Type keyword(s) to search

Hell's Kitchen in the Media

• Start Topic

On 9/30/2016 at 6:13 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Hide contents

the show has been renewed until Season 18 or 19, and that they're going to do something that will turn the show on its head and it's something the "fans have been asking for for years." I have NO CLUE what that is.

I just saw an ad run for this indicating it was going to be an "all star" season.

Double Ugh.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, OoogleEyes said:

I just saw an ad run for this indicating it was going to be an "all star" season.

Double Ugh.

Well I don't know who was asking for this but I wasn't. This started to become a show that I didn't even watch each episode and would forget was on. It got old quick with all the stupid drama bs, trash and seeing some kicked off that should have been there til the end. I am thinking I'm done with this show unless there is nothing else on tv at this point. UGH is right.

• Love 1

This news of it being "all star" (and I use that term VERY LOOSELY) only tells me that this show is getting desperate and can't find any halfway decent actors  people to try for this show. It might explain why Masterchef is turning into Hell's Kitchen Lite.?????

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I slightly remember two of the guys and none of the gals.  Stars?

I remember a few of the guys.  Van was the boisterous one who kept referring to fellow contestant Robert as "Big 'uns".  Benjamin annoyed the hell out of the others by responding, "Oui, chef" all the time.  Milly was okay...

Of the women - Elise was a mega bitch all the time, Dana I found quite appealing - she sent me an autographed pic during her season.  Amanda went by Manda on her season, but I don't recall a whole lot else about her, or the others.

Are they all former black-jacket winners at least? I mean, I'd hope with some experience from the first time around, the first few episodes won't be the total trainwreck they usually are.

Yeah, I know, not bloody likely!

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Charlesman said:

Are they all former black-jacket winners at least? I mean, I'd hope with some experience from the first time around, the first few episodes won't be the total trainwreck they usually are.

Yeah, I know, not bloody likely!

They all finished anywhere from 3rd to 6th place.

• Love 2

The only one I remember from that line up is Milly.  I liked him.  Maybe I'll recognize a couple more when I see them but most HK people are so dreadful that they all run together.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, mlp said:

Maybe I'll recognize a couple more when I see them but most HK people are so dreadful that they all run together.

I did recognize some but agree they do all run together. 

20 hours ago, WescottF1 said:

Amanda went by Manda on her season, but I don't recall a whole lot else about her, or the others.

She did and she was as annoying as can be IMO. I couldn't stand her at all. 

This is not appealing at all. I know there are some worse ones he could have pulled into this as well but I'm not into the over the top dramafests at this point. I'm burnt out on that kind of stuff right now and don't find it entertaining at all but more annoying. 

• Love 1
On 8/11/2017 at 3:21 PM, WescottF1 said:

Oh noooooooo!!!!!

I'm how old and have been watching TV for how long and seriously, she was just about the WORST I ever forced myself to endure.

Sadly, I recognize most of them.....

I notice a lot of the female cast is from more recent seasons.  The farthest back they go is season 9 while the men go way back to season 5.

On 8/11/2017 at 4:44 PM, WescottF1 said:

They all finished anywhere from 3rd to 6th place.

No one who finished third or worse qualifies as an all star in my rankings.  I really can't remember a season when I thought the third place finisher was someone who deserved to win.  I'm usually pleasantly surprised if I think 3 out of the top 4 are at least competent cooks.  I may have to sit this one out.

• Love 1

If you really want "all-stars", they should bring back the 2nd place finishers! If there aren't enough of them (because there aren't 18 (or 20 or however many they usually start with, or because some choose not to participate), then "fill-in" with the 3rd place finishers (and then 4th place if needed, etc.).

• Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 6:45 AM, Jersey Guy 87 said:

No one who finished third or worse qualifies as an all star in my rankings.  I really can't remember a season when I thought the third place finisher was someone who deserved to win.

Jon from HK11?  Melanie from HK12?  I thought they were worthy contestants who finished third.  And though I didn't think she deserved to win, I thought Michelle from HK14 was worthy of her finish.

