Type keyword(s) to search

The All You Can Eat Buffet: My 600 Pound Life All Episode Discussion

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

Watching the Renee (of ow ma laig! fame)episode. What strikes me is how thin her children are. 

Her poor son "Damn, Mama! Quit trippin'!"

Sorry,  didn't mean to quote myself. Fat fingers! Appropriate for this forum

Edited by OoogleEyes
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

The Marla episode from 2015 was just repeated.  I liked her the first time because at the end when Dr. Now made a house call she finally stood up for the first time in years (with a lot of help).  I get that she was scared to death because of the pain.  I'd be like "no, I do not want to chomp down on another rock."  She did it!  And her face brightened up in such a wonderful way.

Since her episode saw some later photos of her, and she kept losing so a success.  Good for her!

As an aside, wish TLC would go back to one hour episodes -- the two hours become a snooze.  

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Otter said:

The Marla episode from 2015 was just repeated.  I liked her the first time because at the end when Dr. Now made a house call she finally stood up for the first time in years (with a lot of help).  I get that she was scared to death because of the pain.  I'd be like "no, I do not want to chomp down on another rock."  She did it!  And her face brightened up in such a wonderful way.

Since her episode saw some later photos of her, and she kept losing so a success.  Good for her!

As an aside, wish TLC would go back to one hour episodes -- the two hours become a snooze.  

The two hours are fun for live chat.  But boring after the fact.  The one hour episodes are the rerun episodes I watch.   I do find it amazing that with the bypass rather than the sleeve,  the three hundred plus weight losses we saw in a year, including initial skin surgery.   

• Love 3

Yes, I find them boring after the fact, I have only muscled through a couple of the "extended edition" episodes when the characters were especially interesting (Justin as the positive one or Maja as the terrible one).  I think I got into this show mainly because of all of you guys.

• Love 2

That's worth watching just for the "Do you believe in God" phone call to Dr. Now while she's sitting on her potty chair, with her pants down.  

I remembered this was on this afternoon, and caught the last half hour.   The scene where she's gaining weight in the hospital, and Dr. Now finds the huge pizza box was hysterical.    Then when she's yelling at Dr. Now with her pants down is so funny.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

I want me some more James K and the crazy woman.  (Cue the narrator from Deadly Women.)

I doubt we'll see any more of him but never read that he's been kicked out.  Regardless, TLC should had a week-long special if only to see if he trained his body not to eat any more cheeseburgers.  Or at the minimum if he can remove the wrapper.

• LOL 6
35 minutes ago, auntjess said:

If Lisa is trying to feed him to death, she's not very good at it.

She's learning!  Even Dr. Now said as much.  Death by cheeseburgers still in the wrappers.  Diabolical!

• Love 3
20 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I would think that Adult protective services would be looking into a man with inadequate clothing.

I think if he was skin and bones, locked into a basement with others like him, and his caregiver was driving around in a Cadillac SUV, APS might be involved.  As he looked for this show, they'd look at him and decide that if he was able to eat himself to almost 900 pounds, the only person he'd need protection from would be himself.  And it's not against the law to eat yourself to death.

• Love 3

I was so happy to see Maja again this afternoon!  There's always something new like when she admitted to Lola (the worst counselor ever) that she can sometimes be verbally abusive.  SOMETIMES?  I think her mother paid Crrrishahn to stay with her and pretend to be her boyfriend.  

And that phone scene at the doc's office never gets old.  

I do not wish her well and may God forgive me.  

Edited by Otter
  • Love 10

I watched the Holly episode tonight and still found it unnerving that she stuck her tongue out like a lizard every time she took a bite. And now I want loaded curly fries from Arby's. So I'm watching that gross toe show so I won't be tempted to grab a midnight snack.

• LOL 3
4 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

I watched the Holly episode tonight and still found it unnerving that she stuck her tongue out like a lizard every time she took a bite. And now I want loaded curly fries from Arby's. So I'm watching that gross toe show so I won't be tempted to grab a midnight snack.

