Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E17: The Bin Of Sin

Suspecting that Alison/"A" is out to frame her for Mona's murder, Hanna is not willing to just sit by and let it happen. When Caleb and her friends try to come up with a safe plan to get Hanna off the hook, it isn't good enough for her. Taking her fate into her own hands, Hanna strikes out alone to clear her name. Meanwhile, relationships are tested when Aria comes clean to Ezra and Spencer's shady actions continue to put Toby in a bind at work.

I'm sorry, but... did Ezra kiss her cheek? It seemed to me that he did. Which.... no words. (Interesting phrasing too, his "I'm glad you told me." and by interesting I mean that is such a writer's line vs what a normal person would say in the context. So lame.)

• Love 1

I like Toby the cop and am enjoying the rift in the Spencer/Toby relationship. Toby trying to play it real but Spencer being Spencer wants to use him as an inside source. The story is interesting.

Also interesting for once is Ezra and Aria. I like the idea that they are both facing the fact that Aria didn't have the full high school experience because she was busy dating him. The relationship is boring but I like angst so....angsty them is less boring.

Hanna and Caleb forever!

Emily saves the day by bashing some pipes. Loved that scene.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2

So...now that it's going to be appropriate for Aria to date Ezra, and she won't actually miss out on anything, Ezra wants to break up with her. WTF. Are we still just pretending the book thing didn't happen? (Or did taking a bullet for them supposedly cancel out two years of creepy stalker?) 

Hanna and Caleb are the best. Also, I love Spaleb. The brotp that is forming there is awesome. 

Spencer..sometimes I love Spencer...and sometimes she annoys me. I think it might be my "don't yell at Hanna reflex" but girl...you tampered with evidence plenty, don't be defending your dick of a boyfriend (share with Hanna!) and don't be yelling at Hanna for protecting her ass too, when a week ago you were playing "let's drag my fingerprints across every piece of evidence the cops haven't found yet.

Toby...although it's actually good drama, didn't Toby join the police force to be the inside guy. And now he's all about the letter of the law. Because being a professional is what Rosewood is all about. 

Also..psych major here..the polygraph thing pisses me off. Alison would not need any help passing it. Those things are unreliable and test stress. She's a good liar so she would pass it without help. 

Also...so the body was in a storage room in Hanna's name, and now Aria and Spencer have their fingerprints in a place where the bloody clothes and evidence are. Since Caleb corrupted the file, would that mean that really..only Aria and Spencer are in trouble now? And Aria has an alibi..(she was on the phone with Mona at the time of death, so obviously she didn't kill her.)  So back to framing Spencer again? And how are they going to try and get Emily? 

Also, I always think it's funny that Emily and Aria can equate really small things with really big things. Maybe it's noticeable because they also get smaller drama (where Hanna and Spencer are pretty much always big plot driven..) but it's just funny to me. 

• Love 2
Also...so the body was in a storage room in Hanna's name, and now Aria and Spencer have their fingerprints in a place where the bloody clothes and evidence are.

I can't believe how casual they were about roaming around that warehouse or whatever.  These girls should wear gloves all the time.  I was also laughing at how quickly they decided to separate in that place either.

• Love 2

Ezra: "Now that you are almost 18 I̶'̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ I want whats best for you. btw do you know any hs freshmen??"

and really? they arent going to show us whats in the barrel? actually who am I kidding. Clearly all four of the liars have to be there for that reveal. How else would we get that inevitable 45 second gasping/shocked face reaction shot. 

Ezria and Spoby potential break ups?? Dont get my hopes up like this, show!

• Love 13

I liked Ezra letting Aria go for her own sake after reading the letter. Even if she thinks about it, the letter content did come from somewhere inside her. However it's also letting 'A' win by ruining her relationship which she did all on her own.

I like Toby being tired of the A drama and just doing his job. 

• Love 1

When Aria started talking about what a great writer she is ... Oh how I laughed.

A month ago Toby he was like, "I know I'm going to become a cop to help you out with all this A stuff, Spencer!"

