Type keyword(s) to search

Jeana Keough: The Comeback Kid

• Start Topic

And apparently it's official:

Jeana Keough Confirms Return To Real Housewives Of Orange County; Plus Photos: New Castmember Meghan Edmonds!

Shannon Beador already confirmed she is back, and she has been spotted filming with two close friends. Tamra also assured that we’re not quite rid of her yet. There’s been no confirmation on whether or not Lizzie Rovsek has been replaced, but she’s been silent thusfar on her involvement in the show, although several sources state she’ll be back to battle Tamra!

http://www.realitytea.com/2015/01/22/jeana-keough-return-real-housewives-of-orange-county-new-cast-member-meghan-edmonds/

• Love 1

I'll admit that I like Jeana.  I still have yet to see the earliest seasons of the show and I know her parenting style leaves a lot to be desired but something about her actually seems real to me.  Hopefully she's grown a backbone since the last time she was a series regular.

• Love 7

The thing that turned me off about Jeana was her over-the-top defense of Simon.  She refused to believe Tarmra that she was emotionally abused by Simon nor that he was controlling.  If memory serves, that's what pissed Tamra off so much that she threw wine at her.  

• Love 2

If memory serves, Tamra escalated her allegations to effective physical abuse and assault around the time of season 6. Per her own account on the show and at the reunion, she telephoned the police during an interaction with Simon post-divorce because he "threw" a dog leash at her. Jeana then supported Simon in local media reports on the incident (ie The OC Register or some other source). That is why Tamra became so irate and . . . well, *threw* that glass of wine at Jeana, after which she immediately lied to Eddie that, "she tried to throw me in the pool." Jeana, in my opinion, always infuriated Tamra because she mostly seemed more amused than anything by Tamra's aggressiveness. Gretchen tried to match Tamra's screaming and vitriol, but Jeana mostly smirked and smiled during the outbursts. If Jeana feels that Simon didn't put his hands on Tamra or hurl a dog leash with the intent of striking her, it's her prerogative to say so since all three consented to the glare of public critique and opprobrium when they signed onto the show. Jeana certainly isn't omnipotent about what transpired in the Barney marriage, but she does actually have some from my perspective since she actually knows them/counts or counted them as friends. Not to mention, Tamra's interpretations of events have been disputed as creative by other cast members and outrighted contradicted by footage on various occasions.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Plus Jeana sold rings around Tamra when Tammy was pretending to be a realtor up to and including the ancient episode where Tam had some clients out for drinks , was completely inappropriate with flirting and sexual innuendo. The clients asked if she had Jeana's phone number and essentially told her to get lost. It was TV gold.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I am so excited Jeana's back. Just what this franchise needed, especially now that she and Vicki are friends again (so I guess Tamra is on the outs?).

I'm curious if she still lives with Matt. I hope her kids, now that they're older, are more respectful and act less entitled than before. Shane being the WORST but Colton wasn't far behind with his douchebaggery. Did Kara get married?

All these things I look forward to finding out!

• Love 1

As I mentioned on the RHOBH board, having Jeana's more laidback approach to dropping Kara off at college her freshman year was so refreshing.  I don't recall her breaking down into a puddle of tears like the other women do.  In fact, I recall the drive to Berkley with Jeana, Kara, and Jeana's friend was very comical.

Also, we got talking heads with Kara as well to get her perspective.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

As I mentioned on the RHOBH board, having Jeana's more laidback approach to dropping Kara off at college her freshman year was so refreshing. I don't recall her breaking down into a puddle of tears like the other women do. In fact, I recall the drive to Berkley with Jeana, Kara, and Jeana's friend was very comical.

Also, we got talking heads with Kara as well to get her perspective.

So sneaking little thought. I wonder if Jenna came back mostly to get Kara airtime. Kara's husbands football career isn't doing much and there have been rumors that Kara has been trying to land her own show for years.