Heh. I DVR M600PL (and almost everything else  that isn't  a sports  event) and  I've  discovered that  watching it  before and  during my  evening  meal is an  EXCELLENT  appetite  suppressant. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Otter said:

And that phone scene at the doc's office never gets old.  

I watched this yesterday, too, and this is correct! "Mooooooom! Moooooom!!" I couldn't stop laughing at this so-called adult's temper tantrum. 

On 1/22/2020 at 12:58 AM, auntjess said:

I see Schenee's episode is scheduled for this Friday. 1/24, at 2pm ET.

Thank you.  Since I try to keep up with every comment  during live chat as well as trying to follow the episode,  I miss a lot.   

The part that struck me was after the consult with Dr. Lola.  On camera, Dr. Lola was allowed to give an extended clinical analysis that was possibly Dr. Lola's finest moment.  She perfectly diagnosed Schenee as well as explained to Schenee why Dr. Now spoke to her as he did.  

That said, I would be interested in learning more about the dynamic between Schenee and her morbidly obese mother.  And where Schenee learned to be so verbally abusive and dismissive of others.

• Love 2

I DVR the Supersized episodes (now on Fridays, at 9 p.m. Central) just for the bonus scenes.    The bonus scenes for the not likable people have been the drive thru scenes after two hours of travel, and shows how unpleasant some of these people are, and shows how abusive they are to their enablers.    After seeing JT's trip to Houston, I can see why the girlfriend left him, and went home.    

Bethany, and Lindsey's bonus scenes were the same deal.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
On 1/23/2020 at 7:29 PM, Otter said:

I was so happy to see Maja again this afternoon!  There's always something new like when she admitted to Lola (the worst counselor ever) that she can sometimes be verbally abusive.  SOMETIMES?  I think her mother paid Crrrishahn to stay with her and pretend to be her boyfriend.  

I looked at the discussion for her show, and I'm looking forward to re-watching it this evening.

I've been missing the road trips in the past season, collapsing hotel beds and undersized rental cars, to say nothing of the one who had to sleep in the van in the parking lot.

• Love 2

The Bonus Scenes in the last few episodes (on the Friday Supersized episodes) have shown the repeated drive thru meals of the Poundticipants, and note that they do very little driving between the drive thrus, and stopping for the day after two or three hours amazes me.        

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1

After 7 (now starting the 8th) season a rabbit trail sort of question.  

So I'm now watching Tiffany's episode.  She weighs in at 672 pounds and no lymphedema.   Dr. Now explained why those things form so wonder why Tiffany doesn't have one.  And others.

Luck of the draw?  It's odd.

1 hour ago, Otter said:

So I'm now watching Tiffany's episode.  She weighs in at 672 pounds and no lymphedema.   Dr. Now explained why those things form so wonder why Tiffany doesn't have one.  And others.

Perhaps  like Tiffany claimed,  they only eat grapes and yogurt?  😁

• LOL 5
5 hours ago, Otter said:

I know what you mean, doesn't seem fair.
It was hard to believe that Gina doesn't have an awful skin infection, from not bathing.

• Love 2

I wonder how many other show participants have lied also? 

However, any poundticipant who thinks their past bad acts are going to stay hidden, are really deluded.   Once something is on the internet, or published somewhere, then it's going to come to light. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 1/23/2020 at 10:19 PM, sagittarius sue said:

Recently I re-watched the James K episodes, and it is truly amazing that he's still alive.  He must be way over 800#, and he's been flat on his back for over 6 years!

***** Me as I bow down to @sagittarius sue for having the strength to re-watch any reruns of James K and and his precious darling Lisa *****

309773979_Were_not_worthy.gif.1f171dd830b3fb784525d0eb6d94e158.gif

I cannot bring myself to watch that travesty of a human being ever again. Also, like you, I am astonished that he still lives since IIRC he's almost 50 years old! And you're right, he's gotta be over 800 pounds by now especially at the rate our dear Lisa was feeding him on his WATN episode in her obviously vain attempt to legally bump him off. Every time I think about his poor dad taking out a mortgage--was it his home or his farm?--to finance James' trip to Houston and how that asshole and Lisa squandered it, I want to throw up.

