Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: Lā Pōʻino (Doomsday)

• Start Topic

With a measles outbreak bioterrorism episodes of 5-0 and NCISLA turn up on the schedule, what are the odds?

What was up with the Star Trek zero incubation period for a bio weapon, what good would that do a terrorist? He could just make a chemical weapon without waiting for patient zero.

did anyone catch how 5-0 came to the conclusion that bees would be the weapons delivery system?

Edited by Raja

Look, I can hand-wave with the best of them. Especially for this show, where I just want to watch the pretty people shoot bad guys. I am a chief hand waver. HOWEVER, the complete absurdity of the 6 superstars taking down the entire terrorist cell with nothing more than Home Depot respirators was too much, even for me. They don't call SWAT? or a military strike team? Or have the CDC waiting down the road? or wear contamination suits??? Did they think they couldn't absorb the virus through their skin???

I couldn't even watch the poor test subject. I closed my eyes for the entire scene.  #nightmares

I jumped - and screamed - as the wrecking ball came toward Joe. gacck.

At no time did Steve talk to the Gov?? A national Homeland alert and his boss doesn't even check in?

• Love 4

I find it hard to believe that uber protective Danny would not have had Grace on the first flight off the island.

And I agree, there had to be at least one bee escapee from the van.

Once again, all that firepower and no one can hit a very large panel truck? And why no back ups down the road to catch anyone who gets past the super six? It wasn't like the truck took off across the cane fields.

HOWEVER, the complete absurdity of the 6 superstars taking down the entire terrorist cell with nothing more than Home Depot respirators was too much, even for me. They don't call SWAT? or a military strike team? Or have the CDC waiting down the road? or wear contamination suits???

So, the experts showed on their map that this fatal contamination would spread to THE ENTIRE POPULATION OF THE WORLD...and the fate of the planet rested on six cops sneaking through the bushes?

And one woman wearing HEELS.  And no backup? 

• Love 2

Oh, this show. So batshit. 

Is anyone invested in the Doris plot? It's so insufferable. 

Honestly, the best part was, "Three weeks. What the hell am I going to do?" I don't like being idle either. I was coding during the episode. My big new resolution was to eat dinner without working. 

So, the experts showed on their map that this fatal contamination would spread to THE ENTIRE POPULATION OF THE WORLD...and the fate of the planet rested on six cops sneaking through the bushes?

And one woman wearing HEELS. And no backup?

I was saying your on an island with massive military capabilities if there was any place in the world to contain an outbreak that was it

Wow that was probably the dumbest episode I have seen. I did love how the bad guys could apparently design and build a level 4 BSL lab in the space of a couple of days. The engineering firm I work for did the design for a level 3 lab when I first started with them. All I remember was that all of the mechanical equipment (HVAC/Plumbing) was special order, and just pressure testing and commissioning of the ducting took weeks. These guys built a higher level lab, in a barn, with not even an exhaust fan on the roof. 

Also if those mercenaries were such basasses why didn't they execute Joe and Steve, while they were trapped in an overturned SUV?

Like I said it was really stupid. I am just glad those terrorists didn't succeed, since version 2 of their weapon might have been dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark they shoot bees at you.

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Love 3

What got me about this episode was the professor who was kidnapped by the terrorists.  He was told that if he didn't weaponize the disease for them, they would kill his wife.  What about the other 6 BILLION people in the world who were going to die from the disease?  I don't care if he's married to the greatest wife ever, there's no way she's worth that much death.  Plus, was the professor assuming that A). the terrorists would keep their word and not kill her, and B). that she wouldn't get the disease along with the other 85% of the world.

I would have arrested that guy at the end and thrown him in jail along with the terrorists.  I understand he loves his wife, but come on!  Shows like this used to delve into issues like that in some detail.  I guess that kind of interesting moral issue would just get in the way of the action and pretty scenery.

Biggest complaint with this episode: Locke, Jin and Hurley had no scenes together.  I watched this episode "live" rather than DVR'ing it just for that possibility.