In any case, I'm sure excited since the return of Jenna and Kara will allow me to explore one of my pet theories; that Kara had an affair with Simon leading to the huge fight between Tamara and Jenna.

• Love 1

Wouldn't Tamra have been more upset at Kara in their interactions if a Kara/Simon affair were the case? I guess the show is pretty hard to gauge, since seemingly a large chunk of the footage is faked these days anyway, but I just tend to think drama-loving Tamra would have had no trouble airing that kind of laundry of it were true. We all know she loves a fight, and I see no reason why Kara sleeping with Simon would suddenly stop her from doing that... haha.

If memory serves, Tamra escalated her allegations to effective physical abuse and assault around the time of season 6. Per her own account on the show and at the reunion, she telephoned the police during an interaction with Simon post-divorce because he "threw" a dog leash at her. Jeana then supported Simon in local media reports on the incident (ie The OC Register or some other source). That is why Tamra became so irate and . . . well, *threw* that glass of wine at Jeana, after which she immediately lied to Eddie that, "she tried to throw me in the pool." Jeana, in my opinion, always infuriated Tamra because she mostly seemed more amused than anything by Tamra's aggressiveness. Gretchen tried to match Tamra's screaming and vitriol, but Jeana mostly smirked and smiled during the outbursts. If Jeana feels that Simon didn't put his hands on Tamra or hurl a dog leash with the intent of striking her, it's her prerogative to say so since all three consented to the glare of public critique and opprobrium when they signed onto the show. Jeana certainly isn't omnipotent about what transpired in the Barney marriage, but she does actually have some from my perspective since she actually knows them/counts or counted them as friends. Not to mention, Tamra's interpretations of events have been disputed as creative by other cast members and outrighted contradicted by footage on various occasions.

Gawd, I used to watch those types of scenes and wish I could get some of whatever Jeana might have been taking to be in a state of perpetual zen.

Or a zombie-like state.

Either way it would sure come in handy sometimes. 

In the last picture I saw of Jeana, she looked absolutely amazing.

I wonder how Tawdry Tamra reacted to this news.  And if Eddie just kept browning his ground turkey while she bitched about it.  

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Gawd, I used to watch those types of scenes and wish I could get some of whatever Jeana might have been taking to be in a state of perpetual zen.

Or a zombie-like state.

Either way it would sure come in handy sometimes. 

In the last picture I saw of Jeana, she looked absolutely amazing.

I wonder how Tawdry Tamra reacted to this news.  And if Eddie just kept browning his ground turkey while she bitched about it.

I would pay big money to get some of Jeana's Zen Juice in any form, for the times I am forced to be in the presence of some of hubby's family.

Hell, if browning turkey can make Eddie so calm he can stomach Tams, I might just carry a little ground turkey satchel in my bra to sniff at family functions.

• Love 3

I would pay big money to get some of Jeana's Zen Juice in any form, for the times I am forced to be in the presence of some of hubby's family.

All you need is a valid Rx and a checkbook and Jeana's Zen shall be yours!

• Love 1

I am so excited that she's back.  I loved her.  Great sense of humor.  Glad she's no longer with that jackass husband of hers.  

Ugh, I don't want Kara back. Or Jeana's horrible sons.

Yeah, the kids were horrible for sure.  

• Love 3

Maybe Kara will be a foil to Briana. Someone needs to tell Briana off.

Oh, I'd be down for that! I actually really want to see Brianna interact with someone other than her mom or husband. I've suspected for a while she doesn't actually have friends anymore, but it would be interesting to know what her former friends think of her marriage. Not that she and Kara were ever really close, but it might be the best we can do.

• Love 2

I'm excited Jeana is back. She has worked hard to get back in shape and it became easier when she lost the weight of her husband dragging her down. Her kids have changed from what I have seen....It was interesting to me that while I agree Jeana's boys were horrible, Vicki liked to point out that her children were better behaved...Well, you should never say things like that on TV!

