Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E05: It's Like A Booze Cruise With Knowledge

Most of the remaining people are ridiculous, for which I am most grateful;

I know! I do not believe that in real life Geraldo is that self-centered, Eye-on is that pompous and Kenya and is that crazy (OK, maybe the last one is true). These people are playing characters to create drama that was all worked out in advance, to make the show appeal to people who like that kind of thing (which is most people, at least those who watch reality TV).

They need to drop the whole "if the team loses, the default firing is the project manager" rule. It self-selects too early, and gives people an out who don't want to be there. Instead, the intrepid Trump needs to ask questions to zero in on the (or a ) problem, and link the problem to the team member.

• Love 3
Those comments were also fairly misogynistic, IMO. The "girls" are tough to manage? What the hell about Geraldo? He's been hell to handle in every single task, and has been a big part of why they fail - because he steamrolls, and the PMs don't reign him in. Then they lose the creative and he skates the fuck off.

Ugh, gross isn't it?  Trump doesn't even try to hide his sexist crap OR his love for Geraldo; even when they were focusing on Geraldo's 'polarizing' political BS, Trump laughs it off 'nah...not Geraldo!'  then later 'Geraldo's terrific, so ambitious...blah blah slobbercakes'.  The worst part of it is, each week, it's so easy to determine who will leave at the top of the hour - non-buddies, least famous, and least clownish people are his low-hanging fruit.  Damon is damn lucky his team won.

Yes to all of this!! I think it's also disgusting the way he makes the women comment on each other's looks. Last night he asked Vivica if Kenya was attractive or beautiful. He would never ask Ian if Geraldo is attractive or handsome.

Kenya said that she should have been in charge of the design for the second task because she "builds sets all the time". For what?!?!?! Her production company doesn't seem to be real. So these sets are really just for plays she performs for herself and possibly members in her living room, right? Oh and the horrid Gone with The Wind Fabulous music video that I just watched. I'm proud of my bravery on that one.

• Love 3

Kenya brings the LOLs!

First, her spoken-word anthemic "song" and then her shameless ass-kissing: "I truly believe that you are the First Family of America." I loved the contrast between Eric cracking up with the rest of us and Trump looking all: "Hmm...I think you're right, Kenya."

I like that Eric so easily called Trump "Dad." Ivanka, at least in the boardroom, always says the formal "my father" so it stood out for me. But I do understand why she does that: as a man in the Trump organization, he doesn't have to try as hard as Ivanka to be taken seriously.

I like the Brandi from this show, at least. I don't watch Housewives anything.

It sucks that Geraldo is exempt from any wrongdoing the way Joan was for her season. He has a comfort around the Trumps that the others don't. He clearly has a relationship with them outside of the show, just like Joan did.

I don't miss Carolyn because she became so smug and nasty, but I do miss her expressions when she disagreed with Trump instead of his kids who are just parrots. He used to ask George & Carolyn: Who do you think I should fire? There's no need to bother with that now.

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 7

Ian and his comment about getting a seat closer to God was something else. There was this weird pause after he said that in the talking head that I wouldn't be surprised if whoever else was there was taken aback.

Kenya sure loves stroking Trump's ego especially with that comment about the Trumps being "the first family of America," lol. Kate was the project manager but I thought Kenya should've been fired. I knew she wouldn't be fired though because her drama with Vivica is ratings gold for Trump.

God, I almost  choked at that ridicullous comment. Sad thing is  the idiot so believes it himself he doesn't see the blatant ass kissing the rest of us have.

I have to say, as a long time Howives watcher, Kenya has never bothered me as much as she has some people. Maybe because I hated the chick she got into the smack down with (Porsha) or maybe because. really, I just find the rest of the women on that show so awful that I never really got was all the fuss was about her. She seemed no worse than most of them and at least moderately intelligent, unlike several of them.   