• Love 1

I enjoyed this episode a lot.  Was it a bit OTT?  Sure, but I've seen far worse on the other shows (NCIS, NCIS LA, POI, etc).  It's part of the "saved the world" procedural.  I do agree that there should have been more people at the end swarming the farmhouse, but apart from that, I thought it was an enjoyable "shoot the terrorists, save the world" episode.  

I thought the opening was fantastic and action packed, and I was not expecting the wrecking ball.  That made me jump, but I'm not surprised they didn't shoot Steve and Joe because it looked like they were out of commission.  The terrorists main goal was to grab the guy with the virus and get out of there asap.  The other guys were shot because they were in the way or tried to stop them.  I thought how that entire scene was filmed, with Steve and Joe being upside down and trapped inside the car, in pain, and struggling was great.  Very realistic.  Usually, there's never even an injury on some of the other shows.

I happen to be one of the viewers who loves the Shelburne story, and frankly, it's been mostly wrapped up at this point.  I'd say 99% of the questions regarding Doris have been answered.  The only piece remaining is Steve confronting his mother and basically telling her off.  I was surprised that Joe had no idea that Wo-Fat was dead or that Steve killed him.  He looked genuinely surprised. Steve also left out what Wo-Fat did to him.  (I wonder if Doris would even care.)  I did notice that Steve's feelings about his mother have turned decidedly dark.  Is it just me or did it seem like he wanted some revenge?  He wants her punished.  I can't say I blame him.  She's lied to him (and his father and sister) their entire lives, and for Steve, her actions deliberately hurt him (physically, emotionally, and mentally).  I need for Steve to tell off his mother at some point because that's the closure he needs.  That's the only piece of this story that remains untied.  I have no idea why Joe continues to lie and deceive for her.  That must hurt Steve almost as much as his mother's lies, but I do love the Joe/Steve scenes.

My only complaint for this episode was the continued lack of Danny/Steve scenes.  We got a few snippets here and there, but I am not getting the partner relationship that I love.  It started strong this season right up until episode 9, and then I don't know if Scott is still on his book signing tour, but I really hope that the episodes pick up with those two.  I miss them talking in the car (and I mean really talking).  I don't recall seeing much of Danny in the coming attractions for next week, but I hope that's the last time.  I miss those two together.

Edited by Bishop

I enjoyed this episode a lot. Was it a bit OTT? Sure, but I've seen far worse on the other shows (NCIS, NCIS LA, POI, etc). It's part of the "saved the world" procedural. I do agree that there should have been more people at the end swarming the farmhouse, but apart from that, I thought it was an enjoyable "shoot the terrorists, save the world" episode.

I thought the opening was fantastic and action packed, and I was not expecting the wrecking ball. That made me jump, but I'm not surprised they didn't shoot Steve and Joe because it looked like they were out of commission. The terrorists main goal was to grab the guy with the virus and get out of there asap. The other guys were shot because they were in the way or tried to stop them. I thought how that entire scene was filmed, with Steve and Joe being upside down and trapped inside the car, in pain, and struggling was great. Very realistic. Usually, there's never even an injury on some of the other shows.

I happen to be one of the viewers who loves the Shelburne story, and frankly, it's been mostly wrapped up at this point. I'd say 99% of the questions regarding Doris have been answered. The only piece remaining is Steve confronting his mother and basically telling her off. I was surprised that Joe had no idea that Wo-Fat was dead or that Steve killed him. He looked genuinely surprised. Steve also left out what Wo-Fat did to him. (I wonder if Doris would even care.) I did notice that Steve's feelings about his mother have turned decidedly dark. Is it just me or did it seem like he wanted some revenge? He wants her punished. I can't say I blame him. She's lied to him (and his father and sister) their entire lives, and for Steve, her actions deliberately hurt him (physically, emotionally, and mentally). I need for Steve to tell off his mother at some point because that's the closure he needs. That's the only piece of this story that remains untied. I have no idea why Joe continues to lie and deceive for her. That must hurt Steve almost as much as his mother's lies, but I do love the Joe/Steve scenes.