My favorite storyline for Jeana was the way she handled Tamra. I wish Jeana was still around for the last year when Alexis was on, so someone would stand between Tamra & Alexis. Something tells me Bravo Andy didn't like Jeana because she didn't fit into a Bravo script or narrative.

• Love 1
(edited)

Glad she's no longer with that jackass husband of hers.

He was impossible, without question but he was also brain damaged due to that baseball injury back when he was a major leaguer. It was severe enough that his team (forget which one he played for) basically gave him a job for life and, I'd assume, likely some big payoff. Whether the personality change was caused by being beaned with a baseball or not, I've no idea though that's what's been hinted at. God knows I can't image anyone marrying him if he was like that before the injury.

Yes, he acted like a total jackass--angry, belligerent, condescending and flatout nasty-- but it may be because of the injury. God knows I couldn't live with him or want to raise kids around him but it actually may not be his fault. We also don't know what meds he may be on and whether or not he even takes whatever meds he should be using. Just saying. And also glad he's off my TV screen.

Edited by Beden
  • Love 6

He was impossible, without question but he was also brain damaged due to that baseball injury back when he was a major leaguer. It was severe enough that his team (forget which one he played for) basically gave him a job for life and, I'd assume, likely some big payoff. Whether the personality change was caused by being beaned with a baseball or not, I've no idea though that's what's been hinted at. God knows I can't image anyone marrying him if he was like that before the injury.

Yes, he acted like a total jackass--angry, belligerent, condescending and flatout nasty-- but it may be because of the injury. God knows I couldn't live with him or want to raise kids around him but it actually may not be his fault. We also don't know what meds he may be on and whether or not he even takes whatever meds he should be using. Just saying. And also glad he's off my TV screen.

I agree. I think he probably always had asshole tendency, but the brain injury permantky changed his personality. We do know that he's an alcoholic and has at least two DUIs under his belt. Also, even though he and Jeanna are no longer a couple, the last I read he was still living in the house.

• Love 1

Thank you for pointing this out. This is the reason I've always been a little uncomfortable about the harsh criticisms lodged at Jeana's husband in the past. He may have always been a jerk and I do think she should have left him regardless, if not for her own sake for her children, I think a lot of his behaviors are a result of his brain injury. Jeana (and Shane, I believe) has said that before the brain damage he was a different person, which is not to say he was a nice guy before (some people on TWOP apparently heard he wasn't) but he probably wasn't as much of an asshole and he probably had way better social skills.

He has brain damage to his frontal lobe which is associated with antisocial behavior. For example, they find that people with antisocial personality disorder (psychopaths/sociopaths) are more likely to have had head injuries as children than those in the general population. Also, there's a famous case study of a man in the nineteenth century, Phineas Gage, who had a metal rod shoot through his skull destroying part of his frontal lobe. Miraculously he survived but his personality was greatly altered for the worse. Before he was described as being a good guy who was responsible and well liked, and afterward he was described as irresponsible and basically a jerk. With Jeana's husband it's impossible to know which behaviors were caused by the brain injury and therefore out of his control.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Thanks to the above posters for seeing my POV regarding Matt. Not to bore anyone but my own ex suffers from mental illness (he didn't before we were married--or, okay, he did but it was significantly less severe and not debilitating). He hasn't been able to work in close to 20 years due to the severity of his symptoms. I think I can understand Jeana's ongoing compassion for her ex--many people take the vows of 'for better or worse, in sickness or in health' literally and I criticize no one for that. No, I left my ex but finally realized that I could either try to care for him or for me and my son but not both--I chose my son. Right or wrong? The ex is remarried to a woman who's as sick as he is and they seem quite happy. The boy is grown, successful in his chosen career and a good guy. For me I chose right. For Jeana, she did what worked for her.

