Type keyword(s) to search

S26.E03: Love Sick

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

I will admit it . .. I teared up seeing Diem on the gurney. And that sucks, because I know this fact: Anytime a viewer cries, Jon Murray's shorts get tighter in a certain area. I know, she wasn't perfect, but she deserved so much better. And seeing CT care about her? He's gonna make one woman very happy someday. I hope.

Looks like the drama was muted this week . . . which is probably temporary, given next week's teasers. I'm thinking the production team had to double the booze to up the drama ante.

AYTO vs. AYTO? Works for me. Thanks, Jordan & Sarah! Endgame was kinda/sorta lame, though the fake tension was funny. Ditto TJ trying to scare the kids with the prospect of a new couple coming in. What was Plan B? Teege telling Sarah she had to go home? BTW, it's nice that she's got a reliable partner in Jordan . . . or more so than Trishelle and whashisface.

BTW, has Knight always been ugly? Or is it his hair? I hate thinking that, but it's true. At least I can tell the guys apart . . . the women have become a blur to me. Thank goodness for Sarah and her tats, because I'd be completely blind otherwise.

• Love 4

That was sad. It was super weird they wouldn't let CT go to the hospital with Diem. I guess that is part of the "environment" the cast complains about. I remember half of the cast went to go see Trishelle after her bike accident and Coral went with Leah after her panic attack. I thought it was nice that Avery and Nia helped pack Diem's stuff.

BTW, has Knight always been ugly? Or is it his hair? I hate thinking that, but it's true. At least I can tell the guys apart . . . the women have become a blur to me. Thank goodness for Sarah and her tats, because I'd be completely blind otherwise.

I think it's the hair. He really isn't looking all that great this season which makes me sad because of his death. He definitely looked better on his Real World season. BOTS2 and Rivals 2.

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 2

I think I heard them tell CT he couldn't go the first time because he was too drunk.  As much as he's grown as a person, I can understand a producer being concerned about a drunk and upset CT.

Considering what the Challenge house is sometimes like, I'm glad that it at least seems like Diem spent her last challenge having fun with people that care about her.  They also got me teary.  It was CT's smile in his interview after his joke about her being out late and it being immediately followed by seeing her bent over in pain.  They got me again during Diem's interview.  I hurried up and turned the special off before it got to where Paula and Aneesa were tearing up, because I already got misty watching that once.

That was the perfect endgame for the episode.  The bit with the brownies was silly, and the couple I liked the least went home.  Watching them on Are You the One was bad enough.  They weren't who I would have picked to join the show.

• Love 2

I found myself becoming quite emotional about Diem. All I kept thinking, over and over, is how unfair it all was. Regardless of my feelings on Diem throughout her BMP career, it tore my heart out to see her ailing and knowing it was the last time we would see her. I hope that wherever she is, she knows how many people cared about her. 

As for the rest of the show, I thought it was pretty uneventful. It was obvious from the very beginning that the AYTO? kids were going to be pitted against one another in the Dome. And what a boring Dome it was. Brownies? Yukka? Fried plantains? I was jealous of them for getting to eat all those delicious things. Like, do you know how many brownies I could put down in 3 minutes? And when I do it, it's by the light of the fridge and ain't no one cheering me on. 

• Love 11

I usually root for the minorities, but really. Based solely on that idiot AYTO girl bidding lower than the first bid, I wanted her gone. 

I expect my challengers to not be super bright, but dammit, that's a bridge too far.

• Love 5

That was hard to watch on CT and Diem. Especially CT wanting to go to the hospital and producers wouldn't let him because he was drunk. Excuse me, but CT didn't even want to go and said something to the effect that he had to, like it's mandatory that all cast members have to go out to the bar with everyone. I especially teared up when Diem returned and the next morning she could barely walk to the bathroom.

I mean is it mandatory that everyone goes to the bar, cause it seems they go every night and that can just get boring and tiresome. I know they don't have t.v., phones, ipods, computers, and all that to occupy their time but not everyone wants to keep going out to the bar and drink and hook up. Not good to promote alcohol use.

