Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual SAG Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

I literally just read an article today saying people were fed up with needing 83 different streaming services to see the things they are hearing about. I'm one of them. It's getting ridiculous that you need to have all these services to watch pretty much anything these days. I'm not signing up for more crap just to watch a red carpet. 

I am watching today's red carpet coverage on YouTube, for free, but I definitely understand what you mean, and I agree with being fed up with different content being scattered about on different services.  Some shows are only available via streaming, and not on an actual linear network.  But if you don't have a TV that can stream, then you find yourself in a situation where you have to stream some shows or movies on a phone, or tablet, or desktop/laptop, etc., while watching other things on the actual cable or satellite channels on TV.  Some people use their cable or satellite providers to stream all of their channels online instead of watching them on a TV.  Some streaming services only carry some channels and not others, so you might end up signed up with multiple services just to watch a handful of your favorite shows.  Some networks have their own dedicated streaming services too, with exclusive content.

It's all a bit too much at times.  While I am so grateful for the options available to be able to watch content these days, and have taken advantage of several of them, at the same time it can be very overwhelming and not always cost effective if someone is signed up to a bunch of different services.  It's all a blessing and sometimes a curse, for sure. 

• Love 4

This female host of the red carpet coverage was trying to tell Robert DeNiro which Robert DeNiro movies she would have with her on a desert island... only to name the Godfather movie that he wasn't even in!  🤣  He had to correct her.  (...Way to be prepared, red carpet coverage hosts!...)

Edited by TVFan17
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

They showed Taika Waititi on the carpet, and in one of the photos he posed for it looked as though he was forming his hand to use the Force on someone (which is funny, as he just voiced a character in The Mandalorian, as well as directed an episode of that show, and is now rumored to possibly be directing an upcoming Star Wars movie).

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, TVFan17 said:

This female host of the red carpet coverage was trying to tell Robert DeNiro which Robert DeNiro movies she would have with her on a desert island... only to name the Godfather movie that he wasn't even in!  🤣  He had to correct her.  (...Way to be prepared, red carpet coverage hosts!...)

Well, since they bother to televise it, they obviously thought they could just wing it. LOL! 

This interview is exactly why I don't like Eugene Levy

• Love 1
Just now, Fostersmom said:

Who is this girl with Dakota and Bruce? She's barely riding the teleprompter

Margaret Qualley..she in Andie McDowell daughter. She was also in Fosse/Verdon this year she was good in that.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, shoregirl said:

Margaret Qualley..she in Andie McDowell daughter. She was also in Fosse/Verdon this year she was good in that.

She was good in Once Upon A Time in Hollywood as well but she looked nervous and confused on the stage.

• Love 1

Knowing how stressed out Michelle William and Adam Driver* get about seeing their work I wish there was a way for them to not have to without seeming disrespectful (which is how closing their eyes and covering their ears would come across).

*Not limited to them they're just the two SAG nominated actors I know have this issue.

Andrea Zuckerman being the SAG president will never not delight me.

• Love 5

Two seconds before they opened the envelope, I knew they’d give it to her. Whatever. I will never be convinced Aniston is actually a really good actress.

And man, poor Elisabeth Moss. She's won everything else for this role but the SAG. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Though at 50, it's a wee bit sad. 

If your body looks that great at 50, I think it's anything but sad!😊

Just once in my life I wish I could hear "Robert DeNiro" and actually picture Robert DeNiro - not Al Pacino (and vice versa). 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I really prefer the In Memoriam segments like the one that was on tonight. Having someone do a performance while pictures/clips are shown like they do on some of the other awards shows has always seemed disrespectful and annoying.

• Love 6

Joaquin using his win to express admiration for the other nominees and Heath Ledger is a lovely choice. When he said "my favorite actor" I thought he might mention River, which would have destroyed me, but Heath almost got me there all the same.

• Love 8