Type keyword(s) to search

The All You Can Eat Buffet: My 600 Pound Life All Episode Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

I never liked Joe, but I disliked Sarah just as much.   She latched onto some virtual stranger, introduced him to her daughter, was engaged and living with him shortly after. Then they wanted a fancy wedding, but were still sponging off of Sarah's mother, and they could have used that money to get a place of their own once Joe got a job.   

Joe knew who he was marrying, and expecting someone to change isn't going to happen with most people.    Then his little passive aggressive posting that even I can figure out, isn't good.    Just move on.    Sarah also should have seen that the man who dumped his mother for her, would someday dump her too. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Kid said:

Is there a live chat tonight for the Pauline update??

Tonight is another Milla update.  Pauline is next Wed.  At least that's what my tv schedule shows

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Tonight is another Milla update.  Pauline is next Wed.  At least that's what my tv schedule shows

As of Thursday, The TLC app had the Pauline episode up as an early Premier which is why I thought it was on tonight. I am so confused!!😁

• Love 1
4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I never liked Joe, but I disliked Sarah just as much. She latched onto some virtual stranger, introduced him to her daughter, was engaged and living with him shortly after. Then they wanted a fancy wedding, but were still sponging off of Sarah's mother, and they could have used that money to get a place of their own once Joe got a job.   

Joe knew who he was marrying, and expecting someone to change isn't going to happen with most people. Then his little passive aggressive posting that even I can figure out, isn't good. Just move on. Sarah also should have seen that the man who dumped his mother for her, would someday dump her too. 

I admit that I can't figure it out, and don't know why Joe's post is considered passive-aggressive. I figured Sarah must have had an affair which Joe found out about, and for whatever their reasons, they couldn't put it behind them and continue with the marriage. If the marriage is ending due to infidelity, I would not consider that as 'dumping' -- but who knows what actually happened.

10 hours ago, Kid said:

As of Thursday, The TLC app had the Pauline episode up as an early Premier which is why I thought it was on tonight. I am so confused!!😁

That early online preview of the WATN episode for June, Chad, and Pauline has been posted for several weeks now, but it wasn't supposed to be broadcast until July. I had thought it would be a bit later in the month, but it's now scheduled for next Wednesday July 3. The schedule for the following Wednesday July 10 is not yet posted, so don't know as yet if there will be additional new WATN episodes this season.

Personally, I hope for a couple more follow-ups before the season ends. Would be interested in a second WATN on Nikki Webster, to include her wedding, and first follow-ups on the One Ton Family, Benji & David, Tamy Lynn, and Tracey. We'll know soon.

• Love 3
(edited)

This is odd. TLC has posted their full schedule for every day next week except for all of Wednesday July 10 and for 00:00 through 04:00 of Thursday July 11. For Wednesday July 10 it keeps saying "Schedule data is not yet available" and entries for those early hours on Thursday July 11 are just missing.

It's as though they can't decide whether or not they're going to air a new WATN episode next week, or if this week is going to be the last of the season. Well, I thought there were going to be at least eight WATN episodes, so there should be one more, but then this week's episode with Chad, June, and Pauline was supposed to be #8, so maybe there will only be seven after all. Sigh. I hope this is not the last week. . . .

Edited by ProTourist
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, ProTourist said:

This is odd. TLC has posted their full schedule for every day next week except for all of Wednesday July 10 and for 00:00 through 04:00 of Thursday July 11. For Wednesday July 10 it keeps saying "Schedule data is not yet available" and entries for those early hours on Thursday July 11 are just missing.

It's as though they can't decide whether or not they're going to air a new WATN episode next week, or if this week is going to be the last of the season. Well, I thought there were going to be at least eight WATN episodes, so there should be one more, but then this week's episode with Chad, June, and Pauline was supposed to be #8, so maybe there will only be seven after all. Sigh. I hope this is not the last week. . . .

Que sera, sera.

On 6/1/2019 at 6:44 AM, lu1535 said:

I can't help but wonder what these people do all day. I am a homemaker with a full day of crafting, chores, dog care, hobbies and errands. I keep myself busy but I don't think I have ever seen one of these people knitting, working a puzzle or reading. Do they just sit there in bed all day? Please tell me I'm wrong.