Now he's like, "Dammit Spencer, I can't help you out with all this A stuff, I'm a cop!"

• Love 18

When Aria started talking about what a great writer she is ... Oh how I laughed.

A month ago Toby he was like, "I know I'm going to become a cop to help you out with all this A stuff, Spencer!"

Now he's like, "Dammit Spencer, I can't help you out with all this A stuff, I'm a cop!"

That just agravated me so much.  It's also just way too late for him to change his mind about being involved.  Did he forget that A planted a knife that belongs to him?  It happened like 24 hours ago.

• Love 1

CAN PEOPLE STOP YELLING AT HANNA?!?!?!?

WORD. I hate when people yell at hanna when she's clearly the most victimized right now. One thing I dont like this season is that the 4 pll's just aren't talking to each other. I get that they all have problems and are stressed, but like...nobody is communicating! They all just kinda yell and freak out. I miss their friendship when it was more sympathizing and (slightly) less smashing/yelling

• Love 2

When are these girls going to learn to stop following GPS coordinates to abandoned locations? I'd expect this behavior from Aria "Let's split up!" Montgomery and Emily "I'll take the 2nd floor!" Fields but Spencer, you should know better. And you let yourself get locked in a freezer just days after being locked in a kiln.

I am still sort of hoping my earlier theory that all previously revealed As are still A is true. That would include Mona (not dead), Toby and Ezra (pulling away from their GFs) and possibly others.

• Love 3

OMG, I could not stop laughing at Aria's outfit straight from 1987. That printed blouse buttoned up to the neck with a black vest and a huge necklace? Classic!

I give Hanna and Caleb credit for being totally prepared for the storage unit. We're talking gloves, shoe covers, a drill for the lock, shutting down the cameras, etc (although I did cringe at Caleb holding the lock in one hand and the drill in the other hand).

But of course, the other liars had to make up for that by being idiots. Allow me to simply quote Aria here: "This place is huge. We should probably split up." Seriously? And then after what happened to Caleb in the kiln, Spencer is dumb enough to go into a room with a thick door by herself and think she isn't going to get locked in? Then Emily thinks she should use the giant metal wrench to break the control box instead of the glass on the door?

Don't get me started on how they all strolled into the ice cream place without gloves. Remember a few weeks ago when two of them went to Mona's house and had their hair in buns and gloves on their hands? What happened between then and now that they decided fingerprints are okay? And it was just last week that Spencer was worried that she and Caleb might have left fingerprints, hair, or SKIN CELLS in the storage unit but now she's totally fine with running off to an unknown location and leaving all sorts of DNA all over the place?

I loved Tanner reminding Toby that he has only been a police officer for about six minutes. Hee! Also hilarious: Aria emphatically stating that the reason her letter to Talmadge sounded so convincing is because she is such a good writer. I had to pause the episode just to laugh and laugh. Then I rolled my eyes when Ezra told Aria that college is an exciting time and that maybe they should break up. Gee, high school is an exciting time too but you didn't think about that when you were boning your teenage student.

Spencer had a lot of nerve telling Hanna that she screwed herself and Caleb by going to the storage unit. This is coming from the same girl who went with Caleb to retrieve that knife. I guess it's only okay to move/hide/destroy evidence when Spencer says it's okay because she is suspected of murder. If anyone else is a murder suspect, then it's up to Spencer to decide what to do with the evidence.

I'm already tired of Talia. I don't actively dislike her as I did with Maya but I am just tired of Talia. She's only been in four episodes but it already feels like she's been here forever. I also hate that it's been obvious since her introduction that she is Emily's next love interest. It doesn't help that I dislike her voice and that she acts so strangely. If I made a pie for my boss as a thank you, I certainly wouldn't leave it at the cash register.

Although I think that Ashley should tell Ted what happened with Jason if she plans to continue dating him, I like that she immediately quit her job working for Jason. I also like that Jason was direct and asked her if she slept with him to deliberately screw up her relationship with Ted. I don't think it was as premeditated as that (I think that she and Jason just had a moment and she gave in to it), but I do think that she feels unworthy of Ted. She has said as much in the past and I don't think that anything about that has changed. The weight of her past transgressions makes her feel guilty about the things that she has done. It kind of reminds me of Carrie in Petals on the Wind. When her boyfriend proposed, she freaked out because she thought that a pastor's wife had to be perfect and that the bad things she had done made her unworthy for that role.

