Type keyword(s) to search

Better Call Saul In The Media

• Start Topic

I'm hoping we'll get the backstory on Gus's relationship with his partner.  I'm fuzzy on the details, but I seem to recall that bitterness over his boyfriend/partner's murder directly contributed to Gus's ruthlessness. 

• Love 2

I hope we are enlightened about Gus's mysterious Chilean background in the Pinochet regime.  I also binge-watched the entire series over the winter.  I was obsessed and mesmerized.  Riverheightsnancy I am in love with your avatar and always happy to see it.

• Love 2

I started re watching S2 this morning. I had really forgotten a lot of it. 

The guy with the Hummer, Jimmy at the pool with Kim scamming that asshole from Breaking Bad. 

Good times. 

Cannot wait for 3, except I have a feeling it's gonna get dark by the end. Or at least dark-ish. 

• Love 5

Forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong thread -- I wasn't sure if this would be considered "media," but I didn't know where else to mention it or if it had already been mentioned somewhere that I somehow did not see.

Has anyone been following the ongoing Gus Fring/Los Pollos Hermanos training videos (they are partially animated, but Giancarlo Esposito is in each one) on social media?  I assume they've been posted on Twitter too, but I usually catch them on Facebook.   They usually appear about one week apart.

On this BCS video page on Facebook (you might have to sign in to view them, but I'm not sure), I see training videos from April 25, May 2, May 9, May 16, May 23 and the one from today, May 30, which is about "Communication."  I may have missed one in there somewhere. 

https://www.facebook.com/pg/BetterCallSaulAMC/videos/?ref=page_internal

Suffice it to say, each video is awesome.  I love every second of each one of them.  Pay close attention to all of the things going on in the animated portions too.

• Love 2

https://theringer.com/better-call-saul-season-3-episode-7-review-71153b18110c

Pretty good article covering the last few episodes of BCS.

My only major gripe with it was the writer's assertion that Jimmy (unlike Walter White) had no choices other than the bad ones he has made.  

I'd say, he could have chosen to stay his cushy job at D&M.  Also, when Kim lost MV to HHM, he could have simply behaved like any other lawyer/boyfriend would have and tried to cheer her up and encourage her to find new clients.  Instead he chose to commit felonies that put his career and hers in jeopardy.  

• Love 5

I also disagree with the premise of that review.  Especially with regard to Jimmy dropping a dime on the malpractice insurer.  Whether planned or spontaneous, he had the choice to tend to his own business and leave Chuck out of his sobbing.  There has been a cascade of bad decisions by both brothers, but none was forced or inevitable. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

I also disagree with the premise of that review.  Especially with regard to Jimmy dropping a dime on the malpractice insurer.  Whether planned or spontaneous, he had the choice to tend to his own business and leave Chuck out of his sobbing.  There has been a cascade of bad decisions by both brothers, but none was forced or inevitable. 

I agree. While bad decisions in the past have narrowed the options for both brothers, neither has be "forced" to do most of what they have done.  Walter White made a few terrible decisions over the course of BB, but most of the other bad things he did (particularly in seasons 1-4) were a result of him finding himself in life and death (or freedom and prison) situations, due to prior bad decisions.  

The McGill brothers seemed to be trapped by their own faults and their need to get the best of the other brother, as opposed to being dragged along by forces they can't control.  

On 5/31/2017 at 0:47 PM, Bryce Lynch said:

Pretty good article covering the last few episodes of BCS.

My only major gripe with it was the writer's assertion that Jimmy (unlike Walter White) had no choices other than the bad ones he has made.

Reminds me of the L.A. critics who seemed surprised by the Seinfeld finale highlighting that the main characters were not good people, but rather choosing to be the kind of folks that give NYC its bad name.

9 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

Whether planned or spontaneous, he had the choice to tend to his own business and leave Chuck out of his sobbing.

Were it anyone else, Chuck would argue that it was the right thing to do. How many could resist after all of Chuck's preaching "the sanctity of the law"?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:
12 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

Whether planned or spontaneous, he had the choice to tend to his own business and leave Chuck out of his sobbing.

Were it anyone else, Chuck would argue that it was the right thing to do. How many could resist after all of Chuck's preaching "the sanctity of the law"?

