Type keyword(s) to search

The Corinthos Clan: When You're Related to Sonny, Who Needs Enemies?

• Start Topic

You know I would volunteer Sonny first, a thousand times over, if there was any chance!

But you saw Dante's reaction when they thought he drowned: "hmm, sad. Oh well.  Now, wife, stroke my hair." Bless him for it, but it doesn't provide a lot to lash out at.

• Love 2

Honestly, I can't even summon up the energy to hate Sonny at this point. He's not even the most vile or ridiculous character on the show anymore. He's just hideously boring, but I have felt that way about him for years.

• Love 3

Yeah, I just try to ignore him unless he's doing something particularly egregious

Sonny does not exist in my world. It is so much happier this way :)

• Love 1

So, what's the story with Bryan Craig recently?  I'm hearing hints that he has been expressing unhappiness with the way his story has been going*...

* - Not that I can particularly blame him.

Bryan believes as a two time Daytime Emmy nomineee(because theres virtually no competition in that category) that he is entitled to a leading story of his choice.

• Love 1
True. But this is exactly the sort of thing that turned me more into a Dante fan. Once he lost the chains I instantly liked him more. But his family is always calling him directly to play personal cop, but have never been around with ANY of the baby dramas, Lulu's kidnapping, nothing. The more his family ignores him the more I feel a need to care. This is just another notch.

True, but to be fair Dante is never around for them anymore either really, so it's even. Michael and Morgan actually were shown worrying a bit during the whole Levi thing, and Sonny actually called them to tell them Dante had been found, so at least there's that.

I do wish he got more scenes with Michael and Morgan, but if less scenes with them avoids less time bonding with Sonny in the package, I'm cool with that.

• Love 2

Bryan believes as a two time Daytime Emmy nomineee(because theres virtually no competition in that category) that he is entitled to a leading story of his choice.

To be fair to Bryan, no matter how thick he seems on Twitter I don't really think that's what he believes. As much as we joke about how ridiculous Morgan's jealousy of Michael can be, and that he resents that Sonny shot Dante in the chest and not him, etc, I don't think that he would have no conscience, no guilt, and no remorse about basically poisoning his brother. Particularly when Kaka's dumb ass is all hand-wringy about it. Yes, he's always had issues with Michael being the clear favorite of their parents, especially since biologically they only share a mother and not a father, but for him to not care at all that Michael could die because of what he did? That doesn't scan for me, so if it doesn't scan for Bryan either then I can see why he'd have a beef with his SL.

(edited)

To be fair to Bryan, no matter how thick he seems on Twitter I don't really think that's what he believes. As much as we joke about how ridiculous Morgan's jealousy of Michael can be, and that he resents that Sonny shot Dante in the chest and not him, etc, I don't think that he would have no conscience, no guilt, and no remorse about basically poisoning his brother. Particularly when Kaka's dumb ass is all hand-wringy about it. Yes, he's always had issues with Michael being the clear favorite of their parents, especially since biologically they only share a mother and not a father, but for him to not care at all that Michael could die because of what he did? That doesn't scan for me, so if it doesn't scan for Bryan either then I can see why he'd have a beef with his SL.

He said himself as a Daytime Emmy nominee he believes he should have a better storyline. I didnt pull it out of my ass. It was his own words.

Not being happy with a storyline doesnt mean he should lash out on Twitter as if he;s God's gift to GH. Vets are getting worse then he is and he's still basically a newcomer.

Edited by In2You

He said himself as a Daytime Emmy nominee he believes he should have a better storyline. I didnt pull it out of my ass. It was his own words.

Not being happy with a storyline doesnt mean he should lash out on Twitter as if he;s God's gift to GH. Vets are getting worse then he is and he's still basically a newcomer.

I didn't say you pulled it out of your ass. And yes, its true that vets are getting worse writing than he is. But terrible writing is terrible writing. I don't see why Bryan in particular should have to be quiet when it could actually be worse and he could be talking about how awesome it is to work with Maurice and/or RoHo the way everyone else does.

:prays that JPL, and all three Ford brahs are either employed elsewhere or have gotten fat:

I just realized why Spencer annoys me so much. He's a slightly less twitchy MiniRex - Ugh I cannot imagine the two of them on the same show. 

I didn't say you pulled it out of your ass. And yes, its true that vets are getting worse writing than he is. But terrible writing is terrible writing. I don't see why Bryan in particular should have to be quiet when it could actually be worse and he could be talking about how awesome it is to work with Maurice and/or RoHo the way everyone else does.