My only complaint for this episode was the continued lack of Danny/Steve scenes. We got a few snippets here and there, but I am not getting the partner relationship that I love. It started strong this season right up until episode 9, and then I don't know if Scott is still on his book signing tour, but I really hope that the episodes pick up with those two. I miss them talking in the car (and I mean really talking). I don't recall seeing much of Danny in the coming attractions for next week, but I hope that's the last time. I miss those two together.

There are a couple of "Danny-heavy" or "Danny centric" eps coming up relatively soon--like by the end of February-ish & hopefully early to mid-March-ish (barring any unexpected pre-emptions--I'm pretty sure the show's on every week in February, especially since it's a "Sweeps" month, but I'm not positive of the March schedule yet). I know 518 is 1 of the major Danny eps, for sure; I think the other was 516, but I'm not positive.

I didn't know Scott was on an actual book signing tour. I know he's done some signings in LA, & I recently got a Yahoo! News alert with a link to 1 of the NYC newspapers' gossip/celebrity sightings columns, which reported he was sighted at some restaurant there on the 20th (I think that's what the date was), which presumably means he was there for more signings or publicity in connection with the new book (shrugs). I mean, I doubt he was there just "playing hooky" from the show (which I'm pretty sure was filming then & not on a break for some reason). But I don't know if I'd consider just those 2 cities a "book signing tour", per se.

There are a couple of "Danny-heavy" or "Danny centric" eps coming up relatively soon--like by the end of February-ish & hopefully early to mid-March-ish (barring any unexpected pre-emptions--I'm pretty sure the show's on every week in February, especially since it's a "Sweeps" month, but I'm not positive of the March schedule yet). I know 518 is 1 of the major Danny eps, for sure; I think the other was 516, but I'm not positive.

I didn't know Scott was on an actual book signing tour. I know he's done some signings in LA, & I recently got a Yahoo! News alert with a link to 1 of the NYC newspapers' gossip/celebrity sightings columns, which reported he was sighted at some restaurant there on the 20th (I think that's what the date was), which presumably means he was there for more signings or publicity in connection with the new book (shrugs). I mean, I doubt he was there just "playing hooky" from the show (which I'm pretty sure was filming then & not on a break for some reason). But I don't know if I'd consider just those 2 cities a "book signing tour", per se.

Thanks for the info.  It can't be easy overall for the H5-O cast to film 25 episodes for a season.  I don't know of another show that has that many episodes this year.  So I'm guessing that the cast is asking for and getting time off.  It's harder for Alex to do that as the lead, although he did get a bit of a break in the holiday episode.  I had heard about the later episodes that are suppose to be more Danny-centric, and I'm glad about that.  As much as I like Lou, he can't fill the Steve/Danny dynamic for me, and I feel like their relationship has been neglected a bit by the writers (but I believe it's due to cast members schedules more than anything else).  We still have another 12 episodes before the season ends which is great.  I'm expecting some great stuff in the next few weeks.

Edited by Bishop

Thanks for the info. It can't be easy overall for the H5-O cast to film 25 episodes for a season. I don't know of another show that has that many episodes this year. So I'm guessing that the cast is asking for and getting time off. It's harder for Alex to do that as the lead, although he did get a bit of a break in the holiday episode. I had heard about the later episodes that are suppose to be more Danny-centric, and I'm glad about that. As much as I like Lou, he can't fill the Steve/Danny dynamic for me, and I feel like their relationship has been neglected a bit by the writers (but I believe it's due to cast members schedules more than anything else). We still have another 12 episodes before the season ends which is great. I'm expecting some great stuff in the next few weeks.

You're welcome. Yeah, I know the usual 22-24 is no picnic, as it is, so 25 eps is really piling it on.

I suppose the leads are getting extra days off, here & there, to compensate for the extra week/8 days of shooting they'll be doing this season 'cause of the 25th ep they don't normally do in a season. And that's nice, if so.

