Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Midnight City

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

I'm a little confused about Roy ... does he or doesn't he have super-strength because of the Mirakuru?   Or did that go away altogether?  

He doesn't anymore. Oliver injected him with the cure at the end of last season, and it went away altogether. At least it has so far, maybe it'll reappear at a later date for plot reasons. 

Edited by apinknightmare

He doesn't anymore. Oliver injected him with the cure at the end of last season, and it went away altogether. At least it has so far, maybe it'll reappear at a later date for plot reasons. 

thanks.  one more thing, if you have a moment ... how did Tatsu restore life to Oliver?   Does she have some special power that I missed?  I don't think I skipped any episodes.

thanks.  one more thing, if you have a moment ... how did Tatsu restore life to Oliver?   Does she have some special power that I missed?  I don't think I skipped any episodes.

It wasn't really explained apart from the fact that Oliver was really close to dying but the snow cushioned his fall and his shirtlessness/the cold helped staunch his bleeding, so he was almost dead when Maseo brought him to Tatsu and apparently she's just super gifted at surgery/healing. 

It wasn't really explained apart from the fact that Oliver was really close to dying but the snow cushioned his fall and his shirtlessness/the cold helped staunch his bleeding, so he was almost dead when Maseo brought him to Tatsu and apparently she's just super gifted at surgery/healing. 

Thanks again.   It seems unlikely he would have survived the scimitar, let alone a fall of several stories ... but relatively speaking it's no more unrealistic than Laurel Pantsuit Lance leaping through a pane of glass and escaping on a ladder suspended from a helicopter.

• Love 2

311 (Midnight City) - Oliver Queen's voiceover intro:
Oliver (voiceover): "My name is Oliver Queen. After five years in hell, I have come home with only one goal - to save my city. Now others have joined my crusade. To them, I'm Oliver Queen. To the rest of Starling City, I am someone else. I am something else."

311 (Midnight City) – Injured Oliver dreams about Felicity:
(Oliver is sleeping and dreaming.)
Felicity: "This is a duel, Oliver, with one of the most dangerous men that has ever walked the earth."
Oliver: “I wouldn't be doing it if I didn't think I could win.” 
Felicity: “I don't worry that you can beat him. I am terrified you won't kill him. That's not who you are anymore. And I'm afraid that Ra's is going to use your humanity against you.” 
Oliver: “You're right. I'll stay.” 
Felicity: “Really? Are you sure?” 
Oliver: “I'm sure of one thing… I love you.” 
(They kiss. Then blood comes out of Oliver’s mouth, Felicity shrieks, and Oliver looks down to see a sword coming out of his chest.  He wakes up.)

311 (Midnight City) – Ray tries unsuccessfully to get Felicity to change her mind about helping him:
Ray: "Hey."
Felicity: "What are you doing here so early? The meeting's not for another three hours.”
Ray: “Yeah, well, I convinced Mayor Castle it might be a good idea to move it up. What, with a murderous killer running amok in the city.” 
Felicity: “Isn't that what the police are for?” 
Ray: “Well, she wanted to speak to city leaders. And I'll help in whatever way I can.” 
Felicity: “And by help, you mean money and counsel, not a suit powered by… dwarf star alloy that fires lasers at people?” 
Ray: “Well, they aren't lasers. That would be ridiculous. They're compressed hard light beams. And they don't actually fire, because I can't get anyone, specifically you, to help me fix the Nanite chip.” 
Felicity: “Well, I already told you, Ray, I am not interested in helping you with your suicide mission. There is nothing that you can say or do that is going to change my mind.”

311 (Midnight City) – Mayor Celia Castle holds a meeting with the S.C. P.D.:
Mayor Castle: "As you know, over the last week, a criminal organization headed by Danny Brickwell has been on a crime spree unlike anything since Al Capone.”
Alderman: “Which begs the question - why aren't you arresting him?”
Quentin: “We sent in an ESU team to do just that. Most of those men are in the hospital now. Now we got no clue where he's holed up. Maybe if we had more men, but that means more money.” 
Ray (entering with Felicity): “Ah, I've got a few bucks. Sorry. In fact, Palmer Technology has just made a large donation to the S.C.P.D., but it'll take time for that personal equipment to do any good. We need to consider calling in the National Guard.”
(Gunshots sound. Brickwell enters with his men.) 
Brickwell: “Always wanted to meet the mayor. Bring her and the aldermen. Kill the rest.” (Leaves)
(Fight ensues involving Quentin, Ray and Laurel.)
Quentin: “Laurel!”
Ray: “See? That's why I need a technosuit.”
Quentin: “Is Mayor Castle secure?”
Laurel: “Yeah. But what about the aldermen?”
Quentin: “Brick's got 'em.”

