Type keyword(s) to search

The Corinthos Clan: When You're Related to Sonny, Who Needs Enemies?

• Start Topic

Usually I have no reaction anymore to Sonny worship but Sam's line today about how Michael and Morgan have done heinous things and Sonny forgave them made me go :O. Just....wowsers.

WHAT.

• Love 1

The line threw me a little because I was trying to remember exactly what heinous things has Michael done? He's had heinous things done TO him, by Sonny and Morgan. So yeah, it was a pretty heinous line. I was glad to hear that Morgan's done heinous things though. I'm evil that way.

I think Michael has done some pretty creepy things, but ironically some of them were FOR Sonny (snitching on Dante knowing/hoping Sonny and Jason were gonna kill him, not calling 911 when he was shot because he wanted to make sure drugs were cleared from Sonny's warehouse first before the cops arrived), not against Sonny. I mean, maybe she meant taking Avery away from Sonny? Excuse me while I heave. Or, hey, maybe going to prison and making Sonny feel guilty about it!

• Love 7

When Michael was raped in prison, it wrecked Sonny. Sonny felt sad. Sonny was mad. And there was the time Michael was born and wasn't a Corinthos, but the son of AJ Quartermaine. It wasn't even Jason. Ugh. Heinous. And now Morgan is bipolar, which takes away focus from Sonny being bipolar.

• Love 2
That's the thing, though. He's fine sometimes and then he's just completely zoned out other times. It's inconsistent as hell. And I've got no theories for it. Maybe he misses shit talking with JT before he's called on set? 'Cause at this point, I don't even think it's story related. He's never seemed like a "this is my pairing and i love this pairing and i want to protect my pairing and this is a tattoo of my pairing" type.

No, I don't think he is, but I do think he was probably wtf-ing over some of the stuff they had Dante do/say, more so than about the pairing in and of itself.  The zoning out is probably moments where he's like, "this is ridiculous". Maybe lol. Maybe he's just tired and the zoning out is thinking about how many diapers he has to pick up later.

And no lie, I got all sad when I realized JT being gone meant no (at least i don't think) FCW with him and Dominic.

• Love 1

No, I don't think he is, but I do think he was probably wtf-ing over some of the stuff they had Dante do/say, more so than about the pairing in and of itself. The zoning out is probably moments where he's like, "this is ridiculous". Maybe lol. Maybe he's just tired and the zoning out is thinking about how many diapers he has to pick up later.

And no lie, I got all sad when I realized JT being gone meant no (at least i don't think) FCW with him and Dominic.

It does make me dizzy (and I'm sure it makes Dom feel the same) to see Dante "wanting Valerie" to "still in love with Lulu" because to me, to make that work, the actor has to 100% be present, 100% be able to portray "love" with his main love interest. And that's where this whole thing fails. I don't want to put it all on Dom because that's not fair. But for these types of stories to work he has to be ALL in.

Aw, you're right! I bet JT would want to stay away from public GH related events...

• Love 3

I wonder if Dante will ever get to express a real POV on why he cheated on Lulu and then continued to be interested in Valerie, considering I still believe it was wildly OOC.

In comparison, as annoying as it was, there was a real precedence with the character of Patrick on why he strayed or became interested in other women. And I believe he said it in a scene with Carly. Something about how "Robin wasn't paying attention to me." It happened with Leyla, Lisa, and I'd include Sam in that, as well (Robin left and Sam was "there for him.") That was all very classic Patrick behavior. So even if he was a pod, there was still some inkling of truth. But Dante? There's no history there! It's so outta nowhere. And I fear they're just gonna sweep it under the rug and continue with the whole, "I thought you liked Dillon!" I can't with that.

• Love 4

I wonder if Dante will ever get to express a real POV on why he cheated on Lulu and then continued to be interested in Valerie, considering I still believe it was wildly OOC.