I know Alex has been to a couple of martial arts-related things outside of Hawaii, with 1 of the guys whose family owns the studio where he, his eldest son, & Scott do their martial arts training in Hawaii; the guy also helps train all 3 of them--pics have been posted on Social Media of those--but I don't know if Alex did those things when the show had an actual shooting break involving a shutdown/time off for the entire cast & crew, or if he got time off while everyone else had to work. And I assume they gave Scott time off connected to the October publication of his new photography book, Vanity, but I have no real proof of that, either way. I think most of the LA book-related events have been on Saturdays & Scott doesn't usually film on Saturdays anyway. I suppose they could've told him (about that) his 1st commitment was supposed to be to the show, & tough that the book was coming out during filming, he couldn't go promote it, but I'm not sure they'd be that "mean". After all, they weren't that "mean" (nor could they be, I don't think) when his baby with his partner, Kacy, was due right when S5 was supposed to start filming (their daughter, Josie James, was born in LA the day after S5 started filming in Honolulu & I think Scott got something like 2 or 3 weeks off for it before having to report to the set in Hawaii; I suppose some of the cast could've gone to LA to film scenes with him then--like they went to Vancouver to film stuff with Grace P. last season when she was on her Maternity Leave--but I haven't heard they did).

I feel sorrier for the main cast this season, & certainly won't begrudge them their summer hiatus; especially not if we get our S6 pickup (even though at least some of the "cancellation predictor" sites are saying we may not make S6, I'd swear at least 1 I looked at seemed like an S6 pickup *was more likely than not*, despite what other similar sites said). But I can't say I'm unhappy about having an "extra" ep to watch in S5.

I was really surprised when Alex was quoted as saying that number (25 eps this season) & Peter Lenkov subsequently confirmed it (as I remember). At this point who knows, but I thought the "extra" (25th) ep was 'cause they were doing either a 2-part H50 or another crossover with another CBS show this season. Both of which I've heard since filming started.

I know Peter's teased what he called a 2-part ep in his interview about teasers/spoilers for the eps to air in this half of the season (after the midseason/holiday hiatus ended)--but the ep isn't a traditional 2-parter (as in the parts run consecutively); he said the ep he's calling the 2nd part will actually run *a few weeks* after the ep he considers Part 1 of the story does. It sounds like that's a strictly H50 story & doesn't involve a crossover with another show.

Early in the season I also heard talk of a crossover of H50 with the new show Scorpion, but I also think I heard they're (Scorpion) supposed to be crossing over with NCIS: Los Angeles. So right now I don't know which shows are crossing over with each other, or if any of the shows allegedly involved are still planning a crossover storyline this season.

By the way, when I mentioned 516 & 518 as upcoming "big" (or supposedly "big") Danny eps, I probably should've thrown 517 (I think it is) in there too. But that may actually be more of a "big" McDanno ep, as opposed to strictly a "big" Danny ep. If I have things right, that's the ep DDK recently directed (& edited last week, according to his Social Media accounts) where Danny & McG go on a protracted stakeout where they have to share an apartment & get involved with a nosy neighbor, played by Cloris Leachman, who wants the guys to solve crimes going on in the building besides the 1 they're on the stakeout for.

Anyway, it looks like at least part of February & March (if I'm counting eps right, & barring any pre-emptions we don't know about yet) are gonna be good for fans of Danny &/or Steve & Danny. I can deal with that.

Thanks for the info.  It can't be easy overall for the H5-O cast to film 25 episodes for a season.  I don't know of another show that has that many episodes this year.  So I'm guessing that the cast is asking for and getting time off.  It's harder for Alex to do that as the lead, although he did get a bit of a break in the holiday episode.  I had heard about the later episodes that are suppose to be more Danny-centric, and I'm glad about that.  As much as I like Lou, he can't fill the Steve/Danny dynamic for me, and I feel like their relationship has been neglected a bit by the writers (but I believe it's due to cast members schedules more than anything else).  We still have another 12 episodes before the season ends which is great.  I'm expecting some great stuff in the next few weeks.

I would say at best it can't be easy relative to other shows. But at the same time, it is probably easier than the majority of jobs out there that people have. Sure they probably work long hours, but so do lots of people. And most people don't work those long hours in Hawaii. And most don't spend good chunks of their work days in private trailers or at the professionally catered craft services area, or with their personal assistant who can get them anything they want.

