Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E05: It's Like A Booze Cruise With Knowledge

Oh me too. Call me Sha-NIE-NIE.

All this talk over this being the last season makes me sad. I actually still enjoy the show to it's fullest. I'll take regular people contestants or celebrity, but prefer the celebs.  So, yeah, I'll miss it.

Don't forget, while imagining this, he's using both hands to talk. Frequently palms up.

I enjoyed the regular people Apprentice, but I think Donald got burned on that idea. Even his first big winner, Bill Rancic, wasn't interested in a "real" job and migrated to reality tv. It didn't take Donald very long to figure out that the contestants just wanted to be on TV. Seems logical to just go with celebrities. 

• Love 7
I don't know what's up with Geraldo, and I don't understand what the connection is between Geraldo and Trump.  Since Day One, Geraldo has been designated Trump's sidekick, and even their knowing glances can't be ignored.

Geraldo is a correspondent on Fox News, and Trump is a big fan of that network (and/or vice versa) as he's always calling in to give his opinions on matters. So I assumed that was their connection and that Geraldo was probably going to be fairly well protected because of it. 

• Love 6

I wonder if Kate did fight back and point out that her blue monster idea was something that they were saying they might actually adopt as is for the property... if she generated an idea that they will use in the real world, even on the losing team, that should have been enough to save her.  I don't watch any of her shows, but she doesn't seem stupid, so I presume she pointed that out and they edited it out because there really wasn't a reason to fire her other than keeping the drama going.

• Love 3

Has anyone, in their life, ever known anyone with the name Ian who didn't pronounce it "Eee-in"?

I did! I grew up with a boy named Ian that was pronounced Eye-an. Having never heard the name pronounced any other way, it was normal to me until I grew older and met several "Ee-ans". I never heard of another Eye-an until Ian Ziering came along. Now it seems strange to me to pronounce it any other way than Ee-an.

• Love 2

I enjoyed the regular people Apprentice, but I think Donald got burned on that idea. Even his first big winner, Bill Rancic, wasn't interested in a "real" job and migrated to reality tv. It didn't take Donald very long to figure out that the contestants just wanted to be on TV. Seems logical to just go with celebrities. 

Bill is an accomplished businessman far beyond their reality show.  

http://www.billrancic.com/

It is all about ratings and money.  Celebrity Apprentice drew in more viewers so they stuck with that.  It isn't all about Trump, NBC is the boss on what they choose to renew and air.  

I couldn't help but pick up on the hypocrisy of Kate getting all prim and family friendly re: the Hooters Girls, when on the earlier episodes she was rockin' the push-up bra and low slung tops. For that matter she seems to feature her cleavage on a lot of her Kate Plus Eight episodes. 

I have never seen her show but, through osmosis, I know enough about it that I probably would not be a fan.  In her defense, that is not inappropriate dress for most things and far from Hooters girls on a cruise with families.

She very serious with no apparent sense of humor.  I had a soft spot for her on this show though.  

I bet they did contact the artist who did the blue monster and will use it.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

I have never seen her show but, through osmosis, I know enough about it that I probably would not be a fan.  In her defense, that is not inappropriate dress for most things and far from Hooters girls on a cruise with families.

I saw somewhere (maybe one of Don Jr.'s Tweets) that it was actually a 21+ booze cruise; I am guessing that rule was the same for both boats out of fairness. They made an exception for his own kids since he (as their father) was with them, plus connections and who-knows-who and favoritism.

• Love 2

I saw somewhere (maybe one of Don Jr.'s Tweets) that it was actually a 21+ booze cruise; I am guessing that rule was the same for both boats out of fairness. They made an exception for his own kids since he (as their father) was with them, plus connections and who-knows-who and favoritism.

I just went and looked.  Must have been Don's daughters, I saw 3 of them.  He has 5 kids!  

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1BLWB_enUS570US604&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=donald%20trump%20jr%20family

• Love 1
so I presume she pointed that out and they edited it out because there really wasn't a reason to fire her other than keeping the drama going.