The blank stares that some of these people have while looking at the four walls for hours on end is the same expression I have when trying to comprehend changes in tax laws.

• LOL 11
On 7/1/2019 at 11:16 AM, ProTourist said:

Well, the missing schedule info is now posted. Tonight is the last new episode. There will be only seven WATN episodes, not eight. And according to the posted schedules, there will be no supersized episodes for Milla or for tonight's new episode.

Next Wednesday evening July 10 at 8pm, TLC has scheduled their '90 day fiancé' series.

So tonight will be our last live chat until next year.

giphy.gif

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ProTourist said:

So tonight will be our last live chat until next year.

Let's hope it's a good one, then, and have a great time in chat even if it's not!

• Love 1

Copied over from the 'June, Chad, and Pauline' WATN thread:

8 hours ago, Ben.w said:

Wow, so is it really the end of the season? In general, I thought it was pretty good. Started off a bit slow, but after the trainwrecks started coming out of the woodwork, it picked up and there was a nice range of fails to "being on track" to successes for the WaTN episodes. I know I said I did't want to see the Assanti brothers again, but maybe we can have a proper follow up of Justin for next season? The ones we got last year and this year weren't proper follow ups, they were just one long episode on four parts.... anyway, what did you all think of the season? 

Btw, how do they film the WaTN episodes? Do they wait and come back or is there a splinter camera crew that continues to follow these participants after they're done with the main episode content? For some of these peeps, it's been four years... can you imagine having your life documented for that long? (yes I know the first season followed those people for seven years)... it's just a really long time. 

Yes, I'm still bummed that the season is over. We had twenty new episodes, which was a lot, but only seven WATN. I had been sure there would be at minimum eight episodes because Milla was #6 and June, Chad, and Pauline was #8, so it seems like we missed out on episode #7. Plus, some poundticipants from last season said on FB they were supposed to have an update aired this year, so I think the WATN season was originally going to be longer, but that TLC decided to shorten it for some reason, and to reschedule for next year some episodes that could probably have aired this year. Ah, well. 😢

I liked this season a lot, overall -- including the heart-breakers (Kelly, Sean, who died two days apart), the inspirations (Justin M., Aaron, Milla), and the weirdos and screw-ups (Angie J, Maja, Jeanne). What I didn't like were the ones who took almost the whole year to finally get with the program (Tiffany, Annjeannette, Lacey) and finally had WLS at the end of the year. That last bunch was less interesting, mostly lies and excuses until they finally got their acts together and then the episode ends.

Regarding filming of the WATN episodes, I'm not sure how it's done. But I imagine that if someone has done well enough during the initial year and that both sides want to continue for a second year, that they just keep on doing what they were doing for that first year. It may get more complicated for a third year and beyond, especially if the poundticipants move away from Houston, such as to go back home, get married, have a child, etc.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I'm still mad about how they left Dottie's WATN at the end of last season: Her, in obvious pain and despair, attempting to recover from skin surgery in a lonely hotel room. And, scene. What the ever-loving F. I thought they would come back to her this season, but I guess that's expecting too much from this amateur clown show. 

11 minutes ago, dahling said:

I'm still mad about how they left Dottie's WATN at the end of last season: Her, in obvious pain and despair, attempting to recover from skin surgery in a lonely hotel room. And, scene. What the ever-loving F. I thought they would come back to her this season, but I guess that's expecting too much from this amateur clown show. 

Hmmm, but that's not how Dottie was left last season. Dr. Now admitted her to hospital, because while she was in the hotel she messed up -- she smoked cigarettes, gained weight, and did not keep her sutures clean and so they got infected (and were opening up too due to her weight gain) -- and lied to him about it all. Dr. Now was angry with Dottie, understandably, and wasn't going to schedule her for any further skin surgeries for the foreseeable future.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

A thought on why there seems to be a missing WATN.... LB Bonner was supposedly in the midst of filming his when he committed suicide. Perhaps it was slotted to be shown this year and either TLC showed decency in opting not to broadcast it (🙄) or the family said no or they didn’t have enough footage?

• Useful 4
4 hours ago, Wanda said:

A thought on why there seems to be a missing WATN.... LB Bonner was supposedly in the midst of filming his when he committed suicide. Perhaps it was slotted to be shown this year and either TLC showed decency in opting not to broadcast it (🙄) or the family said no or they didn’t have enough footage?