• Love 7

My husband had an aortic dissection in early 2007. His type kills most of the people who have them. Most people are diagnosed with this on the autopsy table. My husband's  was the same type that killed John Ritter. He spent 3 months in the hospital with various complication and alomst lost a leg. He had 7 or 8 surgeries on his leg including skin grafts. While they were doing the open heart surgery he spent way longer on bypass than  he should. There is brain damage. It's not the type that people assume when they hear brain damage. He is as  smart as ever. He doesn't process things the same way, though. He can get very angry.  It's a combo of brain damage, PTSD ,depression and life with pain medication.  But it's not his fault. He is not, and will never be that happy go lucky, fun guy t,hat he was before. He is sometimes that guy, but he can also be angry and moody. His relationship with his kids has suffered. Luckly we have such a strong  marriage that we are OK

There were some very very rough years at the beginning. As the spouse it's tough, because you love him and you know it's not really his fault. But you also have to live with it, and you have to walk on eggshells sometimes, because you  never know if it will be a good day or a bad day. Bottom line, it can be hell. And it certainly can be caused by a brain injury. Matt probably suffers tremendously. No doubt, like my husband, he knows things have changed. He may know he gets unreasonably angry. He probably goes though self hate and anxiety daily and probably feels like he has no control of his life. Jeana  probably felt the same way. I really feel awful for both of them. I know what they live. It's not fun.     

• Love 6

There is brain damage. It's not the type that people assume when they hear brain damage. He is as  smart as ever. He doesn't process things the same way, though. He can get very angry.  It's a combo of brain damage, PTSD ,depression and life with pain medication.  But it's not his fault. He is not, and will never be that happy go lucky, fun guy t,hat he was before. He is sometimes that guy, but he can also be angry and moody. His relationship with his kids has suffered. Luckly we have such a strong  marriage that we are OK

There were some very very rough years at the beginning. As the spouse it's tough, because you love him and you know it's not really his fault. But you also have to live with it, and you have to walk on eggshells sometimes, because you  never know if it will be a good day or a bad day. Bottom line, it can be hell. And it certainly can be caused by a brain injury. Matt probably suffers tremendously. No doubt, like my husband, he knows things have changed. He may know he gets unreasonably angry. He probably goes though self hate and anxiety daily and probably feels like he has no control of his life. Jeana  probably felt the same way. I really feel awful for both of them. I know what they live. It's not fun.     

Some seasons back, an episode focused on Jeana's first visit with her family in Wisconsin after quite a few years. Many posters in the TWoP OC thread went to town, criticizing her for being too selfish to leave her Coto life and spend time with her aging parents. I wondered if the reason she hadn't left Coto was more that she was afraid to leave the kids alone with their father (Colton would have been fairly young when Matt was injured), due to his TBI or drinking or both. Sad.

• Love 2

Here is the story -I am thinking Colton may have been under two at the time. http://articles.philly.com/1992-03-17/sports/26019843_1_tim-mead-matt-keough-scottsdale-memorial-hospital

How he was treated by the local press years later. http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2010/10/matt_keough_year_jail_dui.php

I admire Jeana for continuing to take care of him over the years. Glad to see she is back and I wish it was in a full time role. I never understand why TPTB care more for Tamra than Jeana.

• Love 5

Ah, thanks.  I didn't know that about him.  Yes, that could very well explain his behavior.

Jeana's entire life seems like a scam to me.  From her weird marriage based on eugenics to her total lack of self esteem.  I don't know.  Something odd in that household for sure. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Yes it's probably safe to say that some of Matt's behavior was due to the brain injury. But in my opinion, some of that nastiness would have been there even without the injury. As mentioned above, the marriage was largely based on eugenics (according to Jeanna). That doesn't speak to falling in love with the person so much as falling for their outward appearance and breeding capabilities. Pretty shallow reasons to marry someone.

Jeanna was, and is, a very attractive person. My take was that Matt was not happy with a wife who, after a couple of decades and bearing 3 children, no longer looked like the PlayBoy centerfold he married. Some men just can't get beyond physical aspects of a woman. That, and the end of his baseball career made Jeanna an easy target. And the kids hopped on the "bash Jeanna" train to a point as well.

i hope she's back, gorgeous and strong as ever.

