Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: The Sound And The Fury

Trini
  • Start Topic

Strictly speaking, Barry and Oliver, and everyone with them, are breaking the law on a daily basis too, even if they are working with the cops. From a certain standpoint no one on either show has a very solid legal leg to stand on.

• Love 2

I think it's funny how many people are up in arms about the illegal prison. The writers clearly didn't think it through but I don't think we're supposed to be worried that they don't have a restroom etc etc. Just imagine that they are being properly cared for. 

• Love 1

I think it's funny how many people are up in arms about the illegal prison. The writers clearly didn't think it through but I don't think we're supposed to be worried that they don't have a restroom etc etc. Just imagine that they are being properly cared for.

Im not as worried about moral implications as the details like restrooms, food and cleaning of cells! Did they redesign the thing with multiple little cells? They trap people in cells in the front and then we never see them again. How many cells does this thing have? What is the layout? I doubt they could sketch it and I doubt they thought it through at all.

I think the particle accelerator is quite large so there is probably a lot of room, and I envision the individual cells being on some sort of rotating system so they can call up whichever one they want at a given moment.

• Love 1

I get that the opening voice over is inspired by Arrow, but I wish they'd drop it. I don't think they need it. At least I'm still enjoying the show, unlike Arrow this season.

I think it's also inspired by the Flash comics.  Not sure if they still do this, but for the longest time, every issue started off with some spiel with "My name is Wally West* and I am the fastest man alive".

* I assume they also did this with the Barry Allen version

The whole silly thing with the chess stuff reminded me of Glark pointing this stuff out over on a West Wing recap ages ago:

Glark, what's a metaphor? I'm glad you asked. Webster's defines metaphor thus:

[...]

What's a Lazy Metaphor, Glark? I'm also glad you asked that. Webster's defines lazy metaphor as such:

Lay-zee Met"a*phor, n. Using the game of chess to illustrate strategic maneuvers or complex relationships between two antagonists.

I rolled my eyes so hard at everything about Iris' new job. The first minutes of her first day on the job are at the staff meeting? It's a newspaper office in 2015 and it looks 20x swankier than Newsradio?  And why was that Mason guy such a dick?  I guess that part was plausible but it was unpleasant to watch.

• Love 1

Please don't have iris start talking about how she has gumption. Or spunk. Even in response to proovcation, I groaned at that line.

Reminds me of the first episode (I think) of the Mary Tyler Moore show.   Mary's interviewing with Lou Grant.   He sizes her up from across her desk and says.  "You've got spunk.   I hate spunk!"