• Love 7

After reading some posts in the Travis's thread (a success) and Gina's thread (a dismal failure) I started thinking - how many of our poundticipants come from families where everyone or just about everyone is obese vs. families where most people are normal weight or at least no worse than the typical American overweight-ness (since nearly 3 in 4 adults are overweight in this country)?  And whether there is a correlation between their success and the weight of their families?  I think it would be easier to succeed if you are an outlier obese in a normal family vs. come from a family where everyone is over 300lb... but it's just a gut feeling, it would be nice to have some evidence.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 2/8/2020 at 12:30 AM, DC Gal in VA said:

***** Me as I bow down to @sagittarius sue for having the strength to re-watch any reruns of James K and and his precious darling Lisa *****

309773979_Were_not_worthy.gif.1f171dd830b3fb784525d0eb6d94e158.gif

I cannot bring myself to watch that travesty of a human being ever again. Also, like you, I am astonished that he still lives since IIRC he's almost 50 years old! And you're right, he's gotta be over 800 pounds by now especially at the rate our dear Lisa was feeding him on his WATN episode in her obviously vain attempt to legally bump him off. Every time I think about his poor dad taking out a mortgage--was it his home or his farm?--to finance James' trip to Houston and how that asshole and Lisa squandered it, I want to throw up.

Thank you, thank you for such high praise!  I even watched Angie J again.  I guess it's due to frustration with the political world, sport teams that never make to the top that I turn my scorn on these nasty individuals.  However, I draw the line on the Assantis.  I never want to see that family again!

Edited by sagittarius sue
I just can't seem to spell Assanti correctly.
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, Hellga said:

After reading some posts in the Travis's thread (a success) and Gina's thread (a dismal failure) I started thinking - how many of our poundticipants come from families where everyone or just about everyone is obese vs. families where most people are normal weight or at least no worse than the typical American overweight-ness (since nearly 3 in 4 adults are overweight in this country)?  And whether there is a correlation between their success and the weight of their families?  I think it would be easier to succeed if you are an outlier obese in a normal family vs. come from a family where everyone is over 300lb... but it's just a gut feeling, it would be nice to have some evidence.

Before this season began, I thought I saw something about having more of a family approach to weight loss with poundticipants, but I haven't seen it yet.

• Useful 1

I was the only really large person in my family. My mom was 225 at her heaviest. My brothers were all normal size, maybe adding a bit of a beer belly in middle age. My mom was an emotional eater, but she got full. I never seemed to. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Garbage human, oxygen addict, likely pain-pill addict, and mangler of the English language Angela from last season is jumping on the "everyone should sue TLC" bandwagon. (Refresher: she's the one who only saw Dr Now once and decided she could do it "her own way." and never went back to Houston from her home in Ohio again.) 

I had forgotten how much I hated her.

I bet TLC's attorneys are so happy.   Think of the extra charges they'll reap from fighting people's law suits that signed a long waiver of liability.     Angie can stuff it if she thinks she's getting another show, or that she'll see a penny.   Her attorney fees will be epic. 

They're rerunning Angela's dumpster fire of an episode.    I love how everyone disappears on her.    I'm up to the part where she tells Dr. Now how much weight she lost at home.   Her ER visit is equally hysterical.    I bet you that they weigh her at the ER, and that's why she decided she couldn't go to Houston.   

Here's the link to the latest ones to sign on to the lawsuit, Gina and Maja.    https://starcasm.net/gina-krasley-update/

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

LB's suicide, as are all suicides so tragic and leaves families in such a terrible place with guilt.  TLC or Meglomania (or whatever the production company is called) is not to blame.  No one is to blame.  I found him an inspiration and the news broke my heart.  But in his own words he said his demons were too hard to face.  