Yes, Chuck would have no qualms ratting someone out, he just did, but my only point was that contrary to the premise of the review, Jimmy isn't forced to take certain actions, he chooses to just as Chuck does. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

Yes, Chuck would have no qualms ratting someone out, he just did, but my only point was that contrary to the premise of the review, Jimmy isn't forced to take certain actions, he chooses to just as Chuck does. 

I think Chuck would often feel it was his duty (in his most sanctimonious voice, "as an officer of the court") to rat people out.  

• Love 1

Better Call Saul fans may be interested in these two events:

As a prequel to the season 3 finale on 6/19, Michael Mando (Nacho) will be doing a live Q & A stream on the Better Call Saul official facebook page, tomorrow at 4:30 PT.  Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/pg/BetterCallSaulAMC/posts/?ref=page_internal 

Also, if you don't mind Chris Hardwick's AMC "Talking" events, tune in"Talking Saul" after the finale to see Chris interview his guests Patrick Fabian (Howard), Michael Mando (Nacho) and executive producer, Peter Gould.

All this attention on Michael Mando has me just a little worried about his fate during tomorrow's finale. 

• Love 2
(edited)
17 hours ago, SnarkyTart said:

Better Call Saul fans may be interested in these two events:

As a prequel to the season 3 finale on 6/19, Michael Mando (Nacho) will be doing a live Q & A stream on the Better Call Saul official facebook page, tomorrow at 4:30 PT.  Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/pg/BetterCallSaulAMC/posts/?ref=page_internal 

Also, if you don't mind Chris Hardwick's AMC "Talking" events, tune in"Talking Saul" after the finale to see Chris interview his guests Patrick Fabian (Howard), Michael Mando (Nacho) and executive producer, Peter Gould.

All this attention on Michael Mando has me just a little worried about his fate during tomorrow's finale. 

Yes.  I thought about that as well.  If he is not about to die, then I think something major will happen, specifically involving Nacho.  We know there will be some development with the story involving his dad and Hector, so where Nacho fits in to all of that is the question.   I think that the character seems destined to have a limited shelf life because of the people he is involved with and the risky things he is doing, but I just can't decide if I think that Gilligan/Gould would get rid of him quite yet, or wait another season or two.

Edited by TVFan17
Typo... as per usual, with my horrible typing!
  • Love 2

My gut tells me Nacho's father gets killed.   I'm guessing Hector knows about the pill swap and makes Nacho's father take them.

I think we are seeing all the characters break bad.  Saul and Mike for sure.  I think the killing of his father will to it for Nacho.  They've all been dangling their feet in the pool but after this season, they'll be swimming in it.

Chuck, Howard, and Kim are TBD but on their way somewhere.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think that Better Call Saul has already been renewed, but something is delaying the actual "announcement" of it.    Vince Gilligan said in some interview or another (can't even remember which publication it was in), within the last day or two, that it would be renewed for Season 4, but that the issue was when it would actually air.  So that implies some sort of delay (in my mind).   Good Lord.... I hope they don't plan to have us wait even longer than June of 2018 for it to premiere, but I can picture something crazy like an August 2018 premiere.

Another reason I think BCS has already been renewed is this:   I follow the site Production Weekly, which lists off everything going into production (both movies and TV series) in the near to semi-near future, in various locations in and out of the U.S.  If you have a subscription I think you can gain access to additional filming details, but if you just look at the site without a subscription you can see the updated lists of upcoming productions every week.    When something is going to start filming at some point within a few months, and some sort of pre-production activity has been detected -- such as secured permits, tentative filming dates, locked down filming dates or any other kind of recorded information -- PW lists whatever it is as going into production soon.   (That's how I first found out that the series "The Exorcist" was [surprisingly] being renewed -- I saw it listed on the PW site before it was officially announced.)

I just checked Production Weekly today, and I saw that Better Call Saul, Season 4 is on the most recent updated list, dated today.  So that means that some sort of pre-filming activity must have been registered or documented somewhere to indicate that it will film sometime in the near future.  https://www.productionweekly.com/production-weekly-issue-1049-thursday-june-22-2017-183-listings-44-pages/

Now, of course, sometimes filming plans can get delayed or stalled -- that has happened before, where something was on track to film and then the production ended up backing out and not filming -- but most of the time the productions go forward.

