Type keyword(s) to search

The Spencers: Foiling Plans for World Domination Since the 80s

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, ulkis said:

Yeah. Laura and Lulu have semi-regular conversations with him and they're never like, "oh man Lucky is really off."

Lucky has said himself that he IS. 

Ok, I'm done now, I swear.

49 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Tying Lucky to Liz and those kids while at the same time writing Jason as "the love of Liz's life/the one who got away" was gross.

TBF, Jason was also the love of Sam's life, Carly's life, Sonnny's life, Michael's life and all the Qs except Tracy. Robin was the only one who got away clean

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3
52 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

And Guza, for me. Tying Lucky to Liz and those kids while at the same time writing Jason as "the love of Liz's life/the one who got away" was gross.

Jason gave Liez multiple orgasms, ok? The sex wasn't as good as it was with Lucky's brother, but still. PLEASE STOP JUDGING HER.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

Lucky has said himself that he IS. 

Ok, I'm done now, I swear.

But imo that still doesn't make what he's doing okay or make him look that much better. And if Depressed Lucky Who is Too Depressed to Be with His Family and Friends is the story they're going with, then I need Lucky recast or that resolved just as much as if it's just douchy roaming Lucky, cause that depresses the crap outta me in turn.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, ulkis said:

Tracking down a Stefan child would have been quite understandable. ;)

Maybe this is what Lucky is doing!

Probably not. But I love them both, so I will imagine them having adventures that are not written by Jelly or Ron.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, ulkis said:

But imo that still doesn't make what he's doing okay or make him look that much better. And if Depressed Lucky Who is Too Depressed to Be with His Family and Friends is the story they're going with, then I need Lucky recast or that resolved just as much as if it's just douchy roaming Lucky, cause that depresses the crap outta me in turn.

Right! 

The writers obviously just don't really know what to do about Lucky. And since they're so lazy they aren't trying to do anything even though he's not there and when/if they eventually decide to bring him back people will randomly just start talking about how Lucky's crazy or that he's an asshole that abandoned his kids, whichever story they decide to go with.

• Love 1

Audrey should just send DNAJ and the other two to wherever Lucky is. It would probably take Liez a few weeks to notice but I'm sure she'd get over it pretty quickly. The money she saves on childcare can be used to bail her rapist serial killer boyfriend out of jail whenever mean people falsely accuse him of murders. 

• Love 4
On 1/5/2017 at 10:27 AM, peachmangosteen said:

Right! 

The writers obviously just don't really know what to do about Lucky. And since they're so lazy they aren't trying to do anything even though he's not there and when/if they eventually decide to bring him back people will randomly just start talking about how Lucky's crazy or that he's an asshole that abandoned his kids, whichever story they decide to go with.

I'd be satisfied if they threw in a single line that Lucky had been Skyping the kids on a regular basis all along.

• Love 2

I think they're going to have to have him undercover in the WSB because I can't imagine Lucky having zero problems with an infant stealing murderhobo raising his  son Jake while his other two children are in an attic

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1

The last reference to Lucky I recall was during a Halloween party at the Metrocourt; Elizabeth was talking to Griffin.  At the time, Griffin thought Charlotte was his daughter and was struggling in 'taking on the responsibility of single parenthood' since Claudette took off. Elizabeth told him that she understood because the father of her "youngest" was an absentee parent, too.   I thought, hey Liz, he was the only father Cam ever knew too. Grrr at those writers.

I know that Liz mentioned "losing Lucky" to SBJason recently, but I don't count that because it about his actions or parenting re: her sons.   What I feel is long overdue, is middle school/teenage Cam being angry that Lucky and then Jason abandoned him.

But Julie was able to balance these less than stellar times for her character with a vulnerability which could help me understand her and care about her.

@Aurora2 , this is a genuine question, not snarky, but even around the time that Lulu asked Carly not long after Michael got shot in the head could she please go and make sure Sonny didn't target Johnny? And I'm not talking that specific moment, but around that time frame.

I thought her writing at the time when they were trying to make her mini Carly was horrible and that no one really would have been able to save it.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, ulkis said:

@Aurora2 , this is a genuine question, not snarky, but even around the time that Lulu asked Carly not long after Michael got shot in the head could she please go and make sure Sonny didn't target Johnny? And I'm not talking that specific moment, but around that time frame.

I thought her writing at the time when they were trying to make her mini Carly was horrible and that no one really would have been able to save it.

Ah yes, I had blocked out some of that time!  That was not a good time for Lulu and I'm very glad that she was moved away from that interpretation of her character.  I didn't dislike the whole period because I thought there were some nice qualities in the Carly/Lulu friendship.   But we also had to endure lows such as that specific request to Carly and an overall time when Lulu was a hard character for any actress to play sympathetically.   Point well made. 

