Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: My Cousin Izzy / S01.E08: It's All In The Executions

I'm ok with the ending. I can just make it up myself. Galavant and Richard rescue Isabella and company from little Prince Harry and then go and restore her parents to the Valencian throne with the aid of Richard's army.

I loved the ending snippet of a song about a second season and wondering if all the singing killed their Nielsen ratings.

So many funny bits. "When he's 30, I'll be in my early 40's." "That's not that unusual!" Because, well, it's not.

Sorry to all the Anthony Head fans, but he was way too old to be Galavant's dad. Little Gal looked about 10 and Anthony Head looked 65. I suppose it's possible, but still. There's a reason why he kept the armour covering over his head, so we wouldn't see the gray hair.

Really liked the season. I always thought of it as a one shot, it was billed as a "four week comedy event". Hope there is a dvd with extras. Hope Joshua Sasse gets more work and exposure to a U.S. audience. Would also like to see more of Karen David.

• Love 1

A cliffhanger would be if Gal had learned of Izzy's plight and dramatically said, "I must save her! Come on, Richard!" before fading to black.

And the jester could have reprised the theme song, with new lyrics indicating that Isabella was the one whom Galavant had to rescue, complete with her singing "Galavant...," as Madelena did at the opening. It would have been a nice callback, while recognizing that Galavant's quest for his "moment in the sun" had not really come yet.

It was only after Gal and Dickie left that Gareth "protected" the rest by kicking them to the curb.

I got the impression that Gareth released then to protect them. There was no way Madelena was going to let them live. Edited by SmithW6079
  • Love 2

Soooo Galvant rescued the evil king from his true love.

I love that they subverted the usual fairy tale plot in that way. If we get a second season I expect to see Madalena in full-blown Maleficent getup, maybe with a pet crow!

• Love 1

And the jester could have reprised the theme song, with new lyrics indicating that Isabella was the one whom Galavant had to rescue, complete with her singing "Galavant...," as Madelena did at the opening. It would have been a nice callback, while recognizing that Galavant's quest for his "moment in the sun" had not really come yet.

I got the impression that Gareth released then to protect them. There was no way Madelena was going to let them live.

See, we totally could have had a better non-ending ending! 

Yes, Gareth protected them from execution by Madelena, but after that they were on their own, which directly lead to them seeking help from Baby Fiance and the creepy doll house. On the other hand, Galavant seemed to be prepared for long term involvement in King Richard's protection. Not exactly the fair trade implied in their agreement.

Edited by majormama

I liked the running gag of Galavant not being able to finish his song, only to not have a proper ending when he gets his chance.

I kept waiting for them to let him finish, expecting him to make it through the second line and then say, "Actually I don't know the rest. My dad only got through 2 lines before my mom would cut him off."

Having Antony Head in a musical and only giving him, like, 2 lines to sing is simply criminal!

I'm hoping they get a season 2, so that Anthony can come back. I outright squee'ed with delight (embarrassingly so) when he lifted up his helmet and spoke for the first time. I didn't know he was going to be on the show, and I was just thrilled to see him.

I think the show should have him and Faith Price come back so they can sing something really amazing.

It was like "Who kills Humperdink, is it Inigo?" "No one. Humperdink lives." "You mean he WINS?!? JESUS, Grandpa, why did you read me this?"

HAAAAAAA. I love that part. It's been years since I've watched The Princess Bride. I need to remedy that.

On a side note, Joshua plays a wonderful drunk.

Galant, to Isabella: You're so preeeeetty. (drunken faceplant)

Me: Heeeeee.

What's nice is that if the show does get a season 2, Galavant has an actual "maiden in distress" to rescue this time, someone who would want his help, what with Isabella locked up in that hideous Barbie room.

Forget Madelena - off to save Isababble! :D

Edited by SilverStormm
  • Love 1

I just found out, much to my delight - that TWC has Galavant on demand. So tonight I watched the final ep, and I have to say Secret Mission made me laugh out loud all over again, despite having watched this ep 3 times in January. Happy thoughts before bed! (Also, I had forgotten just how skeletal poor Chef is. I wonder if they tell the actor he can't eat?!)