However, given the significant drop in ratings for Season 3 of BCS, I would not be shocked if Season 4 is structured in such a way where that the final episode of S4 could also serve as the end of the series if it were not renewed for a fifth season.  I am sure the original plan was to try to have BCS go for at least 5 seasons (just like Breaking Bad did), but if the ratings are a big concern for AMC, it might not make it to a Season 5.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

I think that Better Call Saul has already been renewed, but something is delaying the actual "announcement" of it.    Vince Gilligan said in some interview or another (can't even remember which publication it was in), within the last day or two, that it would be renewed for Season 4, but that the issue was when it would actually air.  So that implies some sort of delay (in my mind).   Good Lord.... I hope they don't plan to have us wait even longer than June of 2018 for it to premiere, but I can picture something crazy like an August 2018 premiere.

Another reason I think BCS has already been renewed is this:   I follow the site Production Weekly, which lists off everything going into production (both movies and TV series) in the near to semi-near future, in various locations in and out of the U.S.  If you have a subscription I think you can gain access to additional filming details, but if you just look at the site without a subscription you can see the updated lists of upcoming productions every week.    When something is going to start filming at some point within a few months, and some sort of pre-production activity has been detected -- such as secured permits, tentative filming dates, locked down filming dates or any other kind of recorded information -- PW lists whatever it is as going into production soon.   (That's how I first found out that the series "The Exorcist" was [surprisingly] being renewed -- I saw it listed on the PW site before it was officially announced.)

I just checked Production Weekly today, and I saw that Better Call Saul, Season 4 is on the most recent updated list, dated today.  So that means that some sort of pre-filming activity must have been registered or documented somewhere to indicate that it will film sometime in the near future.  https://www.productionweekly.com/production-weekly-issue-1049-thursday-june-22-2017-183-listings-44-pages/

Now, of course, sometimes filming plans can get delayed or stalled -- that has happened before, where something was on track to film and then the production ended up backing out and not filming -- but most of the time the productions go forward.

However, given the significant drop in ratings for Season 3 of BCS, I would not be shocked if Season 4 is structured in such a way where that the final episode of S4 could also serve as the end of the series if it were not renewed for a fifth season.  I am sure the original plan was to try to have BCS go for at least 5 seasons (just like Breaking Bad did), but if the ratings are a big concern for AMC, it might not make it to a Season 5.

Great info. Thank you!  But, boo to the idea Season 4 could be the last :(.

On 6/19/2017 at 11:40 AM, Jextella said:

My gut tells me Nacho's father gets killed.   I'm guessing Hector knows about the pill swap and makes Nacho's father take them.

I think we are seeing all the characters break bad.  Saul and Mike for sure.  I think the killing of his father will to it for Nacho.  They've all been dangling their feet in the pool but after this season, they'll be swimming in it.

Chuck, Howard, and Kim are TBD but on their way somewhere.

I totally stink at making predicitions!  I should have learned by now.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

Vince Gilligan said in some interview or another (can't even remember which publication it was in), within the last day or two, that it would be renewed for Season 4, but that the issue was when it would actually air.  So that implies some sort of delay (in my mind).   Good Lord.... I hope they don't plan to have us wait even longer than June of 2018 for it to premiere, but I can picture something crazy like an August 2018 premiere.

He mentioned that there had been a change up top at Sony which is causing the delay but it sounds like he has heard reassuring things from Sony and AMC.  I've also read some critics speculate that they could be trying to renew in multiple seasons at once but that's just spec.  Since he's usually worried, it would be funny (but tragic) if he was wrong this time.

5 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

I don't pay too close attention to ratings but I've read that it still performs well for AMC.  Not blockbuster big but decent.  I still think if this show wants five seasons, it will get five seasons.  Even if it can't find another broadcast channel for the show, which I think it probably could find, I do see Netflix as a streaming option.  I'm not one to normally go "Netflix to the rescue!" but in this case I think it'd make sense.  It streams Breaking Bad.  It distributes Better Call Saul in many countries.  And I know it's the way my sister watches BCS.  She would have no patience for weekly episodes.  I think this season was especially difficult doing week-to-week even though I enjoyed it immensely.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

He mentioned that there had been a change up top at Sony which is causing the delay but it sounds like he has heard reassuring things from Sony and AMC.  I've also read some critics speculate that they could be trying to renew in multiple seasons at once but that's just spec.  Since he's usually worried, it would be funny (but tragic) if he was wrong this time.