In comparison, as annoying as it was, there was a real precedence with the character of Patrick on why he strayed or became interested in other women. And I believe he said it in a scene with Carly. Something about how "Robin wasn't paying attention to me." It happened with Leyla, Lisa, and I'd include Sam in that, as well (Robin left and Sam was "there for him.") That was all very classic Patrick behavior. So even if he was a pod, there was still some inkling of truth. But Dante? There's no history there! It's so outta nowhere. And I fear they're just gonna sweep it under the rug and continue with the whole, "I thought you liked Dillon!" I can't with that.

I've heard some fanwanks, one of which was when Lulu found out, Dante thought nothing he did would ever make her forgive him so he just kinda gave up right away. For me, I don't really buy that he would work that hard for Lulu to not find out, even when it was obvious the gig was up when Dillon found out, and then he would turn around and give up.

Someone pointed out to me that Dante has always kinda given up when Lulu breaks up with him, after a certain point, but the difference for me in those situations is a) Dante was never in the wrong like this before when they broke up and b) he seemed sad that he wasn't with her. Here, it was like, "whatever".

For me, the problem wasn't that he had continued interest in Valerie, because I didn't see it that way . . . she always came to him. It seemed more to me that he was just like, "well, whatever, since Lulu is making it hard for me I'll just let this other chick service my needs", and that's definitely not Dante. I guess you could bring up the Brenda period, but even when Lulu broke up with him then he never went to go seek out Brenda and he didn't go find the nearest warm body either.

At this point, I think it would actually look better on the character if he admitted he had an attraction to Valerie and gave into it, and he hated himself for giving into it. I could respect that better than  "well I would have never slept with her if you hadn't lied!" That just makes him look like even more of a weakling, imo.

I could also buy a early mid life crisis sort of thing. Pretty girl shows up, damsel in distress, secretly feeling aggrieved that his wife is still obsessed with the dad that almost killed him, and he lapped the attention from said pretty girl.

or (as magnolia11 has wanted for a long time, as she can tell you), they could have given him bi-polar, but there's no way DZ could act that out as well as BC so I can understand why they didn't go there. :innocent whistle:

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

I could also buy a early mid life crisis sort of thing. Pretty girl shows up, damsel in distress, secretly feeling aggrieved that his wife is still obsessed with the dad that almost killed him, and he lapped the attention from said pretty girl.

I think this is the only excuse I'd ever buy. It's something that's common with men (and women, too). People like to feel needed and wanted and important. Would be very similar to what they did with Patrick. I just wish this particular story with Dante/Lulu wasn't completely out of nowhere. It was just like BAM! Nothing really led up to it.

or (as magnolia11 has wanted for a long time, as she can tell you), they could have given him bi-polar, but there's no way DZ could act that out as well as BC so I can understand why they didn't go there. :innocent whistle:

"Future Daytime Emmy Award Winner Bryan Craig" -Said by GH Cast/Crew/Execs/Writers/Dayplayers/Potted Plants

• Love 6

I think this is the only excuse I'd ever buy. It's something that's common with men (and women, too). People like to feel needed and wanted and important. Would be very similar to what they did with Patrick. I just wish this particular story with Dante/Lulu wasn't completely out of nowhere. It was just like BAM! Nothing really led up to it.

I feel like they were trying to make it look like Dante made an honest mistake, he wasn't really into Valerie (thus the scenes with him and Maxie less than a month before he slept with Valerie with him telling Maxie "everything is fine!" and him really seeming to mean it) to make him look less bad, but that just ended up, as you say, making it seem like it came out of nowhere instead of some innocent mistake. Because really, you don't just innocently have sex with someone else when you know you're still freaking married.

• Love 1

I feel like they were trying to make it look like Dante made an honest mistake, he wasn't really into Valerie (thus the scenes with him and Maxie less than a month before he slept with Valerie with him telling Maxie "everything is fine!" and him really seeming to mean it) to make him look less bad, but that just ended up, as you say, making it seem like it came out of nowhere instead of some innocent mistake. Because really, you don't just innocently have sex with someone else when you know you're still freaking married.

