Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: We Made It Through The Night

Camille and Zeek make a decision concerning Zeek's health. Sarah makes a big decision and shares some good news with her dad. Adam and Crosby clash over differing business opinions, and Adam stands his ground, deepening the tension between the brothers. Amber rushes to the hospital with labor pains, and the Bravermans flock to her side.

Penultimate series episode!

Tons of people called Amber naming her son after Zeek. 

That big argument in the hospital, talk about classless and disrespectful. Same at Zeek and Camille's house.

Adam and Kristina have had that talk with Max before...yawn.

Who knew Dylan could dance?

I still feel like Sarah and Hank have no chemistry. They never speak in full sentences. They're always stuttering back and forth which annoys the crap out of me.

I found the scene with the kid holding the souffle to be cheesy, but good for him. I guess the "Career Day" plot was to show how Snowflake Academy will continue to flourish. *rolls eyes*

• Love 4

First impressions - yawn.

Max is just a nasty person, and that will be what makes him unemployable. That and the fact that he looks like a psychotic killer.

Why do they keep having Kristina insist that Max is funny and then never, ever show even a single insistence of his alleged sense of humor?

Where was security to throw the Bravermans out of the hospital during that screaming match?

I take it that Nora moved to Europe with Haddie. And took the dog.

• Love 13

The ONLY thing I liked, besides Joel and Julia arguing in the car, was the kid with the souffle. Honest to goodness, Amber - "It was gas." No, sweetie, gas doesn't generally make your uterus contract.

I fast-forwarded through a lot of scenes - the singing, the arguing over each other at the dinner table - and how over-the-top was Amber's screaming? Here's a tip: You need to CLOSE your vocal cords  to push the baby out, not scream incessantly.

Max - he WILL be the only unemployed snowflake because his lame-ass parents never got him the therapy he needs to learn to 1) look at people; 2) respond without being rude; 3) shut the hell up when your parents are telling you to shut the hell up. But with Adam as his father, how would he learn? Adam is as big a pain in the ass, always having to be RIGHT, as his son is.

I wonder if Zeke (I refuse the other spelling) will decide to get the surgery because now he has a great-grandson, and he goes into the light on the table. Must see TV.

• Love 3

I liked souffle-boy, and I imagined Adam with a little thought balloon over his head with, "I wish this one was my kid instead of killjoy Max".

Max is still giving the girl he liked the creepy stare...ugh.

The rest of it I didn't mind, everything seems to be winding down and wrapping up.  Now everyone just needs to GROW up and we can stamp THE END on the show.

• Love 8

I was certain after Sarah had that personal talk with Zeke about him walking her down the aisle and then Amber called and asked her not to call anyone else that Sarah would have a car accident in the way to Amber and die. I don't know why I thought that, I guess part of it was due to the close call from earlier w/ Hank driving through the red light earlier.

I'm glad the writers are making the Julia/Joel reconciliation realistic and not letting it just be an easy fix. They have a long road ahead of them and need couples/family counseling. I knew her sleeping w/ the other guys would be an issue w/ Joel.

I was afraid that the scene w/ Max taking photos of Dylan was going to show she was warming up to him and eventually fall in love w/ our favorite Max.

Kristina is a bitch, I knew she couldn't keep her damn mouth shut. All in all she gets her way...as always. Now she has an unemployed husband, and no doubt she will want his half of the insurance check sunk into Snowflake Academy.

I'm surprised we didn't see Millie teaching art at the career day or Crosby doing music since we got Jasmine doing dance. Pretty soon all the Bravermans can work there. Drew can do the financial books and Amber can do...reception?

Edited by CMH1981
  • Love 3

I liked souffle-boy, and I imagined Adam with a little thought balloon over his head with, "I wish this one was my kid instead of killjoy Max."

Hee. I liked that kid, too.

