Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E25: Astral Plane

Weird episode. Turns out the comet from last week's episode is a once-in--a-thousand-years thing, and it somehow causes Finn to astral project himself. Or something. He witnesses random stuff on Ooo before floating to Mars, where the comet is due to hit ahead of schedule. It gets blown up, but at the expense of Glob. I think. Oh, and Finn's alleged father is behind the comet. Or something.

Seriously, who do you feel more sorry for . . . Ice King or Bounce House Princess? I go with the latter, especially when it comes to trying to avoid her mortal nemesis . . . a porcupine. Poor dear.

I was really glad to hear, I forget which character, Starman or Glob? Saying something about the comet re-? I forget what. But after the previous episode I was thinking, well sure the comet comes every 1000 years but it HIT the time in the crown's origin story. So if the comet hit then, it's not still orbiting. End of threat of said comet. But at the time I was thinking what they'd meant was, it makes a near pass and only in that particular instance with Evergreen were they super confident it was actually going to have a collision. So that tiny line about it regenerating or whatever was satisfactory to me because otherwise how would the same comet be in orbit still?

At the same time, I don't think that was said comet at all. It didn't have the Lich swirlies of the previous one. I think that also explains the bit they mentioned about "it's never been so early or off course". It was going toward Mars instead because it wasn't the same thing. Same reason it was "early". It was Finn's "father?" driving whatever he was. But because of knowledge of the comet, and relative closeness to the comet's behaviour (although not so close that it wasn't confusing for Starman, they decided it was the comet, but it wasn't. That's my theory.

Was that Finn's father? I thought it was the space pirate LemonHope met in his wanderings.

I also wondered how the comet returns if it hits Earth every time.

It doesn't return. It reincarnates.

It's not the same comet that hits earth every time, it just happens that every 1000 years a comet hits earth. Naturally if something happens every thousand years like clockwork, people (well people who live for many thousands of years anyway, like Glob) are going to associate them.

Edited by Maximum Taco