311 (Midnight City) – Felicity tells Quentin that the Arrow’s “gone”, and Quentin tells her that Sara’s back:
Quentin: "Hey."
Felicity: "How's your heart?"
Quentin: "Ah, still beating. You okay? Listen, I couldn't help but notice that nobody in a green hood showed up to save the day.”
Felicity: “That's because he's gone.”
Quentin: “What do you mean, ‘gone’?”
Felicity: “It means we're on our own.”
Quentin: “But that doesn't make sense - what, the Arrow's gone, but Sara's back?”
Felicity: “Wait, Sara's back? What are you talking about?”
Quentin: “Yeah, she's been taking out Brick's men solo. I've been getting reports down at the precinct. Blonde, mask, bo staff. You didn't know?”
Felicity: “I've sort of been living under a rock these days.”
Quentin: “Ask her to give me a call.”
Felicity: “Yeah. Will do.”

311 (Midnight City) – Ray tells that Felicity that his Atom project is now about protecting the people he cares for, like her:
Felicity: "Sit."
Ray: "Okay."
Felicity: "Are you okay?"
Ray: “Yeah, I'm fine.”
Felicity: “Armed gunmen attacking you. That had to have brought back a few bad memories.”
Ray: “Yeah. When it started, all I could think about was the night Anna died. But when that gunman charged us, all I could think about was saving you… (She chuckles) You were right.”
Felicity: “Hmm?”
Ray: “I've been going about this all wrong. When I started the A.T.O.M. project, it was all about avenging Anna. But what it has become about is… protecting the people I care for.”
Felicity: “You mean the city?”
Ray: “No. I mean you.”

311 (Midnight City) – Felicity confronts Laurel about impersonating Sara’s Canary and gives an inspirational speech:
Women on TV: "Alderman Richard Ford was in his second term at City Hall. He leaves behind a wife and two children. The city asks the family's privacy be respected during this trying time. Though no official statement -”
(Felicity knocks on door and Laurel stops broadcast.)
Felicity: “Laurel? I'm sorry. I can come back.”
Laurel: “No, it's okay. Is - is everything okay?”
Felicity: “I came to ask you the same thing… Canary.”
Laurel: “I guess you came here to talk some sense into me.” 
Felicity: “Seems like you could use some.”
Laurel: “Not sure you're going to have to bother. Brick, he - he killed someone tonight. In front of me. I thought that being - being Sara would make it hurt less. But instead, it just - it caused more pain. Not just for me. (Clears throat) So you don't have to worry.  I'm not going to be putting on that mask again. I'm not strong enough to fight for Sara.” 
Felicity: “Maybe you're not supposed to. Maybe it's not about Sara, or Oliver, or anyone else that we care about, who we lost. Maybe what we've been doing, we've been doing it because there are people we care about that are still… alive. Maybe we're doing it for them.”
Laurel: “I thought you quit.”

311 (Midnight City) – Quentin asks Felicity for help:
Felicity: "Captain Lance?"
Quentin (on phone): "Brick wants every cop out of the Glades or he's gonna kill his hostages. We need help, we need it now. Look, I know you said the Arrow is gone. Are you sure about that?”
Felicity: “Yes, I am. But I think I know where to find the Canary.”

311 (Midnight City) – Diggle and Roy toast to Oliver, and Felicity gives Team Arrowless new purpose:
Diggle: “Sometimes, me and Oliver will come down here after, you know, tough nights. He would pour this, look up and say… ‘Prochnost.’"
Roy: "What does that mean?"
Diggle: "I have no earthly idea. To Oliver."
Roy: “To Oliver. We can't do this without Oliver, can we? Felicity was right.
Felicity (entering with Laurel): “Actually, I was wrong, and I'm not wrong a lot.”
Laurel: “I talked to my father. He said the Mayor is going to cave and cede control over the Glades. They're going to evacuate the police force.”
Felicity: “So it's up to us to stop Brick.”
Roy: “’Us’? What, are you and Laurel a team now?”
Felicity: “I was wrong when I said Oliver's mission was over, because it's not just Oliver's mission anymore, it is ours. It's our home that is under attack.” 
Laurel: “For all we know, Oliver could be dead, and Sara certainly is. But there are people that are still alive. People who need us.” 
Diggle: “Okay. First we have to find out where those aldermen are.” 