I liked Joel and Julie having their argument in the car. I was mad at Crosby and Adam for having their screechfest at the siblings-only dinner. (Not being able to read a room is still a a dominant Braverman trait, I see.) Crosby's such a child. The relationship between Crosby and Adam seems to be permanently damaged.

My money's on Zeek becoming an ex-Zeek in the finale, but some part of me thinks it will be someone completely random, like poor old Drew, just for maximum WTF-value.

Anyone know who was singing the professional part of "Ave Maria"?  Sounded like Aaron Neville, maybe? 

It was Aaron Neville's version of "Ave Maria" playing over Career Day.

Edited by Sandman

If Amber had spent less time contemplatively strumming her guitar and more time taking childbirth classes, she'd have known you don't need to freak the hell out the first time your belly goes all tight and ouchy. Her childbirth montage was hilarious - am I to believe that she did this without any pain meds? Because Amber strikes me as the world's best candidate for an epidural. But what really amused me was the way she was thrashing around excitedly while holding the baby. I was screaming at the TV, "Good gosh, that's a newborn you're holding!" I was afraid the kid would go sailing across the room, like when I get hyper while teaching and accidentally launch a pencil at my class.

Now can we talk about Camille's hiking attire? Some gauzy blouse/jacket combo, a jaunty fedora, and hoop earrings? If she were my grandma she'd be getting a cute tracksuit for her birthday.

I'll agree that the Julia/Joel difficulties rang true, but I kept hoping one of them would utter the magic word: therapy. As usual I foung the aging/dying parent stuff true-to-life, and I found Zeek's decision realistic and moving. My husband has bet me 10 bucks that someone will guilt him into changing his mind because Bravermans!

Edited by Portia
  • Love 4

The episode had some problems- like Kristina- but I loved how everyone rushed to the hospital like fools after just getting a text saying "baby" while Julia's just calm at home like, "is she even dilated?" Loved that.

Random thing that's been bugging me all season, The actors who play Drew and Sarah get into a fight or something? They haven't been alone together since last season, I think. Or even just Amber, Drew and their mother. Odd, considering how close Drew and Amber are.

Edited by t7686
  • Love 3

This show has become like that terrible auto accident that holds up traffic for miles and when you finally get to it, you cannot tear your eyes away from the horror of the carnage and destruction, slowing traffic even more behind you.  I understand the dilemma of ending a successful show's run, but c'mon people!  Can't we just say, "_______ (rhymes with 'bleak') died and everyone else lived happily ever after?"  Pretty please?

Edited by TVAddict
  • Love 2

I still don't think Sarah looks like she wants to marry Hank.

I wish we saw Adam and Kristina talking with Max about what the obstacles are, and what he needs to do to become employable. If he's actually researching the statistics on his own, and reciting them back to everyone around him, then clearly he's thinking about it. The sane parent would address it, not just say don't worry, and then sweep it under the rug. They're such idiots. They play to all his weaknesses and none of his strengths. I bet he would tackle a checklist of things to learn with a fair amount of focus, and it would be worth something to see him trying to learn the skills, if he understood what was needed. But no one tells him anything useful.

I found the Julia-Joel story refreshingly difficult. The glowing in love and everything's all better face they were putting on it was seriously annoying. And then all of a sudden they're back to arguing, and tension, and Joel's usual habit of withdrawing-- I was actually relieved because it seemed so much more honest. They have a lot to work on, but they broke the pattern, at least.

I felt bad for Victor, because saying that just loving each other is enough basically tells him his first family didn't love him, and it's also the kind of bullshit he clearly recognizes as bullshit. They really need to get a clue. But at least they are starting to confront things, and admit they need to deal with their issues, unlike most of the rest of the people on the show.

Sarahs' advice to Amber's first sane moment in her entire pregnancy: don't worry, as soon as the baby is born you will know what to do. How about: start with baby-proofing this dump and checking it for lead. ANYTHING other than just wallowing in emotion.

