Type keyword(s) to search

What are...spoilers?

Athena
  • Start Topic

Makes perfect sense @pennben. I was so surprised to see such a small wager from James that I truthfully did not do the math, so to speak. I'll pay more attention when I watch tonight, but no doubt that is exactly what he did. I'm not used to him having to wager to win -previously his wagering has been to rack up $$$.   

3 hours ago, Toothbrush said:

And Kit Marlow - shoutout to us..lol 

I immediately thought of this board too....he could have written just Marlowe, or Christopher Marlowe, but*had* to go with Kit.  Clearly he's lurking about! LOL!

• LOL 2
3 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

What's the significance of "Kit" in relation to this website?

And a plague on the original spoiler's house! 😡

I hope someone who can explain this more coherently than I can will add it to the glossary thread! I know it has to do with Kit Carson and not being specific enough.

Not sure if this is coherent (or concise) enough to go into the glossary but here is my version of "Kit Carson explanation". As I recall, many years ago, there was a question: "The capital of Nevada was named for this explorer". Contestant rang in: "Who is Carson?" at which point he was asked to "Be more specific (BMS)". Unfortunately, he couldn't come up with the first name ("Kit") and I believe ended up losing the game! Thus, Kit Carson is our unofficial mascot. For example: If someone was asked "this singer blah blah blah" and the contestant says "Who is Jackson?" and does not get a BMS, someone in this forum would say "That needed a BMS! He could have meant Michael Jackson, Alan Jackson or Kit Jackson (Carson Jackson or Kit Carson Jackson also acceptable)". Any mention of Kit Carson we feel is a shout-out to us. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, illdoc said:

Not sure if this is coherent (or concise) enough to go into the glossary but here is my version of "Kit Carson explanation". As I recall, many years ago, there was a question: "The capital of Nevada was named for this explorer". Contestant rang in: "Who is Carson?" at which point he was asked to "Be more specific (BMS)". Unfortunately, he couldn't come up with the first name ("Kit") and I believe ended up losing the game! Thus, Kit Carson is our unofficial mascot. For example: If someone was asked "this singer blah blah blah" and the contestant says "Who is Jackson?" and does not get a BMS, someone in this forum would say "That needed a BMS! He could have meant Michael Jackson, Alan Jackson or Kit Jackson (Carson Jackson or Kit Carson Jackson also acceptable)". Any mention of Kit Carson we feel is a shout-out to us. 

I believe in the same game (or sometime in the same week) an answer of President "Johnson" was accepted without asking for a BMS, which made requiring 'Kit' even more ridiculous.

I don't think the Kit Carson clue made the difference in the game outcome - IIRC it was very early on in the Jeopardy round and a low-value clue.

(edited)

Thank you, illdoc! I'll bet it WAS a shout-out, because a normal response would be "Christopher"!

I don't normally watch the show ("Bitter,  table for one!"), so I've not read here until now!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Thank you, illdoc! I'll bet it WAS a shout-out, because a normal response would be "Christopher"!

As much as I want to think that, Kit was a nickname that Christopher Marlow was also known by. But a shoutout is more fun, so I will go with that 😉

Love your user name. One of the greatest characters ever, played by one of the greatest actors ever. 

• Love 3

I'm sad James lost. But I hope Emma, and others who come after her, continue to play aggressively. No more "I'll wager $1500" bets on DDs in the second round. I like confident players.

Thanks for the fun and exciting games, James. Can't wait to see you back on tournament of champions.

• Love 5

I just realized something. I always thought I would lose interest in spoilers once James was gone. But now I'm counting down, only 8 hours till I find out if Emma wins again. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Hey! Just thought I’d pop this to the top for the last time until spoilers are relevant again.  

Its been fun chatting and playing with you guys here. Kind of rare to all be in the realm of what everyones’s taking about  around the water cooler (if they still exist) anymore. 

Heres to Emma and a great run that brings us together soon. 

take care all.  

Edited by pennben
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, Abstract said:

What? Didn't they just have one? Or is time really going by that fast?

Ooops, I didn't check the date on my programming....Teen Tournament starts on 6/17....

I'm not saying I've found the three finalists (and maybe the winner), but I may have. Or else someone spilled coffee on three people!

Jeopardy_Mayim_Professors_Tournament_Com

I see two outfit changes (Marti and Ashleigh) and one person missing (Hester, whose outfit in her headshot doesn't match the group photo).

• Useful 3