I know Alex has been to a couple of martial arts-related things outside of Hawaii, with 1 of the guys whose family owns the studio where he, his eldest son, & Scott do their martial arts training in Hawaii; the guy also helps train all 3 of them--pics have been posted on Social Media of those--but I don't know if Alex did those things when the show had an actual shooting break involving a shutdown/time off for the entire cast & crew, or if he got time off while everyone else had to work. And I assume they gave Scott time off connected to the October publication of his new photography book, Vanity, but I have no real proof of that, either way. 

Boy, you're a wealth of information!

I feel sorrier for the main cast this season, & certainly won't begrudge them their summer hiatus; especially not if we get our S6 pickup (even though at least some of the "cancellation predictor" sites are saying we may not make S6, I'd swear at least 1 I looked at seemed like an S6 pickup *was more likely than not*, despite what other similar sites said). But I can't say I'm unhappy about having an "extra" ep to watch in S5.

I'm pretty optimistic about a season six, despite some of the naysayers.  H5O (along with Blue Bloods) is a solid ratings night on Friday.  If you look at all the other nights of television, Friday is the only night where each CBS show that comes on after, builds on the previous ratings.  H5O and BB both pull in over 10 million viewers BEFORE they even count DVR+7 viewing.  With that included, H5O is at 13 - 14 million viewers.  It's demo ratings are 1.5, but it's still higher than some of CBS' other shows on during the week.  I think CBS would be crazy to cancel it's Friday night block because it's its strongest night.  

Also, I recall CBS signing Lenkov to two additional years after the fourth season, and this was in May 2014 when the fourth season was pretty much wrapped up.  Then they give it a 25 episode green light?  They had to be happy with season four, no?  My guess is that it will at least get one more year.  The cast is only tied to the show for 6-7 years anyway.

I know Peter's teased what he called a 2-part ep in his interview about teasers/spoilers for the eps to air in this half of the season (after the midseason/holiday hiatus ended)--but the ep isn't a traditional 2-parter (as in the parts run consecutively); he said the ep he's calling the 2nd part will actually run *a few weeks* after the ep he considers Part 1 of the story does. It sounds like that's a strictly H50 story & doesn't involve a crossover with another show.

I hope it's not a cross-over.  I like when the focus is solidly on the Five-o characters, and even if it was a two-parter, they usually incorporate that into a "usual" 22 episode run.  A 24 episode run is considered high, but a 25 episode run?  I've never heard of that before with regard to a drama, which brings up another question:  If CBS was going to cancel H5O, why not just reduce their order of episodes this year?  They've done it with other shows, including CSI.  I mean, the studio doesn't have to honor it's original show load of 25 (to the best of my knowledge).  So if cancellation is on their mind, why film all 25 episodes?  When shows are not living up to expectations during a given year, they usually cut the order of episodes, and in H5O's case, it would very easy to do since they have a crazy show load this year.  Just an observation.

Early in the season I also heard talk of a crossover of H50 with the new show Scorpion, but I also think I heard they're (Scorpion) supposed to be crossing over with NCIS: Los Angeles. So right now I don't know which shows are crossing over with each other, or if any of the shows allegedly involved are still planning a crossover storyline this season.

I hope not.  I don't want Scorpion in the Five-O world simply because they don't mesh well together, imo.  NCIS LA does work with H-5O, but I feel like the former got a bit more campy this last year or two.  Way too much time is devoted to the romances and the adolescent banter of Kensi, Deeks, Nell, and Eric.  I still watch it, but I'm losing interest.  The edge that I always loved in the early years is gone.  You'll never see an episode like H5O's 100th or Danny killing that guy in cold blood on NCIS LA.  I still wouldn't mind a cross-over, but next year.

By the way, when I mentioned 516 & 518 as upcoming "big" (or supposedly "big") Danny eps, I probably should've thrown 517 (I think it is) in there too. But that may actually be more of a "big" McDanno ep, as opposed to strictly a "big" Danny ep. If I have things right, that's the ep DDK recently directed (& edited last week, according to his Social Media accounts) where Danny & McG go on a protracted stakeout where they have to share an apartment & get involved with a nosy neighbor, played by Cloris Leachman, who wants the guys to solve crimes going on in the building besides the 1 they're on the stakeout for.