That said, I am totally hating her on this show. I didn' t want to. There is not another celebrity I hate more that Brandi the Skank, so I haven't minded Kenya going after her on this show one bit. However, the rest of her behavior has really been awful. She is a pompous bitch.  Or maybe I just can't that she is so sucking up to that troll Trump. 

Has anyone ever tested DNA on the three Trump kids? I realize there is a physical resemblance but, so far, that seems to be it. They all actually seem to be fairly decent human beings which makes it really hard to believe that the troll fathered them. Must have been Ivanka's genes.

Geraldo is an idiot. I guess I have  always known that, but it is just so out there now.  

Leeza is the only one that deserves to win.

While pointing out the new World Trade Center building, he went into a Fox News frenzy and yelled, "Screw the terrorists, we've won!".

Yes, because nothing says "Party" like invoking the memory of 9/11.

Geraldo is an idiot.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 6

Kenya brings the LOLs!

First, her spoken-word anthemic "song" and then her shameless ass-kissing: "I truly believe that you are the First Family of America." I loved the contrast between Eric cracking up with the rest of us and Trump looking all: "Hmm...I think you're right, Kenya."

I like that Eric so easily called Trump "Dad." Ivanka, at least in the boardroom, always says the formal "my father" so it stood out for me. But I do understand why she does that: as a man in the Trump organization, he doesn't have to try as hard as Ivanka to be taken seriously.

I like the Brandi from this show, at least. I don't watch Housewives anything.

It sucks that Geraldo is exempt from any wrongdoing the way Joan was for her season. He has a comfort around the Trumps that the others don't. He clearly has a relationship with them outside of the show, just like Joan did.

I don't miss Carolyn because she became so smug and nasty, but I do miss her expressions when she disagreed with Trump instead of his kids who are just parrots. He used to ask George & Carolyn: Who do you think I should fire? There's no need to bother with that now.

I agree with every word!    clap clap clap clap

• Love 1

Kenya wrote it in response for the grief she gets from her co-hos on Real Housewives of Atlanta.  Yes, she's hated in Atlanta, too.

I'm always interested in hearing what people who don't watch the RHs think about the Hos when they appear on Celebrity Apprentice.  I would imagine it's a whole lotta WTF.

I watch the Ho's and WTF is still pretty much what I think when they are on C.A.

• Love 5

Ha! The "first Family of America"  is currently the Obamas.   It's especially pertinent in light of Trump's more recent statements that he could have beaten Obama in a past  election, and his hints that he might run in 2016.   He really does think of himself as worthy of being president, doesn't he?  Was Kenya saying he should have been president?   I recall a previous season when Trump actually asked contestants if they thought he should run for president, and if they would vote for him.   I recall Meatloaf being an enthusiastic supporter. 

Interesting side note that it was KENYA who said this, since Trump has accuse Obama of actually being born in KENYA.

• Love 3

Ian has inspired me to change the pronunciation of my name from "Greg" to "Grrrr-EGG" with two syllables. I'm going to take the time to correct everyone who mispronounces it every chance I get. I'm also going to anticipate that people will find it endearing.

You better come up with something that's going to get you closer to God while you're at it. :)

• Love 5

Kenya said that she should have been in charge of the design for the second task because she "builds sets all the time". For what?!?!?! Her production company doesn't seem to be real.

Moore Vision Media was founded in 2008, and it does exist. I even drove by the office location in L.A. once to be sure.

• Love 1
Also, with the task being on a boat, that Sig should win easy and if he loses, because it was on a boat, it is an automatic he should be fired because it was such a sure thing for him because it was on a boat and he is a boat captain and it was on a boat or a ship or whatever those other inferior people call them who aren't as important as me.  So linear in his thinking.

It falls right in line with Sig's weekly "that's a chick task" dismissal of all the projects. No, most of them weren't. They were about sales and marketing, period.

Good thing Brandi pulled out the win. Otherwise we may have been treated to her asking if she "needed to eat Ivanka's p***y" in order to please them. And hearing that from her on television once in a lifetime is one time too many already. More grossness: "Could you give him some money too, please?" in that fake baby voice she puts on. What a suck up (no pun intended.)