Plus I doubt their relationship went terribly deep even on its best day. I remember during the SD trip TammyK asked Jeena about her type and all she did was describe appreance (which hilariously was Magnum PI era Tom Selleck. I feel you girl.). She did not mention a single personality trait. Not even some OC appropriately shallow trait like "successful (has money)". It was all muscles and mustaches. This was a 50 year old woman who still couldn't think of a partner as anything more than a trophy. Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 4

Kara Keough and Kyle Bosworth are having a baby. She judged posted this wedding/announcement video which I don't quite get. I figured a wedding video would document the whole night but this seems like a teaser for a reality show or something. Who knows!

Ah, thanks.  I didn't know that about him.  Yes, that could very well explain his behavior.

If one likes baseball movies Maatt Jeough is portrayed in

Moneyball.

Plus I doubt their relationship went terribly deep even on its best day. I remember during the SD trip TammyK asked Jeena about her type and all she did was describe appreance (which hilariously was Magnum PI era Tom Selleck. I feel you girl.). She did not mention a single personality trait. Not even some OC appropriately shallow trait like "successful (has money)". It was all muscles and mustaches. This was a 50 year old woman who still couldn't think of a partner as anything more than a trophy.

What is interesting about Jeana is she wasn't the one who wanted to marry well and settle down.  Her Playboy card was more about her making a million dollars before she was 30 years old, and she did it on her own.  Jeana is now 60 years old so in 1985 a million dollars would be today's 2.25 million.  Maybe that is why she went for the looks although I think both Matt and other men she dated had something to offer.   One thing that impressed me about Jeana is she managed to work and never missed one of her children's game. 

I just think there should be a place for her rather than say Tamra or Vicki.

• Like 1
  • Love 8

Kara Keough and Kyle Bosworth are having a baby. She judged posted this wedding/announcement video which I don't quite get. I figured a wedding video would document the whole night but this seems like a teaser for a reality show or something. Who knows!

https://vimeo.com/135460475

Wow! What a gorgeous wedding party! Everyone in this video is simply stunning. The genetically blessed, starring in a very sweet love story.

Moneyball.

What is interesting about Jeana is she wasn't the one who wanted to marry well and settle down.  Her Playboy card was more about her making a million dollars before she was 30 years old, and she did it on her own.  Jeana is now 60 years old so in 1985 a million dollars would be today's 2.25 million.  Maybe that is why she went for the looks although I think both Matt and other men she dated had something to offer.   One thing that impressed me about Jeana is she managed to work and never missed one of her children's game. 

Absolutely agree with you 110%!!! One can only wish!

• Love 1

Moneyball.

I believe that the original RH concept was based on Jeana and the rest of the Season 1 cast was brought in.  When she basically got pushed out by the likes of Vicki Gunvalsen, it was a sad day.  Glad she's back.

• Love 5

I believe that the original RH concept was based on Jeana and the rest of the Season 1 cast was brought in.  When she basically got pushed out by the likes of Vicki Gunvalsen, it was a sad day.  Glad she's back.

Yes, the creator of RHoOC was Jeana's neighbor and at least part of the idea for the show if not all was the Keough family. Vicki doesn't seem to acknowledge this and goes with the story of her son reading about a casting call and that she's the OG of the OC.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Jeana leaving at the start of season 5 waS when the show started to full on morph. Not only did you lose jeana...bit you lost out on scenes featuring her kids.

Had the show replaced jeana with another women with older, or grown, kids instead of a woman with toddlers...I think the narrative would have been maintained.

• Love 3

I'm glad they moved away from featuring the kids, because they were all absolutely insufferable except for early seasons briana. I always thought Kara was overly confident and excessively pleased with herself, but must have some pretty deep rooted insecurities considering how much plastic surgery she has already had. It is almost sad, she looks so different and she was quite pretty.

