Type keyword(s) to search

The Corinthos Clan: When You're Related to Sonny, Who Needs Enemies?

• Start Topic

Kids? As in twins? :)

This show hasn't had a set of twins since Ryan and Kevin, have they? We need one.Maybe Sabrina had them, and that's why Carlos looked stunned. One little white blond haired blue eyed girl, one brown haired/brown eyed boy. Hee

Hee. I didn't even realize I typed that. But sure! Twins, why not. And I think Sabrina having twins would be good too. I'm still annoyed they changed the paternity.

• Love 1

Well, the writers don't care if any explanations make sense, so I can see them changing it back. They have to know by now that it was not a popular decision for most fans.

And heck ya to twins ! :) A double blessing for Sabrina, since she lost Gabriel. And a double blessing for Michael, if they switch back the paternity, since he was dumb enough to give up custody of Avery.

But I will feel sorry for Carlos. I do like him, and would take him over Julian as Sonny's resident nemesis, in a heartbeat.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1
I guess I just see life as more grey. If someone is truly sorry and acts as such I'm going to let go of my grudge and anger about the bad stuff too. Dante cheated and lied and he feels terrible about it and has said if he could go back and do it again he would make a different choice.

He's said that, but he hasn't actually shown that. Maybe now is a turning point, but for the past couple of months, he said he felt terrible and he regret it, but then he proceeded to hang out with Valerie, comfort her, and sleep with her again and kiss her again and make dates with her again. And the whole detente they're having right now is because Lulu came to their apartment and then because Maxie and Nathan locked them up together. I don't need him to flog himself, but I also need him to not run to the woman he slept with. He has to show now he's willing to wait without jumping to Valerie or another woman in general for comfort. And maybe this is what the whole "Lulu moves into Wyndemere" thing is about, I'm willing to see

He also is a hero and saves people. I won't begrudge him the hero role just b/c he made poor choice in the past he regrets. I thought Lulu was more touched Dante cared enough to go to the boat and look for her more than the actual saving. Of course the first reaction of most people would be to save someone but Dante cared and worried enough about Lulu to go look for her in the first place. That is romantic to me.

but he only went there once he heard shots were at the pier. Again, what's he gonna do, not run to the pier when he knows she could be there? That would be weird. "Eh, shots where my wife works and my wife's not answering her phone and has a tendency to be kidnapped every three months. She's probably fine."

He also is a hero and saves people. I won't begrudge him the hero role just b/c he made poor choice in the past he regrets.

It's not the hero role I'm begrudging to Dante, exactly, it's more the writers. They couldn't think up something slightly more creative is my grudge. And also imo, they haven't really shown that regrets his poor choices yet. He's just stopped being Valerie's "friend". After another month or two of avoiding her, imo, then that will show he fully regrets it.

I suppose it's not fair to Dante that I have high standards for him. Even when they writing started to become less focused for him and he became a more generic character, he was still a decent, compassionate person. They've spent the past three months tearing down that compassion when he couldn't even give his wife the space of a month to work out her feelings, it's not easy for me to just jump back to thinking of Dante as truly sorry. It needs another month or two, like I said, without running to Valerie or being inconsiderate of Lulu's feelings.

• Love 5

I have such a hard time having coherent thoughts about this Lante mess. I go back and forth so much with it that a part of me is at the point where I just don't care. Again, another symptom of what GH does to me.

1. I know if this was JMB's Lulu, I would be liiiiiiivid. A part of me is grateful this is NuLulu even though NuLulu is still the victim. I just don't have a feeling of truly caring about her or them. Recasts for my pairings never work. It's not exclusive to Lante.

2. Dante is so OOC in my eyes that I feel like I can't even properly debate about this subject. I'm torn between wanting him to slip on a banana peel straight into a pile of dirt and just letting it go and moving on because HE WOULD NEVER DO THIS. It's the same prob I had with what this show did to Patrick in his last year. Or Liz. Or Nik. I feel like this show doesn't even care about characters anymore. They just want a certain story or plot to work. "We need someone to cheat!" "We need someone to lie to keep JaSam apart!"

• Love 6

1. I know if this was JMB's Lulu, I would be liiiiiiivid. A part of me is grateful this is NuLulu even though NuLulu is still the victim. I just don't have a feeling of truly caring about her or them. Recasts for my pairings never work. It's not exclusive to Lante.

for me, NuLu could be a mannequin (and oftentimes felt like it in the beginning) and I would still be mad how Dante treated her. I wanted Dante to break up with her for a long time and still wouldn't mind it, but I didn't want that reason to be, "bitch, you still mad I slept with your cousin? How long must I wait for sex!" It's not about the couple at that point for me.

