates sound familiar, too. TV Guide description: "In order to keep pace with her daughter Charly's impressive weight loss, Charity must do something she's never done: find a way to go it alone. Try as she might, Teretha finds one too many obstacles in the way of continuing with Dr. Nowzaradan's program..."

Also wasn't there some almost-incestuous weirdness with the much-younger boyfriend (husband?)?

I remember the name Teretha but I don't remember anything about her story.

There's still no chat thread up yet...

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 1
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Twopper said:
3 hours ago, ShoePrincess said:

These people are blend together in my brain.  

Yes, that's Charity.   She quit the program after Dr. Now said she was an addict, and OD in the hospital.   She's also the one that had the fiance that was not much older than her daughter.    The man that was the father of Charity's daughter (Charly) was the uncle to her fiance.    The three lived together.   Then when Charity quit the program, she went back to where ever they were from, and the fiance dumped her, and took up with her sister.    Then sister was pregnant.     Their family tree is interesting to say the least.      Yes, Charity had huge butt wings.  

I think Teretha is the one that was part of a city program for encouraging healthy eating, and weight control.   Ironic isn't it? 

I know Charity quit the program, so I'm surprised that there is a second WATN about her, the daughter, and Teretha.  

I was wondering where the regular episode thread is, and the Live Chat thread.    They always come through on here, so I'm sure it will suddenly appear by show time.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Yes, that's Charity.   She quit the program after Dr. Now said she was an addict, and OD in the hospital.   She's also the one that had the fiance that was not much older than her daughter.    The man that was the father of Charity's daughter (Charly) was the uncle to her fiance.    The three lived together.   Then when Charity quit the program, she went back to where ever they were from, and the fiance dumped her, and took up with her sister.    Then sister was pregnant.     Their family tree is interesting to say the least.      Yes, Charity had huge butt wings.  

OMG, I totally forgot about the sister! 

It's probably just as well that these people don't stick in my mind too much. 😳

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
(edited)

PrincessPurrsALot to the rescue!     The Live Chat, and regular episode threads appeared about an hour ago.    Thanks!    

I hope there's more information about Charity's sister, and former fiance, now the sister's love muffin.   I really hope Teretha, and Charly did really well.   Charity is not my favorite person, as you can probably guess.   You don't dis Dr. Now, and deny you're an addict when you almost croak in the hospital from your own stash of pills. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, OoogleEyes said:

Charity has no teef and those tiny feet at the end of those humongous legs fascinate me

Things I don't need to think about. I'll add this to the list.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
(edited)

The scheduled "Assanti Brothers" update on the 27th sounds like a rerun of that last update.   It says Justin goes to Texas for surgery, and that's what happened on the last update.   That was the one where the father, and Steven stole Justin's pain pills for Steven after Justin's surgery.    After the update of the brothers was filmed, Steven married some internet personality, and moved to Iowa (I think Iowa).   The woman S.A. married is one of those social media people that post everything.  I think Justin quit the program too. 

The Family by the Ton this Wednesday (May 20) sounds like a continuation of the family Dr. Now worked with a couple of seasons ago.    What a horrible update they turned out to be. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
(edited)

Does anyone know which year sisters Brandy and Candy appear. It’s on now. I guess an old show......Nevermind. I found it. It was from several years ago, but, pretty good.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
(edited)

Brandi and Kandi appeared for the first time in Season 5, which would have been 2015-2016 or so.  , then their WATN was in 2017.

I know my cable guide and Titan TV, both say the Assanti (must be follow up 9 million or so) is new next week, but it sounds like the last WATN, where Justin had surgery,   SInce, they're rerunning Joyce's episode the next week, I bet this week is a rerun of last year's WATN, part 3 or 4 of the Assanti's. 

Spoiler

Steven and Dad stole Justin's pain pills, and Steven quit the program.    He's married since, and lives with some internet 'star' in Iowa.  Then Justin and Dad returned to Rhode Island, after Dad bought Justin another puppy.     My guess was that Justin left Texas before Dr. Now could tell the authorities about the pain pill theft (Justin admitted he told Dr. Now about it).    Since Steven, and haven't been together for several years now, after they both left Houston, then this must be old footage.     I'm not sure I can even watch it, and see Steven's cloven hoof, and pill addiction.   I wonder how his cat Cupcake is doing?   