1. Bryan already sings Mo's praises and has spent most of his time on GH imitating his acting style

2.More still has had more sympathetic writing than alot of other characters.

3. Bryan is still pretty much a newbie having only been on this show for 2 years he has no rights to be saying his story should be written a certain way. And he's been doing it for awhile. I remember the campaigns to have a story with his real life gf when she was on the show.

• Love 1
(edited)

Morgan is getting dangerously close to being an even bigger player than his father. Fucking the "aunt" of his current fuckbuddy/ex / "sister" of his other ex, on his brothers office couch!

Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 1
(edited)
My problem with it is that DANTE seemingly wants this. There were no regrets in the preview. The "There's something between us" line is disgusting for a married man to say. Like, at least have Dante be upset about it.

I hated that line, but I think he is upset about it. I grant you he could continue on to say, "and I've wanted to sleep with you since week 2" but as of now he's reacting because he (idiotically) thinks his wife is cheating on him. His first instinct wasn't to kiss Valerie - it was to hop on a plane and confront Lulu. It's possible that Dante is jumping straight to "cheating" because he wants to cheat with Valerie, but if that was all it was I think the kiss with Valerie would have been first thing. Instead he was turning away from her when she took hold of his wrist and told him she was there for her (I'm not blaming Valerie, for the record, there. Just stating that he was on his way elsewhere before she stopped him.)

I refuse to believe that he's been giving any real thought to "hey, I want Lulu's cousin I just met, because we both were raised by single moms," to the point where he so easily says, the second he believes the worst of his wife, "there's something between us."  Nope. Nope. Nope.

I agree. I'm gonna wait till I see it to complain though, heh, cause I could think of several reasons why he's saying that line. I do think we're supposed to think he is 99% sure Lulu is cheating on him

I do wonder if the reason they're having Dante cross the line with someone first is so next time he lectures Sonny or Morgan on something they can say oh who's lecturing me now mr. cheater or something like that. Cause seriously it would have been a much more interesting angle to see Lulu try to win him back for a bit instead of the other way around.

And this is the problem when you introduce, say, lifelike masks to your show. Because when you do, the scenario that would make the most sense within the context of the show would not be for Dante to jump to the conclusion that Lulu is having an affair with two weeks of Dillon's return, but him thinking, "oh shit, the Cassadines have kidnapped my wife again and they've sent an impostor with a mask to imitate her."

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
If JMB was Lulu, I would need a scene where Ethan/Lucky kick Dante's ass again.

Iiiii dunnoooooo. Maybe Lucky. MAYBE. I just remembered that Ethan was kidnapped during the whole fiasco, but with Lucky I'd be like, hey buddy, where were you when people were calling you about your sister being kidnapped??

There are exactly two people who have the right to kick Dante's ass - Lulu and Olivia. Maaaaybe Laura. And Tracy. Everyone else can sit down. Dante has way more for Lulu than any of them have done.

• Love 1

He could definitely use a public shaming. His mother needs to do it in the middle of the police station.

When is LiLo getting back from maternity leave?  Because I need a scene where she goes off on Dante for cheating on Lulu with her cousin. 

• Love 1

If someone says "You're exactly like Sonny!" I'll get my popcorn out.

Only if he makes a horrified face. Otherwise I'm still sensitive about the comparison, lol.

When is LiLo getting back from maternity leave?  Because I need a scene where she goes off on Dante for cheating on Lulu with her cousin. 

I know, right? Her last day was around the end of May, right? So it's probably like another month and a half.

I went over to her twitter to see if she said anything and I'm so mad this tweet comes with no pictures!!

Such a beautiful day with @dom_zamprogna and family.. Verity and Adeline had a lot to discuss.. (those are their new babies, for those who don't know)

• Love 4

I honestly don't care who kicks his ass. :P It just needs to be done. I'll take a public shaming ala Lulu and Liz, too.

Lulu needs to take after her brother and accuse her cheating spouse of "rutting like farm animals"!

• Love 1

Ric is not a Corinthos. He's a Lansing. Since Adela was only a Corinthos by marriage and he didnt even grow up with that family he's not a Corinthos. 

Actually Ric is  Corinthos as much as Sonny is since it was Adela's maiden name. Sonny uses it because of his issues his Dad Mike(Or Morgan was Deke's name I can't remember which). Legally his last name is Morgan that's why Jason used it. I still remember the first time I saw Sonny get arrested  and I wondered who the fuck Taggert was talking about.