Sorry that I clicked on a Sig-referenced spoiler only to find a Brandi-centric one. No wonder she's getting the good edit. And she most certainly is, because anyone who has spent half a season watching this chick knows she cannot NOT be inappropriate for a single hour, never mind days/weeks at a time. Not on a show, not at a dinner party with Babyface as the honored guest, not on her podcast, not even on her Twitter.

Golf and no Carolyn? Seems wrong, somehow. But I'm missing her more fondly in the rear view mirror, I think.

I hate Donald Trump and myself by extension for watching his fecking show.

So ... same time next week? Sigh.

Edited by SnarkKitty
  • Love 7

I hope the sons didn't get Ivanka's DNA, as she is their sister! (Ivana is Mom.)

As Nina Garcia would say "no woman wants to look bigger in that area".
Oh, but that was during the B.K. Era: Before Kardashian.

You may pronounce my name as "Len-EYE."

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 4

IMO I think eeon desires his own ministry show, where he can preach his nonsense, hoping people will sing his praises instead they will be in snooze land.  Such an ego.   Kenya was bursting at the seams to be able to show her singing-less talent, and wanted any theme to be able to sing and dance around like a lunatic. I think she thought the dry humping at the end gave it some flavor, not noticing that that poor little girl will now have nightmares. 

• Love 4

Such a funny episode, so many laugh out loud -moments.

Ian talks like he's living in a B-class movie with his "man on a mission" -spiel and he sounds like he's using his Batman-voice constantly. In a way it cracks me up but it also is really really scary to think that he's probably being serious, and he really seemed to be sincere and holding back tears while talking about getting closer to god. In the first episode he said something about his "experience in fighting sharks" helping him on Apprentice. Back then I thought that he was being self-deprecating or saying it tongue-in-cheek, but I'm really starting to wonder if he was actually being serious. Dude, you starred in Sharknado. You did not ACTUALLY fight sharks. No one is going to take you seriously.

• Love 5

I started laughing about three minutes in, when Geraldo's first comment for the Circle Line challenge was:  "The advantage we have is that I'm very familiar with this."

I'm just devastated that someone finally managed to reel the guy in.  Being trapped on a boat with Revolutionary War soldiers, tattered babushka immigrants, firemen, cops, Rudy Giuliani, a bevy of Hooter girls and Geraldo Rivera screaming "SCREW THE TERRORISTS"--that's like the best acid trip evah.  Plus, if you tried to look away and re-establish, there's the Coast Guard, laughing and waving at you.

I was surprised that Kate didn't get fired because of her ability to treat Geraldo like a child and thus exert control. Trump must not have found out about it until after he had already fired Sig. Then it became Kate's turn to get fired. The fix was in. (I'm not a Kate fan by any means, this is just how I saw it.)

• Love 1

Word. Who knew that I'd be thinking, "Wow, Kate got screwed on that one," when her firing finally happened. 

I have been on the Vivica Hate Train up until tonight, but holy shit.....Kenya. Delusional. I also laughed out loud at that ridiculous "First Family of America" crap. I WISH they had shown Don Junior's reaction. He probably lost his shit and they couldn't show it. Eric's was good, because he immediately grinned, but it wasn't a "why, thank you" grin. It was a "I can't believe you really went there," grin.

I'm trying to imagine Ivanka's reaction, had she been there. I'm thinking, eyebrows arched and a "bitch please" stare. Maybe even a slight eye roll.