If I recall correctly (which I wouldn't bet on) there have been a bunch of Steven episodes, the first with the epic trip to Houston in the medical ambulance (the one where his dad had to go get BK bags for Steven).    Then I think it was the second episode with the epic, faked 'fall' out of the golf cart, and where Dr. Now confronted Steven about his awful B.O. problem, and his parade from ER to ER getting massive numbers of prescriptions, and his out of control drug habit.   That was when he went to the hospital drug detox ward, and then to rehab for a hot minute.   That was when Dr. Now invoked the Texas drug abuse program, when Steven could only get prescriptions from Dr. Now, or he would be charged with narcotics abuse.    That's when Steven quit the program. 

Then in the next follow up, Justin and Dad went to Houston, Justin lost enough weight to get surgery, and he stayed in the extended stay hotel with the Dad.     That's when Justin's pain pills (post surgery they get less than 50 pills) went missing, and Dad either knew and ignored it, or swiped the pills for Steven.    That was when Justin (we found out later through a online posting from Justin, that he told Dr. Now) told Dr. Now about the pill theft.    About that time, Steven and Dad walked out of Dr. Now's office (I would say snuck out, but they had a camera crew following them), then Steven left Texas, and Justin went home.    I suspect that Dad, and Steven left Texas quickly for a reason. 

(I'm a retired reference librarian, you wouldn't believe all of weird stuff I either remember, or know how to find).  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 5/21/2020 at 8:09 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Brandi and Kandi appeared for the first time in Season 5, which would have been 2015-2016 or so.  , then their WATN was in 2017.

I know my cable guide and Titan TV, both say the Assanti (must be follow up 9 million or so) is new next week, but it sounds like the last WATN, where Justin had surgery,

Reveal spoiler

Steven and Dad stole Justin's pain pills, and Steven quit the program.    He's married since, and lives with some internet 'star' in Iowa.  Then Justin and Dad returned to Rhode Island, after Dad bought Justin another puppy.     My guess was that Justin left Texas before Dr. Now could tell the authorities about the pain pill theft (Justin admitted he told Dr. Now about it).    Since Steven, and haven't been together for several years now, after they both left Houston, then this must be old footage.     I'm not sure I can even watch it, and see Steven's cloven hoof, and pill addiction.   I wonder how his cat Cupcake is doing? 

If I recall correctly (which I wouldn't bet on) there have been a bunch of Steven episodes, the first with the epic trip to Houston in the medical ambulance (the one where his dad had to go get BK bags for Steven).    Then I think it was the second episode with the epic, faked 'fall' out of the golf cart, and where Dr. Now confronted Steven about his awful B.O. problem, and his parade from ER to ER getting massive numbers of prescriptions, and his out of control drug habit.   That was when he went to the hospital drug detox ward, and then to rehab for a hot minute.   That was when Dr. Now invoked the Texas drug abuse program, when Steven could only get prescriptions from Dr. Now, or he would be charged with narcotics abuse.    That's when Steven quit the program.     Then in the next follow up, Justin and Dad went to Houston, Justin lost enough weight to get surgery, and he stayed in the extended stay hotel with the Dad.     That's when Justin's pain pills (post surgery they get less than 50 pills) went missing, and Dad either knew and ignored it, or swiped the pills for Steven.    That was when Justin (we found out later through a online posting from Justin, that he told Dr. Now) told Dr. Now about the pill theft.    About that time, Steven and Dad walked out of Dr. Now's office (I would say snuck out, but they had a camera crew following them), then Steven left Texas, and Justin went home.   

Wow @CrazyInAlabama thanks for all of that info from the Assante Saga. I had almost forgotten about how the scumbag dad and his equally scumbag son Steven stole Justin's pain pills. How in the world a father could justify doing this is beyond me.

The TLC producers, yet another bunch of talent-free scumbags--do we detect a trend here?--have been really scraping the bottom of the barrel this season with all of these disappointing WATN episodes.

I would vow to not watch this coming Wednesday but probably will just to hang out with all of my Pounder Pals!😊

BTW, I hope that you didn't scorch or lose too many brain cells retaining this information!😁

• Love 2

I understand that the sudden cessation of filming in mid March has thrown this season into a cesspool of unwatchable episodes, with one new episode in limbo.

TLC and production would have been much wiser to simply rerun two of the ancient one hour episodes back to back with a BSOJ update at the end of each hour.  

Did James finally get laid????

• Love 1
11 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

TLC and production would have been much wiser to simply rerun two of the ancient one hour episodes back to back with a BSOJ update at the end of each hour.  

Ah, the BSOJ. How fondly I remember thee!