I don't pay too close attention to ratings but I've read that it still performs well for AMC.  Not blockbuster big but decent.  I still think if this show wants five seasons, it will get five seasons.  Even if it can't find another broadcast channel for the show, which I think it probably could find, I do see Netflix as a streaming option.  I'm not one to normally go "Netflix to the rescue!" but in this case I think it'd make sense.  It streams Breaking Bad.  It distributes Better Call Saul in many countries.  And I know it's the way my sister watches BCS.  She would have no patience for weekly episodes.  I think this season was especially difficult doing week-to-week even though I enjoyed it immensely.

Good points.   I can see how the changes at Sony could hold up the process.  I would certainly hope that another network would step in and take the show, just to bring the series to a proper end if AMC decided to jump ship (which is unlikely).  In my opinion, there is still much more story to tell to fill in that timeline between BCS and BB, and even in the post-BB/Gene-Cinnabon timeline.  We have no idea what happens to Nacho over the years.  We have no idea what eventually splits up Kim and Jimmy (and Vince G. seems to believe that the day will come when Kim will no longer be around).  There is probably much more of the Gus and Lydia stories to tell, and more of Mike's gradual involvement in the cartel business.   Inevitable cameo appearances by Badger and Skinny Pete.... And, though it might be a longshot, I'd love to find out -- via a quick sentence or Gene watching something on the news -- what happened to Jesse after we last saw him.

Although I would hope they wouldn't make us wait this long to get the news, another potential reason for further delaying the announcement of the renewal (even though it's clear that there will be a Season 4 somewhere, somehow, because Production Weekly blew its cover by listing it!) is that they might want to wait until next month's Summer TCA event to do it.  AMC always participates in the Winter and Summer TCA events (critics seem to mostly love BCS, as we know).  A lot of announcements and press releases come out in conjunction with the TCA events for all networks.   My guess is that AMC's day would probably be one of the July dates, as opposed to the already booked up August dates -- http://tvcritics.org/press-tour-schedule-overview/

• Love 1

I'm not one for scripted tv 

2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

......I'm not one to normally go "Netflix to the rescue!" but in this case I think it'd make sense.  It streams Breaking Bad.  It distributes Better Call Saul in many countries.  And I know it's the way my sister watches BCS.  She would have no patience for weekly episodes.  I think this season was especially difficult doing week-to-week even though I enjoyed it immensely.

I'm like your sister.  BCS is the only scripted show I watch and I have a hard time waiting/watching week to week.  

I couldn't get into BB for this very reason in the beginning.  Then one night I watched a few episodes on Netflix or Infinity....don't recall which and ended up binging the entire series.   I can't help but wonder if this is part of the issue.  We get 10 episodes in a calendar year.  That's 2 and a half months which ain't a lot.   With so much time in between it seems easy to lose focus and interest. 

5 hours ago, Jextella said:

I couldn't get into BB for this very reason in the beginning.  Then one night I watched a few episodes on Netflix or Infinity....don't recall which and ended up binging the entire series.   I can't help but wonder if this is part of the issue.  We get 10 episodes in a calendar year.  That's 2 and a half months which ain't a lot.   With so much time in between it seems easy to lose focus and interest. 

Absolutely.  I forget what happened last, and am too lazy or too busy to go back and refresh my memory.  The gap of what seems like a year (or is a year) is just too long. 

• Love 1
On 6/23/2017 at 1:02 AM, TVFan17 said:

There is probably much more of the Gus and Lydia stories to tell

We know Mike has a connection with Lydia, but as far as I know she didn't interact with Saul at all on BB, so as far as I'm concerned, I really don't care about details in her involvement with Gus.  Of course my over the top Lydia dislike could be clouding my judgment!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

We know Mike has a connection with Lydia, but as far as I know she didn't interact with Saul at all on BB, so as far as I'm concerned, I really don't care about details in her involvement with Gus.  Of course my over the top Lydia dislike could be clouding my judgment!

Well, sadly, we don't have any control over what they write.  So they may or may not include more of Lydia's connection to Gus.   If they include it, I will enjoy seeing it.  I don't need for her to have any connection to Saul/Jimmy.  I don't need for all roads to lead back to Saul and am fine with some of the roads leading back to Mike and Nacho, independent of Saul/Jimmy.  

As soon as they brought Gus and the whole Salamanca clan on the show, that opened up the field for a lot of other characters from BB to appear, whether in quick cameos or in recurring roles.  Now that they are there, I would like to see that fleshed out a bit more.