• Love 3

I know that having the storage unit be in Hanna's name isn't a good thing but I don't understand why they think that it will get Hanna convicted and behind bars as soon as the cops find it? Killers don't rent place holders for dead bodies in their own names. Hanna being framed should be the first thing that pops into the police heads.

Tampering with evidence seems like a thousand times worse then just letting it be and then claim frame job.

• Love 3

These girls are so stupid. Pretty but stupid. “We should probably split up?” We should probably split up! One of them actually said this while standing in a dark abandoned warehouse while looking for evidence a psychotic stalker/killer stole from them. We should probably split up… lmao. Great idea, Aria. No wonder you didn’t get into college. How are they all not dead yet? “A” obviously must not actually want to kill them because they keep serving themselves up on a silver platter to be slaughtered and A never seizes the opportunity. 

At this point all four Liars should just wear latex gloves at all times. Their hands should literally be covered every second of every day because they just can’t stop tampering with evidence and walking into traps, like abandoned warehouses, where they touch everything in sight.

They also need to stop willingly going into dark desolate places. Why are there so many abandoned factories and warehouses around Rosewood? And why do the girls continue to enter them knowing that a psycho has been trying to kill them for years. Not to mention all the times these dummies have run into the woods alone late at night. 

Someone once got me an emergency glass hammer for my car that’s supposed to be able to easily break your car’s windows if the car is submerged in water or on fire or whatever. The liars should consider investing in one of these considering how often they find themselves locked in confined spaces with some type of deadly element.

Officer Toby is the worst. He tells Spencer he’s joining the police force so he could keep an eye on A from the inside, then he gets mad at Spencer for looking to him for inside information on A. They really need to break up already. If Toby truly wants to be a serious cop in Rosewood he can’t be dating a girl who is somehow involved in every murder committed in town. And do rookie cops usually have their own desks and get to investigate high profile murder cases with senior detectives? There’s no other cop to accompany Tanner to the storage unit? Maybe one who isn’t sleeping with one of the high school girls involved in the case?

I liked the part of the episode where Spencer yelled at Hanna for doing the same exact thing she did like two days before for the same reason with the same partner in crime. I also liked Hanna acting like Spencer couldn’t possibly understand what it’s like to be framed for murder. Not like Spencer wasn’t just actually charged for a murder she didn’t commit or anything. Nope, no common ground there at all.

• Love 5

lol at Emily's game: "I swear I'm normally way smoother with the ladies than this".  How come that approach never works for me :(

Also lol at Hanna: "The cops are going to think I was the one that stuffed Mona in a barrel of acid!"  *Immediately goes out and buys Personal Protective Equipment designed for handling chemicals from her laptop at her own home*

• Love 1

lol at Emily's game: "I swear I'm normally way smoother with the ladies than this".  How come that approach never works for me :(

Also lol at Hanna: "The cops are going to think I was the one that stuffed Mona in a barrel of acid!"  *Immediately goes out and buys Personal Protective Equipment designed for handling chemicals from her laptop at her own home*

I know, right. She's all proud of herself for being prepared to tamper with evidence with her protective gear and rented van but did she stop to think that cops can easily trace all those things to her now, which makes her look much more suspect than just having the storage locker in her name. 

While I applaud Hanna for realizing it would be dumb to put Mona's remains in her own car, I was like HANNA, if you rent a car that means you gave someone your name and credit card info which means there is a record of you doing it! Think, girl, THINK! Not to mention the fact that most places won't rent a car to a minor. If you're under 25, it's ridiculously expensive but I don't think they will allow anyone under 18 to rent without a parent.

I am going to pretend that Hanna was merely looking up lab supplies online for research purposes and then she bought them locally using cash (mostly because I don't think amazon same day delivery extends to Rosewood - Philadelphia, yes, but not Rosewood). Hopefully she went to the hardware store. Ha, imagine Hanna shopping at Home Depot.