Anyway, it looks like at least part of February & March (if I'm counting eps right, & barring any pre-emptions we don't know about yet) are gonna be good for fans of Danny &/or Steve & Danny. I can deal with that.

I am really looking forward to those episodes because Danny's absence, at least for me, is glaringly obvious.  I was happy to see him in this last episode, but there wasn't enough McDanno interaction for me.  That being said, I was fine that I at least saw him.  Next week, I don't think Danny is on at all.  So I really need to see that partner relationship between him and Steve established again, especially after what Danny and Steve have both been through this year.  With Danny killing his brother's killer in cold blood and Steve covering for him, and then Wo-Fat's torture of Steve, it's just bizarre that they aren't having any meaningful scenes overall.lately.

I would say at best it can't be easy relative to other shows. But at the same time, it is probably easier than the majority of jobs out there that people have. Sure they probably work long hours, but so do lots of people. And most people don't work those long hours in Hawaii. And most don't spend good chunks of their work days in private trailers or at the professionally catered craft services area, or with their personal assistant who can get them anything they want.

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything.  The same can be said of anyone making movies or television.  My main point was that 25 episodes is a LOT of television to film in one year for any television show.  It's an unnatural number of episodes.  So I understand if cast members get some time off from time to time.  I just miss them when they are not on.

Edited by Bishop

Scorpion has already crossed with NCIS with Heddy making an appearance so exists in the same universe with H50.

Gotcha.  I don't watch Scorpion, and so I didn't see the cross-over with Hetty.  I still don't want them on H5O, but realistically speaking (as much as television shows can be realistic), they ALL exist in the same universe.  

Boy, you're a wealth of information!

I'm pretty optimistic about a season six, despite some of the naysayers. H5O (along with Blue Bloods) is a solid ratings night on Friday. If you look at all the other nights of television, Friday is the only night where each CBS show that comes on after, builds on the previous ratings. H5O and BB both pull in over 10 million viewers BEFORE they even count DVR+7 viewing. With that included, H5O is at 13 - 14 million viewers. It's demo ratings are 1.5, but it's still higher than some of CBS' other shows on during the week. I think CBS would be crazy to cancel it's Friday night block because it's its strongest night.

Also, I recall CBS signing Lenkov to two additional years after the fourth season, and this was in May 2014 when the fourth season was pretty much wrapped up. Then they give it a 25 episode green light? They had to be happy with season four, no? My guess is that it will at least get one more year. The cast is only tied to the show for 6-7 years anyway.

I hope it's not a cross-over. I like when the focus is solidly on the Five-o characters, and even if it was a two-parter, they usually incorporate that into a "usual" 22 episode run. A 24 episode run is considered high, but a 25 episode run? I've never heard of that before with regard to a drama, which brings up another question: If CBS was going to cancel H5O, why not just reduce their order of episodes this year? They've done it with other shows, including CSI. I mean, the studio doesn't have to honor it's original show load of 25 (to the best of my knowledge). So if cancellation is on their mind, why film all 25 episodes? When shows are not living up to expectations during a given year, they usually cut the order of episodes, and in H5O's case, it would very easy to do since they have a crazy show load this year. Just an observation.

I hope not. I don't want Scorpion in the Five-O world simply because they don't mesh well together, imo. NCIS LA does work with H-5O, but I feel like the former got a bit more campy this last year or two. Way too much time is devoted to the romances and the adolescent banter of Kensi, Deeks, Nell, and Eric. I still watch it, but I'm losing interest. The edge that I always loved in the early years is gone. You'll never see an episode like H5O's 100th or Danny killing that guy in cold blood on NCIS LA. I still wouldn't mind a cross-over, but next year.

I am really looking forward to those episodes because Danny's absence, at least for me, is glaringly obvious. I was happy to see him in this last episode, but there wasn't enough McDanno interaction for me. That being said, I was fine that I at least saw him. Next week, I don't think Danny is on at all. So I really need to see that partner relationship between him and Steve established again, especially after what Danny and Steve have both been through this year. With Danny killing his brother's killer in cold blood and Steve covering for him, and then Wo-Fat's torture of Steve, it's just bizarre that they aren't having any meaningful scenes overall.lately.