And, Kassa, other than keeping the KENYA going!  Why does that woman get any TV time?  Why doesn't The Donald just make her his Celebrity Apprentice and save the other "stars" the humiliation?   I understand the pathetic idea on the part of TV executives that we need to see a villain on every reality show (don't count me in that "we"), but Kenya is ridiculous.  Vivica called her a snake in the grass; I find that offensive...to snakes. Kenya's no longer attractive--Is there anything positive about that woman?  Please enumerate!

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 3

I couldn't help but pick up on the hypocrisy of Kate getting all prim and family friendly re: the Hooters Girls, when on the earlier episodes she was rockin' the push-up bra and low slung tops.

What's not family-friendly about Hooters Girls anyway? I'll often see parents with their kids going in or out of the Hooters along a nearby highway. I don't know what the producers were thinking in trying to portray having them as a "risk" (especially in NYC). Not that it wasn't a mistake to be sexist and fail to have some attractive men there too (the female passengers felt left out, according to the summary).

Kate must not have ever watched CA to be harping on another contestant creating drama, as if Trump would think that was a bad thing. Kate sealed her fate with that argument.

• Love 2

I've never been to a Hooters restaurant but I've been to car shows, etc. where the Hooters girls have been featured and I've never found it offensive. On CA the only thing unwholesome about it, in my opinion, was Geraldo's  wink-wink- smirk-smirk attitude about it.

• Love 2

I've never been to a Hooters restaurant but I've been to car shows, etc. where the Hooters girls have been featured and I've never found it offensive. On CA the only thing unwholesome about it, in my opinion, was Geraldo's  wink-wink- smirk-smirk attitude about it.

I agree.  The name Hooters implies more than it delivers.  

• Love 2
The name Hooters implies more than it delivers.

The fact that it implies anything at all is pretty distasteful, as far as I'm concerned.  Let's put gigantic owl eyes over the waitresses' nipples, but come on in, bring the kids!  That's more distasteful to me than if they actually were a 21+ establishment and owned it. They may show less skin than a cheerleader, but the intention is obnoxious (to me), so I'd rather just see showgirls or bikini models, who can be beautiful and sexy without the pervy middle aged dad down the street staring at the minimum wage server vibe.

I never thought Eye-an would give Geraldo a run for the crazy money, but a seat closer to God was EPIC.

• Love 14

The fact that it implies anything at all is pretty distasteful, as far as I'm concerned.  Let's put gigantic owl eyes over the waitresses' nipples, but come on in, bring the kids!  That's more distasteful to me than if they actually were a 21+ establishment and owned it. They may show less skin than a cheerleader, but the intention is obnoxious (to me), so I'd rather just see showgirls or bikini models, who can be beautiful and sexy without the pervy middle aged dad down the street staring at the minimum wage server vibe.

I never thought Eye-an would give Geraldo a run for the crazy money, but a seat closer to God was EPIC.

I agree and didn't intend to lessen the stupidity of their choice.  Had they had pretty young women serving without that name it would have not been offensive.  Just another dumb idea.   

The worst thing about Hooter's is their food.

In terms of the episode, unless it was in fact billed as an adult cruise, I don't know why they were relevent.

I agree. The only relevancy is Sig's and Geraldo's philosophy that "sex sells".

• Love 1

Both of the teams came up with horrible ideas for this "cruise" challenge - although I imagine that Sig was thrilled because while it still has nothing to do with what he does - there is a boat! 

I really detest Kate.  Just detest the woman.  So I was beyond thrilled when she was "fired".   I don't even care if it was justified or not, because she just needs to get off my TV screen as soon as possible.  And she added zero to this show.  I imagine that Trump thought she'd bring a lot of viewers because so many people hate her, but she is bland as oatmeal when she doesn't have some child or husband to bash and scream at.  Trump wants drama; she didn't bring it.....goodbye Kate!

Geraldo is honestly so bizarre.  I only know him from being a journalist years ago and the big bomb that was "Al Capone's safe opening" show.  He is a poncy, entitled man that seems to think he is the best thing to come along on this show.  I am actually enjoying watching him since he is a complete doofus (either that or he is playing one very well).  Is he gay?  He definitely gives me "gaydar" pings, but then I heard them say something about his wife and kids.  Whatever.