I find Zeek's story very realistic and somewhat moving. It would be more moving if it didn't seem like a retcon wrt his and Camille's storyline up til now. But the way he just looks like he's dying, and how he's chosen to face it rather than play the heroic odds, is something I really feel for. Having been around a lot of people who have to make those kinds of choices, it's a very real thing that happens, and I think they're doing a great job of showing the way his vitality waxes and wanes, how just being around the usual family clamor wears him out, how conflicted he and everyone else is about what's happening, and how there is this split between the part of you that accepts reality and the part of you that can't stand it and feels like you're being torn apart.

Crosby saying what made the Luncheonette work for him was the bond with Adam surprised me. I don't know if I buy that. But if that's what they're saying, then I guess that explains why no one is considering finding another business manager to replace Adam.

• Love 4

Who were the other dancers with Dylan? Other snowflakes or some of Jasmine's students (is she still teaching part-time?) or some of her fellow $30-an-hour filing clerks? Because it looked like about twenty people and I thought the school only had 45 students.

I was glad to see that some of the students had more practical job interests besides the arts. Nothing against the arts, but TV seems to think that everyone wants to be an artist.

Max will never be able to work with other people unless he gets some massive amounts of social skills training. And no one would ever work for him because he is an ass towards others.

What kind of photographer do they see Max being? Can't see him being successful as a wedding/senior portrait photog or an advertising type because he is unable to accept that other people have valid opinions or ideas. And he could never be a photojournalist because he would not survive a foreign country for even an hour. And I am including Canada. As much as he quotes what Hank says, do we know if he has any creative abilities of his own?

• Love 7

Now can we talk about Camille's hiking attire? Some gauzy blouse/jacket combo, a jaunty fedora, and hoop earrings? If she were my grandma she'd be getting a cute tracksuit for her birthday.

She could wear it to paint in, rather than the semi-formal attire she currently favours.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 2

I like that Victor is being cautious about Julia and Joel reuniting. He has probably seen this song and dance at a more extreme level with his past and when he moved into his forever home, his father still moved out and the family was broken. I thought it was realistic that he didn't trust that everything would be okay. I wish they would have spent time on that instead of the career day stuff. That would have made for a more interesting episode and brought some closure to Victor's adjustment story (that they kind of abandoned).

We knew the baby would be named Zeek. We knew this. I knew this. It was said before we even got confirmation that Amber was pregnant. We knew it would be a Zeek the way that we knew Kristina would call Max "buddy" 4 times in one episode. But gosh dangit, I audibly wept when she told Zeek to meet Zeek. Gutteral noises, tears falling, the works.

Sarah and Zeek also had a nice moment. I cried when she said she wanted her dad to be there. My dad is getting older and I often think about how I need to get this marriage thing done so that he can be at mine. Sarah is unbearable sometimes but I could relate to that.

I'm such a sap. Next week is going to destroy me. I was hoping that they'd put me out of my misery earlier so that I could equally disperse my tears over a few weeks, but it looks like they are just going to go all out next week.

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 4

" And he could never be a photojournalist because he would not survive a foreign country for even an hour. And I am including Canada."

Funny!

This was truly a penultimate episode.... Nothing happened because they are seemingly saving the best for last. I hope.

This episode.... All the Braverman's have basically given up:

Sarah is settling. She has a firey personality that died somewhere.

Crosby has given up on his brother and can't find his balls.

Adam "ditto."

Julia can't or won't tell Joel to stop being a bitch and get over himself.

And of course Zeke is a being a big pussy for not fighting.

(Having a recently deceased "fighting" parent, I do not actually agree with this statement, but I needed to round out the argument. I would have done the same thing. :(

• Love 1

I haven't even watched the whole episode yet.   BUT -   has anyone woman ever gone into labor and wanted all her grandparents, aunts and uncles at the hospital while she's in labor?   labor, especially for a first baby, can last a DAY.   They should have all gone home as soon as they found out that the text that said "baby" only meant "contraction."   In my family, we call the relatives to tell them labor has started, call again when the baby is born.  No woman needs more than 2, possibly 3 people AT the hospital with her. 