That said, even in this time, she still had good elements - example her evolving relationship with Tracy (or am I mixing up my timelines?)

Regardless on that point, in addition to vulernability, there is a second reason I used to be able to withstand some of Lulu's rough patches.  That second reason is that Julie's Lulu carried Lulu's past with her - her mixture of sadness, loneliness and rebellion over being without one or both parents in her life - over her need to prove herself - a need I understood because of how well Lulu was written and portrayed when Julie first took over the role.  As I've said before, I have never felt this connection to who Lulu had been with Emme.  And the writing didn't help! 

Edited by Aurora2
  • Love 1

They tried to make Lulu mini Carly AND mini Laura. It made for such a mess in the writing.

People got on JMB's case for yelling a lot, but when her influences are JE and LW I can understand how it rubbed off on her. Although actually I think she made the choice to be loud on purpose a lot of the time.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

They tried to make Lulu mini Carly AND mini Laura. It made for such a mess in the writing.

People got on JMB's case for yelling a lot, but when your influences are JE and LW I can understand how it rubbed off on her. Although actually I think she made the choice to be loud on purpose a lot of the time.

Maybe the parts I liked in that era were her mini-Carly elements.  :-)

Yeah, some got on her case for being "screechy" and some got on her case for not smiling enough and some got on her case for both.    I'll  debate the not-smiling accusation more than the screechy one because I agree that she could get a little too loud at times.   The not-smiling accusation has, however, annoyed me at times.  

7 minutes ago, Aurora2 said:

Maybe the parts I liked in that era were her mini-Carly elements.  :-)

Well, I certainly hated the mini-Laura parts, since that consisted of saying she couldn't handle killing a man in self-defense and going on the run without having a mental breakdown, and somehow only Lulu inherited it and neither of her brothers. Which is why it was all a mess. You can't say Lulu is so fragile on one hand that she may slip into a catatonic state but on the other she's super ballsy like Carly.

• Love 1
On 1/23/2018 at 7:21 PM, Aurora2 said:

Regardless on that point, in addition to vulernability, there is a second reason I used to be able to withstand some of Lulu's rough patches.  That second reason is that Julie's Lulu carried Lulu's past with her - her mixture of sadness, loneliness and rebellion over being without one or both parents in her life - over her need to prove herself - a need I understood because of how well Lulu was written and portrayed when Julie first took over the role.  As I've said before, I have never felt this connection to who Lulu had been with Emme.  And the writing didn't help! 

YES. Julie played Lulu as carrying the past with her, and she had relationships with Elizabeth, Carly, Nikolas, Lucky, Tracy, sometimes with Luke, with Aunt Bobbie (I think), and with Laura during Genie's temporary appearances. I remember Lulu telling Laura how Lucky was such a great dad to little Cameron.  Not only does Emme not play any connection to Lulu's past, she's also very isolated. The vast majority of Lulu's family interactions are with her husband and his family.  I think she literally hasn't interacted with Elizabeth or Carly in a few years, never mentions Lucky, and I honestly can't recall if she's had scenes with Aunt Bobbie. Maybe they interacted during Geary's retirement storyline when they "found Pat Spencer, met Valerie, and then Pat died" scenes. 

• Love 1

She's definitely interacted with Bobbie. Lucky I think she's mentioned fairly recently. JMB's Lulu barely interacted with Liz, past, what, 2007?Liz is * She also barely interacted with Carly after Michael went to prison. (Personally I was more than fine with that.) It didn't matter so much then though because she had Tracy, Nikolas, Luke, Ethan and Lucky.

*I wish they would have them interact more, especially since Liz is pretty isolated too now. Although I might vomit a little to hear Lulu champion Liz/Franco.

I thought ER had nice chemistry with both JE/Tracy and TC/Nikolas.

Edited by ulkis

I've always loved that quirk of Luke's of calling the women in his life by their real names instead of the nicknames everyone else uses--Barbara (Bobbie), Caroline (Carly), Natasha (Alexis), Lesley Lu) Lulu.

I have such mixed feelings on Luke and Laura. While the way they started out sickens me (I've never been able to watch their lovey-dovey scenes without cringing), I can't deny the fantastic chemistry and acting. I can see how the writers were able to make it work.

I hate that they were so completely and totally shredded to the point of Anthony Geary declaring them to be "toxic to each other" and dismiss any possibility of the two of them ever reconciling.

And I hate that their destruction came at the expense of other characters. I was never a huge Felicia fan, but she was turned into an utterly moronic slut during that thoroughly icky Luke/Felicia storyline.

Edited by Camille
  • Love 5