• LOL 2

Assanti brothers tonight.  Dumb & Dumber.  Unfortunately The Goldbergs season already ended so I can't watch that.  Just hoping there is a classic Islanders game on SNY so my fingers don't find the need to flip to TLC.  But I probably will anyhow.  I need the laughs from the live chat and also have this bizarre need to see how much further the Assantis (and their bat-crap crazy father) have fallen to date.

• Love 1

Couldn’t be bothered to watch an update on one ton family since I’ve never sat through their episodes. But yet another Assante ep? Oh TLC I think you’ve broken me at last 

I swore last week I was done with this show. I really don't want to see the Assanti brothers ever again. But I kinda want one last chance to hang out with the extremely awesome live chatters. And there is absolutely nothing worth watching on television tonight, unlike most Wednesdays when I'm recording at least three shows. Decisions, decisions....

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

I've watched the teaser for this season a few times, and I feel like an awful lot of the people featured in it never made it into this season.

Am I (just) crazy?

I suspect that some on the previews weren't finished episodes, because the virus interfered.   From what I read, the production company left cameras, and easy to use equipment for recording voiceovers, and that didn't work out.    At least the first two WATN this season (Charity, and Dottie, and the Pauline episode) were supposed to air last summer, but didn't.  If thins show comes back (which I really doubt), then there are a lot of almost finished episodes that just need a little work to finish. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
On 5/27/2020 at 3:14 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I suspect that some on the previews weren't finished episodes, because the virus interfered.   From what I read, the production company left cameras, and easy to use equipment for recording voiceovers, and that didn't work out.    At least the first two WATN this season (Charity, and Dottie, and the Pauline episode) were supposed to air last summer, but didn't.  If thins show comes back (which I really doubt), then there are a lot of almost finished episodes that just need a little work to finish. 

This show will be back because there are lost episodes "😁" that will cost almost nothing to finish, as well as random WATN episodes waiting to be finished and shown.

By TLC numbers, this show is getting decent ratings and costs little to produce.  Whether there are new patients beyond next season???

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Tomorrow night's rerun is Joyce, so everyone can try to guess what the hell is hanging off of her hoo haw area.    That's the one where her Mother, and caretaker are both stoned through the entire episode. 

Ah, “Medical Transport” Jabba-Joyce and her fake heart attack!  Might have to watch this train wreck again.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

So tonight I  watched a story about Rick Kirkham  the guy who filmed Joe Exotic a few years ago, and I wasn't quite ready to go to bed so I surfed thru a bunch of channels and finally ended up watching S8 ep  1 of Catfish with Ashley T.    It was about half over before I realized that was who it was.     Between seeing her on that show and seeing a few scenes of Joe Exotic I fear I will have nightmares all night.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I forgot about the fake heart attack, that will make this must watch TV.    Also, is she the one that the usual walk in the park is her staggering out to the apartment patio with her mother, and caretaker applauding?  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I forgot about the fake heart attack, that will make this must watch TV.    Also, is she the one that the usual walk in the park is her staggering out to the apartment patio with her mother, and caretaker applauding?  

That's her!  She got over the threshold to the patio and that was her big "accomplishment".

• LOL 4
8 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Well thanks to you @CrazyInAlabama I'm watching this useless, whiney blob of a woman AGAIN and accompanying it with the original Live Chat!😁 I had forgotten about her friend Dawn who, for reasons that no one can fathom, is dedicating her life to taking care of this mountain of a woman. Seven or eight guys to move her onto the hospital bed with a scale and it's a whopping 758 pounds. Yet another massive failure this season.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I'm guessing "massive" was a pun?   If so, I love it.   I have Moby Dick jokes running through my head.

I love how the poundticipants get the best of hospital care, lose a lot of weight in a month or so, and whine about the food not being enough, or tasty.  

• LOL 3
8 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm guessing "massive" was a pun?   If so, I love it.   I have Moby Dick jokes running through my head.

I love how the poundticipants get the best of hospital care, lose a lot of weight in a month or so, and whine about the food not being enough, or tasty.  

Tee hee, I'd love to hear your Moby Dick jokes about this one. If she was making an honest effort, I wouldn't say something like that but she's not. I had forgotten that she was an oxygen hog and kept fighting Dr. Now to keep using it; wasn't Penny like that? Anyway, also forgot that she's only 4'11". She lost an astounding 205 pounds the first couple of months at Dr. Now's clinic and I honestly can't see that much of a difference.