Someone once got me an emergency glass hammer for my car that’s supposed to be able to easily break your car’s windows if the car is submerged in water or on fire or whatever. The liars should consider investing in one of these considering how often they find themselves locked in confined spaces with some type of deadly element.

I wouldn't say I'm totally paranoid, but a few years ago I watched 3 separate incidents in one week where people were trapped in season finales (Elena and Matt were trapped in a submerged car on The Vampire Diaries, the pilot in the plane crash was stuck in his seat while hanging from a tree on Grey's Anatomy, and now the third example is escaping me but it was someone trapped in a non-submerged car - plus Caleb and the Ravenswood kids were trapped in a submerged car the following year!). That was enough to convince me to buy both the Lifehammer and the ResQme (they're basically the same thing but one is on a keychain). The girls definitely need to invest in one of those keychains and some pepper spray since they're constantly being trapped and attacked by A and A's minions. I mean, seriously, imagine if instead of screaming, "Ali, don't staple me to a wall!" Aria had just busted out some pepper spray right in A's face. You know that if that happened, Aria would just run away instead of sticking around to unmask (or unhood) A, but at least she wouldn't have been stapled inside that plastic.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1

Seems to me that with Aria about to graduate high school Ezra just ain't into dating a college student. And thank you to Aria for giving me a hearty laugh with her "because I'm a good writer." Um, ok.

I just can't sometimes with these girls. Snaps to Hanna for actually buying gloves and chemicals etc to handle the storage unit but dammit, girl, and I LOVE you, don't buy that shit from your own computer from your own damn house.

Having said that I still do not like anyone yelling at my Hanna so knock it off, writers. Spencer bitching about Hanna doing the same exact thing that Spencer JUST did re: evidence pissed me off big time. And I know I just typed that but I still felt badly for Spencer when Toby just shut her down about being the PLL's inside source at the police station.

I now like Ashley and Jason as a couple. Sorry, Ted!

It annoyed me that right after Paige leaves town Talia moves right in and homes in on Emily. Let the girl just BE, damn.

Caleb and Hanna Forever.

• Love 1

I like Ashley and Jason together now, but I was annoyed that Jason tried to kiss her again after she made it clear that it was a one time thing. Plus he tried to kiss her in public where anyone could have seen them. I now expect A to send pictures of that exact moment to Pastor Ted who will then confront Ashley without mentioning the photos and then Ashley will assume that Hanna told him.

• Love 1

To add to the timeline shenanigans: Caleb explicitly says that the storage locker was rented four months ago, either the day Mona was murdered or the day before.  That puts us at Thanksgiving plus four months, i.e. late March.  So... assuming our intrepid heroines graduate on time, anything that the show wants to do before they graduate high school has to occur over the span of something like six weeks.  Looks like we're in for another time distortion bubble, like the one that occurred between Halloween and Thanksgiving!

• Love 1

Ezra left one key detail out of his conversation with Aria regarding "if" they are still together when she goes off to college.

He talked about how she would have all these new experiences and meet new and interesting people (and the part he left out -- that she would likely want to bang some of these new and interesting people).  I would imagine that Aria would turkey drop Ezra in a heartbeat.

I loved Hanna coming up with a plan to destroy the incriminating evidence.  For once I actually thought the girls had a chance of not all being murdered.

The liquid nitrogen freezer thing was one of the better traps A has set for the girls even if it is really similar to the kiln from last week,

Am I the only one who wants to see Emily hook up with Talia?  I get that she just broke up with Paige and its probably safe to assume this show will have a happy ending, but as far as Emily is concerned, she and the rest of the Lairs are all going to be dead or in prison before the start of college, so she might as well get as much action as she can.  That or not get involved with someone because she doesn't want them to get sucked into A's game.  Either way I don't really get why she is actually considering having a normal relationship with Talia.  Maybe I am just too cynical.