(edited)

Actually Ric is Corinthos as much as Sonny is since it was Adela's maiden name. Sonny uses it because of his issues his Dad Mike(Or Morgan was Deke's name I can't remember which). Legally his last name is Morgan that's why Jason used it. I still remember the first time I saw Sonny get arrested and I wondered who the fuck Taggert was talking about.

No, Sonny's last name is Corinthos via his father. Mike changed his own last name to Corbin because of gambling debts or something.

Jason adopted Morgan because it was Lila's maiden name.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Jason adopted Morgan because it was Lila's maiden name.

Morgan was Jason Quartermaine's middle name given to him in honor to his grandmother's maiden name. After he woke up from the car accident and wanted to disassociate himself with his family, he legally dropped his last name. 

• Love 1

Actually Ric is  Corinthos as much as Sonny is since it was Adela's maiden name. Sonny uses it because of his issues his Dad Mike(Or Morgan was Deke's name I can't remember which). Legally his last name is Morgan that's why Jason used it. I still remember the first time I saw Sonny get arrested  and I wondered who the fuck Taggert was talking about.

No Adela was Cuban we never heard what her maiden name was but I'm sure it was Spanish.

Morgan should be the one seeing Dante as another way out. Losing his sons that way should be a continual thorn in Sonny's side about Dante.

It would be the thing that makes him [sonny] either slide fully into villainy ("I am the evil intent!") or determined to destroy down to the bedrock the very thing he held onto that compelled him to lose out on true happiness..

I wouldn't necessarily have Morgan look for a way out . . . I think it would be good story if Morgan's downfall and death in the pursuit of becoming just like Sonny, or having Sonny's approval, would be the thing that spurred on Sonny to redeem himself or finally embracing his villainy.

• Love 1

That would be good... but ultimately, the need to make a choice for it to matter. Ideally, you'd have had Sonny trying to force Dante to be his son by making him look crooked so he'd be forced to be on Sonny's payroll and then, if he made the decision to go straight and tear the mob down for what it, ultimately, cost him Dante would be the one fighting against it the most. Dante wouldn't trust that Sonny was making a change, that him showing up and wanting to give all the credit for 'taking him down' go to Dante being yet another set up. It could have been an amazingly messy, adversarial relationship that was never resolved the way Sonny wanted it to. Which, if he made the "right" decision to tear it all down would be yet another reason to hate the mob and the choices he made for it... it cost him the love of his first born son.

And let's be honest, Sonny is way too old-school patriarchal to not be completely obsessed with his first born son.

Maybe the best thing would have been to have Kristina be the one to truly be the Heir to Sonny's Iron Throne... but that's a little cliche. If I ran the GH world, Kristina would have been Jax' daughter.

• Love 5

Yes! Sonny has been on the show for 20 (20!!) years. There is nothing left to do with him but show his decline and his shitty life choices finally coming back to him. Or him finally realizing he is the very monster he was afraid of becoming, and all of his supporters are no longer buying his crap. And he has to change, and struggle with that change and loss of power and identity.

I think they don't want to offend Mo, who isn't old -- but Sonny is old and tired as a character, and his life choices should have prematurely aged him. That's where the real interest in the story, if any at this point, lies. But they won't do it.

So we have the hamster wheel of Sonny does shitty things, he justifies it to himself, everyone accepts it and eventually praises him again. Zzzzzzz....

• Love 9

And let's be honest, Sonny is way too old-school patriarchal to not be completely obsessed with his first born son.

Not long after they found out his paternity, Sonny had some line about not giving up on him, and after he left Dante told Lulu and said, why does that feel more like a noose around my neck? It would have fit perfectly in the scenario you worked out.

I do think after a time though Sonny's obsession would lessen. Sonny is old-school but he also cares about himself the most. After a couple of years there's only so much effort even he goes to win someone over.

I think another good scenario would have been, and one that I would have found more acceptable and believable, is if when Dante lied about Sonny shooting him, it was to make him even in a sense with Sonny. One of my favorite books, Scaramouche, the protagonist finds out at the end his great enemy is his dad. So the dad and son are about to kill each other and the mother reveals the truth, and the son has access to safe conduct passes to get dad out of town (which is why they were fighting in the first place.) And the son says, "ugh, fine. Take the passes, now we're even. You gave me life, and now I've given you life, and now we owe nothing to each other. Now please leave town and never let me hear from you again." On GH, since Sonny isn't going anywhere, it should have been changed to, "now never talk to me again."