They should all have been kicked out of that hospital waiting room for yelling. They're not the only family in the world, they showed no respect for anyone else who was in the hospital at the time. 

• Love 5

I think the Luncheonette storyline made sense, especially Crosby saying that working there with Adam is what made it special. That paves the way for Adam to bow out, with Crosby's blessing, and pursue his "passion" as French Chef/mentor/whatever else at Snowflake Academy. Then maybe Crosby keeps it going himself, with help from a newly promoted Amber. Still keeping it all in the family, financial concerns are addressed....

• Love 1

The kids playing Victor and Sydney are doing a great job. As much as they fought in the beginning, you can see that not only have the developed a genuine sibling relationship, but that in many respects their parents' separation has brought them closer together and that they've learned to lean on each other.

I feel like you can really see the growth in Hank's character. Even though he's still Hank, he's clearly trying so hard to communicate and be a good partner.

• Love 2
BUT -   has anyone woman ever gone into labor and wanted all her grandparents, aunts and uncles at the hospital while she's in labor?

In fairness, no one on this show has boundaries, is capable of imposing boundaries or, frankly, has anything better to do with their time.  It makes sense the entire extended family would simply sit around the hospital waiting for the baby to be born.

• Love 1

One thing I liked in this episode was Adam admitting to Edgar that he hasn't found his passion yet. While I think it's great when people find something they love when they are young, not everyone is that lucky.

But I wish Adam had also told Edgar that your passion doesn't have to be your career. Again, I think it's great when people can make a living at something they love, but not everyone makes that choice. I have a passion that I'm very good at and for a while I was growing it into a second career (I kept my day job as I was building my business) but after a while I realized that I didn't want to transition into dropping my day job and making my passion into my full time job. I didn't want to have to rely on my passion for 100% of my income and start to look at it as a job that I HAD to do because I wanted it to remain my passion and continue to bring me joy.

When Edgar said, "But what if I suck at cooking? What will I do then?" Adam told him that he could keep looking for something else he was passionate about. I thought that instead he should have told Edgar that sometimes a skill like cooking takes time so it's okay if you aren't great at it right away but that continuing to learn and practice was the important thing. I should have known that in a family where Sarah was a bartender, a playwright, a photographer, and a superintendent in five years, of course it's okay to drop something as soon as you realize that you aren't a genius at it. I also wish Adam had said that even if you aren't great at it, you can still enjoy doing it and it doesn't have to be your career. It can be your lifelong hobby and your passion that you aren't very good at.

So the budget for the show is so small now that Jasmine had to wear the same sweater for the entire episode? When they showed Dylan in dance class, I initially thought it was Amber and thought wait, where did her pregnant belly go? And now I'm creeped out that Max has a crush on a girl who looks so much like his cousin. Since Jasmine was there teaching for career day, I really want to know how Snowflake Academy suddenly has a million students who dance.

I totally cracked up during the segueway from the Snowflake student to Aaron Neville singing Ave Maria. I was like hey, if you can sing like Aaron Neville then you're definitely employable!

I can't believe that I had to listen to not one but TWO Braverman family blowouts in this episode (on top of Hank, Sarah, and Amber yelling over each other before they went to the hospital the first time). These assholes have absolutely no self control whatsoever. Yes, the waiting room in a hospital is the place to have a screaming match. There aren't other people there who might appreciate some peace and quiet so by all means, yell and air your grievances! Similarly, the fight at dinner was ridiculous. I mean, I get it. It is so easy for family members to remember something old and then start fighting about shit that happened decades ago, but at the same time STFU, Bravermans! Even Zeek was like ugh, these jerks are ruining dinner! It was hard for me to feel too sorry for him though since he is just as bad and the very reason why his kids are that way.

