Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: The Hurt Locker, Part 1

Tara Ariano

I didn't even notice Becky in a lobster suit...

I just thought it was an odd song choice since I remember hearing it when when I was like 12 and getting second hand nostalgia from it. I googled it and the original came out in 1978. Does this show ever realise that this show is supposed to be populated by 16-20 year olds and that they should have a few songs from the year 2000 or at least the 90's.

I find it helps my sanity to ignore basically everything that doesn't make sense or is stupid . Essentially I only like some of the songs.Everything else in Glee is a red hot mess that I struggle to retain 5 minutes after the episode. I don't find Glee all that progressive, just another vehicle for tokenism and reinforcing stereotypes.

• Love 2

Yes, true.  Max Adler's reactions and voice were probably the high points (no pun intended!) of the episode.  In fact, so far he's the high point of that whole triangle - he's obviously having a good time with it.

I have to say, even though I still associate Karofsky with the bullying,  and becoming Blaine's boyfriend screams of all kinds of issues (for both) that are a shrink's goldmine, Max has been great. I'm sure that's how he was instructed, but he noticeably softened the character this season, and almost made me forget the bullying story. If he weren't Kurt's ex bully, I'd say he's a cute cuddly affable guy, who doesn't get his boyfriend and that his rebound clock is ticking but who is into this relationship.

His acting in this episode was also spot on, and he delivered great comedy with the bear, and the "bears" which I cannot say for Darren. There was some bad acting from Darren there, and in the scenes with Rachel and Kurt, and with the bears exes and Sue. I thought he could handle comedy better. Otoh, I liked how Darren (and Chris) did the auditorium scene between Kurt and Blaine (the friends scene after Figgins exits). In such moments, I'm like, dude, why can't you do all your scenes well, why can't you try to learn and be better, take some acting lessons or something (heh, and then I remember he studied this in college).

Edited by fakeempress
I didn't even notice Becky in a lobster suit...

I was doing something else while "watching" and almost missed it, since it was during the musical performance and I've never been interested in watching VA perform.  I did happen to look up right at the very end of it so I saw a millisecond.

Seriously, isn't Becky supposed to be at school? And why isn't Puck stationed somewhere?  Logic need not apply on Glee though.

Sue was way too cartoon villain in this episode.  The tonal shifts in her character are so bizarre.  Who flips out over a plastic fork of all things...

Rachel made a bad call with asking the other teams to take it easy.  The more logical outcome would have been Blaine & Will declining the invitation to the invitational.  It was clearly a setup if the invite came from Sue.  They both know the state the McKinley Glee Club is in.  Why would they want to participate in a voluntary scrimmage thing with an opponent that clearly doesn't pose any threat right now?  It seems like just a waste of time on their parts.  Showing parts of their competition strategy with no real payoff/benefit.  They already know New Directions isn't competition ready.  Whatever, it's clearly a setup for the rivalries this season and probably paving Will's path back to McKinley.

Blaine's attitude was odd this episode.  I don't know how we're supposed to take his relationship with Kurt.  Also, he just comes across really smug and condescending when he interacts with Kurt and Rachel.  

Will reacts to things like a child, no wonder his team dislikes him so much.  

Sam/hypnosis is just dumb.  I really can't tell if it's supposed to be funny or not.  

This episode was just there.  

I barely paid attention, so did I miss all three words/terms being said for Sam to start his "mission?" 

For a moment I thought that would be the "aha! they really do like each other" moment, when it is revealed Sam kissed Rachel without the hypnotizing/love potion/magic feather really in effect. But since he can't remember it, he did forget like he was instructed to, so must have been hypnotized, so....ehh, I don't really care.

He'll care next week for whatever reason. I still don't. He loves every single girl he ever meets with the intensity of a thousand suns. I'm surprised he's not the one 

given the sudden marriage plot this time

, but I guess he has other things to do. Go with whatever god likes this sort of thing.

I'm not totally unconvinced that Darren is hating his storyline. Would explain his uneven performance.

Why should he hate it? It's a new stretch for Blaine, new circumstances to be in, and Darren seems to be making an effort to revert somewhat back to the Dalton Blaine whom I'm sure he liked to play. 

For comparison, I don't think Chris is jumping from joy at his storyline if he pauses to think about it, or Lea, but I don't notice any particular wavering there. 

Edited by fakeempress

I think Jane, Matt, Lea, Chris, Max Adler, and also Dot and Naya have been doing well this season. I even liked Chord in the last episode, I mean I didn't mind him and he didn't have to stretch a lot. 

Edited by fakeempress

SO. MUCH. SUE. STOOOOOP, SHOW! STOOOOOOOP!

Rachel and Sam, lmao. Glee has officially become fanfiction, hasn't it?

What are they doing with Karofsky? What is this, seriously? He's like a caricature now. Though I think it's the acting as much as the writing. He was better in the date with Blaine, but the bear scene... ay, ay, ay.

I'm guessing that the actress who plays Emma isn't available, but it's weird that Will is married and with a kid, but we don't see his wife.

I am lactating with rage! They wasted "Bitch" on fucking Sue! Auuugh!!!

I kind of give them points for the way they have chosen to get Blaine and Kurt back together, using Sue. It's so ridiculous and out there that I'm sure no one could possibly see that one coming.

Rachel is looking really, really, really cute this season.

I like the creepy twins a lot.

That Sue rant to Will was even worse than Santana's to Kurt. Too long and too "who the hell cares what you say you are insane and repetitive, so shut up, Sue".

Kurt and Blaine: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yes, Walter and Kurt: Golden Girls IS the greatest sitcom of all time.

I really hate this like the whole "someone pits friends against each other" plot. I always find it very annoying, no matter which show uses it.