Type keyword(s) to search

Storage Wars - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I don't know where they dug up this Chad guy.  But I can't believe they decided to keep him instead of Brando. 

Perhaps Chad works extremely cheap(?)

And agree with others -- this used to be one of my "must see" shows.  Now I barely remember when it is on.

• Love 1

I haven't seen the episodes with Darrel's new protege but I'm sure he's somebody that works for Bugs Bunny (aka Darrel...his teeth remind me of Bugs Bunny. But I think Bugs is cute so don't hate me). Or he could be someone Darrel's fiance knows. Darrel and the gf talked about how they first met at Starbuck's discussing ideas for a new reality show. Good luck with that Darrel....you are so not interesting enough to have your own show. 

• Love 1

Ok this new girl doing the auctions now is on my list of wishing she was gone. The second she opened her mouth and acted stupid about California having mountains and snow...I was done there. Just reminded me of the stupid crap spewed from Laura and Dan at times. 

Is it just me or does it seem like they are going to so called "experts" on items that are more iffy than actual "experts" compared to the past seasons? 

Who knows if the so called "experts" are really considered professional experts. I doubt the shows producers have the money it would cost to pay real bona fide experts to evaluate the "finds". This show is so fake. Barry and his buddy were the only real thing about this show. 

• Love 1

Which could be the case. It just seems like as the seasons have gone on its some random in a store that you have some random employee telling them about the item they found and the worth. All of which is so far off that it makes it hard to believe what is said. As it is I have always questioned them on what they "assumed" the storage units were worth and if they sold anything for what they claimed they would. I'm wondering how much longer this show has at this point. Between Jarrod and Brandi losing their store and from what I understand Darrell doesn't have anything either (unless still selling at swap meets)...it seems pointless for them to even be on the show at this point "buying" storage units. 

• Love 1

I thought Darrel was selling his items online through his website. I wonder how much he made from that locker he purchased with the paintings/artwork he claimed was appraised in the millions. 

• Love 1

I don't think Darrel ever had a store, IIRC when the show started he was making his money selling at swap meets and the like and then as the show got popular he moved to selling stuff on-line.  I think he's probably doing better than Hester no matter what.  Hester can bluff all he wants on the show but it sounds like he lost his store and even he didn't go bankrupt he came close.

Speaking of Hester, he was always a jerk, but it's obvious the producers have told him to ramp up the evilness.  I keep expecting him to start cackling and ride off on a broomstick.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CherryAmes said:

Speaking of Hester, he was always jerk, but it's obvious the producers have told him to ramp up the evilness.  I keep expecting him to start cackling and ride off on a broomstick.

The only thing I like about Hestor, is his obvious love for his 2 little Pug dogs. 

• Love 1

Darrell used to have big warehouse here and its gone. It was gone at some point over the last year or 2. My husband said he saw something about Darrell moving back down towards San Diego. He used to have guys selling his stuff at the swap meet near here. BTW, I check and his website he would sell from is not up. 

I am wondering how Ivy is even in business at this point too. If you look at reviews of his place the hours are all over the place and some say he isn't open much at all. The pics of it on yelp show he has signs up all over the store too. 

Rene sells online and at a physical store. At this point he seems to be the only one doing ok. 

• Love 1

Is this show being renewed for another season? I see reruns constantly on the FYI channel and A&E but no promos for a new season. I won't be sad if it's cancelled but would still watch another season.

1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Is this show being renewed for another season? I see reruns constantly on the FYI channel and A&E but no promos for a new season. I won't be sad if it's cancelled but would still watch another season.

They're still on the current season, season 10, which has 23 episodes, with only 2 episodes remaining.  Episode 22 airs on July 19th, and episode 23 (the final episode of the current season) airs on July 26th.

I don't think there's been an announcement of whether the show will be renewed for an 11th season in 2018, but I could be wrong about that.

We were just watching the reruns of this show. I spaced on the fact on who the kite guy was that Ivy went to. That was my younger son's old baseball coach from when he was in Little League. LMAO He has a kite shop on the pier here. 

• Love 1

I didn't catch that part but I kept wondering why they were buying lockers if they don't have a store.  Are they doing swap meets or selling online or something?  IF they've reopened a store that would make more sense.