• Love 6

but he only went there once he heard shots were at the pier. Again, what's he gonna do, not run to the pier when he knows she could be there? That would be weird. "Eh, shots where my wife works and my wife's not answering her phone and has a tendency to be kidnapped every three months. She's probably fine."

I actually thought he was worried about her before that but asked Jordan's advice and she told him to give her space so he was trying to do that.

I guess i just want my soap plots to move along and NOT take 2817474 yrs to finish(side eyes to Jason reveal).

I'm also easy to please unless I don't like a character then they can NEVER do right.

My favorite part of Dante going to find Lulu was carrying her purse. I'm a sucker for a guy carrying his wife's purse. It is so emasculating I find it adorable.

My favorite part of Dante going to find Lulu was carrying her purse. I'm a sucker for a guy carrying his wife's purse. It is so emasculating I find it adorable.

lol yeah that was cute although I dunno if I find it emasculating.

• Love 1

for me, NuLu could be a mannequin (and oftentimes felt like it in the beginning) and I would still be mad how Dante treated her. I wanted Dante to break up with her for a long time and still wouldn't mind it, but I didn't want that reason to be, "bitch, you still mad I slept with your cousin? How long must I wait for sex!" It's not about the couple at that point for me.

I guess my main point was I don't care if they get back together or not. The only part of me that changed is now I want Lulu to dump him, not the other way around.

• Love 1

Dante tackling Lisa and Jason's face afterwards is lowkey one of the funniest scenes ever.

I don't remember that. Link!

I do remember the scene though with maxie and Dante afterwards where he was comforting her after Spin was shot. I wonder if they were chemistry testing there?

(edited)

Link! I wasn't watching during the Lisa story so I missed this.

Dante's hair is insane here.

I also loved Dante's little Luke rant in this one:

https://youtu.be/mosHfBjgKWA?list=PL0428CEA022C49174&t=448

"At this point I think it would be best for Luke's kids and Tracy for that matter if Luke stayed gone. He turned his back on them. He refused their help, he's refusing to acknowledge the fact that he clearly has a drinking problem and this despite the fact that killed Jake after downing however many shots. I mean I don't feel sympathy for someone like that."

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

I have to admit in a sense I'm jealous. I think I have a 1/10 amount of hair that dante/DZ does. Which means I have 1/57th of the amount of hair Laura Wright has, heh.

• Love 3

I think what really ruined Michael was forgiving Sonny so easily and fully. I'm not surprised they can't come up with anything for him now. That was such a mistake.

I think the bigger mistake was not having more of a conflict/confrontation with Carly. For me, Carly's actions towards Michael have been even worse than Sonny's. At least Sonny lost his temper in the head of the moment. Carly thought calmly and rationally about Sonny killing AJ and made her decision to not tell Michael. She's chosen Sonny over him over and over again. Michael needed to make her suffer more, not more than Sonny per se but just more in general.

• Love 9

I think the bigger mistake was not having more of a conflict/confrontation with Carly. For me, Carly's actions towards Michael have been even worse than Sonny's. At least Sonny lost his temper in the head of the moment. Carly thought calmly and rationally about Sonny killing AJ and made her decision to not tell Michael. She's chosen Sonny over him over and over again. Michael needed to make her suffer more, not more than Sonny per se but just more in general.

Not only that, but the idea that Sonny killed AJ turned her on so much that she had to have Sonny right there on Michael's couch. 

• Love 4

Not only that, but the idea that Sonny killed AJ turned her on so much that she had to have Sonny right there on Michael's couch. 

I try not to think about Sonny and Carly too much but sometimes her "Sonny and I are finally happy" randomly float back into my brain.

• Love 2

I really cant stand this family. They're all alike and never take responsibility for their action. Each one hides behind a manipulative crutch and play the victim. With Sonny and Morgan its  bipolar disorder with Kristina its crocodile tears. Why do they keep trying to make them the heroes of this show?

• Love 2

Because a long time ago some fangirls decided Steve Burton as Jason Morgan was dreamy and loved Mo's dimples. Or Sonny and Brenda. I actually also think if SK didn't leave the show due to his own rl substance abuse issues then things would've been written way differently. SK's AJ was different than BW's. I like BW, but the physical contrast between SBu and BW emphasized the direct contrast the writers made about AJ being weaker than Jason merely because Jason was jacked and taller. Mo does have a charisma about him, but he tends to rest on his laurels. (So have a bit of other great actors from the 90s-00s). The decline of the soap industry has forced these actors and writers to do their jobs, so now fans are freaking out and blaming everyone. Some of the greats can do it, some can.