Edited by Htm222
  • Love 1

I'm glad they moved away from featuring the kids, because they were all absolutely insufferable except for early seasons briana. I always thought Kara was overly confident and excessively pleased with herself, but must have some pretty deep rooted insecurities considering how much plastic surgery she has already had. It is almost sad, she looks so different and she was quite pretty.

I personally loved hate watching her delusional, spoiled kids. I much preferred that over made up drama, screeching arguments (mostly involving Tamra) and scandals (Lake Bass!!!). Also, Jeanna offered that smug, above it all yet zen calm that made the other HWs' actions seem all the more nutty. Plus her marriage offered that extremely uncomfortable but very realistic train wreck component that really put the "reality" in reality television.

• Love 6

Jeana's blogs in the early seasons were also works of art; every damn week that woman would write essays rewriting the whole episode with a positive spin towards her and her family, and if you didn't know better, you'd be left utterly convinced that Bravo had totally manipulated footage to fabricate snark on the poor Keoughs.

Jeana is the original spinmaster, and she was exactly the same on Thintervention, to such an extent that Jackie Warner hooked her up to a polygraph to eventually determine that, yes, the reason Jeana wasn't losing weight was because she never stopped guzzling her wine or eating coconut shrimp for lunch!

• Love 4

Jeana is the original spinmaster, and she was exactly the same on Thintervention, to such an extent that Jackie Warner hooked her up to a polygraph to eventually determine that, yes, the reason Jeana wasn't losing weight was because she never stopped guzzling her wine or eating coconut shrimp for lunch!

Wait, are you serious? OMG I'm so sorry I missed that!

• Love 1

How much plastic surgery has she had-I remember the boob job.

• Love 1

Compared to Lauries, Lynn's, Tammy K, kids, Jeanas kids were at least not insane. Spoiled, yes, but are not sleazy or starring in Porn flicks.

You don't think Shane's threatening to throw a bat at Jeana when she and Vicki visited him at the ballpark was a bit insane?  Or what about his torturing Colton to the point that Colton developed a stutter?

By the way, for someone who "confirmed" her return to the show, Jeana sure has been absent, hasn't she?  I think I only recall seeing her at Shannon's house when Vicki got that phone call--has Katie Hamilton received more screen time than Jeana?

Oh wait, one more episode left; as per usual, I'm sure Jeana will lumber into the camera frame at least once during the finale party...err, baptism.

Edited by strongoxman
  • Love 2

Re: Karas, er, enhancements.... She had her lips done on tv many years ago so she had to have been like 22. I'm sure she still does that. And there is something off about her face which makes me think she has had Botox, fillers or both

Jeana had a very obvious facelift. Her face looked stretched at one of the game night parties this or last season. It isn't subtle at all. The new York howives have much better work done IMO. I think Ramona, Sonja, bethenny, and possibly Luann have all had things done but it is more subtle.

Edited by Htm222
  • Love 1

Jeana is now promoting some kind of online insurance agency thingamabob on Twitter.  I wonder if Vicki knows.

Jeana Keough ‏@JeanaKeough  Sep 10
Check out what I am up to these days, I really believe in this company:  #securinglifetoday

Kara is tweeting that she is pregnant.

Kara Bosworth ‏@karakeough  Sep 17
Grocery shopping 20 weeks pregnant with no supervision: Bad call. I'm now the proud owner of Bagel Bites, whole wheat waffles & sour cream.

Edited by Bella Roche
  • Love 2

Re: Karas, er, enhancements.... She had her lips done on tv many years ago so she had to have been like 22. I'm sure she still does that. And there is something off about her face which makes me think she has had Botox, fillers or both

Jeana had a very obvious facelift. Her face looked stretched at one of the game night parties this or last season. It isn't subtle at all. The new York howives have much better work done IMO. I think Ramona, Sonja, bethenny, and possibly Luann have all had things done but it is more subtle.

If Terry Dubrow is supposed to be the Toppermost of the Poppermost when it comes to plastic surgery in OC, it is no wonder that New Yorkers see better results.

• Love 5