Eric's reaction and the probable reaction of Don Jr. are the reason why I can't hate Trump Sr. to the level most do. Clearly they have a sense of humor, they got it somewhere and their mom isn't a barrel of laughs. I think the private Trump Sr is a very different person than we see. Regardless of his marital track record, he must have been a very good father to all his kids, with equal credit to their mother. I've never read one negative word about them. Never saw a story about them acting up in public, acting superior to others, being rude or disrespectful of anyone. No DUIs or drug arrests or illegitmate kids. The kids clearly respect their dad and seem to really LIKE him. I suspect most of that pomposity Donald Sr. puts out is strictly part of the persona he's trying to project. Not sure why he WANTS to have that persona, but I think within the 4 walls of their home he is very different.
  • Love 13

Has anyone, in their life, ever known anyone with the name Ian who didn't pronounce it "Eee-in"? I haven't known that many guys with the name, but had never heard of it being pronounced that way before 90210 and he became famous. He really needs to quit getting his panties in a wad about that since it's not the normal way the name is pronounced. But I guess he thinks he's such an A-lister that everyone should know this already.

If there was a contest for batshit crazy Eye-un and Geraldo could battle to the death.

Kate couldn't see her firing coming...seriously??? Trump needs more of the Vivica/Kenya drama. 

• Love 2

I quit watching a couple of years ago because it was so boring and because Trump is becoming increasingly hard to tolerate, but then one night I was changing channels and became fascinated with Ian and Geraldo competing to be the biggest douche. Now I'm annoyed with myself for getting sucked back into this stupid show, but even more annoyed because I've only been watching the second episode each week, thus missing Kenya humping the floor. But, you know, luxuriously.

A golf challenge and we have no Carolyn no more.  She was smart enough to see the glass ceiling DT had put over her head and Ivanka needed to be brought into the TV show.  This ep would have been soooo much better if Carolyn, who ran Trump golf courses a decade ago, were still with Trump. ... Oh well, at least I got to remember the classy Carolyn tonight and her gutsy decision to get the heck out of Trump, Inc.  

Didn't Trump fire Carolyn? That's how I remember it anyway. It was after she wrote a book and started making personal appearances and he said something along the lines of, "her ego is getting out of control." Which ... I mean, has Donald met Donald?

Yes to all of this!! I think it's also disgusting the way he makes the women comment on each other's looks. Last night he asked Vivica if Kenya was attractive or beautiful. He would never ask Ian if Geraldo is attractive or handsome.

Oh, I think he might. Then after Ian demurred, Donald would say, "Well, that's okay. You don't have to think he's handsome. I think he's handsome. I'm not a homosexual, but you're an attractive guy, Geraldo." Donald never likes to miss an opportunity to announce that he's not gay.

• Love 13

They need to drop the whole "if the team loses, the default firing is the project manager" rule. It self-selects too early, and gives people an out who don't want to be there. Instead, the intrepid Trump needs to ask questions to zero in on the (or a ) problem, and link the problem to the team member.

I agree.  It's the number one reason this is not must-see-TV for me.  It used to be fun to watch The Apprentice with my husband who is a businessman and pick apart what each team member had done right or wrong.  Lots of times those were applicable to his work life and mine.  Now, knowing that the hammer usually falls on the project manager's head, neither one of us cares.  If Geraldo wasn't a celeb and had been on The Apprentice, he wouldn't have made it past the first challenge.

Eric's reaction and the probable reaction of Don Jr. are the reason why I can't hate Trump Sr. to the level most do.

I feel the same.  He does a lot of things wrong but he does a lot of things right.  In regards to his kids, I appreciate that he didn't parade them around like circus monkeys very often when they were little. And I like powerful men.  If he were better looking, I'd probably crush on him.  Showing myself out now.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 3

Didn't Trump fire Carolyn? That's how I remember it anyway. It was after she wrote a book and started making personal appearances and he said something along the lines of, "her ego is getting out of control." Which ... I mean, has Donald met Donald?

This is what I remember.  

• Love 3

I think Kenya set out to sabotage Kate from the get-go.  Kate showed a good deal of shrewdness in handling people in the previous task, but I think she had not quite understood the depth of Kenya's spiteful chicanery and thought having her out of the way would be sufficient.  Kenya saw the chance to completely pull the rug out and then blame Kate for the bare floor.  