5 hours ago, CherryAmes said:

I didn't catch that part but I kept wondering why they were buying lockers if they don't have a store.  Are they doing swap meets or selling online or something?  IF they've reopened a store that would make more sense.

I can't find anything for them having a store. I looked after I caught. I don't think they are selling at swap meets either. I would think they would gladly splash it all over their SM accts if they had a new store and where it was or if they even sold at swap meets. My husband said maybe not if they didn't want viewers just showing up but I disagree. They seem to like attention. I am guessing at this point unless most viewers know that these 2 don't have their stores at all they don't question things with the show. I figured they are doing the show still as it might be their only income coming in at this point. I can't see his clothing line selling to many. That is the only thing I see linked to his acct. The old SM acct for their store hasn't been used in a long time and the line for the store is dead. Her SM doesn't seem to link to anything. 

I didn't catch it before but who is Chad to Darrell? There is something about that guy that was pretty creepy like too I thought. 

On 8/3/2017 at 10:30 AM, Evil Queen said:

I can't find anything for them having a store. I looked after I caught. I don't think they are selling at swap meets either. I would think they would gladly splash it all over their SM accts if they had a new store and where it was or if they even sold at swap meets. My husband said maybe not if they didn't want viewers just showing up but I disagree. They seem to like attention. I am guessing at this point unless most viewers know that these 2 don't have their stores at all they don't question things with the show. I figured they are doing the show still as it might be their only income coming in at this point. I can't see his clothing line selling to many. That is the only thing I see linked to his acct. The old SM acct for their store hasn't been used in a long time and the line for the store is dead. Her SM doesn't seem to link to anything. 

I didn't catch it before but who is Chad to Darrell? There is something about that guy that was pretty creepy like too I thought. 

That's exactly what I was thinking. 

I still watch this show. I don't know why. I still adore Barry and can't stand Daryl Sheets and his dumb ass son. I've even gotten to the point of preferring Hestor over Gross Daryl. 

I know alot of people can't stand Mary. I like her. She doesnt come into the auctions with alot of money to spend and she seems realistic about how much money she can get for her items. 

• Love 2

Mary has grown on me.  I still can't stand her voice or her laugh or her "silly little me, giggle, giggle" attitude especially when she first came on, but overall I think she's a nice person and her persona has improved over the years.  I like when she and Brandy team up with the new auctioneer - three nice gals :).

On 8/3/2017 at 1:30 PM, Evil Queen said:

I read somewhere (I think the wiki article on Storage Wars) that he is Darryl's nephew.  I hope for his sake that his stupidity is part of the shctick the producers want from him because otherwise hoo boy!

11 minutes ago, CherryAmes said:

Mary has grown on me.  I still can't stand her voice or her laugh or her "silly little me, giggle, giggle" attitude especially when she first came on, but overall I think she's a nice person and her persona has improved over the years.  I like when she and Brandy team up with the new auctioneer - three nice gals :).

I read somewhere (I think the wiki article on Storage Wars) that he is Darryl's nephew.  I hope for his sake that his stupidity is part of the shctick the producers want from him because otherwise hoo boy!

I don't think I've seen this Chad guy yet but if he's related to Daryl (Daryl's face reminds me of a groudhog ) and looks as much of a slob as Daryls son...then i know I'm not going to like him. Maybe Chad is related to Daryl through Daryls new wife?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, CherryAmes said:

I tried to look it up and found nothing but we figured he was another one of his kids or nephew like you said. I hope that is an act too. 

I'm not into these 2 Vegas girls. They got on my last nerve right away. The whole "OMG this is vintage" when its far from vintage just bugs me. From what I saw when looking up who they were, they have been trying to get on tv for awhile now.

The new ones they have been bringing in are just not cutting it. There is just stuff about them that is not likable at all. At least for me. It is starting to come off like the show is desperate for anyone to step in place of some of the ones that aren't on anymore or to often. 

• Love 4
On 3/26/2018 at 1:33 PM, Evil Queen said:

The new ones they have been bringing in are just not cutting it. There is just stuff about them that is not likable at all. At least for me. It is starting to come off like the show is desperate for anyone to step in place of some of the ones that aren't on anymore or to often. 

