Type keyword(s) to search

Better Call Saul In The Media

• Start Topic

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 4:52 PM, Quilt Fairy said:

This is hysterical.  The cast of BCS recap the first 3 seasons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HwOkNSb_9Q   So many plotlines that I had forgotten.  If you think the show moves too slowly, you have to watch this!

Thanks so much! As I watched it, it was surprising how many plot points my memory had confused with what was from BB and what was from BCS.  This was not only funny, but very useful.

• Love 4

Interview with director Michelle Maclaren about 'Breathe.'

She talks about Jimmy's interview scene.

Jimmy, he comes across when he first comes in as very enthusiastic and like he really wants to this job, but I think in reality Jimmy's feeling really horrible about himself. He blames himself for Chuck's death, and I think he hates himself in that moment. When these guys accept him and are like, "OK, you've got the job," he's very self-destructive. He can't take the positiveness of that. The fact that these guys say, "We want you," he doesn't feel deserving of it, so he reacts the way he does. So there's a lot of emotion underneath. Jimmy goes out that morning all positive — "I'm gonna get a job! This is great!" — and when it goes well, he feels so bad about himself. I really think, in this episode, I feel like we're starting to see him become Saul. When he makes that phone call to Mike, that was a very Saul thing to do. It's interesting to me to see where that evolution came from.

• Love 7

"

On 8/11/2018 at 11:45 AM, peeayebee said:

Thanks for posting that. It was hilarious, a lot of fun, AND informative! (I forget so much.)

I'd kind of forgotten that the squat cobbler subplot was perhaps the most hilarious thing I've ever seen on television.

• Love 3
On 8/11/2018 at 11:52 AM, Uncle Benzene said:

Good lord is Rhea Seehorn freakin gorgeous.

(So is Patrick Fabian, for that matter.)

Total mindfuck every time I see Giancarlo being himself, as opposed to Gustavo. Ditto Michael Mando, albeit to a slightly lesser extent just because Giancarlo sets such a high bar.

I want to hang out with all these people. One condition though... Jonathan Banks's presence would be mandatory.

I think all five of them look hot AF!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, WritinMan said:

Mike Ehrmantraut wants to talk to you about employee accountability:

This is great. I hope they make more.

Great stuff!  I love all the Easter eggs. 

*"A time bomb, tick ticking away..."

* Pryce's Hummer passing by

* Cake pops!

* The DEA Fun Run flyer hanging on the wall.   

* Portrait of Herr Schuler

Edited by Bryce Lynch
  • Love 1

The Better Call Saul Facebook page is doing a 6 part puzzle challenge for fans to figure out what the big surprise in the Labor Day episode will be.

The first clue was,  "Inferior product percentage that forces Lydia to visit Walt at the car wash."

Clue two is a math problem.  "The number of barrels of money Walt buried in the desert minus the number of legs Tuco broke in the desert."  

On 8/10/2018 at 6:52 PM, Quilt Fairy said:

This is hysterical.  The cast of BCS recap the first 3 seasons: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HwOkNSb_9Q   So many plotlines that I had forgotten.  If you think the show moves too slowly, you have to watch this!

I have mad crushes on Patrick Fabian and Michael Mando...and if I were into girls, Rhea Seehorn too.   They all look great here.  I'm especially partial to Patrick...maybe because he is age-appropriate :).

• Love 2
23 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I read that the show airs from 9:00 to 10:25 p.m. Eastern tonight.

LOL - someone on the Insider podcast said something like - "I think this it the same time the episode is longer than the podcast."

On November 16, 2018 at 4:15 PM, SoMuchTV said:

I can't find a "cast in other roles" thread but Michael McKean is in the latest The Good Place, in a very un-Chuck-like role.

It was like a different version of Chuck, as he was just as isolated and delusional, and ultimately motivated to earn himself a place in heaven. I've only watched a couple of episodes of The Good Place, but I gather that it regularly uses this premise of alternate realities. I wonder if his role was written to be an alt-universe Chuck.

Bob Odenkirk was a guest on the Sandra Bernhard radio show (on Sirius XM) a couple of days ago,  and he said that the next season of BCS starts filming in April.  They shoot for 4-1/2 months, so that means they will be wrapping up production right around the time of year that the previous season premiered -- in August.   He did not say when Season 5 is expected to premiere, but I am questioning the likelihood of another August date.   I kind of think it will start later than August.   After Season 2, it seems they have been premiering each new season later than when the previous one premiered.

If AMC runs another Breaking Bad marathon right around New Year's Eve/Day at the end of this year, as they usually do, they will probably give an approximate idea of when the next season of Better Call Saul will begin -- not a specific date but a season.   For example, in December 2017, during the BB New Year's marathon, they announced that BCS Season 4 would start in "Summer" 2018, and that is when it premiered.  So I am expecting them to again pop on with a little teaser that tells us "Summer 2019" or "Fall 2019" or, worst case scenario, "February 2020" for Season 5.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1

Peter Gould has said that seasons take them about 14 months.  He did say in the last episode's inside podcast that they will come back in 14 months' time but I'm not sure if he meant from the date of speaking or the date of airing.  Either way, this puts a return between October 19 and January 20.  Perhaps if "Saul" isn't back until January, "Greenbriar" will fill the void a little.  I'm not wild about the delay but equally we know the show most probably only has another two seasons left and all the people are committed to making it as good as it can be so ultimately I think it's for the best.  It's always worth the wait.