I didn't like Lydia on Breaking Bad at all -- not one bit -- but she is not quite that wound up and jumpy on BCS.  That's why I am personally very curious about her connection to Gus, because -- even back on BB -- I always had a feeling there was more to her Gus connection that just his dealings with Madrigal alone.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

Well, sadly, we don't have any control over what they write. 

The fact that we don't control what they write could be a good thing...if we did, Chuck wold have been over with long before I wanted him to leave :)

I wouldn't be at all surprised if more of Lydia is revealed, but I guess I just don't see the point.  I won't deny that she was important on BB, but not Gus-Hector-Mike level of important.  To me, digging too much into Lydia would be like digging too much into Don Eladio.  I certainly wouldn't mind Eladio background, but, like with Lydia, I don't see how it would advance the story of Jimmy to Saul.  But I really really doubt whether the showrunners are worried about what I want.  At least they haven't asked me for my opinion yet :)

(edited)
39 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if more of Lydia is revealed, but I guess I just don't see the point.  I won't deny that she was important on BB, but not Gus-Hector-Mike level of important.  To me, digging too much into Lydia would be like digging too much into Don Eladio.  I certainly wouldn't mind Eladio background, but, like with Lydia, I don't see how it would advance the story of Jimmy to Saul.  But I really really doubt whether the showrunners are worried about what I want.  At least they haven't asked me for my opinion yet :)

I think we could learn more about Lydia but I don't see learning about more of her back story unless it's closely entwined with Gus's. But things  like where she grew up or her home life? I don't see that happening now. I don't think the show has the capacity to expand that much further now that we have Mike (and family), Nacho (and family), Gus (and restaurants) and then Jimmy, Kim & Howard.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

I didn't like Lydia on Breaking Bad at all -- not one bit -- but she is not quite that wound up and jumpy on BCS.  That's why I am personally very curious about her connection to Gus, because -- even back on BB -- I always had a feeling there was more to her Gus connection that just his dealings with Madrigal alone.

Lydia was one of my favorite characters on BB and one of the reasons is because she was so wound up and jumpy - but also because she has a sex appeal about her.    She reminded me of someone who was smart but of the nerd variety growing up.   She grew up to be pretty and savvy.  It's like she lives two lives - one reminscient of childhood with the her suits, and pulled hair, etc. and another as the person she really wants to be, i.e. someone living on the edge.

3 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I think we could learn more about Lydia but I don't see learning about more of her back story unless it's closely entwined with Gus's. But things  like where she grew up or her home life? I don't see that happening now. I don't think the show has the capacity to expand that much further now that we have Mike (and family), Nacho (and family), Gus (and restaurants) and then Jimmy, Kim & Howard.

Yeah, I don't think they need to dig too far into Lydia's story.  I think she's the background music to Gus's story.  I think we'll learn more about Gus via Lydia.  

My first thought about these two is that they have shared Chilien roots and that something political is what drives them both to such extremes, e.g. helping to fund a particular political party back home, or seeking revenge for something bad that may have happened to a family member or something.    Chile has a very turbulent and violent political history.   Not unlike many places, dissidents were killed, etc. regularly. It was a military dictatorship until 1990.  This seems to be around the time Gus started the restaurant in New Mexico.

1 hour ago, Tikichick said:

Thank goodness they have at last announced the renewal for season four.  I assumed it was a given, but it's very nice to know it is official.

Thank you, AMC.

This piece in Variety.....

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/amc-renews-better-call-saul-for-season-4-1202479682/

....says BCS averaged almost 2 million viewers weekly in the 25-54 demo this season. Assuming no catastrophic  drop in season 4, I'd say Gilligan and Co. are guaranteed a season 5, if they want it.  

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Bannon said:

This piece in Variety.....

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/amc-renews-better-call-saul-for-season-4-1202479682/

....says BCS averaged almost 2 million viewers weekly in the 25-54 demo this season. Assuming no catastrophic  drop in season 4, I'd say Gilligan and Co. are guaranteed a season 5, if they want it.  

Hot diggety!  My memory may be off but somewhere I think I read Vince saying they'd need as many seasons as BCS to tell the full story well.  That would be 5 qty.  But, I think I read later that he said they'd need 6 seasons to tell the full story.   Given the 3 time periods, I could easilly see 6 years.  I hope that is the case.