Since Penn Jillette went off this show it is so much more boring to me!  But still.....I watch....what can I say?

I don't know what's up with Geraldo, and I don't understand what the connection is between Geraldo and Trump.  Since Day One, Geraldo has been designated Trump's sidekick, and even their knowing glances can't be ignored.  Further, it's clear that Geraldo himself considers himself King of the Ant Hill.  He is clearly untouchable, despite the list of ignorant moves he's made.

Don't set a hot microphone down anywhere near Geraldo, or he'll grab it.  He begins to pant.  His eyeballs roll up into his head, and he turns into the Blue Monster himself!  Loving the sound of his voice as he does, he launches into anything that rolls off the top of his head and, coupling it with drama, he turns a simple boat tour into a Fourth of July oration.  By the time he ends it, he's foaming at the mouth, and everyone else has been lulled to sleep.  He strides away with a self-satisfied smirk, a barrel-chested beast filled with bravado (in his mind) or baloney (in others' minds).  He doesn't care what he babbles as long as he can babble.

Will Geraldo never get fired?  I'm left with only two certainties:  1) that if I'm ever in charge of making  a commercial, Geraldo will NEVER be my song and dance man, and 2) if I ever give a water tour of New York, Geraldo will NEVER be my announcer OR my besotted bartender!

I am absolutely stumped when it comes to Geraldo, editing-wise -- he's gone past his Omarosa and Gary Busey "amusing interloper" date of freshness. His ideas often appear to be the losing ones, but the team is stuck with the fact that (as far as we can tell) nobody else comes up with any decent ideas or as in the Circle Line task, aggressively bad ideas. Is it the lack of creatives on his team? I feel like Brett Michaels, L'il John, John Rich, Penn, et al, would've steamrolled over him by now with actual creativity. But since they separated the two (I guess) "alphas"/control freaks in Ian and Geraldo, the latter has just assumed power in a vacuum. It would be curious to see how he works with Leeza -- I don't think she'd tolerate much from him.

I also find it fascinating he's never been PM on a creative task -- only fundraising. It's like he knows he can sandbag the creative from within if he's not in charge of it and nobody else is taking the lead. That's obviously by design, but it's interesting Trump lets it go on.

At this point, he's been edited to be so odious that I wonder if being a PM on a creative task will be his downfall. Because his creative is aggressively mediocre, and loses tasks more often than it wins them. Creative wasn't Piers' strong suit (and often consisted of foisting Lennox Lewis on the unsuspecting public) but I don't remember a frontrunner having no redeeming qualities except deep pockets. He's a poor leader, incapable of being a follower, he acts more like a saboteur than a collaborator, and he has minimal creativity.

It's like he's failing upwards, or winning by not losing. Wonder how long it will go on.

• Love 4

I think firing Kate was the right decision.  They all seemed to agree  there was not much time for them to all be together planning and executing the set up because of the shopping.  Kate orchestrated that.  There is no good reason to send half your team shopping for that long especially when they are at odds. 

There's no reason except... it's in the rules that you HAVE to.  The rules of Apprentice have always been that you can't send a single person off on their own, and that you can't operate with more than 2 sub-teams (including wherever the PM is as one of those).  So if you have a team of 4 people, you HAVE to split it 2 and 2 to do anything in more than one location, or a team of 5, split in 3 and 2.  The only flexibility you get is that I think when you are 6 people or above you can make the subteams larger, of course (as long as there are still only two of them).

As for the "at odds" thing... the problem is that Kenya is inherently at odds with every single other person on the show. She will be the enemy of ANYONE you send her with--posturing and positioning will start the moment they walk out the door, and I bet a dirty trick or two to make both the partner you send with her, as well as the PM who sent her out, look bad eventually.  The other strategy might be to keep her close if you are the PM, but really she'll be doing the same thing--laying little sabotage bombs the whole time, and I can certainly see the idea of getting her away from the main location might SEEM safer, because then she'll have less direct knowledge of events to use and could slip up trying to indict you on something she didn't see herself.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 2

The fact that it implies anything at all is pretty distasteful, as far as I'm concerned.  Let's put gigantic owl eyes over the waitresses' nipples, but come on in, bring the kids!  That's more distasteful to me than if they actually were a 21+ establishment and owned it. 