Gotta go, she just had her strenuous "workout" walk of 40 feet around her living room with her physical therapist and video chatting with Dr. Now since he refused to send a medical transport for her. She's also trying to convince Dr. Now that 1200 calories a day is too much food for her to lose weight.😅

I'll take any additional comments to her original topic.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Hey now, she lifted her ham hocks 1/2" to get over that threshold.

winning the big bang theory GIF

OMG yayusssssss @PrincessPurrsALot! Did you get waves of nausea as both Dawn and Joyce's mom fawned over her amazing achievement? Ugh. Re-watching this episode I realized that I had forgotten that all three of them agreed that it was a good idea to quit Dr. Now. Were they all high!?

• LOL 4
(edited)

Yes, it was agreed the last time that Mommy, Dawn, and Joyce are under the influence through out the entire episode.  I bet a big part of Dawn's discussion of being in so much pain, was to get more drugs from Dr. Now, and who knows how many other doctors. 

Did anyone catch the Lindsey rerun after Joyce's episode last night?   I'm shocked no one is selling "Eat Death, Lindsey!" tshirts yet. 

(I'll move the Moby Dick posting to Small Talk)

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

Did anyone catch the Lindsey rerun after Joyce's episode last night?   I'm shocked no one is selling "Eat Death, Lindsey!" tshirts yet. 

I did. I am just fascinated by the way she says tenderloins. "Ooh, they got tennaloins!" And I've never had breakfast from a gas station. Is this something I'm missing out on?

• LOL 3
(edited)

Chuck was on DLIF today.  Surgery, skin surgery removing that ghastly thing growing on his leg, happy tie wearing younger Dr. Now, 400 pounds of weight loss in ONE year and ONE hour.  Yet, Chuck forever will still be a douche.

Those were the days.  😁

I forgot to add that Dr Now said to Chuck that 5 years later would be real proof of success.  The final weight loss of these early patients would be interesting.

Edited by fonfereksglen
😎😉🤔😬
  • Love 4

Last post for a bit.....certainly someone more clever than me can nominate the snack food pelting scene where Lindsey is told to eat death to win greatest potato chip moment ever!  Eat death has become our humorous  equivalent of fu!

• LOL 3

I've got my new favorite, Jeanne, all set on my DVR, so I'll need all my Lysol spray and wipes for this one.
I'd love to see them (but I'm sure their lawyers wouldn't),do some quarantine shows on road trips, with motel stays (collapsing beds), and the night in motel lot for a reason I can't remember.

• LOL 1
(edited)

I may skip this Wednesday's reruns.   7 to 9 p.m Central is Rena & Lee's first show, followed by the 9-11 p.m. Rena & Lee & Sarah.   Interesting starcasm . net update on Schenee.   

Spoiler

She claims she's back with Freddie, and she' five months pregnant (putting her about 500 lbs still), and lost 300 lbs. from her high of 800 or more.    She also claims she can wipe her own rear end too.   

https://starcasm.net/schenee-murry-pregnant-my-600-lb-life-update/

I'm not believing her any more about anything.   I had to laugh at the article from Starcasm saying she wasn't doing a WATN, since Dr. Now fired her, and she was talking lawsuit.    

However, her last update said Freddie was gone with some other woman, moved to Alabama, and claimed she was pregnant then, and the doctors would do a C-section when she hit 11 months. 

I was so happy when I heard Rena dumped Lee, and then was so unhappy when she went back to him.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 6/26/2020 at 9:17 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I may skip this Wednesday's reruns.   7 to 9 p.m Central is Rena & Lee's first show, followed by the 9-11 p.m. Rena & Lee & Sarah.   Interesting starcasm . net update on Schenee.   

I have mixed feelings on watching Rena and Lee again. 

• Love 1

It looks like we can do a 6 hour marathon. They have the original Sarah, and Lee/Rena episodes. Then the update. Yeah, thanks but no thanks. The following week is the same kind of setup. Tami and Karina, then their update. But at least with that we get to see Gilbert! 😝

• LOL 2

I don't know if this is the right place, but I'll give it a go. Over the past few months, I've realized I hardly use my TV. Almost everything I want to watch, including the news and QVC, is online. I'd like to drop my cable, but would really miss not talking to you guys in real time while watching Dr Now. Is there a service I can use that will do this? I buy episodes sometimes, but I'm pretty sure they're only available after the show has aired.  Thanks for any help. I hope everyone is making it through these rough months.

• Love 2
On 6/30/2020 at 11:17 AM, JunkFoodTV said:

It looks like we can do a 6 hour marathon. They have the original Sarah, and Lee/Rena episodes. Then the update. Yeah, thanks but no thanks. The following week is the same kind of setup. Tami and Karina, then their update. But at least with that we get to see Gilbert! 😝

"Get" to see Gilbert? Like his sparkling personality is quite a treat? 🙂

• LOL 3