And let's not get started on the absurdity of Dante's mother rah-rahing the relationship.

• Love 5
And he has to change, and struggle with that change and loss of power and identity.

It could be really meaty stuff, both for the writing staff and MB. Morgan could also be involved: He sees the father whom he doesn't know whether to worship or despise try to figure out his place. I don't think BC is up to anything like that, but it would be more interesting than watching him boink Denise  and whine about Lauren for the umpteenth time.

• Love 5
I still think the crypt sex was a new low for Sonny. Even worse than meat hook, IMO.

I honestly think, besides the Karen stuff, that probably shooting Dante was his grossest moment. He said it wasn't personal, but then he proceeded to hold him at gunpoint and pretty much say "haha you tried to trick me but I caught you, neener neener" and told him he was going to bury his body in the woods and no one would ever find it. I mean . . . what the hell man, what the hell.

So many gross Sonny moments though. Others that make my top 10 would probably be meathook. Throwing money at Courtney's mom. Shaking Brenda. Throwing money at Carly the first time they slept together.

ugh Sonny is so awful, this is why I try not to think about it too much.

• Love 7

Bringing this discussion from the episode thread, as requested.

Sonny has now had five kids by four women

So why is Liz the one who gets strung up for kids by too many different fathers?

For this particular tally, I'd make Michael as asterisk. The intent, I think, was to count how many women Sonny has impregnated and the kids from that. He's got a ton of dead kids, and the only one he really seems to mourn is the one with Lily. Probably because he knows it's his fault she and the baby were blown up. Plus, he seemed to have some actual positive feelings toward her.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 4

Dante seems to be on everyone's shit list these days, and I really don't have an opinion yet on Valerie and NuLu, but I will say this: DZ looks fantastic. He's been on the show a good long time now, but the scenes today could have been from his "undercover" days when he still had that sweet relationship with the child version of Morgan. He's barely aged. I've always liked this actor, both on Battlestar Galactica and GH. 

• Love 1

DZ for me fluctuates in age. Sometimes he looks more than his age, sometimes he looks younger. But oddly enough I think his first month on his show is when he looked the oldest.

Edited by ulkis

He's been on the show a good long time now, but the scenes today could have been from his "undercover" days when he still had that sweet relationship with the child version of Morgan. 

I think it is funny that Bryan Craig thinks  he is so awesome Emmy worthy. He isn't even the best actor to play Morgan. That kid was.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 4

It was Aaron Refvem, wasn't it? He was great. He was one of my favorite GH child actors ever, and his on-screen relationship with Dominic Zamprogna really was one of the best things on the show in that period. As I recall, he left to try his luck in prime time, and the magic just wasn't there with the next kid, who was also named Aaron. Once that became apparent to everyone, Morgan got significantly less screen time. Then they shipped the character off to Fort SORAS Military Academy. 

We barely knew you, Aaron R. But we had had Dylan Cash's Michael for six long years. 

• Love 3

The line threw me a little because I was trying to remember exactly what heinous things has Michael done? He's had heinous things done TO him, by Sonny and Morgan. So yeah, it was a pretty heinous line. I was glad to hear that Morgan's done heinous things though. I'm evil that way.

But the Sonny worship is way past out of control. It's not even remotely close to believable. History isn't just ignored, it's completely rewritten.

• Love 5

Usually I have no reaction anymore to Sonny worship but Sam's line today about how Michael and Morgan have done heinous things and Sonny forgave them made me go :O. Just....wowsers.

Michael did the unforgivable thing by not being bygones about Sonny murdering and then lying about killing Michael's biological father.

I don't know why Kristina was so troubled about dumping her problems especially on Sonny just because he was in that chair. It isn't like Sonny feels this urge to hold back when serious stuff happens to them, like when he told Dante about his poor, poor childhood when Dante was trying to recover from being nearly fatally shot by him, or when Sonny smiled at Carly when she walked on him and Sam having sex, because Sonny couldn't even hear her out when he caught Lorenzo kissing Carly because she was having feelings for Lorenzo after...recovering being nearly fatally shot by Sonny.

• Love 5

Usually I have no reaction anymore to Sonny worship but Sam's line today about how Michael and Morgan have done heinous things and Sonny forgave them made me go :O. Just....wowsers.

My soul just vomited. Next on Port Charles News..... Making a Murderer.... Sonny Corinthos. The story of a coffee exporter who just wanted to love his family and protect his sons, gets locked up for murdering his favorite son's biological father.