• Love 2

That's a spot-on interpretation of what I've looked like watching this show since the day Sabrina arrived to present day.

Yeah, pretty much. I have to actually look at how pretty TeCa's hair is to lull myself into a state of calm. Like, the perfect onscreen couple for me would be Nathan and Sabrina because I could just be blinded by pretty and not care. Let The Chad be paired with someone who can act. Oddly, I'd love to see Michael and Anna because FH would bring out some amazing skills in CD and I think with his new Instagram pics, he's finally man enough to look good enough in scenes with her. After being paired with GMc, TG and having to see Anna look dumb over not noticing Robin was kidnapped for so long, she deserves this. Plus, we've suffered through so many shirtless Mo scenes. Need I remind you all of Sonny Takes Off His Belt 2014? Vomit. Plus, we're on BC overload. And TC overload too. I want some CD/FH pairing.

Think of how it'd make Carly freak out.

That's a spot-on interpretation of what I've looked like watching this show since the day <del>Sabrina</del> Franco, Ava, Kiki, Michael Easton's characters, Dr. O, Lucas' fiance, that girl who was married to Lucas' fiance, talking tree, talking tree's wife (we all know she's on the way), DNAJ,  Val and Lomax arrived to present day.

I tried to strike through Sabrina's name and it didn't work :(

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 1

Yeah, pretty much. I have to actually look at how pretty TeCa's hair is to lull myself into a state of calm. Like, the perfect onscreen couple for me would be Nathan and Sabrina because I could just be blinded by pretty and not care. Let The Chad be paired with someone who can act.

Yes please! Can they be paired up and raise Sabrina's baby, please? Since Micharl has been removed from the only interesting story he's ever had - getting to know AJ/the Qs and then seeking vengeance for AJ's death - use his getting pulled back into mob life to contrast him with the general uprightness of Ol' Plywood. I can watch Sate on mute and Maxie and Michael can find scene partners who don't bore me senseless.

To be clear, I don't think Nate & Sabrina are boring because they're "good", I think they're boring because they have all the charisma of wet cardboard

• Love 2

Maxie not supporting the mob with Michael Quartermaine would be gold. Tracy, Monica, Carly, Morgan, Sonny, Dante's reactions to Michael's new lady would be gold.

"Well, you said Sabrina was comfort love. Carly, there's nothing comfortable about these shoes."

• Love 1

I'll trade you Sabrina for Valerie.

My dream is that Valerie and Sonny get together so everyone can experience what it's like to want to drink, throw barware at your tv, and curse, and hate yourself at once. That's the true GH experience. I really hate Valerie. She's so pretty, she likes sports, she drinks beer, she eats, she's a cop. But I hate her. Because she's like The Cool Girl stereotype. She's one of those girls who does things to appear cool to guys. I hate girls like that. They rag on other women, but they're worse because they bring us all down. Valerie is essentially the female Sonny because unlike Carly, she had her bio mom there loving and supporting her. (I don't believe Sonny was abused.)

Michael was lamenting what had gone wrong in his family and how to make peace with his parents and [sabrina] suggested a way to make that happen.

I wish Michael had talked it over with someone other than Sabrina. She simply doesn't have a good grasp of the complicated history all this came from. She doesn't know Sonny and Carly that well. If Michael had talked to Dante about it, I think that would make more sense. Dante could have talked about how he decided to forgive Sonny for shooting him in the chest when he was unarmed. 

• Love 5

I wish Michael had talked it over with someone other than Sabrina. She simply doesn't have a good grasp of the complicated history all this came from. She doesn't know Sonny and Carly that well. If Michael had talked to Dante about it, I think that would make more sense. Dante could have talked about how he decided to forgive Sonny for shooting him in the chest when he was unarmed. 

I would like to see that conversation just because Dante has never actually talked about it. Probably because if any of the writers thought to tackle it they'd be like "how the eff do you get past that?", heh.

• Love 6

Dante would obviously have to say he wants a relationship with Sonny, and that's the most important thing, but I think it could be done. It would help if Sonny stopped getting exasperated whenever anyone brings it up. "I didn't know he was my son!" is the lamest excuse ever. I'd buy the "it's just business" over that. At least it's more in tune with what Sonny usually blathers. 

But the show was never interested in playing out those beats. It was all about the big moments. Ugh.

• Love 6

Dante would obviously have to say he wants a relationship with Sonny, and that's the most important thing, but I think it could be done. It would help if Sonny stopped getting exasperated whenever anyone brings it up. "I didn't know he was my son!" is the lamest excuse ever. I'd buy the "it's just business" over that. At least it's more in tune with what Sonny usually blathers. 

