Type keyword(s) to search

"I'll give you two guesses, one of them is wrong" The Trivia Thread!

Okay, this is one that requires you to have been one of those obsessed fans posting on atxf or the AOL boards back in the day (or, I suppose, to have read this bit of trivia somewhere):

In addition to Agent Leyla Harrison, there were several other in-show nods to prolific online fans, most often in seasons two and three when XF was one of the few shows to have rabid fans on the burgeoning internet.  Name any one example from that time period.  You don’t have to come up with the fan's name, a description will suffice (e.g. The X in Y episode was named after a fan).

• Love 1

That's a new one to me.  It's kind of funny they named him after a fan, only to kill him off.  I wonder if his real name (Kenneth ... Soona, or something?) was also a nod to someone.

The ones I was thinking of were:

- In DPO, we see the credits on a music video Darren is watching, and the title, album, director, etc. are all taken from fan names

- Two or three characters in DHDV are named for online fans

- The reporter in WoTC is named after a fan (she won a trivia contest in which having a character named after you was the prize)

And, of course, the Gunmen planning to spend their evening on the 'net nitpicking the scientific inaccuracies of Earth 2 in One Breath was a nod to the online fandom in general. 

You're up, M.F. Luder.

Bud was watching Harsh Realm in Sein und Zeit.

Scully was apparently watching the Home Shopping Network when she fell asleep in Beyond the Sea, does that count? 

Mulder was watching World's Deadliest Swarms in Chinga.

Gibson was watching The Simpsons in The End.

I hadn't remembered any of those except The Simpsons. I guess they watched TV more than I remember. The ones I remembered were The Simpsons and King of the Hill in The End, Eek the Cat in Eve, and the show that Scully is watching at the end of Clyde Bruckman where 2 guys have skeleton bodies. Just looked it up and found it's called Laurel and Hardy and it's actually a movie.

Anyway, you're up!

• Love 1

Yeah, it was Morgan and Wong's last episode before going off to do their new show (Space: Above and Beyond).  Thus the gag reel reading:  "Goodbye, it's been nice using you to get our own show.  Fuck off, the Wongs." 

• Love 1

Hee, mine too Bastet.

I think they also referred to him as some sort of wise man, or holy man, or keeper of the truth, or something... in The Truth.  I can't be bothered to look it up though.

Mindy, take the next one!  You listed the most.

Heh; I resisted (initially, anyway) answering the DHDV question because I wasn't in the mood to put up a question of my own, but since I had a weird dream about one of these scenes last night that put the topic in my mind, I'll go ahead and do one for you this time:

Name five instances in which we see Mulder and Scully hug.

(edited)

Let's see how many I can do off the top of my head......

Irresistible, after Scully is found at Donnie Pfaster's house

The Truth, when Scully and Skinner visit Mulder (as himself, not acting cray cray) in prison

The Pilot, when Scully is relieved that the three bumps are just mosquito bites

The Truth again, when Scully tells Mulder that she gave William up for adoption

Tunguska, when Mulder busts into the court room.  He's glad he can put both arms around her again, aww.

Editing because I'm not actually sure they hug in that first one I mentioned from The Truth.  So....

Memento Mori, after Penny Northern has died  *snifffff*

Edited by Taryn74

Here's some more:

At the end of Paper Hearts, Scully gives Mulder a side-hug.

At least one scene in Arcadia. They're posing as the Petrie couple and Mulder uses this as an opportunity to hug her while they sit on the couch.

I don't remember the episode name, but they hug while Scully's in a hospital room. I think it's after her sister died.

Scully hugs Mulder after she comes back to life in Milagro.

In Detour, Scully holds Mulder in a hug-like embrace.

(edited)

I've only seen parts of The Truth and can barely remember them, so you can get any of those past me.  :-)  Taryn, you're up.

My dream was about the Herrenvolk hug in Mrs. Mulder's hospital room, in which I am so horribly distracted by how awkward their height difference makes that kind of hug I can't even concentrate.

That Paper Hearts hug is one of my favorites.

I don't remember the episode name, but they hug while Scully's in a hospital room. I think it's after her sister died.

Yes, Paper Clip.

Also in the final scene of The End, in Demons after Mulder shoots at the wall (or something) rather than at Scully (sort of; she's kind of holding him or something I have a vague picture of in my head), and probably a few more I can't think of.

Edited by Bastet

Just remembering these scenes makes me all ooey-gooey!

Going with a fairly easy one because my daughter has been sick today and it's been a long day...

Who was Scully going to give her cross necklace to in One Breath?

Just remembering these scenes makes me all ooey-gooey!

Deferring to others on the question because I'm feeling lazy again and don't want to put up a new one, but YES to getting "the feels" from thinking of the hug scenes.  M&S are like something out of a Production Code movie, where - this time thanks to CC being the reincarnation of a Victorian prude rather than Joe Breen being a fundamentalist loon capitalizing on fears of government censorship - we're denied seeing all but the barest of touches, yet because of the chemistry between the actors and the development of the characters, the heat comes through in spite of the repression.  It gets outright ridiculous as the series goes on, but for a time it's really something to behold.

• Love 2

There was the hug in FTF too.  Right before that small winged creature that shall not be named....

And then that scene when in Sein und Zeit where Mulder breaks down over his mother's death in his apartment and Scully holds him.

And that sorta hug Scully gives Mulder after the office burns (The End), and the Per Manum hug.

An impossible task would be trying to identify all of the hair brushing, random face touching/caressing over the years.  lol  

• Love 1

In addition to Agent Leyla Harrison, there were several other in-show nods to prolific online fans, most often in seasons two and three when XF was one of the few shows to have rabid fans on the burgeoning internet.  Name any one example from that time period.  You don’t have to come up with the fan's name, a description will suffice (e.g. The X in Y episode was named after a fan).

Weren't some of the names in the Anasazi files fans' names? Or am I thinking of something else? I remember them appearing on a list on a computer screen for sure. Damn my swiss cheese brain!

My Latin is dreadful (which sucks considering the fact I am in law school) but I'll take a crack.

Tempus Fugit

Sanguinarium

Memento Mori

Excelsius Dei

Via Negativa

Per Manum

Daemonicus

There are a couple of others that look like they could be Latin as well.

• Love 1