Exactly, there has to be something behind the cheating, a reason to go there.

Dante's total devotion to Lulu is what makes the affair so OOC. I don't buy a midlife crisis per se, but I think it's reasonable that he's rattled by Lulu's total devotion to Luke after the Fluke stuff, and then Valerie pops up all emotionally fragile (her mom died, you know) and having her own issues with Luke. But the groundwork was never laid for that, which is distressingly common on this fakakta show.

And I don't buy Dante giving up on the marriage that quickly, either. I'd rather have seen him and Lulu separate for a decent chunk of time—longer than a month!—and see them trying to figure things out individually and then together. Then split them up for good or put them back together. But this quickie divorce crap was just that, crap.

• Love 4

Dante's total devotion to Lulu is what makes the affair so OOC. I don't buy a midlife crisis per se, but I think it's reasonable that he's rattled by Lulu's total devotion to Luke after the Fluke stuff, and then Valerie pops up all emotionally fragile (her mom died, you know) and having her own issues with Luke. But the groundwork was never laid for that, which is distressingly common on this fakakta show.

Yeah, I've seen a lot of people say, "well Dante and Valerie bonded over Luke hurting them, Lulu glossed over Luke hurting Dante" and that would have been valid reasons for the marriage straining, except we never saw Dante express any resentment over Lulu not caring to Valerie or Nathan or anyone else. Like Heatlifer said, they never have really given Dante any proper POV in all this.

• Love 4

Everything about this story sucks. At least with Scrubs, the groundwork was laid for months with Patrick feeling second-best to Stone/Jason, resenting Sonny, Lisa paying attention to him and acting like he was a god, Lisa reminding him of his old life, Lisa paying attention to Steve and then him competing with Steve, etc, etc. And then the second after he cheated, he was like, "WTF am I doing!?" He initially didn't want to tell Robin, but broke down and admitted it. And then he spent months with tears and snot streaming down his face.

With Dante? He sees a messy room and screws Valerie in the bed he shares with his wife and wakes up with no regrets!?? And when the truth is revealed to Lulu via VIDEO, he's like half-asleep!? And then walks around claiming he's "already apologized." And then screws Valerie AGAIN in the home after signing separation papers in front of HER. And then asks her out!?! I can't.

• Love 3

Everything about this story sucks. At least with Scrubs, the groundwork was laid for months with Patrick feeling second-best to Stone/Jason, resenting Sonny, Lisa paying attention to him and acting like he was a god, Lisa reminding him of his old life, Lisa paying attention to Steve and then him competing with Steve, etc, etc. And then the second after he cheated, he was like, "WTF am I doing!?" He initially didn't want to tell Robin, but broke down and admitted it. And then he spent months with tears and snot streaming down his face.

With Dante? He sees a messy room and screws Valerie in the bed he shares with his wife and wakes up with no regrets!?? And when the truth is revealed to Lulu via VIDEO, he's like half-asleep!? And then walks around claiming he's "already apologized." And then screws Valerie AGAIN in the home after signing separation papers in front of HER. And then asks her out!?! I can't.

I think he woke up with regret. The look on his face was like "wtf" and it was only when Valerie made a sad face after he said "I reacted the most stupid way I could have possibly reacted" that's when he kissed her again and was like "but neither of us would have jumped into bed without a reason." How about instead letting the grown woman deal with her hurt feelings, Dante. She can handle it.

Much of the story has come across as Dante not wanting to admit that he acted sleazy. Which, like I said, imo, just makes him look spineless.

Dominic wanted Dante to confess himself but FV said that wasn't dramatic enough . . . maybe that's why DZ played the reveal half-asleep, out of spite lol. I say, only half-joking.

• Love 7

I guess I just needed Dante to wake up and jump the fuck outta that bed and told Val it was a mistake. And I don't care if that would have made him look like a dick. He was already acting like one.

Frank needs to stop guiding stories, I swear.