• Love 2

First of all, it's pronounced "eye-an's eye-go", not ee-go! lol

Kenya's pronouncement of the Trumps being America's First Family was really funny, but reminded me of a contestant on the "regular" version of The Apprentice several years ago. This guy was also a kiss-up, and at one point in a talking head interview, he said that the Trump brand was all about "wealth, luxury, and sexual prowess". !?!?! I howled with laughter. A little later in the show, during the boardroom, he said the same thing to Mr. Trump, who nodded, laughed, and said, "Yeah, and if you don't have the third one, the first two don't matter!"

One of my favorite moments of this show. :)

• Love 5

One thing that cracks me up is how devastated Kate seemed to be at the firing (a little schadenfreude, I can't stand her and think she purposefully had those kids because the McCaugheys were in the news at the time and she wanted to be famous too.)  It seems that the sadness with which people are fired is in inverse proportion to whether they have something constructive and meaningful going on in their lives other than famewhoring. Gilbert practically skipped and whistled out of the boardroom. In fact, I don't think any of the fired contestants so far have shown the stricken sadness that Kate displayed.

• Love 6

Has anyone, in their life, ever known anyone with the name Ian who didn't pronounce it "Eee-in"? I haven't known that many guys with the name, but had never heard of it being pronounced that way before 90210 and he became famous. He really needs to quit getting his panties in a wad about that since it's not the normal way the name is pronounced. But I guess he thinks he's such an A-lister that everyone should know this already.

If there was a contest for batshit crazy Eye-un and Geraldo could battle to the death.

Kate couldn't see her firing coming...seriously??? Trump needs more of the Vivica/Kenya drama. 

I think I-on is a I-lister?          Does he have a son? Eyeore maybe?

• Love 6

The song won't make sense (if "sense" is the right word) to anyone who doesn't watch her on Real Housewives. It was actually a parody making fun of the other women on the show. The video she did explains it better than I could, in as far as who she is pretending to be when she says different lyrics. The Gone With The Wind part stems from a trip they made somewhere, she got into an argument with Porsha Stewart, and she said "I'm just going to twirl on outta here because I'm fabulous! Gone With The Wind fabulous!"

Beyonce must watch the show because she uses the phrase and the twirl in her shows sometimes.

I think Beyonce may only have watched the show because Kenya was comparing herself to Queen Bee in several interviews and talking head commentaries....ummm...Kenya - get a clue - YOU are not even close!!! 

• Love 3

I feel like NBC is regretting renewing this show and is pushing it through as quickly as possible.  Four episodes left! Three episodes left!  Let's eliminate two every week! We don't like these people either!

I took note that Kate got her roots done before this episode. Most notable when she was in the board room and her hair was tight.

Yeah, I thought it was weird that the top of her head was sort of stiff-looking but the rest of her hair actually looked quite nice (I attributed it to extensions at the time. I wouldn't be surprised if there were extensions in it.)

The Gone With The Wind part stems from a trip they made somewhere, she got into an argument with Porsha Stewart, and she said "I'm just going to twirl on outta here because I'm fabulous! Gone With The Wind fabulous!"

Yeah, because the antebellum and Civil War South was so great for black women. What are they (Kenya and Beyonce) thinking?

I feel like NBC is regretting renewing this show and is pushing it through as quickly as possible.  Four episodes left! Three episodes left!  Let's eliminate two every week! We don't like these people either!

I think it's a safe bet this is the last we see of the Celebrity Apprentice. At some point NBC wanted to limit its association with Trump. (I wonder what the last straw was. I mean, the guy was accusing the president of not being American a few years ago.) What surprises me is that they didn't burn off this stuff in the summer.  I wonder if they never wanted to show this, but there was some contractual obligation to do so.