Also I hate Toby.  More accurately I hate Toby as a cop.  His cop storyline is so stupid.  It would make sense if he was a cop before everything started and slowly got dragged into the A mystery but he joined the police specifically to help the Lairs stop A.  How did he not realize that would required him to violate police ethics and if we wasn't ok with that then why join the police?  Though I did laugh when Tanner said Toby had been a cop for all of six minutes.  I really wanted her keep going and  start talking about how it doesn't make any sense how quickly he because a cop.

To add to the timeline shenanigans: Caleb explicitly says that the storage locker was rented four months ago, either the day Mona was murdered or the day before.  That puts us at Thanksgiving plus four months, i.e. late March.  So... assuming our intrepid heroines graduate on time, anything that the show wants to do before they graduate high school has to occur over the span of something like six weeks.  Looks like we're in for another time distortion bubble, like the one that occurred between Halloween and Thanksgiving!

In defense of the show, I think they plan to continue it until the Lairs leave for college in the fall so that gives them like four or five months.  That still isn't a ton of time but hopefully things will not be as time warpy as the episodes that took place between Halloween and Thanksgiving.

• Love 2

Had I been Aria I would have been insulted when Ezra said the letter must have come from some place inside her that wasn't her imagination/mind. People do write stuff they haven't lived through, Ezra - not you, but like... actual writers. Aria's stating her great talent is even better now that we did see the letter, and how hilariously crappy it was; at least we never saw her other great artistic endeavours.

This episode was so predictable. Even the twists it tried were all rehashed from at least one other instance on the show. And what was new was too stupid for words (When the show spells out conflict of interest and still gives no fucks in the actual plot, it is too much. And is Toby the only cop assigned to help Tanner on this case? In a town the size of Rosewood, what important cases are the others working on?)

And Aria has an alibi..(she was on the phone with Mona at the time of death, so obviously she didn't kill her.)

In terms of Aria being there with Mona's stuff, her alibi wouldn't matter. It's not that A is framing Hanna or Spencer specifically; this time the Liars as a group are going down, one for murder, the rest as accomplices (someone helped carry and hide the body) or part of a conspiracy to murder/hide the murder i.e. Aria helping hide other evidence later on. Between the storage, the video, and the 2 locations, this is shaping up to be the most thorough frame-up yet.

Edited by Crim
  • Love 1

It's so frustrating that this whole "Ezra tries to set Aria free so she can enjoy her youth" thing is being presented as some sort of selfless wisdom on his part. He might have tried that when he was stalking teenage girls for years and then being a statutory rapist. Such a good guy.

It did crack me up, however, that Aria's photo in the yearbook had no activities listed under it (regardless of the fact that we actually saw her participating in school activities more than once) and she assumed it was because she was dating, and not because multiple murderers had been terrorizing her and her friends the whole time. That'll keep a girl busy. 

• Love 3

The liquid nitrogen freezer thing was one of the better traps A has set for the girls even if it is really similar to the kiln from last week.

A has been stepping up his/her scares for the PLLs lately and Caleb (who is now the 5th Liar).  Is A counting on one of the others to save them or is A trying to really kill them?  What if Emily hadn't gotten to "Sparia" (#SaveSparia - who comes up with these hashtags?) in time? Doesn't really make sense if A is trying to frame Hanna or one of the others, b/c you have to be ALIVE to be framed and go to prison.  

Speaking of Caleb, I'm really glad he's back in Rosewood.  One bright spot in this crazy season so far.

After building up the "What's in the Barrell?" drama, I was surprised we didn't even get to see what was in there.  Assuming it's someone's remains, I suppose we will find out that (unless they've been altered chemically beyond being ID'ed) along with the blood sample on the floor.   I bet the blood sample is Mona's whether left there accidentally or on purpose, we'll see. (I'm still wondering what happened to blood sample that Mona had when she fainted.)

Just as Ezra decides that he doesn't want to be with Aria as she goes to college, we have Thalia, who appears to be Ezra's age, interested in our Emily.  Are there no other lesbians her own age in Rosewood she could date?