Regardless of whether Sarah and Hank are right for each other, I totally understood her wanting to make sure her dad would be at the wedding. My dad was very sick (the doctors gave him a terminal diagnosis) so every wedding that I attended, I had to quietly slip out of the reception during the father daughter dances because I would start crying at the thought of my dad not being at my wedding. We ended up pushing up the date of our wedding to make sure he would still be alive for it, so I really REALLY got Sarah in that moment. I hope that she and Hank go to wherever that place was where he wanted to get married for their honeymoon so they can still see it.

ITA that the main reason Max will be unemployable will not be his autism but the fact that Kristina and Adam have raised him to be a bossy intolerant loud mouthed bully who steamrolls everyone around him.

Joel and Julia's reunion was realistically messy, which was a great contrast from the usual "we're back together so everything is back to normal" reconciliations often seen on tv. I'm glad that Julia forced them to talk about it. Yes, arguing sucks but so does letting important issues fester until your relationship implodes. As much as I understand Joel not wanting to pick that fresh scab AND not wanting to upset the kids, he can't think the best idea is to ignore all the issues. Hey, guys! You know how you can talk about your issues without upsetting the kids? Make an appointment to go to therapy! You can talk about your issues far away from the kids. Everybody wins! The saddest thing was when Victor looked at them arguing in the backyard and then looked at his sister and then back at them. Poor kid.

While I support Zeek's right to decide whether or not to have surgery (because it's his body, after all), what annoys me is knowing that if the situation were reversed, he would bully Camille into doing whatever he wanted (which you know would be having the surgery with him guilt tripping her because he would tell her that he can't live without her).

• Love 6

Max will never be able to work with other people unless he gets some massive amounts of social skills training. And no one would ever work for him because he is an ass towards others.

In fairness, employers need to learn about how autistic people work with others. There are some big companies hiring them because the non-auitstic workers are trained in how to interpret Autistic needs. This should be mainstreamed. Most Autistics do learn how to work with others, but the socializations takes a lot of energy. This is one reason why autism IS a disability (some people say it is not). Accommodations are needed and one accommodation is how co-workers can be helpful.

Of course we know Max's problems is not his disability, it is his upbringing. Even if social skills classes were applicable, he would still be an asshole, and nobody likes to work with openly proud assholes.

And because this is the show it is, logic and common sense cannot apply. And Max could work with any Braverman since they seem to think he is so awesome. Kristina could hire Max as a co-principal. Never mind the lack of anything. College, degree? Nah! He is a Braaaavermannnnnnn

Thankful again for the synopsis. Not watching

Although I know Kristina has been annoying many times in this show, I still feel that Jasmine was out of line and Kristina had a good reason to be frustrated.  I found it refreshing that she was honest and that the whole story came out, because it is clear that Adam wasn't completely convinced about doing it given that he didn't defend his decision very strongly and they were packing up in the end.  Plus I think it is good that Crosby knows that Adam changed his mind mainly because of Jasmine so that Crosby was able to determine if having the Luncheonette was worth it without the other partner fully on board.  Plus Amber is having a baby, and the Luncheonette would have little money to pay her--so in reality she needs an actual paying job anyway :-)

I am liking the Zeke storyline.  As stated above, I find it realistic how he is living with the reality of what decisions he has to make, how it affects his life, and in the meantime feels the weakness of his condition.

Agree with others that it is good Joel and Julia's storyline is realistic and not just that everything is great all of the sudden.  I think they have what it takes to make it through.

I have actually liked Amber the last few episodes.  I love how the actress truly looks like she is really into her mom and what her mom has to tell her--something about how she looks at her when she speaks, I find endearing.  I am glad they had a fairly simple birth, and that she made the choice many women would make, which is to have minimal people around for the labor.  That was a nice experience for her and her mom as well.  

As for Sarah and Hank, I kind of like that they have a simple relationship.  I feel like she isn't passionate about him, but realizes that he is a comfort and stability for her and she understands the value of that kind of love in her life now.  I also found it sweet she wanted her dad there.

