Type keyword(s) to search

"I'll give you two guesses, one of them is wrong" The Trivia Thread!

Taryn beat you to it, Queequeg.

As for the Jodie Foster line, it's Payless.

Next question:

We're used to the myriad ways 10/13 is worked into the show as a nod to CC's birthday.  In the pilot, CC's birthdate is alluded to in another way.  What is it?

Edited by Bastet

No to Bellefleur -- that was a twist on his hometown of Bellflower, yes, but that's not about his birthdate.

I think no to the Pentagon door, but now I have to double check.  That's not what I was thinking of, but maybe that alludes to his birthdate and I didn't realize.  I'll be back ...

... I'm back (you've got to be a little impressed I had the self control to just go directly to that scene rather than watching the whole thing) and, no, there's nothing alluding to CC's birthdate in the Pentagon scene.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 2

I'm thinking it may have been the readout on the clock at some point.  Checking screencaps now....

Okay, the time on Scully's clock changes from 11:21 to 11:22 when Mulder calls her at the end (and she firmly tells him she'll talk to him tomorrow....LOL.....) is that it?  Maybe referring to the time of day when CC was born?

It doesn't look like anyone is going to get this one, so let's move on.

The autopsy of whatever they pulled out of Ray Soames' grave begins at 10:56, alluding to CC's birthdate of 10/13/56. 

Next up:

In Wetwired, the signal emitted by the cable device causes delusions based on people’s greatest fears.  For each of those who commit a crime while in the grips of those delusions, who do they think they’re attacking and who do they actually attack?

We’ll leave Scully out because we all know that part.  But how about the rest:

Joseph Patnik (five victims, but we only know one)
Babysitter (we only hear about her actions, we don’t see them)
Helene Riddick

Patnick thought he was seeing some war criminal whose name i do not recall. We see him kill his wife.

The babysitter I have no clue

And Helene Riddick thought a golden retriever was a blonde having an affair with her husband out in the hammock.

I never noticed the 10:56 during the autopsy.  Wow.

Yeah, the babysitter is a tough one because we don't see it, we just hear Mulder tell Scully about it.  It's at the beginning, when he's telling her that Patnick thought he was killing someone else; he says it's similar to another incident in the neighborhood, and then briefly describes what a babysitter did.

You got everything right on Patnick (I don't remember the war criminal's name, either, just that he was called a "modern-day Hitler" and both of Patnick's parents were Holocaust survivors).

Who did Helene Riddick actually kill?

Ok...name 3 actors who portrayed different characters in 2 different episodes, along with the episodes and the characters' names. And just to make it more difficult - Nick Lea playing Krycek and the guy in Genderbender doesn't count.

Does Terry O'Quinn count?  He played one character (don't know the name) in "Aubrey" and then played SAC Michaud in Fight the Future.  But that's one episode and the movie, so I don't know if you're counting it.  But he's the only one who came to mind right off the bat.

Wait!  He was in another episode, wasn't he?  In season nine (which I didn't watch)?  

Still, I haven't thought of any others yet.

Edited by smrou

Since Roland is on my mind......Kerry Sandomirsky played Tracy in Roland and Joanne (the friend down the hall) in 2Shy.

Lorena Gale played the Howard Graves Is Very Dead lady in Shadows, the nurse in One Breath, and an attorney in Elegy.

Michael Puttonen was the motel manager in Deep Throat and was in charge of the home in Elegy.

Name at least 5 recurring characters who have appeared on the show after their death.

Edited by Taryn74

Wait!  He was in another episode, wasn't he?  In season nine (which I didn't watch)?

Yep.  I didn't watch it, either, so don't ask me what episode or character, but O'Quinn showed up as Lt. Tillman in Aubrey, SAC Michaud in FTF, yet another character in a later episode, and a main character in Millennium.

Name at least 5 recurring characters who have appeared on the show after their death.

The three Gunmen, Bill Mulder, Bill Scully, Deep Throat, Samantha (I guess technically she never appeared when she was alive), Melissa Scully (her voice, anyway)

In addition to Terry O’Quinn as noted above, another actor who had already appeared in the series showed up in FTF as a different character.  Who, and what roles did he play in each?

Edited by Bastet

I don't know her name, but the actress who played little girl Samantha was in IWTB; she walks down a hall and stares at Mulder. I think there was also an actress who played a waitress in Post-Modern Prometheus and then starred in IWTB as the FBI agent victim at the start of the movie.

Oh wow, I didn't even know about the one from PMP.  She's not the one I was thinking of, but that will work!  You're up!

I was thinking of the girl who played Chastity in Rush.  She is the kidnap victim that they end up rescuing at the end in IWTB.  (They do rescue her, right?  Geesh.  It's been too long since I've watched it.)

I feel like there's even one more, but nothing is coming to me.  For some reason I have it in my head there were three playing actual roles plus Vanessa Morley's cameo, but maybe I have that wrong and she's the third.

Gary Grubbs.  He played the Sherriff in Our Town and the fire chief in FtF.

"What about my men?!"

That guy has been in just about everything.  I like him.

Ooh, I like that one.

Never Again, Drive ...

F. Emasculata, or is that just from the bloopers?

I was thinking Humbug, but the more I picture it I don't think he's wearing shades in his GQ pose.

So I may only have two.  Must ponder ...

I don't suppose those glasses he wore in First Person Shooter count?  They were definitely dark glasses, but were for the game not the sun.

(Never Again is the only other one I could think of.)

Edited by smrou

I didn't even remember the Never Again scene, but Drive is indeed one of the ones I had in mind. I didn't count the FPS glasses because I thought it would be too obvious. I just checked, and I don't think Humbug or F. Emasculata feature Mulder in sunglasses.

If it helps, one scene involves a funeral, and another involves Mulder chasing down an innocent bystander.

Okay, a third one finally came to me in a vision after I got in bed last night -- Little Green Men.

Here's one that will be easy for those with fond memories of a summer spent scouring the internet for clues:

Among the many attempts to keep secret any and all information about filming of the first movie was assigning it a code name.  What was it?

Edited by Bastet

I know one.  In Dreamland (the second one, I'm pretty sure) Morris Fletcher told The Lone Gunmen that Saddam Hussein was actually just a character played by an actor named John Gilnitz.  

That's the only one I can remember, though.  Which is frustrating, because when I'm watching and the name comes up I always notice, but now I just can't remember when that has happened.

Edited by smrou
(edited)

Oh wow. I totally pulled that out of thin air.

Name 3 episodes using the name 'John Gilnitz' and who he was in each episode.

I know one...in Leonard Betts. The guy who had his left lung "skillfully removed".

Edited by DaynaPhile

Since I was just thinking about this episode for one of my trivia questions, I know the John Gilnitz portmanteau is also used in Wetwired -- it's the name of Helene Riddick's victim (the neighbor she thought was her husband).

I'll put up another one that may require group effort:

There were nineteen taglines other than “The Truth is Out There” used over the course of the series.  Either name any ten of them or name any five along with the episodes in which they appeared.

In the Big Inning - The Unnatural

Die Wahrheit ist irgenwo da draußen - Triangle

Trust No One - The Erlenmeyer Flask (I think!)

I remember it was something Navajo for Anasazi, but hell if I can reproduce it.

Argh.  That's only 3.5.  I thought I might be able to actually get to five. And I can remember a few more of the taglines (without knowing the episodes), but not enough to get to 10. 

Edited by smrou