The girl that bid lower, what a damn idiot. Really? Did she not pay attention to TJ explaining the rules of the game. Even Lavin just look flabbergasted at her bidding lower that he had to cover his mouth, maybe to stop from laughing his ass off.

Also Nia, girl you're a grown woman, get your thumb out of your fucking mouth. I mean really, grown people just look outright ridiculous doing that.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 3

Man that was sad.

I can see why the producers were worried about CT going to the hospital but seriously, he wouldn't have been the first or last person to ever show up there under the influence. I can see them not letting him drive there but it seemed like someone could have taken him. He seemed "with it" enough that he could have at least been there to hold her hand.

I'm glad Diem had fun doing the challenges, and at least if it had to happen the way it did, she was doing something she enjoyed with people who clearly cared about her.

Still watching the rest of the episode... hopefully the choked up moments are done for a bit.

• Love 2

I didn't cry over this episode, but my eyes sure did burn something awful. It was heartbreaking to see CT out and drinking and then watch him turn into a panicky mess once he realized Diem was at the hospital. I was so sad for him when the producers wouldn't let him go even though his only mission was to be with her. I don't understand why they wouldn't just take him.

Her last talking head was rough to watch.

• Love 3

I mean is it mandatory that everyone goes to the bar, cause it seems they go every night and that can just get boring and tiresome. I know they don't have t.v., phones, ipods, computers, and all that to occupy their time but not everyone wants to keep going out to the bar and drink and hook up. Not good to promote alcohol use.

I don't see what the problem is. There alcohol intake is limited in house and they don't have shit else to do. Adults drink alcohol. I don't look at it as promoting or anything like that. Also, you don't have to go to the bar and drink anything or get wasted.

• Love 2

Yeah, The Dome was boring and just reinforced how much I do not care about the ARTO? people and find them being in this show so stupid. The Diem/CT is just sad. And yeah, I think we talked about during last weeks episode in the forums that they have to go out to clubs every night- I guess because the show needs footage or something? And they aren't always going to be sitting around the house getting a clue or doing a challenge, I guess. But I feel like someone should have taken CT to be by Diem's side. I don't understand why they couldn't have done that for him.

I think the issue with CT is that they didn't want a drunk CT (who is often overly-emotional and angry) let loose in a hospital. They wanted him to calm down and sober up. And, she was coming back that night him going there was pointless anyway. They were able to contact each other which was the most important thing.

GAH this episode was so sad. RIP Diem. Watching CT be so freaked out was horrible though I expected nothing less. He truly truly loved her. I thought the producers handled it decently but the stretcher scenes were horrible. I also got sad when Bananas and CT were chatting in the closet about Diem- you can tell they are all so concerned and have known each other a long time...Thats what I like about the challenge- you have super long histories with your vets and your favorites ect you can tell they all actually care about each other IRL ( or in some cases actually hate each other)

It makes it more real.

Moving on- I died when Simone bet incorrectly and also how horrible the dome was, lol. When Brittany was eating the Yukka I was worried that she would start choking lol. All the vets were like WTF??

And not to speak ill of the dead but Knight comparing Jemmye to a dog when talking about the challenge...SMH

Can't wait to see the dramz from the Britney and Adam hookup, or the Jonna/Jay reactions to AYTO girl/Zach hook up. 

I hate to say it but I am pulling for Sarah!!! You go girl!!! Beat them at their own game. lol :-) I hope her plan works out but I think Jordan will find someway to mess it up. It would be nice to see her win!!!

What was Plan B? Teege telling Sarah she had to go home? BTW, it's nice that she's got a reliable partner in Jordan . . . or more so than Trishelle and whashisface.

HAH! Love your plan B- thanks for the LOL :-)  ITA on Sarah having a good partner- yay

Also..Knight..I agree. I didnt want to say anything bc he is now deceased but his hair...just no..

• Love 1

The part that really got me in this episode was a really small moment. When CT was on the phone with Diem she called him "Chris"  - his real outside of the Challenge name. It was just such a real moment that it broke my heart. 