• Love 5

And he could never be a photojournalist because he would not survive a foreign country for even an hour. And I am including Canada. As much as he quotes what Hank says, do we know if he has any creative abilities of his own?

Ok, I just snorted & can't stop giggling. I was teary-eyed thru the whole epi.

I still love me some Peter Krause!! I guess no one's gonna die? And Sarah is settling.

Amber finally had a moment of clarity and wondered how she was going to be a single parent with a low paying job at a company that may or may not be going under and Sarah's advice is to tell her not to worry about it? No, Sarah, she SHOULD be worrying about it! You know why? You don't have a guest house where Amber and the baby can live indefinitely. Amber is right to be worried about how she wil support herself and this child. She SHOULD be thinking about realistic ways that she can make this happen so as much as I appreciate Sarah trying to keep her from being stressed out, I hate that her advice was to basically tell her not to think about it.

• Love 5

I fast-forwarded through a lot of scenes - the singing, the arguing over each other at the dinner table - and how over-the-top was Amber's screaming? Here's a tip: You need to CLOSE your vocal cords  to push the baby out, not scream incessantly.

When I was doing labor support, we did tell women that CONTROLLED vocalization is actually helpful in getting the baby out (open mouth=open vagina) rather than "purple pushing" (holding one's breath). But what she was doing was completely insane. TV versions of labor and delivery drive me crazy...it's why I love Call the Midwife.

I'm not surprised she'd do it without drugs, because California. That part was actually realistic to me. 

I'm kind of hoping she spells his name "Zeeek". 

• Love 6

Sarah and Hank are ending up just smacking me in the chest in every scene, much to my surprise.  I could barely contain myself.  And I did not know Lauren Graham could sing.  There was so much I liked in this episode that many others didn't, I guess.  My only hates are yelling in the hospital waiting area, screaming while in labor (always hate that on t.v., so unrealistic), Kristina lashing out at Jasmine and lavishing fake praise on Max, and Jasmine's students at career night --way too professional to my eye.

I loved the kid and his souffle. Adam's joy at helping him made me think maybe he is finding his passion and will teach for real.  Zeke's situation and how the actor plays it, gut punches me.  Victor and Sidney's expressions while Joel and Julia are fighting on the patio, well done.  Sarah and Amber's bond, I feel it (notwithstanding the 'don't worry' attitude).   Aaron Neville singing, golden. 

I'm going to miss this. 

• Love 5
Jasmine's students at career night --way too professional to my eye.

What I truly would have loved is if Jasmine had told the students she was going to show them the reality of life for most persons aspiring to be professional dancers, followed immediately by her dragging out a giant file cabinet to demonstrate the mad filing skills that helped her land the most lucrative filing job in northern California. 

She SHOULD be thinking about realistic ways that she can make this happen so as much as I appreciate Sarah trying to keep her from being stressed out, I hate that her advice was to basically tell her not to think about it.

I did wonder where the heck Amber's realistic attitude was during the last nine months.   I realize it isn't uncommon for new parents (or a parent) to have unrealistic expectations as to what to expect with a new baby, but jeez, Amber is almost comically unprepared for being a single mom.  She has an unreliable support system in her mother, a very shaky source of income and, of course, she locks her apartment with a bike lock, suggesting it's not a particularly secure place for a baby. 

Edited by txhorns79
  • Love 3

I thought Joel said he didn't sleep with anybody while they were separated? He did?

No, he didn't sleep w/anyone.  Julia assumed he had been going out on dates and probably slept w/his boss-lady she had suspicions about.  When he said "we both slept w/people, he was just in shock and repeating what she said b/c he thought it was just her lawyer-boss guy that she was seeing, and now it seemed his wife was getting around.