I don't know why I got so amped on this topic yesterday, I think I still have residual anger about how they completely ripped apart Dante's character for a bit of drama. I don't even care about NuLante! I realized long ago that what JMB/DZ brought to the roles is what I enjoyed about them. But now this show has me siding with Lulu and it's weird.

• Love 4

I guess I just needed Dante to wake up and jump the fuck outta that bed and told Val it was a mistake. And I don't care if that would have made him look like a dick. He was already acting like one.

No, I totally agree.

I don't know why I got so amped on this topic yesterday, I think I still have residual anger about how they completely ripped apart Dante's character for a bit of drama.

And I totally agree there too, heh. Watch, DZ will finally win an emmy and it will validate all this crappy story in their minds.

It's annoying because there's plenty of ways they could have gone about breaking up Lulu and Dante without the sheer stupidity and cliche of it all.

But now this show has me siding with Lulu and it's weird.

It's the obviously heavy writing against Lulu there for a while. I thought Valerie/Lulu/Dante looked more or less fine before the reveal and then the reveal came and it was all "you threw away what you had! You could have had Dante back anytime you wanted!" Dude didn't just leave the toilet seat up, he slept with another woman, that she had been suspicious about, and her husband told it was fine, nothing to worry about, in their bed. Be quiet, writers! 

Another thing that would probably make Dante look better - if he had said, "the truth is, I resented you lying, but I let it go because I slept with Valerie and that was worse, but the truth is I resented it and I still do and I probably would have broken it off with you if nothing had happened between me and Valerie because of the lying." They're not letting him own up to any negative emotions.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

It's the obviously heavy writing against Lulu there for a while. I thought Valerie/Lulu/Dante looked more or less fine before the reveal and then the reveal came and it was all "you threw away what you had! You could have had Dante back anytime you wanted!" Dude didn't just leave the toilet seat up, he slept with another woman, that she had been suspicious about, and her husband told it was fine, nothing to worry about, in their bed. Be quiet, writers!

The writing for Valerie is just....baffling. The writing for the female characters in general is weird. Lulu being the one begging and apologizing, Hayden screwing the man who tried to kill her, Robin apologizing for being threatened and made a prisoner....

• Love 7

I wrote this in June 2014:

It will probably be random and out of nowhere, and will be a repeat of the Lisa storyline Scrubs had (one night stand, woman ends up stalking them for several years). Or, it will go like this:

- Dante and a woman meet and have two flirty scenes, each one minute and thirty seconds each, over the course of one month

- in a scene that is a whole 3 minutes, Dante and woman have a fling after being no longer being able to resist their attraction after a whole month

- cue several scenes over the next three months (each 30 seconds each) where Lulu declares she has the most amazing husband ever and he is perfect. Dante looks guilty

- Lulu finds out and both she and Dante cry without producing any tears. This scene is almost 5 minutes long.

- Olivia finds out off-screen

- Olivia bakes them a cake and begs Lulu to take Dante back

- Lulu takes Dante back after a month. Tension flares up when Lulu realizes her cake isn't as good as Olivia's. This turns out this is because she accidentally stuck Rocco into the batter

I'd say I was decently accurate

• Love 10

I've watched GH since I was in high school many years ago. But I have been away for a few years and have a question. Didn't Sam come on the scene as Sonnys "girlfriend" that he kept in a hotel and has the show wanted us to forget that? I haven't seen any mention of it. And it's even grosser since she's slept with her sister's, Christina, dad. Speaking of Christina, wtf is wrong with her constant look of confusion?! That girl can't act.

• Love 1

I've watched GH since I was in high school many years ago. But I have been away for a few years and have a question. Didn't Sam come on the scene as Sonnys "girlfriend" that he kept in a hotel and has the show wanted us to forget that? I haven't seen any mention of it. And it's even grosser since she's slept with her sister's, Christina, dad. Speaking of Christina, wtf is wrong with her constant look of confusion?! That girl can't act.

No, not exactly. She dated Jax first and then got involved with Sonny. Sam didn't live in a hotel but across the hall. He didn't know Sam was Kristina's sister at the time, no one did (including the writers).