LB Bonner died almost a year ago, so they couldn't have filmed much after his first year. Supposedly other updates were ready to go, such as for Tamy Lyn, but TLC did not broadcast them this year. No idea why, but they seemed to decide in the last minute to stop after seven WATN episodes, as evidenced by how long they delayed in posting the schedule for July 10.

• Useful 1
(edited)

I have just heard a patient talk about her "<disease> journey" today and this is probably the first time I have heard a real patient use the "journey" language.  Or at least it is the first time I noticed.  I was instantly reminded about this show!  I wish I asked if she is watching it but it didn't seem appropriate at the time. 

Edited by Hellga
  • LOL 3

Starcasm (I know it's not a good site) popped up on my news update, and they interviewed Cynthia (from Oklahoma).   I think she's the one that had adopted her cousin's three kids, and had two of her own, and was a teacher.      Anyway, she's another one who said she would lose weight her own way, and dropped Dr. Now, and now she's calling herself a weight loss failure.   I didn't have the heart to look at the pictures of her now.     I hope this means she will recommit, and go back to Dr. Now before it's too late for her to keep her health. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Starcasm (I know it's not a good site) popped up on my news update, and they interviewed Cynthia (from Oklahoma).   I think she's the one that had adopted her cousin's three kids, and had two of her own, and was a teacher.      Anyway, she's another one who said she would lose weight her own way, and dropped Dr. Now, and now she's calling herself a weight loss failure.   I didn't have the heart to look at the pictures of her now.     I hope this means she will recommit, and go back to Dr. Now before it's too late for her to keep her health. 

As I recall, Cynthia had made the decision to stop losing weight, when she was in the mid-300s. One of the main reasons was the loose skin that develops, and after having skin removal surgery on her arms (her first skin removal) she said she would not be able to do it again due to the difficult and time-consuming recovery. She had a full-time job, as well as several children at home to whom she was a single parent, and could not afford the time-out again. And that was why she left Dr. Now's program.

She also said she was happy with her size at that point, she could do the things she wanted, and did not want to be slim. But, it could be she has changed her mind since then, or that her situation has changed.

• Love 4

I was wondering if anyone knows for sure that the show has been renewed for next season?  I googled and from what I gathered TLC did not clarify that the show was renewed.  That would be a BIG LETDOWN for those of us who receive so much affirmation of what uncontrolled, incessant, compulsive eating can do to a person.  This show keeps me "honest" in maintaining the 100 lbs I lost 15 years ago!  I hope it's picked up for as long as Dr. Now is able to continue doing these surgeries.  I recall that last season (the one before this one) he had an "associate"introduced; however, that doctor never appeared in the season that just ended, so maybe Dr. Now believes he's interested in continuing doing the show..

• Love 3
On 7/12/2019 at 2:08 PM, pdlinda said:

I was wondering if anyone knows for sure that the show has been renewed for next season?  I googled and from what I gathered TLC did not clarify that the show was renewed.  That would be a BIG LETDOWN for those of us who receive so much affirmation of what uncontrolled, incessant, compulsive eating can do to a person.  This show keeps me "honest" in maintaining the 100 lbs I lost 15 years ago!  I hope it's picked up for as long as Dr. Now is able to continue doing these surgeries.  I recall that last season (the one before this one) he had an "associate"introduced; however, that doctor never appeared in the season that just ended, so maybe Dr. Now believes he's interested in continuing doing the show..

The most recent post on Dr. Now's Instagram page says: "New season of my 600 pounds life is going on now." Don't know exactly what he means by 'going on now', as we know that TLC stopped broadcasting new episodes on July 3rd, but perhaps he means that they are in production for a new season.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ProTourist said:

The most recent post on Dr. Now's Instagram page says: "New season of my 600 pounds life is going on now." Don't know exactly what he means by 'going on now', as we know that TLC stopped broadcasting new episodes on July 3rd, but perhaps he means that they are in production for a new season.

Did you happen to catch the date of his post?  Perhaps that would give us a clue.  Not sure what all the "mystery" is about???  Either the show was picked up or it wasn't!!

