Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual SAG Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I've never watched the SAG Awards in my life but I tuned in tonight specifically for political commentary.

And since I never have watched before and this thread is only three pages I went back and read from the beginning and got sad at the recap of Debbie and Carrie.  And also that someone said we lost a lot of good ones in 2015.  If we knew then what we knew now...

The memorial segment is going to be brutal.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

Dolly Parton with the boob jokes.  For anyone else, I'd be groaning.  But dammit, she's damn adorable and awesome that I let it slide.  

Seriously.  That was both super cheesy and a breath of fresh air at the same time.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

Call me shallow, I don't care, but I had to put the show on mute -- after a few speeches, I realized that tonight I just want to see who wins and what they're wearing.  So many good nominees.  

I don't think you're shallow at all. If you need a break from reality, awards shows are good for that. Hope you enjoy the show!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, mtlchick said:

That reminder that Andrea Zuckerman from 90210 is the UNION PRESIDENT. 

It seems right.  She would have been better than Brandon was anyways.

Noooo I'm not ready for In Memoruam.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, cincivic said:

No Dick Gautier? No Mike Connors? No Barbara Hale? I noticed those emissions right away.

I think they put the reel together at the beginning of this past week which is why they were omitted.

I haven't caught up - I just finished watching Lily Tomlin.  She's fantastic.  I read "The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe"  in my twenties.  Easily a top 10 book for me.  Her and Jane are quite a force.

• Love 2

Yay for Emma! I guess this means she could win the Oscar

I still think it can go either way with Hupert.  The entire union voted for this, but it's only those within the Academy that vote for the Oscar and as we've heard, members are somewhat older.  

Just now, legaleagle53 said:

Was Mary included in this year's montage?

Yes, close to the end -- three different images/clips.

But no John Hurt and no Emmanuelle Riva, who also died this week.  Is this primarily/exclusively U.S. actors in SAG? 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, cincivic said:

Dick died a couple of weeks ago, though. Mike died right after MTM. 

Yeah you're right. Thanks for the correction.

So glad Casey didn't win. Denzel deserved this award so damn much.

Edited by maraleia
  • Love 8