THIS.

I taught my kids to recognize sexism by reversing the genders and seeing if the result seems ridiculous. So let's put male servers in speedos and call the place "Peckers" (you know, with a woodpecker as the mascot! It's just a bird! It's fun!). Hot dog, anyone? 

When they were talking in the boardroom about how the concept of Hooters could be a mistake if "wives" were there, I wanted to throw up. Really? Insecure wives are the only people who would be turned off by this? Ok...

• Love 9

I agree... especially vs Trump, the "orange-a-tan". I'm convinced he and Boehner are sharing the same bottle of Q-T. (that's a reference for the old folks)

OMG - I'm having a flashback to girls who used QT on their faces in high school.  Big mistake .. HUUUGE  ;-)

• Love 4

I just watched the latest episode and I'm still utterly horrified for Kenya. Did she actually think that song was good? She truly is a vile human being. I have never watched a housewives show but seen enough on social media to know about Brandi and some of the disgusting things she's says, but shes being a tad more subtle in her hateful attitude.

Eye-an yikes this guy! A seat closer to God......I just can't....

I'm rooting for Leeza. She seems relatively normal. There is nothing I can say about Geraldo that hasn't already been covered here. Unreal.

• Love 1

My favorite part of this episode was the woman who has no problem asking a dinner host if he's making a "fingerbanging" gesture and other atrocities on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills is suddenly acting like she couldn't believe Kenya's lack of decorum and her shocking dance!

• Love 4

I think Kenya is a vile  human being. I feel that she is very insecure about her life and that is why she always needs an outlet to unleash her venom. I think that she is also bitter about the fact that she never parlayed her pageant win into something more lucrative like Vanessa Williams did with hers..Her disgusting performance on the boat was a demonstration of that; she craves the adoration, the money, the spotlight that others with more talent have...She was over the moon when Beyonce used her gone with the wind fabulous shtick in her performances. I cringed when Beyonce did that, because it gave her validation.  Kenya is just a nasty person.....She is constantly putting others down to feel good about herself..I love the fact that Vivica lets her know that she cannot intimidate her..Vivica is a strong Black woman without being ghetto. She can cut a bitch, but she knows when it  is appropriate...She can put Kenya in her place  without looking bad.That is what Nene in the real housewives has  been unable to do , because she is woefully inarticulate and is unable to keep her temper in check..Whereas, Vivica can do that...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Eric's reaction and the probable reaction of Don Jr. are the reason why I can't hate Trump Sr. to the level most do. Clearly they have a sense of humor, they got it somewhere and their mom isn't a barrel of laughs. I think the private Trump Sr is a very different person than we see. Regardless of his marital track record, he must have been a very good father to all his kids, with equal credit to their mother. I've never read one negative word about them. Never saw a story about them acting up in public, acting superior to others, being rude or disrespectful of anyone. No DUIs or drug arrests or illegitmate kids. The kids clearly respect their dad and seem to really LIKE him. I suspect most of that pomposity Donald Sr. puts out is strictly part of the persona he's trying to project. Not sure why he WANTS to have that persona, but I think within the 4 walls of their home he is very different.

I remember reading an article awhile ago and Don Jr. gave the credit to his grandparents for how they turned out. Apparently Ivana's father did most of the typical father duties. Don Jr. mentioned during the whole divorce he didn't talk to his father for a year.

• Love 2

I remember reading an article awhile ago and Don Jr. gave the credit to his grandparents for how they turned out. Apparently Ivana's father did most of the typical father duties. Don Jr. mentioned during the whole divorce he didn't talk to his father for a year.

Ivana, also, despite what most people would tend to think, is apparently a good mother.  Donald's main contribution, among all his other personal stupidity, was to not get in the way overmuch of her parenting.

• Love 2