• Love 1

Regarding new episodes.... generally TLC does not announce renewals or cancelations.  TLC announces seasonal lineups instead.  Right now, we are in full on summer and TLC is making the most of their new heavyweight, the 90 Day franchise.  

Soon, the fallish lineup will start to be promoted.  I'm pretty sure the Duggar date has already been announced. I also think that after their tiff with TLC, The Little Couple is back.  After the blooms and leaves have fallen from all of the fall stuff, the winter shows will be announced.  TLC waits to have flexibility in their schedule.

Since the  My 600 franchise has been a January start for quite a bit, it will be quite a wait to find out the start date of the new shows.  Since they have done casting calls, there will be new shows!    And updates that were filmed immediately after the initial show and hastily edited for our bemusement and confusion!  

I would suggest that rather than checking in on Dr. Now regarding TLC info,  follow the TLC website.  Though if you want to share his most recent pictures of giant stomachs, that's fun too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

Regarding new episodes.... generally TLC does not announce renewals or cancelations.  TLC announces seasonal lineups instead.  Right now, we are in full on summer and TLC is making the most of their new heavyweight, the 90 Day franchise. 

Soon, the fallish lineup will start to be promoted.  I'm pretty sure the Duggar date has already been announced. I also think that after their tiff with TLC, The Little Couple is back.  After the blooms and leaves have fallen from all of the fall stuff, the winter shows will be announced.  TLC waits to have flexibility in their schedule.

Since the  My 600 franchise has been a January start for quite a bit, it will be quite a wait to find out the start date of the new shows.  Since they have done casting calls, there will be new shows!    And updates that were filmed immediately after the initial show and hastily edited for our bemusement and confusion! 

I would suggest that rather than checking in on Dr. Now regarding TLC info,  follow the TLC website.  Though if you want to share his most recent pictures of giant stomachs, that's fun too.

Thanks for the updates. And giants stomachs, I can do without that.  :)

16 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

That makes perfect sense.  Thanks so much for this info.

It is kind of amazing to me that Dr. Now still has the mojo to perform another season (and I use the word "perform" advisedly...LOLOL..).

As for the Little Couple, are you saying they had ANOTHER tiff with TLC??  I know a few seasons back there was some kind of contract dispute with a 3rd party as I recall??  Anyway, with their very upscale lifestyle I'm sure they seek to squeeze every DIME out of TLC and must have the lawyers to accomplish that because I saw a post saying they would be back soon (and I see re-runs on TLC that usually means new shows are ready to be aired in the not too distant future.

On 6/24/2019 at 12:44 PM, ShortyMac said:

Joe, from Season 3, is divorcing his wife, Sarah.

Are we expected to pay for that too?  (Isn't he the one who had a gofundme for the wedding, although he wasn't in a hurry for a job.)

• Love 2
11 hours ago, auntjess said:

Are we expected to pay for that too?  (Isn't he the one who had a gofundme for the wedding, although he wasn't in a hurry for a job.)

Lol and yes, that’s the reason I just can’t like him.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, fonfereksglen said:

Who was the young man who TLC claimed could sing opera but was a bit of a musical disappointment?     I am drawing a blank.🤔

That sounds like Brandon, season 7 episode 7.

• Love 1

Just re-watched Marla's story....I know it's an old one, but it bothered me then and it bothers me now.  Am up early in distress over cat adoption situation and am re-watching old episodes to calm my nerves.  Plus, finally have TV to myself.

After Marla's heartfelt voice-over about her violent kidnapping and shame over being bedridden (obligatory scene of daughter sponge-bathing her) she goes to Houston only to be scolded by Dr. Now for not taking a bariatric ambulance from Nashville.  I mean, did TLC offer to pay for one?  They obviously arranged her arrival.  At least they didn't show the fast-food pit stops on this one.  She promptly threw a clot and was at death's door.

All she did in her long hospital stay was complain about the "nasty" lo-cal hospital food and refuse physical therapy.  What do they mean they don't know what she weighs?  Can't the bed weigh her?  When I was in the hospital I noticed my bed had my weight at the foot of it.

Her daughter Sierra really concerned me.  She not only drove her to Houston, but apparently set up un apartment for her mom's return (which took 4 months).  She was at bedside constantly, and kept urging her to walk. Dr. Now eventually performed WLS on non-compliant Marla and sent her "home".  Is a "cup" of jello a quart container?  I see 2-litre empties around the bed;  isn't soda forbidden?  She didn't lose weight after WLS?  That takes dedication!