• Love 1

When the show opened with Zeke and Camille trudging uphill, I wondered if they were trying to kill him. A nice walk in the park? OK. Uphill with serious heart failure? Death wish. I do find the way they're dealing with Zeke's end of life issues realistic. The way his doctor explained it, he's probably going to die soon no matter what he does, so I think it's reasonable to decide how you want to spend your final days instead of trying surgery again.

I hope Amber has spent the last nine months reading baby care books, lining up day care, and figuring how to support herself and the baby. But probably not. Waiting until you go into labor and then...what was the plan? Positive thoughts? Babies are a lot of a work and a huge responsibility. Sarah was right about instantly falling in love with your baby when you hold him for the first time, but there are so many practical concerns. I guess she'll take after her mother and stumble through life.

No chemistry between Sarah and Hank. It looks more like a friendship, but maybe that's OK.

When Kristina and Adam walked into Max's room, I foolishly thought they were going to discuss how rude he was with the boy making the souffle. I actually thought that since he was dealing with another autistic child Adam would realize how Max's words hurt. But no. Another pep talk with no discussion of his behavior.

The Zeke and Sarah scene got me. It's so hard to lose a parent.

Edited by SuzE
  • Love 2

AuxArx, if you follow the show on Twitter or Facebook, they will post an episode soundtrack by tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks...I wasn't sure I could ask about other sites.  There was another song I wondered about, too, so I'll be visiting those places to find my answers.

I thought both Jasmine and Kristina were out of line. Not that they couldn't have opinions - their husband's work situation impacts them. But Crosby and Adam were the business owners, and it was their decision to make. I totally get Crosby's injured pride when it came to Jasmine's interference, but it did reveal that for him, the truly special part of the business was being with his brother. Which is actually an important realization.

Okay, ladies who've given birth, was it just me, or did you cringe at Amber sitting cross-legged holding the baby just hours after delivering? Maybe there've been miraculous new techniques to speed up healing, but still.... Nevertheless, I got the feels with Zeke and the baby.

• Love 4

Okay, ladies who've given birth, was it just me, or did you cringe at Amber sitting cross-legged holding the baby just hours after delivering? Maybe there've been miraculous new techniques to speed up healing, but still.... Nevertheless, I got the feels with Zeke and the baby.

Oh yes, I cringed, that would not happen.  Was there no one on set who's actually delivered a baby?  No, there must not have been between that and the prolonged screaming which only makes everything hurt more. 

• Love 2

My money's on Zeek becoming an ex-Zeek in the finale, but some part of me thinks it will be someone completely random, like poor old Drew, just for maximum WTF-value.

Nah, not Drew. More likely Haddie since we never, ever see her. Then they can get through the entire grieving process in one episode and move on to a happily, ever after ending.

Sarah and Zeek also had a nice moment. I cried when she said she wanted her dad to be there. My dad is getting older and I often think about how I need to get this marriage thing done so that he can be at mine. Sarah is unbearable sometimes but I could relate to that.

Me too! My dad just turned 70 and I'm unfortunately getting up in age and after his quadruple bypass in 2013...gah. I related immensely with Sarah. I feel the same way. But unlike her, I refuse to settle for a man just so I'll have one. But one of my biggest fears these days is my dad won't be around should I finally find someone.

While I love this show -- more in the beginning before it became such a cluster -- I also kind of hate it. The past few seasons have been immensely yet comforting to watch. I mentioned my dad above and so the story line with Zeek and his health really hit home. Also, when Kristina was going through breast cancer, so was my mom. My parents are a full day's drive from me so I only see them once or twice a year. It was gut wrenching watching these things on the show while knowing it was what my parents were dealing with as well. It was comforting too though because it gave me a tiny bit more insight to what was probably going on at home. Especially since I'm the last to know anything and my parents sugarcoat everything.

• Love 2
Why do they keep having Kristina insist that Max is funny and then never, ever show even a single insistence of his alleged sense of humor?

To show how delusional Kristina continues to be about Max?  I have never once seen him be funny, and even Max has called her out on saying that he's funny because he isn't.  At all.

• Love 4