But the show was never interested in playing out those beats. It was all about the big moments. Ugh.

I remember they had a good conversation about it once - this is from the episode where Dante returns Sonny's wedding gift:

Dante: I can’t go around accepting $100,000 from you.

Sonny: I told you, the money is legit.

Dante: I'd feel like I'd owe you something.

Sonny: No, you wouldn't.

Dante: Look, maybe not anything I.A. would want to investigate. Maybe you wouldn't ask me to suppress evidence or--or feed you information.

Sonny: I know what this is about, Dante.

Dante: Maybe what you want from your money is a way into my life.

Sonny: Would that be so bad?

Sonny: It’s always one step forward, two steps back with us. But at Kristina’s party, everything was fine. Then something happens, and you get pissed off.

Dante: I'm not turning the money down out of spite. I don't feel comfortable accepting--

Sonny: You know, when you got shot, I told Kate--

Dante: W-which time?

Sonny: Last September in my warehouse.

Dante: Oh, so the time that you just--you just covered up the details.

Sonny: Okay, my son almost died, you know. A-a father doesn't forget something like that. But I tell you what, I'm gonna find out who did it, and I'm gonna take care of the situation.

Dante: Sure. Sure. Someone--y-you give the order, and some guy disappears whether he’s guilty or not. That doesn't matter. Just as long as you feel good that--that you took action.

Sonny: I promise I will find out who did it, and they're gonna pay. That’s all I'm saying.

Dante: Everyone pays in your life, Sonny. I mean, I got a bullet in my back. Michael got a bullet in his head. Uh, I mean, poor Morgan, he lost a father figure. I mean, Jax was like a father to him, and that’s got to be eating that kid alive knowing that you had something to do with Jax being killed.

Sonny: How many times do I got to say this? I had nothing to do with Ja--w-w-with what happened to Jax.

Dante: I know better. I arrested you that night! I know you wanted Jax gone! That’s why his--that’s why his plane ended up...taking a nosedive into the harbor.

Sonny: What are you--what’s wrong with you? You okay?

Dante: No, I'm fine. [Wheezing]

Sonny: No, you're not fine. You all right?

Sonny: Have a seat. Catch your breath. You don't sound fine to me.

Dante: Ah, it’s this...this stupid thing just keeps happening ever since I had the surgery.

Sonny: You mean since you removed your lung?

Dante: Thank you. Half. Supposedly, they only took half a lung.

Sonny: Whatever’s left doesn't sound good to me. Why don't I call the--my--my doctor or I'll take you to the hospital?

Dante: Doesn't sound good to me, you--you acting like a concerned father.

Sonny: Well, I'm your father. I'm concerned, even though you didn't invite me to, uh, the wedding.

Dante: No one was invited. My mother--my mother was invited.

Sonny: Didn't stop the Falconeris from showing up.

Dante: Well, they had inside information. My mother and I had to get my--my cousin to marry us. He was the only priest who would do it on such short notice.

Sonny: Dante, you sure you're okay?

Dante: Yeah.

Sonny: Well, you know what? Uh...I'm glad that you got married back in Bensonhurst, back home, 'cause I know a lot of people give it a bad name, but it does have a certain magic.

Dante: Heard you were there. A lot of people saw you in the neighborhood.

Sonny: Just so you know, it wasn't business related.

Dante: [Chuckles] Would you tell me if it was?

Sonny: Well, you know, I know you think that I only have bad intentions, but I am happy that you and Lulu got married. I know she had her doubts about marrying a cop 'cause, I mean, you almost did get yourself killed.

Dante: Let’s...let’s just not talk about that.

Sonny: Then you went back to work when you weren't ready. All I'm saying to is, right now, this money could give you time to recuperate.

Dante: I went back to work 'cause I-I needed to go back to work. And Lulu’s over any doubts she had. And listen to you giving, uh--giving marital advice.

Sonny: Well, I mean, you know what? I can’t win even if I'm trying to do something nice.

Dante: You want to do something nice? Take that check back.

Sonny: Listen--

Dante: And understand why I can’t accept it.

Sonny: I don't--y-you can give me all the checks back that you want. But I'm still your family.

Dante: I got enough family.

Dante: I, uh, should get going.

Sonny: You gonna tell Lulu you came by?

Dante: She already knows.

Sonny: I'm sure she’s not too happy about it.

Dante: Actually, she’s, uh, supported me in whatever I decide to do. She’s not the one keeping me from you.

Sonny: I'm sure you can do that yourself.

Dante: Yeah. I can.