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 8

Shockingly, I didn't really hate Kate here.  I was fairly impressed with her knowing how to successfully shut Geraldo down in the first task and she was right on in terms of the Hooters waitresses.  But you know, this show is slim pickings on who to like.  I don't mind that Kate was fired really, but she was solely fired because she wasn't bringing enough drama.  Most of these people are morons, but Kenya/Vivica bring major drama.  Kate wasn't really bringing that, so of course she had to go.  I also think Kate was just hoping if she stayed silent in the boardroom and let Kenya/Vivica go at it, they would blow themselves up.  Which normally isn't a horrible strategy outside of there was no way Trump was going to let Kenya go.

So if we're stuck with Geraldo until the end, a Geraldo/Leeza F2?   Or if we manage to get rid of Geraldo then Leeza/DoucheIan.  I just don't see how Leeza won't be there.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 5

Yeah, I thought it was weird that the top of her head was sort of stiff-looking but the rest of her hair actually looked quite nice (I attributed it to extensions at the time. I wouldn't be surprised if there were extensions in it.)

Yeah, because the antebellum and Civil War South was so great for black women. What are they (Kenya and Beyonce) thinking?

I think it's a safe bet this is the last we see of the Celebrity Apprentice. At some point NBC wanted to limit its association with Trump. (I wonder what the last straw was. I mean, the guy was accusing the president of not being American a few years ago.) What surprises me is that they didn't burn off this stuff in the summer.  I wonder if they never wanted to show this, but there was some contractual obligation to do so.

Yes, I have the strong impression that this is being aired strictly because they're being forced to, not because anyone at the network actually wanted it.  If they did, it would have been on long, long ago.  I thought for sure the last season would be the very last, and I think that's what the network thought, too.  It is so out of gas, so boring, so stupid -- barely even entertaining enough to hate-watch anymore. 

• Love 2

Shockingly, I didn't really hate Kate here.  I was fairly impressed with her knowing how to successfully shut Geraldo down in the first task and she was right on in terms of the Hooters waitresses.  But you know, this show is slim pickings on who to like.  I don't mind that Kate was fired really, but she was solely fired because she wasn't bringing enough drama.  Most of these people are morons, but Kenya/Vivica bring major drama.  Kate wasn't really bringing that, so of course she had to go.  I also think Kate was just hoping if she stayed silent in the boardroom and let Kenya/Vivica go at it, they would blow themselves up.  Which normally isn't a horrible strategy outside of there was no way Trump was going to let Kenya go.

So if we're stuck with Geraldo until the end, a Geraldo/Leeza F2?  

I agree.  She is very serious and contained yet doing a good job but there was not a chance in hell Trump would keep her over Kenya.  I didn't watch any of her shows but you get enough through osmosis and seeing her on DWTS to get her.    

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

I vow that if I ever have the misfortune to meet Ian I will address him as "Eean" no matter how many times he corrects me. Just to fry his own "I" self.

I'm going to pronounce "Een" (like the guy Elaine Benis met on the street with the Nicole Miller dress guy)

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • Love 3

Yes, I have the strong impression that this is being aired strictly because they're being forced to, not because anyone at the network actually wanted it.  If they did, it would have been on long, long ago.  I thought for sure the last season would be the very last, and I think that's what the network thought, too.  It is so out of gas, so boring, so stupid -- barely even entertaining enough to hate-watch anymore. 

Yes, I don't think Networks generally show episodes of big hits back to back. Unless it's AMC and  they are showing early episodes of one of their hits like Mad Men or The Walking Dead in anticipation of a new season, but that is entirely different. This feels like "if we have to show this crap, let's just get it over with as quickly as possible". Odd though, I heard the Donald

almost won an emmy. (WTF does that even mean???)

On thing that seemed to happen for me on other seasons was there was a Celebrity I  had always disliked that I would actually end up kind of liking by watching them on C.A. It happened with John Rich, Lisa Rinna and even La Toya Jackson ( I still think she's dumber than dirt, but actually a really sweet person). 

This season, not only do I not like anyone better, I now think Eye On is a douche and I can't stand Kenya where I previously could. 