I agree with you.  From what I've read I think the new ones are being brought in not so much for fresh and new but because they can pay them less than the regulars.  It's really too bad because if the show isn't making enough money to pay the "stars" then maybe it's time to call it a day.

• Love 3

God I know Dave is full of crap but I saw an old episode tonight where he finds some lace tablecloths and completely makes up the idea that they came from a town in Italy that specializes in lacemaking and puts a value of a $1000 on them.  I can't believe no one ever challenges him on the value he puts of things, just accepts it.  Even inflating the price of the questiionable lace he still only makes $150 on the locker but he acts like he scored big.  What a turkey.

• Love 3
On 3/29/2018 at 9:55 AM, BlossomCulp said:

I agree with you.  From what I've read I think the new ones are being brought in not so much for fresh and new but because they can pay them less than the regulars.  It's really too bad because if the show isn't making enough money to pay the "stars" then maybe it's time to call it a day.

Gawd yes. Especially the tacky women from Vegas.

On 4/2/2018 at 5:59 PM, CherryAmes said:

God I know Dave is full of crap but I saw an old episode tonight where he finds some lace tablecloths and completely makes up the idea that they came from a town in Italy that specializes in lacemaking and puts a value of a $1000 on them.  I can't believe no one ever challenges him on the value he puts of things, just accepts it.  Even inflating the price of the questiionable lace he still only makes $150 on the locker but he acts like he scored big.  What a turkey.

Dave & Daryl always OVER guesstimate what their locker items are worth. You can only get whatever price someone is willing to pay. Hester probably sold those $1000.00 "Italian lace" tablecloths for $10.00. 

I hate Daryl. He's gross and arrogant and fugly. And I don't think he's putting on an act for the show either.

• Love 1

Just watched some fairly recent (2017?) episodes. Apparently filmed after Daryl's bariatric (?)surgery. Yep! He lost weight and now he's got loose skin hanging on his neck. All that money he makes and he can't afford skin tightening after losing (allegedly) 100+ pounds? 

I miss Barry!

• Love 1

Anybody remember a show about auctions on unclaimed airline baggage? I don't think it was on very long, it was definitely based on the model of this show. I just want to know the name.

I was watching old reruns of City Confidential on Justice Channel and one of the cities they were profiling a murder in, is Scotsboro, Alabama, the unclaimed baggage capitol.  The murder had nothing to do with unclaimed baggage. 

• Love 2

Can't believe this $hit show is still on.

Today (Christmas) they're airing some Christmas gathering at "Don't forget to pay the lady" house filmed  in 2014.

Really? That's the best they can do? How about filming some NEW episodes (of fakery and scripting)

Edited by chenoa333

If anyone still wants to watch reruns, FYI network is doing a marathon today, and I've seen them schedule this a few other times recently.    Since Live PD is off, A & E is also doing marathons sometimes too, on Fridays.   I read that Jarrod, and Brandi (Spelling?), have permanently split up, and she had Covid recently too.     Haven't they split up and reunited before?  

• Love 1

I saw an interview with Brandi on-line. She has recovered from Covid-19. She and Jarrod hare broken up I'm not surprised since Jarrod was bad with money and made decisions without her. I like Mary and Justin a new buyer. I don't like Chad or the Vegas buyers they are over the top.

• Love 2
On 4/4/2021 at 9:31 PM, Maverick said:

Looks like this show is coming back in a couple of weeks (April 20th).   It showed Brandi, Jarrod, Darrell, Ivy and Kenny.   

I'm shocked this show has been renewed. I can't stand Darrell, Brandi & Jarrod (together or apart) suck, Ivy is annoying. If Kenny is the guy that Barry introduced to the show, I like him. But not enough to get me to watch.

• Love 1

Just watched the first new episode.  Not bad,  A bit slow moving, no big reveals or exciting finds.  Lots of tension between Brandi and Jarrod.  Either they're playing it up for the camera or he really screwed up because she seemed to hate him.

No sign of Hester in either of tonight's episodes - dare I hope he won't be back???