Sonny: You know what? I understand why you and Lulu wanted to get married privately. I've been there. You're so in love that y-you want to live in a bubble and, you know, push away the rest of the world. But you just got to understand something. You cannot live in that bubble forever, 'cause the world’s got a way of creeping back in.

Dante: You know, I struggle with the idea of you every day. [scoffs] Are--are you being sincere with me or you lying to my face? What do I owe you? What do you expect from me?

Sonny: I don't--I don't have the right to expect a damn thing. All I'm--all I would ask is...to be in your life...and not just being your enemy.

Dante: I don't think of you as my enemy.

Sonny: Guess that’s progress.

Dante: And I know you regret what you did to me.

Sonny: Every day of my life.

Dante: What I-I don't think you get is the fact that you--you would have been wrong even if I hadn't turned out to be your son. You don't shoot an unarmed man, you know. You don't shoot a cop.

Sonny: You were raised by good people who taught you to see the world in a certain way--right, wrong, good, bad. I see the world, you know, differently.

Dante: Profit and loss.

Sonny: Survival.

Dante: Survival--Sonny, you--you're way past survival. You could retire right now and live--live a life of comfort and leisure. You--you'd never have to break another law, never have to pick up another gun.

Sonny: Yeah, I could retire and leave the country, leave my--my children. It doesn't sound appealing to me.

Dante: So you're just gonna put everyone at risk, then?

Sonny: We're going back in circles now, like we always do. You say one thing, I say the other.

Dante: Like we always do.

Sonny: You know what? You're--you're not just--you're not just a badge, and I'm not just a criminal you're out to--to get. You know what? If we could just figure out how to get rid of this garbage and just have a relationship...

Dante: And do what? What are we gonna do? Talk sports and have a barbecue in the backyard?

Sonny: Is that so bad?

Dante: Yeah, until I get a call that I got to take you down to the station for questioning.

Sonny: If you get the damn call, then you take me in. If not, then we'll have dinner. We'll talk about something in common. And if it’s just the Yankees, well, then, we'll meet in the middle. That’s all I'm asking.

Dante: I-I just don't see us having a barbecue in the backyard.

Sonny: How about New Year’s?

Dante: Are you throwing a party?

Sonny: No. Carly is. She’s the host of the party at the Metro Court. She invited Michael. Um...8:00.

Dante: Yeah, I don't know if Carly would want me there.

Sonny: It’s not about Carly. It’s about Michael. He--we need to, you know...get around him 'cause he just lost his--his--Abby, and he needs a lot of support.

Dante: All right. Me and Lulu will be there for Michael. On one condition--you take back that check and stop writing me checks, okay? No more--no more checks.

Sonny: All right. You know what? I-I-I'll compromise. I'm gonna do something worthwhile with the money, something that you would approve of. Can you trust me on that?

Dante: Yeah.

Sonny: See you on New Year’s.

Dante: See you New Year’s.

Sonny: You know what? For a second, I thought you were gonna say, "See you on New Year’s, Dad," but...I don't know.

Dante: Now you're pushing it.

And then not long after that they "resolved" that by having Sonny getting scratched by a bullet for Dante and Dante saying he now knew Sonny cared as much about him as his other kids, except that was never his issue. His main issue was how Sonny was utterly incapable of acknowledging/realizing that Sonny was wrong in shooting him.Sonn

Sonny saying/MB screwing up the line with "his - his - Abby" is hilarious.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 8

So much random Corinthos hilarity in the latest episode.

Sonny talking about "trusting the system" but the "Julian, the psycho, walked." 

Michael saying he's more Sonny's son than Dante and Morgan bc he knows how Sonny thinks. 

Dante wanting Sonny near his son.

Carly crying about "the violence!!!!" when she recently tried to cover up AJ's murder.

10 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Sonny talking about "trusting the system" but the "Julian, the psycho, walked." 

That line was hilarious. Sonny only trusts the system when it works in his favor. Someone else gets off? It failed big time. And as always, Sonny is making this all about him.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That line was hilarious. Sonny only trusts the system when it works in his favor. Someone else gets off? It failed big time. And as always, Sonny is making this all about him.

And on top of that, I can't stop laughing at Dante. Like, dude, don't you have enough evidence to put Sonny in prison? STFU.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

And on top of that, I can't stop laughing at Dante. Like, dude, don't you have enough evidence to put Sonny in prison? STFU.

Hell, just frame him.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Because Sonny knows the system is corrupt af?  He was recorded on two different platforms admitted to and openly bragging to blatantly committing first degree murder of a man he openly threatened to murder multiple times and still got pardoned.  Lol.  Yeah, I'd be like fuck the system too about now.