311 (Midnight City) – Team Arrowless tricks Quentin into giving information about the aldermen who are being held hostage:
Quentin (on phone): "Hello!"
Laurel (using disguised Sara voice): "Hi Daddy."
Quentin (on phone): "Sara. Sara, where – where you been? I've been worried sick about you.”
Laurel: “I'm sorry. I'm here. Are you okay?”
Quentin (on phone): “Well, yeah, I mean, I've been better. I'm sure you have been, too. Listen, why didn't you call me sooner, honey?”
Laurel: “It's complicated.”
Diggle (to Felicity): “How are you doing this?” 
Felicity: “I fed recordings of Sara's voice through a symbolic algorithm.”
Laurel: “Daddy, I'm sorry that I've been away, but I don't want you to worry about me. I'm fine. And I'm here to help.”
Quentin (on phone): “Okay. What do you need from me?” 
Laurel: “I need you to tell me everything you know about the hostages. No matter how seemingly insignificant.” 
Quentin (on phone): “Well, I don't know how knowing their favorite color's going to help find them, honey.” 
Laurel: “There has to be something. Some sort of intel that you couldn't move on because of the Mayor's orders.” 
Quentin (on phone): “I wish. The clock's running down on these guys, too. I just found out one of them's got a heart condition. If his pacemaker isn't recharged soon, we're going to lose another alderman.” 
Laurel: “Daddy, that actually helps. But I have to go now.”
Quentin (on phone): “Wait, just listen to me. Be careful out there, okay? Because I don't know what I'd do if anything happened to you.” 
Laurel: “I'll be careful.” 
Quentin (on phone): “I love you, sweetheart.” 
Laurel: “I love you, too, daddy. (Hangs up) One of the aldermen has a pacemaker.”
Felicity: “If it's remote programmable –“
Laurel: “It'll have a GPS.” 
Felicity: “It's going to take me a few minutes to log on to the pacemaker.” 
Roy: “Gear up.”

311 (Midnight City) – Felicity borrows Ray Palmer’s helicopter:
Ray: "This one breakthrough is all we need - is one –“
Felicity: “Psst.” 
Ray: “Yeah. One second.” 
Felicity: “Sorry to interrupt.”
Ray: “What's going on?” 
Felicity: “Oh. I need the keys to your helicopter.” 
Ray: “How would you even fly it?” 
Felicity: “I got that covered. Can you please just give me the keys now? I… promise, promise, I will not crash it.”
Ray: “I've got to be honest - I'd feel a little more confident in your aeronautic abilities if you knew, for instance, that helicopters don't actually have keys.”
Felicity: “They don't have keys?” 
Ray: “No.” 
Felicity: “Is it on the roof?” 
Ray: “Yeah, it's on the roof.”
Felicity: “Thank you!” 
Ray: “I'm going to hold you to the ‘no crash’ promise!”

311 (Midnight City) – Team Arrowless rescues the aldermen that were held as hostages (Diggle was reduced to the team driver with Laurel and Roy in the field😞
(Laurel and Roy are fighting bad guys.)
Laurel: "I guess we're even now."
Felicity (over comms): "Follow the hallway 20 yards. Turn left.”
(They see the two aldermen tied up.) 
Laurel: “Aldermen! Come on! Don't worry! We're going to get you out of here.”
Roy: “Let's go.”

311 (Midnight City) – Felicity decides to help Ray Palmer:
Felicity: "Your helicopter is back on the roof. I didn't crash it.  Turns out, it actually had keys. And this. (Gives Ray a small metal processor) The reason you couldn't get the Nanite chip to function is because what you actually need… is a quantum processor.”
Ray: “The design is elegant.”
Felicity: “Hmmm.”
Ray: “Thought you weren't going to help me on my suicide mission.”
Felicity: “Well, that's the thing. With my help, you might not end up dead.”

Edited by tv echo