• Love 1
His relationship with the Qs, especially Tracy, improved tremendously and the business environment suited him. I also think Chad really felt it was right for the character, and I agree.

I don't know . . . I've been thinking about this lately because Chad and Maurice seem to be hanging out a whole lot lately, and it made me wonder if Chad was fine/pushed Michael forgiving Sonny and Carly. I think he liked playing the antagonism but I also think he likes hanging/working with MB so either was cool by him.

Even after Michael gave in and re-established some relationship with him, it should have been "less" than what they previously had.  There should have always been some undercurrent there that Michael does not approve of what Sonny does, that he wants nothing to do with it, because the life Sonny lives is why he thought it was perfectly fine to kill Michael's father.

I feel like, despite the occasional jolly chuckle over Sonny shooting him in the heart to kill, I still get this vibe from Dante, so as soon as I found out which exact kind of goat I sacrificed to ensure that, I'll let you Michael fans know and get back to you.

And while I'm here, I remember in another thread we were talking about how Maurice Benard seems really invested in Sonny "winning" and at least Tony Geary didn't give a damn, but I think, to be fair, that is because Maurice cares about his character and TG doesn't, he cared more about what he got to act out. And I think MB knows that Sonny is an ass and he has to stay viable to a certain extent, so that's why he supports Sonny "winning".

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 6

I think Chad loves working with Maurice and is clearly close with the guy offscreen so I'm not surprised he's happy about their having more scenes, but he was also surprisingly vocal about Michael's shift in late 2014 and early '15 and I thought those were his true feelings. I don't think he's offscreen glowering thinking "fuck the mob!" like I am, but I think he was never comfortable in Guza's old attempts to force him into a dark prince mold and it showed back then IMO. I don't think he would ever push for Michael to forgive Sonny or try to impact story in that way. MB might, but he wouldn't. (I'm not convinced Maurice did either, though - I think MB just liked the material, and frankly I thought of all the actors on Sonny's side of the conflict Mo was the one playing Sonny's guilt and resignation to the situation the most respectfully. I think MB definitely felt RC had marginalized him and was looking out for his, but I don't think that is necessarily at odds with his having a continued conflict with Michael.)

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2
I feel like, despite the occasional jolly chuckle over Sonny shooting him the heart to kill, I still get this vibe from Dante

I agree. DZ plays Dante as being resigned to Sonny not ever really being sorry—it was bidness, man!—and Dante has decided that if he wants some sort of relationship with Sonny, he (Dante) has to more or less forget it happened. Hence the chuckles of that rascal Sonny shooting an unarmed man in the chest.

Maurice cares about his character and TG doesn't, he cares more about what he gets to act out. And I think MB knows that Sonny is an ass and he has to stay viable to a certain extent, so that's why he supports Sonny "winning".

I still prefer TG's not caring about Luke to Sonny always winning. And I kind of resent MB for being more concerned about Sonny staying on top than wanting more challenges for him and the character. Sonny can be viable and be in the doghouse for longer than a week. Those two things aren't mutually exclusive.

I think he was never comfortable in Guza's old attempts to force him into a dark prince mold and it showed back then IMO.

I agree. Michael was always presented as the bright hope of the Corinthos, and that was clearly meant as the one who would go on to better things than the mob.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 6

I'm not sure we know how far MB would or wouldn't push today if he was faced with a big, big story where Sonny actually goes down for the count against the WSB if Jason flipped or something, and Sonny had to rebuild his whole life. If he still got substantial airtime and material I'm not sure he'd totally buck. Maybe 5 or 10 years ago, but today I think he's in a different place. That's the difference between him and TG, at least that's my guess.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3

Has MB actually said that he wants Sonny to always win? I think most actors care more about getting a decent amount of screen time and good material and less about whether or not their character always wins. And it's not like having Sonny loose sometimes would make him less viable. Having him rebuild relationships and regain mob power/figure out a different career path would probably revitalize the character and maybe sway a few people in the audience who don't like him. 

