Type keyword(s) to search

Love, Lust Or Run - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I felt sorry for Liz, she seemed like a nice person.  I agree that she looked way older and had too many tattoos.  I wonder if she regrets some of them.  I know people can be very defensive about tattoos, but what they don't think about when they get them is that they may end up reminding them of a time in their lives they'd rather move on from.  Stacy reminds us that like it or not, what appears on our bodies says something about ourselves.  But what if we change?  Clothing is easy to change, tattoos are not.

Edited by Snarklepuss

Tattoos are painful and expensive to remove (especially the larger ones). I would be mortified if I had a tattoo and the artist spelled something incorrectly. To live with that for a very long, long time....

I could probably manage a temporary one that washes off in a few days. I'm a bit of a fickle person.

It may have been a good idea to the 18 year old self. Ten to twenty years later, maybe not so much. A permanent reminder of things done in foolishness/a bet/challenge, or 'true love', or whatever. No ability to 'move on' and 'erase'.  Maybe Dermablend can cover some (especially on one's wedding day when you may not want to them to show up - some still do). I suppose that beauty is in the eye of its beholder. Some are beautiful works of art, but many are not.