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything. The same can be said of anyone making movies or television. My main point was that 25 episodes is a LOT of television to film in one year for any television show. It's an unnatural number of episodes. So I understand if cast members get some time off from time to time. I just miss them when they are not on.

As of this week, the "cancellation predictor" at SpoilerTV has the show "looking safe" (or some other positive-sounding adjective) for (what would be S6) renewal (perhaps not so coincidentally, along with Blue Bloods). However the other "cancellation predictors" at TV-related sites (TVLine, TV by the Numbers' "Cancellation Bear", etc.) are still calling it as "Could Go Either Way" (or similar phraseology) regarding cancellation by May of 2015.

The other day (I think more like over this past weekend), Lenkov posted a "glamor shot" of Hawaii (I think, like, a sunrise or sunset) on his Twitter with a comment like he was gonna miss that (the Hawaiian sunrises/sunsets/beauty in general) when the show ended. He got a handful of responses asking if he was announcing the cancellation & was VERY QUICK to reassure the posters/his followers, in general, that's NOT what he was saying at all (he was just musing about the future *somewhere down the road*, *not* meaning anytime in the *near* future...like May of this year or before).

It's really late/early. I wanna address more of what you said but I'll come back to it if that's OK.

As of this week, the "cancellation predictor" at SpoilerTV has the show "looking safe" (or some other positive-sounding adjective) for (what would be S6) renewal (perhaps not so coincidentally, along with Blue Bloods). However the other "cancellation predictors" at TV-related sites (TVLine, TV by the Numbers' "Cancellation Bear", etc.) are still calling it as "Could Go Either Way" (or similar phraseology) regarding cancellation by May of 2015.

Yeah, I read all of that stuff, and I'm still confident.  Lenkov seems to know something that we don't know.  He's pretty confident about a season six, and since H5O is pulling good numbers for Friday - heck it's doing better than a lot of prime nights during the week.  The logic I read regarding other lower rated shows getting renewed over H5O is due to syndication.  POI doesn't need to reach 100 to go into syndication, and CBS doesn't own POI or Stalker.   I think Friday nights will remain the same for another year at least.  I guess we'll find out in early March, which is when CBS made their renewal announcements last year..  

The other day (I think more like over this past weekend), Lenkov posted a "glamor shot" of Hawaii (I think, like, a sunrise or sunset) on his Twitter with a comment like he was gonna miss that (the Hawaiian sunrises/sunsets/beauty in general) when the show ended. He got a handful of responses asking if he was announcing the cancellation & was VERY QUICK to reassure the posters/his followers, in general, that's NOT what he was saying at all (he was just musing about the future *somewhere down the road*, *not* meaning anytime in the *near* future...like May of this year or before).

Yeah, I saw that too. Logically speaking, the show WILL end at some point, and I'm guessing it will be either season six or seven.  I think the cast is exhausted, frankly.  It's a high action show, much more so than the other shows on tv, imo.  The fact that Scott and Grace have both requested lighter loads tells me that the show probably has about another year or so left, and then everyone will be ready to move on.  I'll be okay with that as long as the writers wrap up the Steve/Doris storyline.  I REALLY need closure on that particular storyline.  My dream ending for that relationship is for Steve to basically disown his mother.  I'm sorry I just can't get over the fact that she left her kids for 20 years, and the only reason she came back was because Steve wouldn't let go of the Shelburne mystery, which exposed the fact that she was still alive.  So she had to resurface.  Then she chooses to disappear again and avoid Steve at all costs while she secretly meets several times with Wo-Fat.  I can't forgive that as a viewer and a fan of Steve's character.  I want Steve to basically tell his mother that she can stay gone, that his mother died 25 years ago, and that she's still dead.  Doris can cry all she wants, but I wouldn't forgive her.  She doesn't deserve Steve's love or loyalty at this point.  I have to have that closure before H5O ends.

It's really late/early. I wanna address more of what you said but I'll come back to it if that's OK.

No problem.

Edited by Bishop