ETA, or what jsbt said.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 5

I'm not sure we know how far MB would or wouldn't push today if he was faced with a big, big story where Sonny actually goes down for the count against the WSB if Jason flipped or something, and Sonny had to rebuild his whole life. If he still got substantial airtime and material I'm not sure he'd totally buck. Maybe 5 or 10 years ago, but today I think he's in a different place. That's the difference between him and TG, at least that's my guess.

I think MB would be up for whatever as long as he was guaranteed he wasn't gonna get fired once his contract was up.

As someone who regularly mocked Chad's Michael and his teeny chipmunk face, I have to say I thought he was pretty hot/I was able to take him kinda seriously in the deeply stupid 5 family meeting episode. So while I don't think he should take over the mob, it's too bad they won't do some sort of story where he tricks Sonny into thinking he wants to continue it or something and then dismantles it all. I mean, of course in general, pretty much it's a shame where they don't do any story with "Michael [does x and tricks Sonny] and dismantles it all".

I never want Jason on the good side. I hate him too much, lol. He can flip on Sonny if he turns himself in at the end and goes to prison. Hey, if BM leaves (or if this show isn't cancelled before then) that can be the pipe-dream exit story for him.

Having him rebuild relationships and regain mob power/figure out a different career path would probably revitalize the character and maybe sway a few people in the audience who don't like him. 

The writers don't seem to realize that. It's odd.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

I think MB would be up for whatever as long as he was guaranteed he wasn't gonna get fired once his contract was up.

I think it depends on good material/stuff that could win him an Emmy, but yeah, I generally agree. MB had no problem turning on RC in public when he smelled blood in the water, when RC had Sonny rendered relatively impotent in story, and when he was only down to a few days a week. I think the first and third parts of that formula were what really set him off. For him it's about volume these days, IMO. If I had to super-fanwank I'd say he could sense Guza's growing disinterest in Sonny vs. Jason in the later years of that regime and is more concerned with appearing relevant in terms of presence and airtime. But that's sheer wank from the outside looking in, I don't know the man.

I hated Jason for over a decade and in many ways still do, but I think the recast/memory-wiped version has real potential and I don't think the show is shed of any iteration of Jason easily, so the only way to work with that and give him a viable future IMO is to rework him - that means he flips and is forced to work off his debt to society. Though if BM chose to leave and they actually wrote Jason out again 'for good' I'd be more than up for him martyring himself and going to prison after testifying.

I think Michael, like Dante before him, has mostly swallowed his anger and resigned himself to his conflicted feelings and love for the man who raised him. Again, that's partially wank. But in a hypothetical storyline where Sonny went down, I'd definitely have Michael's suppressed anger flare up again during the course of events - perhaps over some perceived slight to A.J. Then he'd be back in that zone emotionally and story-wise.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5
I think Michael, like Dante before him, has mostly swallowed his anger and resigned himself to his conflicted feelings and love for the man who raised him. Again, that's partially wank. But in a hypothetical storyline where Sonny went down, I'd definitely have Michael's suppressed anger flare up again during the course of events - perhaps over some perceived slight to A.J. Then he'd be back in that zone emotionally and story-wise.

That's kind of my best case scenario at this point.  I want to see something happen in this latest mob conflict where Avery ends up endangered in some way, and Michael loses his patience with Sonny, especially if you add in a revelation that Sonny has been letting his family all think he's not progressing with his recovery so he can appear weak to his enemies as an advantage in a mob war.  If the Michael vs. Sonny conflict isn't over yet, that would make the past few months much less heinous to me.  

• Love 4

The Michael/Sonny conflict was the most interesting thing RC did and I'd really like to know whether that reconciliation was part of the story he was actually planning to tell or whether the low ratings and General shittiness made him decide to change that story instead of the garbage with Fluke and Franco

I still think some of that could have been salvaged if he'd put AJ in a coma instead of re-murdering him - but he'd probably be in a quad with Nina/Franco/Liz instead and I'm not sure that isn't worse

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

They should just let Michael see parallels between AJ/Sonny with this whole baby thing. Maybe after they learn Carlos didn't shoot Sonny and then Sonny goes to the trusty old meathook, but wants Michael to do it. Let Michael have a damn brain or a backbone. He can chill with Mo and have conflict in character.