I still don't know who the hell Sig is so no change of opinion on him and I still hate Geraldo and Brandi.

Actually if I had to find one person slightly less repulsive than I previously thought it would actually have to be Kate. I still can't say I like her, but she wasn't as annoying on this as she has been on everything else I've ever seen her on.  

That, in itself, may indicate just how awful this season is.   

Edited by chlban
  • Love 3

Agree about Kate being the only one I have a better opinion of than before.  Many of these people I have never seen/heard of before (have never watched any RH, Deadliest Catch, 90210, etc.), so I had little if any clue about them and still don't care if they continue to breathe or not.  I came to loathe Kate during the "Jon & Kate" years, so it was a pleasant surprise to see how well she handled some of the huge egos she dealt with, and how well she came across overall.  

• Love 2

Where were Geraldo's pants this episode? First the shot of him with his pants undone when they were getting ready for the party on the boat and then when he was behind the bar in the hotel task he said he wasn't wearing pants.

I think I speak for everyone when I say ewwwwwwww!

• Love 3

Since I notice the weird little things, I took note that Kate got her roots done before this episode. Most notable when she was in the board room and her hair was tight.

When she left the building after getting the ax, I thought she looked just like Brandi, the too short skirt, the too short trench coat.

• Love 3

Oh me too. Call me Sha-NIE-NIE.

All this talk over this being the last season makes me sad. I actually still enjoy the show to it's fullest. I'll take regular people contestants or celebrity, but prefer the celebs.  So, yeah, I'll miss it.

I decided back in episode 1 to pretend that Geraldo is playing a Borat-like character.  If you can convince yourself to view him that way he becomes one of the funniest characters in the history of the show.  Just ignore him as an actual person and enjoy everyone else's reactions to him.

Add Trump to that list, at least the maybe side.  There has always been this conflict with him about what percentage is natural crazy and what percent is a persona.  Even the nonsense he says outside of the show gets him amazing press and when he wants to do something competent (e.g. a serious interview on a news channel) he reins that in.  His kids are an argument for the latter. The all seem reasonably competent with Ivanka and Don often picking up on specific things the competitors say and throwing it back at them.  If he was really that crazy all the time at least some of it would have rubbed off.

Also for the contestants I try to always remember in every talking head that we never hear the question.  They ask "What are you better than everyone else at?" The person answers "I think I'm more creative than everyone else."  Then they show just that statement and cut to him/her doing the opposite.  Which obviously does not excuse everything they do. But TH are always out of character.

He does this every season. Post-show interviews from contestants say that each boardroom has like 2 hours of unused footage and Trump often talks politics during off-camera moments.  Which to his credit I think he separates from the actual decisions. Piers Morgan certainly wouldn't have won if "President Trump Supporter" was a criteria.  But just imagine what a ridiculous experience that is being asked if you think he should run for President while trying to kiss his ass and stay on the show at the same time.

You have to be careful with that tactic.  I imagine it going down like this:

Kate: You should fire Geraldo for the stuff he said.

Trump: What did he say?

Kate: During the tour he was saying stuff like "Screw the terrorists." and ...

Trump: You want me to fire him for saying "screw the terrorists"?

Kate: Well it's just that ...

Trump: Do you like terrorists?

Kate: No, I ...

Trump: Because me personally, I hate terrorists.  I don't know, maybe that's a controversial opinion. But me, I think they're bad. What do you guys think?

Everyone: [Nods.]

Don't forget, while imagining this, he's using both hands to talk. Frequently palms up.

• Love 2

Are we sure this is the last season? The show does raise money for charity, so I imagine it's all a big write-off. As long as Donald can find celebrities willing to do it, I could see it going on.

I, too, recall that Donald fired Carolyn. I vaguely recall it took her by surprise, too. She thought she was golden.

I feel like NBC is running the two-hour block because they have something lined up for that time slot. Do we know the spring schedule?

• Love 1