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

Just watched the first new episode.  Not bad,  A bit slow moving, no big reveals or exciting finds.  Lots of tension between Brandi and Jarrod.  Either they're playing it up for the camera or he really screwed up because she seemed to hate him.

No sign of Hester in either of tonight's episodes - dare I hope he won't be back???

Brandi stated that she and Jarrod broke up and their kids are with her full time. Jarrod might have a girlfriend which probably added to her mood. No Dave Hester is an upgrade. I see Jarrod still likes to spend money that he doesn't have.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

I see Jarrod still likes to spend money that he doesn't have.

Yep.  I read somewhere that he owns (or manages) a restaurant/bar.  That can't be easy in this time of Covid so the idea of him appearing on Storage Wars was probably appealing to him but wasting what money he has seems typically Jarrod - ie stupid.  

• Love 1
On 4/21/2021 at 1:45 AM, kathyk24 said:

Brandi stated that she and Jarrod broke up and their kids are with her full time. Jarrod might have a girlfriend which probably added to her mood. No Dave Hester is an upgrade. I see Jarrod still likes to spend money that he doesn't have.

My bet is that Jarrod has a girlfriend which may account for his new look. I heard Dave Hester is not appearing in the new shows but Barry Weiss will be, now that he has recuperated from his horrible motorcycle accident

Edited by Koalagirl
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

My bet is that Jarrod has a girlfriend which may account for his new look. I heard Dave Hester is not appearing in the new shows but Barry Weiss will be, now that he has recuperated from his horrible motorcycle accident

I had no idea Barry had been injured I hope his mom is healthy too. BTW Roddy Piper who did a guest appearance on Storage Wars will be the subject of the Next WWE Biography this Sunday.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

That article gave Barry's age as 60 in 2019.  Can that possibly be right?  That would mean he was barely into his 50s when Storage Wars began - yet they always played up his age and made it seem like he was a senior and much older than the rest of the cast.

It said 68 in 2019

20 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

It said 68 in 2019

I wonder if I'm seeing a different article?  In the one I linked to in my post this is said:

Anyone who hoped to see Barry back on Storage Wars anytime soon better not hold their breath. Barry is looking at a very long recovery from these injuries. He has broken bones that need healing, and most likely some sort of physical therapy for the 60-year-old reality star.

68 is a lot more believable!  

I read somewhere online in the last week (can't recall which website) that Jarrod is part owner of the Rush Bar & Grill in Lake Forest, CA, which is south of the Disneyland area, north of San Juan Capistrano.  Jarrod himself made mention of now "owning a bar" on this week's show, mentioning that there were games or machines of various types in the back of the bar and he had found something in the storage locker for the bar.

As far as a girlfriend, this website also mentioned he does have a girlfriend, an employee of the bar.  When they met is unknown--before or after his breakup with Brandi.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Saw the first of the two newest episodes.  Not exactly riveting but ok.  That friend of Brandi's though,  oh dear, hopefully she's not going to be a regular.  And not to be shallow but were those her real lips?  They looked very surgically enhanced to me.

• Love 3
On 4/28/2021 at 11:01 PM, WinnieWinkle said:

Saw the first of the two newest episodes.  Not exactly riveting but ok.  That friend of Brandi's though,  oh dear, hopefully she's not going to be a regular.  And not to be shallow but were those her real lips?  They looked very surgically enhanced to me.

It looked like one of those bad lip filler jobs.

Also, I don't buy that story about the dress from the 1920s.  No way any dress that old would come out of a storage locker in such pristine condition with no wrinkles.  Back then there were no synthetic fabrics so unless it was perfectly preserved in climate controlled conditions it would look a lot worse than that and have fading, warping, wrinkling, etc.  Either the dress was a reproduction or it came from that shop they went to for its evaluation.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/15/2021 at 5:54 PM, Koalagirl said:

The newest woman, Lisa, is an actress and stand-up comic.  This doesn’t help whatever credibility is left of this show.  

I didn't think they had any credibility left LOL

What's up with Brandi?   She's dressing like a slob and acting very out of character.  I actually saw her lie down on the ground.  I liked Brandi's dresses much better than her new look.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1