• Love 1

Lol. More like Sonny will miraculously rise from the shackles of his chair to save Avery from some threat caused by Ava (because all wimmens are evil) and then poor Sonny shall get struck again by yet another bullet or something. Because he is Dad of the Year. To the Child of the Moment.

• Love 3

The Michael/Sonny conflict was the most interesting thing RC did and I'd really like to know whether that reconciliation was part of the story he was actually planning to tell or whether the low ratings and General shittiness made him decide to change that story instead of the garbage with Fluke and Franco

I definitely don't think he ever planned on having Michael have custody for a long time. I think giving back Avery by Michael was one stone that killed a couple of birds - it was a step in the Sabrina/Michael relationship (gaining influence over him), eased the tension between him and Sonny and kickstarted Sonny v Ava again.

• Love 3

I'll be curious to see what's more important to him, protecting Avery or protecting his secret. His selfishness knows no bounds. Remember, he protected Kate over Michael at the warehouse shooting.

Michael was about 20 feet away from Sonny and Kate when Ian shot at Sonny. Sonny saw the reflection off Ian's rifle and it was aimed at him and Kate. It was a fluke ricochet that the bullet struck Michael.

Only the great Jason Morgan would have been able to save two people so far away from each other as soon as the shooting started.

• Love 1
I don't have a problem with forgiveness, at all. But I still think Dante has too much of Sonny in him, (more's the pity) and he tends to blame everyone but himself for what HE did. And that's a huge flaw in a marriage. He has to get over that before I would accept them again, and I don't think he will unless Lulu moving on were to happen.

I didn't think that was a quality of his until this hatchet job of a story. Actually he was still blaming himself until the Halloween of the bizarre 180. So weird. I'll always wonder if it was just a result of JP/SA's incompetence or FV deciding to show DZ that he could make people hate his character if he wanted them to (or maybe I'm just paranoid lol).

The only acceptable way for me, is have Lulu be with someone else, maybe even go so far as to marry/have that miracle baby with someone else, and let Dante see from the sidelines, what he missed.

I wouldn't go so far as to have her marry someone else simply because these writers (like Ron) are incapable of building a new romance. I would have had Lulu pregnant with Johnny's kids though, definitely.

• Love 2

If I pretend this story never happened and just stared at stills, I'd swoon all-around.

I was actually laughing about this with a friend the other day. Why do pairings/characters/etc always look better in caps? Clearly no one should talk anymore. Get back to those silent features.

• Love 3

If I pretend this story never happened and just stared at stills, I'd swoon all-around.

I was actually laughing about this with a friend the other day. Why do pairings/characters/etc always look better in caps? Clearly no one should talk anymore. Get back to those silent features.

Because it only involves the actors and not having to watch the terrible stories they are in.

• Love 1

I didn't think that was a quality of his until this hatchet job of a story. Actually he was still blaming himself until the Halloween of the bizarre 180. So weird. I'll always wonder if it was just a result of JP/SA's incompetence or FV deciding to show DZ that he could make people hate his character if he wanted them to (or maybe I'm just paranoid lol).

I wouldn't go so far as to have her marry someone else simply because these writers (like Ron) are incapable of building a new romance. I would have had Lulu pregnant with Johnny's kids though, definitely.

Kids? As in twins? :)

This show hasn't had a set of twins since Ryan and Kevin, have they? We need one.Maybe Sabrina had them, and that's why Carlos looked stunned. One little white blond haired blue eyed girl, one brown haired/brown eyed boy. Hee

As far as Lulu marrying someone else, of course that would take time, unless the marriage was a forced plot point that turned into more. But if enough time passed and Dante was still being douchey, I could see it happening.