Thanks for sharing this.  

5 minutes ago, Jextella said:

I think I read Vince saying they'd need as many seasons as BCS to tell the full story well.  That would be 5 qty.  But, I think I read later that he said they'd need 6 seasons to tell the full story.   Given the 3 time periods, I could easilly see 6 years.  I hope that is the case.

I believe he has said it'll take just about the same amount of time to tell Saul's story as it did to tell Walt's. 

I can see AMC doing what they did with BB in ordering a fifth season that is split into two parts. 

On 6/28/2017 at 1:29 AM, Irlandesa said:
On 6/28/2017 at 1:17 AM, Jextella said:

I think I read Vince saying they'd need as many seasons as BCS to tell the full story well.  That would be 5 qty.  But, I think I read later that he said they'd need 6 seasons to tell the full story.   Given the 3 time periods, I could easilly see 6 years.  I hope that is the case.

I believe he has said it'll take just about the same amount of time to tell Saul's story as it did to tell Walt's. 

I think Jextella meant as many seasons as BB, not that BCS needs as many seasons as itself :)

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I think Jextella meant as many seasons as BB, not that BCS needs as many seasons as itself :)

You are correct :) and THANK YOU!

Edited by Jextella

I am very, very saddened by the fact that Michael McKean got snubbed (again) by the Emmys! IMO he was the most impressive part of the latest season of BCS -- at least acting-wise. 

Congrats to the show, Bob Odenkirk, and Jonathan Banks for the noms, though!

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, Ujio said:

I am very, very saddened by the fact that Michael McKean got snubbed (again) by the Emmys! IMO he was the most impressive part of the latest season of BCS -- at least acting-wise. 

Congrats to the show, Bob Odenkirk, and Jonathan Banks for the noms, though!

I was also surprised McKean was snubbed.  I love Jonathan Banks, but McKean did a lot more great acting this season.  

I wouldn't be totally shocked if this causes Gilligan and Gould to make Chuck miraculously survive, so McKean can come back and go for an Emmy in season 4. :)

• Love 2

Michael McKean getting snubbed proves to be how useless and stupid Emmy voters actually are.  He was the best actor on the show last season bar none.  But in their typical lazy fashion, they nominate Jonathan Banks once again, who should have won the Emmy two years ago instead of Peter Dinklage (who had no standout moments that season...I blame the GOT writers for that).  Banks is always good but the writing didn't give him much to do except have his character silently do obvious, boring stuff and make him 1,000 times more clever than everyone else around him.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, benteen said:

Michael McKean getting snubbed proves to be how useless and stupid Emmy voters actually are.  He was the best actor on the show last season bar none.  But in their typical lazy fashion, they nominate Jonathan Banks once again, who should have won the Emmy two years ago instead of Peter Dinklage (who had no standout moments that season...I blame the GOT writers for that).  Banks is always good but the writing didn't give him much to do except have his character silently do obvious, boring stuff and make him 1,000 times more clever than everyone else around him.

I adore Banks, but McKean not getting a nomination is ridiculous. Stupid Emmys. I still hope Bob O wins, tho.

• Love 10
43 minutes ago, benteen said:

I agree.  Also, as great as Banks is, I might have chose Mando over him as well.  

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I agree.  Also, as great as Banks is, I might have chose Mando over him as well.  

Mando would have been a really good choice too.  He delivered in one of the most tense scenes of the television season this year.

• Love 6

Full list of Emmy nominations for the show:

Best Drama

Best Actor, Drama - Bob Odenkirk

Supporting Actor, Drama - Jonathan Banks

Writing for a Drama Series - Gordon Smith (“Chicanery”)

Directing for a Drama Series - Vince Gilligan (“Witness”)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Full list of Emmy nominations for the show:

Best Drama

Best Actor, Drama - Bob Odenkirk

Supporting Actor, Drama - Jonathan Banks

Writing for a Drama Series - Gordon Smith (“Chicanery”)

Directing for a Drama Series - Vince Gilligan (“Witness”)

Thanks for that! 

They also got nominated for some lower profile awards:

Outstanding Single-Camera Picture Editing for a Drama Series

Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series (One Hour)

Outstanding Music Supervision

It's so good to see BCS getting some recognition from the Emmy's, even though I agree with all the comments about McKean being absolutely robbed, and even Mando deserving the nod over Banks this season.  

• Love 1