Edited by apgold
  • Love 1

Had I been Aria I would have been insulted when Ezra said the letter must have come from some place inside her that wasn't her imagination/mind. People do write stuff they haven't lived through, Ezra - not you, but like... actual writers. Aria's stating her great talent is even better now that we did see the letter, and how hilariously crappy it was; at least we never saw her other great artistic endeavours.

I know, right? Ezra is such a hack writer that his tiny little brain can't comprehend that fiction is not the same as a memoir. Some writers have this thing called imagination and they make up stuff to write about! Does he think that JK Rowling really went to Hogwarts?

I totally cracked up when Aria was looking through her yearbook. First of all, it's only March so she shouldn't have the current yearbook yet. If it's last year's, then why is she in what looks like the senior section? That's my past experience coloring my assumptions though. I went to a huge high school (over 900 students in my freshman class) so only seniors got big color pictures. If the freshmen, sophomores, and juniors all got big color pictures, our yearbook would have been bigger than the yellow pages.

But I digress. I love that even the skinny looking nerd next to Aria played three sports and also had non-athletic extracurriculars while Aria had nothing listed (I'm sure it said "boned my teacher" in invisible ink - ha, now I wish A had made that magically appear!).

• Love 6

I know that having the storage unit be in Hanna's name isn't a good thing but I don't understand why they think that it will get Hanna convicted and behind bars as soon as the cops find it? Killers don't rent place holders for dead bodies in their own names. Hanna being framed should be the first thing that pops into the police heads.

Tampering with evidence seems like a thousand times worse then just letting it be and then claim frame job.

THIS!  If Spencer and Caleb would have called it in to the police last week when all that stolen evidence was still in there wouldn't that pretty much proven Hanna didn't do it...she wouldn't have access to bagged evidence unless they think Toby stole it for her. 

After 3 years of dealing with this stuff you'd think they'd be smarter at handling it. And don't get me started on the whole "Let's split up" bit. 

I like the idea that they are both facing the fact that Aria didn't have the full high school experience because she was busy dating him.

I am not a Aria/Ezra fan and normally I’d agree that getting involved in a secret relationship with your teacher for most all of your high school years is a big mistake but I couldn’t also help thinking that none of these girls had a normal HS experience simply from the whole A fiasco alone. 

So...now that it's going to be appropriate for Aria to date Ezra, and she won't actually miss out on anything, Ezra wants to break up with her. WTF. Are we still just pretending the book thing didn't happen? (Or did taking a bullet for them supposedly cancel out two years of creepy stalker?)

How hilarious that a stupid admission letter would break them up but all his psychotic stalking and filming of her, not to mention the book, is now just water under the bridge. I really wonder sometimes what world Marlene King lives in.

I like Toby being tired of the A drama and just doing his job.

But what I didn’t understand was why, when Tanner implied that Alison had accomplices, didn’t Toby agree that someone on the outside was helping Allie but to frame the girls. He had the perfect opportunity. Certainly Tanner would have listened to that point since she knows Allie already tried to frame Spencer.  I know the male police are all corrupt and creepy in this town but can Toby at least give the female one a chance?

When Talia said that Emily had something in her hair, I hope that all of you yelled "GLASS!"

What I thought was that I'd never eat food from Ezra's little shop of hygiene horrors.  No hairnets and Emily never washed her hands before she took over the cooking. YUK!  Does 'A' have the number for a health inspector? 

• Love 3

What I thought was that I'd never eat food from Ezra's little shop of hygiene horrors.  No hairnets and Emily never washed her hands before she took over the cooking. YUK!  Does 'A' have the number for a health inspector? 

and we all know how the whole "no hair net" situation worked out out with the empanadas 

• Love 2
How hilarious that a stupid admission letter would break them up but all his psychotic stalking and filming of her, not to mention the book, is now just water under the bridge. I really wonder sometimes what world Marlene King lives in.

Ha, no kidding. It's okay for you to befriend me because you are obsessed with my dead friend, start dating me KNOWING that I am a high school student, stalk me, and write a book about my friends, but a fictional essay that might have some basis in truth is TOO FAR.