• Love 1
On 2/27/2019 at 11:11 AM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

@Skyflower  Season 5 release is anticipated in August.  It has not yet been officially announced. 

https://news.avclub.com/better-call-saul-wont-be-back-until-2020-1833854217

Season 5 will not air until 2020.  I love the show, but I might give up on it now.  There has been maybe seasons worth of plot in 4 seasons, and now they are going to make viewers wait nearly 2 years between season 4 and 5?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

As I mentioned in my post here back in December, I had a  feeling that Season 5 was going to be delayed, and that it would not premiere in August,     But I also figured that it would probably be unlikely for AMC to have BCS premiere in October, when The Walking Dead returns, because they don't seem to like to premiere the new seasons of both shows in the same month.  So the only option for BCS was going to be 2020.  In other words, I am disappointed in this delay, for sure, but I am not at all surprised, as it aligns with what I already suspected was going to happen.

What I was not sure about was whether the "Greenbriar" movie would premiere (on Netflix first, and then on AMC later on down the line) in between BCS seasons, or if it would premiere at the end of the final BCS season.   Everyone is being secretive and coy about the movie -- understandably -- and I wasn't sure how it was all going to play out, or if the end of the movie might segue into Season 6 of BCS, or if the end of Season 5 of BCS would segue into the movie (via a Jesse flashback or flash-forward or something).  Who knows at this point?   I am confused by the whole thing.

All I know is that it is super-frustrating to have to wait almost 1-1/2 years (or more) to see a new season, although I understand that they need to make sure everyone's schedules line up at the same time.    The Affair had a similar giant gap in between its two most recent  seasons.   It really kills a lot of momentum and excitement.  But... what can I do except wait?   It's a First World problem, for sure, but it's  annoying.

• Love 5

I found season 4 to be somewhat lacking.  My theory is the delayed renewal after season 3 caused production to be rushed.  Not only did this cause problems in the writing, but some actors signed on to other projects and were less available.  I would rather wait for a proper Gilligan and Gould product than have a repeat of that experience.  

• Love 1

S4 aired about 14 months after S3 ended.  Unless it's well into 2020, it looks like S5 will be about 15 or 16 months after.  Not a big difference and one I'm happy to see given the quality of the show and the difficult task they have in the next season or two to stick the landing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Glad the voters didn't forget about this show, but I'm still bummed that Rhea Seehorn keeps getting a denied a spot.  Then again, almost half of the Supporting Actress category was stacked with Game of Thrones actresses, so maybe she'll get a shot next time once that category opens up a bit more.

But I'm glad for the show, Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks, and Giancarlo Esposito!  Also, I believe Michael McKean got a Guest Actor nomination too!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Also, I believe Michael McKean got a Guest Actor nomination too!

Yes, and looking at the competition (for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series) I think there's a good chance that McKean will get that well-deserved award, but then I'm not a fan of the other shows with nominees in that category.

• Love 2

While I'm not much of an awards person I'm happy for them.  It was a good season with a lot of good acting turns.  I do think Rhea Seehorn turned in a couple of tremendous performances this past season and should have gotten similar acknowledgement, but we apparently have to nominate everyone and their CGI dog too from Game of Thrones on their way out the door.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, nodorothyparker said:

we apparently have to nominate everyone and their CGI dog too from Game of Thrones on their way out the door.

Yeah, they got 4 out of 6 in the Supporting Actress category.  

I'm trying to remember what original work Michael McKean did last year in BCS.  

The karaoke scene and the afterward of it between Jimmy and Chuck when they were drunkenly talking about practicing law together in Winner was new.  There was also a flashback in an earlier episode when Jimmy and Kim were both low level employees at HHM.  Kim was trying to chat up Chuck about a big win he'd just gotten and that was when we got the reveal that Jimmy became a lawyer to impress her as much as to make Chuck proud of him.

• Love 2
On 7/16/2019 at 11:29 PM, kieyra said:

(I just saw that Kit Harrington got nominated for best actor. I honestly don’t even know how to process this information.)

Kit Harrington seems like a very nice man but not a great actor. The Emmy voters are out of touch and are desperate to appear cool.

The GOT ladies are not bad but nothing they did could compare to what Rhea accomplished in many of her scenes. The GOT writers wish they were half as good as Gillian in his worst day. I wish Gillian was writing the next Star Wars

• Love 6

Has it been mentioned anywhere in this forum that Season 5 kicks off on Sunday, February 23, 2020?  (I could have missed something.)  

I just got one of those AMC Better Call Saul emails that had me click a button to "lawyer up," and it led to a little teaser video (which was quick), and the February 23rd date. 

So they're going back to a February season start -- which is when the first couple of seasons premiered, isn't it?

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1