Sierra is dangerously overweight herself.  It's painful to watch.  She needs help.  Why didn't someone call her on that and suggest they diet together?  Why no therapy?!!! Even Lola might help!  Marla obviously has huge trauma  and everybody in the family is dangerously overweight.  They even propped up a beat-up tabletop on Marla's bed for a bed-frying scene!

Couldn't tell if it was chicken or fish;  thank heavens no one got burned.  Total "AAAaacccckkk!

Episode ended with Marla standing briefly,  no mention of weight loss progress, consciousness of healthy eating for life.  Frustrating....

On to Alicia's episode:  I appreciate her candor.  But 9! fried dill pickles!  Is this a thing in IL?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Schenee recorded herself having a one-person eating contest involving "atomic hot wings"—from her hospital bed. Enjoy everyone and YOU'RE WELCOME:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKx-ehFJ_Eo

ETA: OK, as despicable as Schenee is, that video is kinda funny.

Holy shneee! The comment section is hilarious. I don’t have a side yet side pic, but I’m going to go out on a limb and say at the very least she hasn’t lost any weight. 😂

Geez, her videos are either stuffing her face or begging for money 🙄

7 hours ago, Giant Misfit said:

Schenee recorded herself having a one-person eating contest involving "atomic hot wings"

Those "one-person eating contests" are called 'mukbangs'. And it was Schenee's mukbangs that got me started in that genre. There are so many mukbangers on YouTube. Their channels are monetized and some of them have so many followers and viewers that they make a living posting videos of themselves eating, often every day. It's a big sub-culture.

3 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I also like how Schenee had milk to cool of her mouth; her boo had water which makes it worse.

Mukbangers often eat super-hot foods, such as ramen noodles and chicken wings. Some of them will drink almond milk to cool off their mouths. And some will even start off with a shot of Pepto Bismol to coat their stomachs!

Well have just caught up with all the episodes (thanks to a lovely person on here😊).

Loved Milla ... wow wasn’t she just so sweet and she was so clean, dressed nicely and had a nice home.

compare the the vile Jeanne 

Her episode turned my stomach ... not only was she a nasty person she was so filthy🤢🤢.. impacted faeces on her leg and did you see her fingernails disgusting .. probably packed with faeces too.

felt sorry for her mum when her dad died ... and I was frantic to know that the dogs were okay ...,

• Love 3

Has there even been an update on either Randy or Gideon?

On 8/23/2019 at 4:40 PM, ProTourist said:

There seems to be a possibility that the series will return in September. TLC's currently-published schedule is showing that the two-part Perrios episode from season six ("One Ton Family") will be rebroadcast on Wednesday September 4:

https://www.tlc.com/schedule

😃 ❤️

Has the fabulous WWT announced when her new season starts?  Her show seems to be shown at the same time as our beloved 600lbs.

• Love 1
On 9/8/2019 at 5:37 PM, fonfereksglen said:

Has there even been an update on either Randy or Gideon?

Has the fabulous WWT announced when her new season starts?  Her show seems to be shown at the same time as our beloved 600lbs.

Well, that's no good....  I originally kind of liked her spirit, as the parent of a (younger) millennial kid.  But she seems to celebrate gaining and gaining in a kind of in-your-face way.  All to the detriment to her health, and our patience.

My DirectTV won't even offer me repeats.  I heard rumours WATN episodes were set for "fall"; any info will be appreciated.

Another Friday night and I just don't want to listen to "803" and "804" (60's and 70's music channels) anymore.  Doin' the hustle or etc. etc..😼 again (!) seems a good waste of that "zone" between beer and snooze.

• Love 1

I don't know if this belongs here but there's a woman who just started working in my office and she has butt wings, not huge, but they're butt wings. I felt guilty for looking but also morbidly excited that I had seen some in real life. I'm going to hell.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, WhitneyWhit said:

I don't know if this belongs here

You can say it in the small talk thread. LOL at morbidly excited.

And, many of us are going to hell, usually wearing flammable underwear. You aren't alone. 

Edited by nokat
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3