Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: Curtain Call

• Start Topic

I think it was Elsa's delusion that she could be a Hollywood star at age 65 (or whatever age she was, though she eventually did become one) and the way she betrayed and killed others who got in her way, even the freaks who loved and relied on her, that really irked me.

Edited by Mattipoo

So the whole reason for Dandy to kill everyone off in the first few minutes was to give Elsa a loving family to be with when she died...yes because that is what she deserved //slathered in sarcasm

I'm sorry - but I really really hope that Jessica Lange doesn't come back for any more seasons...then maybe Ryan Murphy will actually tell a story instead of focusing on just her character.  The "german" accent was SO horrible all season that I wished she would never show up on screen, and then to have half of the finale focused on her...what a crudfest. 

So much more could have been done with Dandy and Twisty and the season would have been a whole lot better - and more on Horror.  But NO...he focused on the Elsa Mars and made the season SUCK.

• Love 1

So much more could have been done with Dandy and Twisty and the season would have been a whole lot better - and more on Horror.  But NO...he focused on the Elsa Mars and made the season SUCK.

Agreed.  I could just cry when I think of the POTENTIAL this season had.    It actually showed glimmers of fabulous HOPE the first few episodes. 

• Love 4

Truffle Butter - see Urban Dictionary.

Wow, Demig, this is the first time I've ever had to type the words "brain bleach". So much for lunch. ;-)

ETA: I knew it wasn't going to be similar to yummy truffle oil or anything like that but damn.

Yeah, I need the brain bleach, too. However, I can't complain that it doesn't reflect my feelings toward the finale.

I binge watched this season over the last couple of days and I was utterly annoyed by the season finale.

I was more upset that Dandy died than any of the others at the freak show simply because Dandy actually had development and screen time whereas I barely remembered the names of the other freaks other than Paul. Jimmy apparently was exonerated off screen for being responsible for the Tupperware murder somehow or had someone post bail for him ?

Lizard Girl went from being a candy striper to a victim? of group sex/ gang rape to being in love with Paul for whatever reason to being all vengeful and homicidal towards her dad to forgetting he existed.

None of the character arcs really meant anything or even existed. Elsa got her own personal heaven despite orchestrating a brutal stabbing of her ex bf for lack of sufficient servitude to her whims, the selling of the twins to get them out of the spot light along with the murders of Dell and Ethel. As for her meteoric rise to fame as a variety show host. MEH. I guess in Ryan Murphy land, being a selfish, self involved nightmare to work with means you should get awards and recognition no matter how many people you step on and screw over in the process.

I guess it was too much to expect that anything in a Ryan Murphy series would have any resonance or consequences. Stuff just happens.

Conjoined Twins can just murder their husband a few hours into their marriage and run off with a guy who said he wasn't interested because... NO REASON GIVEN.

At least Coven had some magic to amuse even if the constant resurrections sapped meaning from character deaths. This season cops were murdered in the town and no one cares for longer than a minute.

On the upside Finn was probably the highlight of the season and I feel sad that Evan Peters best season was when he was a mass murdering ghosts who raped his love interest's mother in Season 1. I liked Twisty he was menacing for a few episodes before his mediocre back story was revealed.

On 1/22/2015 at 2:02 PM, Blakeston said:

There have been some questions about why it would end Elsa's career that Hedda Hopper found that film of her being mutilated against her will.

I just rewatched the scene where that Henry Gable guy tells Elsa about Hedda Hopper. He says that she found "some 8 millimeter films."

So it doesn't sound like she just found the film where Elsa's legs were cut off. She also found at least one of the hardcore dominatrix films that Elsa made when she still had her legs.

Sadly, there is no explanation.

In the movie Freaks, we see a shot of the villain as a "chicken lady," who not only has had her limbs cut off, but makes "bwock bwock" noises like a chicken for some reason. It looked like she had some sort of feathers, too. I guess it's supposed to be scarier if we don't know how the freaks could have done it to her.

The makers of AHS did basically the same thing with Stanley.

Could the chicken noises possibly be the result of having the tongue cut out? Just a guess.

• Love 1