I'd never eat food from Ezra's little shop of hygiene horrors.  No hairnets and Emily never washed her hands before she took over the cooking. YUK!  Does 'A' have the number for a health inspector?

I hope Ezra installed a new smoke detector if Talia is going to keep letting Emily try to cook.

I've started wondering what A would do to fill his/her/its time if the Liars all committed little crimes that got them thrown in jail for a few months.

Build a new dollhouse that looks like jail and dress the dolls in orange jumpsuits and dorags? Or maybe some old school striped prison uniforms because horizontal stripes are unflattering and they will make Hanna look fat.

• Love 1

I bet Ezra was jumping up and down with joy when Aria showed him that letter. Finally, a way out of the relationship with that aging college girl. I wonder if the writers have any idea that this is how it could be perceived. LOL I love this show for the unintentional comedy.

I know the male police are all corrupt and creepy in this town but can Toby at least give the female one a chance?

The irony is, Toby is now trying to be the one uncorrupt police officer in town and by doing so, screwing his girlfriend over just as much as all the corrupt ones. I'm telling you, this show is comedy gold.

• Love 5

These are the Rosewood police, remember? They would probably execute her before she even gets a trial.

• Love 2

Okay when Emily said "I'll take the second floor". I thought she said "I'll take the SEVENTH floor" and I was like "WTF! This is how you end up in a barrel or a freezer or a kiln" (not that taking the second floor alone is smart either...)

Also, I love Ashley. I just do.

Edited by Craphole Island
  • Love 1

I bet Ezra was jumping up and down with joy when Aria showed him that letter. Finally, a way out of the relationship with that aging college girl. I wonder if the writers have any idea that this is how it could be perceived. LOL I love this show for the unintentional comedy.

The irony is, Toby is now trying to be the one uncorrupt police officer in town and by doing so, screwing his girlfriend over just as much as all the corrupt ones. I'm telling you, this show is comedy gold.

What's even funnier is that early on, Aria (and Alison) were paralleled with the book Lolita. 

In the book, the narrator ponders what he'll do when his 14 year old love interest gets too old for him. 

Edited by mercfan3
  • Love 3

I have a friend who has never seen an episode of PLL, and all of her knowledge of it comes from things I tell her. I like to paste funny posts from here into our IM window from time to time. Tonight she said, "swear you're just telling me plots of scooby doo."

• Love 10

Is that really what he's doing? I mean are we supposed to see some angsty ethical dilemma and what not? Because I can't wrap my head around the immense stupidity of this plotline. Toby knows about A, yet thinks he can do just his job and somehow get to the bottom of everything and, what, get Ali convicted in a fair trial and save everyone? How would anyone with his history believe this after just going away to police academy? Or did they just pour the knowledge and skills into him Matrix-style and gave him some good ol' brainwashing too? That would explain so much.

• Love 1

Toby knows about A, yet thinks he can do just his job and somehow get to the bottom of everything and, what, get Ali convicted in a fair trial and save everyone? How would anyone with his history believe this after just going away to police academy?

Same way a person who has just seen her arch enemy recording her friends conversations would call her cop boyfriend to ask him why he hadn't done something totally illegal. Nobody on this show seems to learn a thing from their past mistakes. Toby's behavior is only more conspicuous because for no apparent reason other cops tolerate it, otherwise it's pretty much the same level of stupidity as the Liars, alas. I swear, if A were to text the Liars "I have put a bomb in an abandoned factory full of creepy dolls. I dare you to go and see if it will explode" they will totally go and if the bomb fails to go off they will trip over each other trying to "accidentally" set it off. I mean, not only even a complete idiot would have been wary of A's all-seeing eyes and ears by now, but one of the Liars is dating a guy had put cameras everywhere (for research purposes, mind you), another a hacker and a third a police officer. Can't one of these seven people freaking realize that until they get rid of this surveillance they will never be at all safe? Or have they all bet good money on one of them winning the Darwin Award? 

Ezra and Aria had that exact same argument about college experiences back in season one. Continuity or bad writing with plots going in circles? You decide.

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 1