As for the rest of this trivial stuff, I can't help but root for Sarah too but all of her talking heads about her great plan and beating the guys at their own game has me worried that she is maybe getting eliminated sooner rather than later. 

• Love 8

Two things got me the most: 1. Someone (I can't remember who) saying that "all Diem wants right now is Chris." 2. CT having everyone sign the box and saying that Diem would enjoy it when she got back. It killed me to think, "She's not coming back, CT."

• Love 1

I blocked out the "Chris" moment because holy crap, how heartbreaking. I also got up and started distracting myself with cooking because I couldn't handle all of CT's positivity. "She just has a tummy ache" and "It'll be a nice welcome home present." Such real moments of hoping for the best that we knew he probably didn't believe himself. He loved her so much, I hope he has an amazing support system.

• Love 2

The part that really got me in this episode was a really small moment. When CT was on the phone with Diem she called him "Chris"  - his real outside of the Challenge name. It was just such a real moment that it broke my heart. 

That stuck out for me too. We watch these people and know they're playing up their personas for the show, but hearing her use his real name just made the situation all the more real.

• Love 1

As for the rest of this trivial stuff, I can't help but root for Sarah too but all of her talking heads about her great plan and beating the guys at their own game has me worried that she is maybe getting eliminated sooner rather than later. 

I thought the same thing!  I am super excited that she has some plan that involves sticking it to both Wes and Bananas and then my next thought was that this is probably being set up and she somehow fails.  If she doesn't, I will be very happy. 

• Love 2
I also got sad when Bananas and CT were chatting in the closet about Diem- you can tell they are all so concerned and have known each other a long time...Thats what I like about the challenge- you have super long histories with your vets and your favorites ect you can tell they all actually care about each other IRL ( or in some cases actually hate each other)

There was also a moment when they were in the living room, with TJ, where Bananas leaned over the back of the couch to hug CT.  I felt like those two moments were probably the most "real" moments Bananas has ever had on these challenges.  

This was just heartbreaking.  Seeing CT planning for Diem's return to the house, him wanting to do something to make her smile, his focus on just wanting to be with her. And then they punched us in the gut with that last talking Diem talking head.  

I kind of wonder if the elimination game we saw was the one they intended for this episode, originally.  It was awfully lighthearted for an elimination game.  Maybe they felt like the cast needed something not so tense.  They didn't even throw gross food in there or add some other element to make it gross.  

I think Sarah is almost definitely heading for a fall.  How many times did we see her gush about her great partner and talk about beating the guys at their own game last night?  

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 2

Can't wait to see the dramz from the Britney and Adam hookup, or the Jonna/Jay reactions to AYTO girl/Zach hook up.

That wasn't the AYTO girl, it's Jenna from RW: Ex-Plosion.

I expect the other AYTO kids to be gone in the next 2-3 episodes unless they end up being beasts of the dome.

Knight's hair is just awful and makes him look worse than he normally does. Long hair and bloat do not go well together (at least not on him).

The Diem stuff didn't really tear me up or anything to be honest. Maybe because we knew it was coming, IDK. Either way, it didn't affect my viewing.

I haven't watched this yet but I noticed that the Diem special was on after it and I'm like NOOOOOOOOOOOO! And instantly knew it was their last episode. I was hoping she made it further into the comp before having to leave :(   I'm going to bawl like a freaking baby watching this episode. 

She was probably ready to be airlifted out, if not already gone.  That was sad.  How soon did she pass after leaving the show?

Ah okay, I just thought it was weird they wouldn't let CT go with her when she woke up. Cast members have complained that production has become more strict ever since the filming of The Ruins which is why a lot of old school cast members don't come back anymore.  It is known that they used to let cast members go with people. Also didn't Landon go with Adam after CT beat the crap out of him? She passed away Nov 14. She was airlifted in late August.

There was also a moment when they were in the living room, with TJ, where Bananas leaned over the back of the couch to hug CT.  I felt like those two moments were probably the most "real" moments Bananas has ever had on these challenges.