Anyway, looking at the cast, I'm actually happy to see Michelle, Manda, and Ashley back.  I haven't seen most of the other women before, since I didn't watch between HK5 and HK11.  Just forgot the show was on, is all.  For the men, I'm really only happy about Milly and Nick.  Jared I am semi-happy is back, but I hope he returns to being competent Jared, not incompetent Jared.

A little confused by sixteen contestants, not the usual eighteen.

On 8/26/2017 at 7:15 AM, Major Bigtime said:

What was the name of the girl who made it to the finals but didn't win, she was a butcher. Very sweet girl, why's she not back?

Mary Poehnelt.  Looks like she's got a place and is focusing on baking.  Mary's Sweets Treats and Eats - there's a Facebook page but I got an error when I tried to link it.

• Love 2

I'm glad Mary is doing well, great news. Kristin, the pretty blonde runner-up a season or so ago, is working for Gordon in Vegas. She may not have won the prize money, but he saw something in her and she's chef at one of his restaurants.

• Love 2

I'm game, since I'm secretly into fakety-fake-fake cooking competitions that don't pretend to be better than they are..

This show makes no attempt to disguise its crude base.  I would never ever ever go to a dogfight/cockfight/bullfight - but HK satisfies my itch to see a bunch of outcast humanoids pummel the hell out of each other.

• Love 5
On 8/28/2017 at 1:17 PM, WescottF1 said:

Mary Poehnelt.  Looks like she's got a place and is focusing on baking.  Mary's Sweets Treats and Eats - there's a Facebook page but I got an error when I tried to link it.

And I swear I remember reading that Ramsay got her a job someplace, or did a reference for her, or something. I remember because Ja'Nel, the one who was chosen over her, was my all-time favorite winner but she later got busted for coke and lost the grand prize job. And then I felt bad for Mary until I read about Ramsay reaching out to her.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 1

I'm good with this line-up (and triple ditto on Elise, also Lacey and Tennile. GLAD they were not invited back.)

eta: Ok, maybe I was wrong. Jen might be the villain. Mouthing off to her team already, and hello girl you stuck your nasty finger in your nasty ear while you were prepping those mushrooms, and I didn't see you wash your hands or even wipe on a cloth. Digits in ears is as nasty as digits in your nose.

Edited by Colorado David
  • Love 2
(edited)

FYI: Season 17 winner Michelle Tribble and Season 11 contestant Cyndi Stanimirov appeared on an episode of Food Network's Chopped a few weeks back (the 6/8/2021 "90s Food" episode). Apparently, Michelle is changing careers and wanted to spend the show's $10,000 Winner's Prize to become a licensed Dietitian. There was no mention of Ramsay or Hell's Kitchen.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Useful 1

Nikki Hanna from S19, who'd been Amber's sous chef in NJ until recently, is now a head chef at Hudson's Mill, in Garnerville NY. Good article on her here. Hopefully Amber's got a new sous to help her temp chicken properly.

This show completely disappeared from my cable listings and my PVR recordings  after Episode 20-04.  I can't find it in my listings anywhere.  It's so odd.  So I haven't seen anything past that episode. I forgot it existed until now.

I was watching Bobby Flay and Chef Jose DeJesus came on.  I knew I had seen him on one of these Food Network shows before, but no clue which.  I Googled him and he was just on Season 18 and came in 8th.  Too bad, HK was obviously not the venue for him (I have a horrible memory).  But he beat Bobby Flay!  And the chefs that beat Bobby Flay rather than are beat by him are definitely in the minority!  Good for him.

His specialty dish was Shrimp Burrito.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

Mia was on Beat Bobby Flay.

Her specialty dish was Puerto Rican food, "Arroz Con Pollo."

Mia's food looked really good.

Mia's presentation was said to be more "homey" while Bobby's looked fancier and more polished.

I found Mia a lot less annoying here than I did on HK.  LOL.

Spoiler

She won.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay