Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Dragon Slayer

Who thought it would be a good idea to make Backstrom a raging bigot? *Why* would anyone think that would be a good idea?

There are other things about the show I like (including Rainn Wilson's performance even), but tuning in every week to hear someone spewing racist, sexist shit isn't exactly tempting. To be honest, I feel embarrassed at the idea of watching another episode now that I know that's what Backstrom is going to be doing/saying.

• Love 1

I thought this was a meh show/series premiere, and that is being generous. Like others, it seemed to me to be a copy of House, although House's snarkiness was clever, whereas Backstrom's seems low-grade lowbrow. The feeling I got after watching THE. WHOLE. PILOT. was that it won't last long.

I may watch some of Episode 2, but not sure. In terms of time well-spent, this is a high-investment, low-return type show.

• Love 1

Wow, that sucked what's-his-name's black balls.  I agree with everyone here and add this - why was Backstrom's team doing pretty much nothing except waiting for (and reacting to) his stupid 'revelations'?  What, like 8 folks are all working one case and one case only?  

I also despise shows that tell me repeatedly how smart the lead is and never show them actually being smart.  House at least showed House doing smart things from time to time, but this show seemed more like a parody of this.  I'm out.

Oh, and just because I'm inclined to forgive pilot crappiness, I sat through the second episode hoping this gets better.  Spoiler alert: it doesn't.