Rather crass, and that's being charitable, of Angela to exploit his tragedy for her own gain or attention.  Shame on that website for even giving her the time of day.  But that's Angela.  Such a pleasant person.  

• Love 12
38 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Life is a journey.  Some days are longer.  Some days are shorter.

600 lb wisdom from Tracey, the woman with the unfortunate giant legs.

I just saw part of that.  I would love a follow up for her.   Not one that is 2 hours--maybe 20 minutes or so.  I wonder if she ever got more surgery on her legs.   She was another person who used her leg as a table like someone earlier this season did.  Was that Travis?

• Love 1

Now a repeat of Kirsten and until I saw Neiko she just seemed another self absorbed mess.  I forgot how much I detested her -- good Lord he's just a kid and she and her mom are trying to turn him into another Dilly.  

If anyone should sue TLC and production company it's the kids for encouraging their serfdom.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 2/18/2020 at 10:44 AM, Giant Misfit said:

Garbage human, oxygen addict, likely pain-pill addict, and mangler of the English language Angela from last season is jumping on the "everyone should sue TLC" bandwagon. (Refresher: she's the one who only saw Dr Now once and decided she could do it "her own way." and never went back to Houston from her home in Ohio again.) 

I had forgotten how much I hated her.

On 2/18/2020 at 12:17 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I bet TLC's attorneys are so happy.   Think of the extra charges they'll reap from fighting people's law suits that signed a long waiver of liability.     Angie can stuff it if she thinks she's getting another show, or that she'll see a penny.   Her attorney fees will be epic. 

They're rerunning Angela's dumpster fire of an episode.    I love how everyone disappears on her.    I'm up to the part where she tells Dr. Now how much weight she lost at home.   Her ER visit is equally hysterical.    I bet you that they weigh her at the ER, and that's why she decided she couldn't go to Houston.   

Here's the link to the latest ones to sign on to the lawsuit, Gina and Maja.    https://starcasm.net/gina-krasley-update/

I read both articles. So @Giant Misfit and @CrazyInAlabama essentially those two human maggots Gina and Maja are suing that company for not protecting them from themselves among other ridiculousness like TLC producers "making" them overeat on camera to make them fail/look bad? Can anyone believe for two seconds that either of those two heifers would need to be forced to shovel thousands of calories in their maws? I hope that they both lose their lawsuits and have to pay the court costs and legal fees for TLC.

As for L.B. Bonner's family, shame on them trying to get rich off of his tragic passing.

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Typo.
  • Love 2
On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 2:55 PM, auntjess said:

I was really looking forward to joining live chats, when I got a laptop, but it's a lot better with the mouse than with the keyboard.

Oh yes.  My tabby Amber jumped on the laptop during live chat and bent the "n" key, messed up the shift and flicked off the "esp" key. She's jealous of my attention, plus it makes musical noise when she walks on the keys.  It's hard enough to operate this thing when I need glasses just to see tv clearly.  I did get a mouse from Office Depot for $12. 

• LOL 1
On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 6:48 PM, Hellga said:

I've noticed this too.  It does seem that Dr. Now calls out family members about their own weight issues more often, like with Michael, Shantel's husband, but still...

I cringe when I watch a poundticipant try to weigh and measure and cook their "special" diet food when the rest of the family is huge.

I remember an early episode featuring a 23 year old young woman in Mississippi (?) who was bed-bound.  Her mom, who presented herself as the driver and caretaker for her daughter with the problem, was thicker from the side than the front, like she was wearing an inflatable flotation device under her t-shirt. It made me queasy with concern.  Like the only one who needed a diet was her daughter.

No one ever called her on the fact that she was dangerously obese too.

It seems that the goals have been lowered from the pouticipant achieving their goal weight, being healthy, and wearing cute clothes,  to getting to 400lbs, or in the 300's and being happy that they can now fit in the car, or the shower, can walk and cook standing up, and that's ok, that's enough.  No, it's not.

• Love 4