I agree, I really felt bad for Bananas, Wes and whoever else was good friends with Diem on The Challenge. I wonder if they were told off camera what was going on? I imagine it would be really hard to know your good friend had to leave and not know what was going on with her.

I thought the same thing!  I am super excited that she has some plan that involves sticking it to both Wes and Bananas and then my next thought was that this is probably being set up and she somehow fails.  If she doesn't, I will be very happy. 

I had the same set of thoughts.  On the one hand, I've watched television before, so I know what hubris in Act I means...on the other hand, if Sarah can play this close to the chest and keep level, she could pull it off.  The X-factor to me is her wild-card partner.  What happens when Jordan gets mouthy, or his ego starts rampaging? I could see this plan busting up because Jordan spills the beans and goes down in flames (or just pisses off too many people and then goes down in flames). Sarah has been annoying sometimes in the past, but at the end of the day, it's never Sarah that's the problem in any of her teams.  

• Love 1

That wasn't the AYTO girl, it's Jenna from RW: Ex-Plosion.

I expect the other AYTO kids to be gone in the next 2-3 episodes unless they end up being beasts of the dome.

Knight's hair is just awful and makes him look worse than he normally does. Long hair and bloat do not go well together (at least not on him).

The Diem stuff didn't really tear me up or anything to be honest. Maybe because we knew it was coming, IDK. Either way, it didn't affect my viewing.

Ah you are right I can't keep the new kids straight, thanks!

And yeah he does look rather bloated too.  :-/

I am also proud of Leroy for learning to swim! You go Leroy! I also don't know why, but I am not hating Nia this season and normally I hate her. 

I only have respect towards ct, if people choose to believe they were dating or not, CT's act on this episode was an act of a true classy guy, diem will be missed a lot.

Edited by fredj
  • Love 3

Between Nia's "would have gaven up" and Knight's "drownding," I never regret using closed captioning for the sarcastic quotes of iffy English. Also, why was TJ pronouncing yucca that way? Was he trying to add a Spanish flare?

It was so hard to watch Diem in pain, she was squirming & looked so helpless. It was very touching to see CT care about her so much. Very hard to watch.

Jordan has not learned his lesson from last season. He has a smart, strong & focused player & all he can do is focus on Bananas. Even if he wins or beats Bananas what does that mean? Bananas has won 5 finals. When Jordan can stop being so arrogant & he wins 5, maybe I will respect him. If & when Bananas loses, people are going to go nuts, but you can't take away how well he's the played the game over the years, even if you hate him. I personally have grown to love to hate him. Outside of the house most players say he's a great guy & a real friend, one that they can call on at any time. He's become good friends with Leroy outside of the game too so maybe he will help Leroy stay this time, which means Nia too. Can't stand her. I have such a hard time with her lies that it's hard for me to give her a chance.

Simone acts like John lost it for them when she herself lost a point by betting stupid. Why is his point any more damaging that hers. I didn't like her on AYTO but I didn't like Brittany either. Both cling to tightly to guys they just met.

She hasn't had much screen time this season. Plus Leroy can make anyone likeable IMO.

Leroy is super likable, always has been. He's a cool guy, doesn't get angry & try to muscle anyone & never has a bad attitude. Him & Bananas are good friends outside the show & I think Leroy is taking this more seriously now when he sees how much Bananas has won. It will take A LOT for me to ever like Nia. I can't get past her lies. Where's her million dollar book deal? I think she's learning to play the game & realized that Bananas alliance could take Leroy far which means it will take her far. Maybe's she's matured but I will see it when I believe it. She's not very good at the challenges.

There was also a moment when they were in the living room, with TJ, where Bananas leaned over the back of the couch to hug CT.  I felt like those two moments were probably the most "real" moments Bananas has ever had on these challenges.  

This was just heartbreaking.  Seeing CT planning for Diem's return to the house, him wanting to do something to make her smile, his focus on just wanting to be with her. And then they punched us in the gut with that last talking Diem talking head.  

I kind of wonder if the elimination game we saw was the one they intended for this episode, originally.  It was awfully lighthearted for an elimination game.  Maybe they felt like the cast needed something not so tense.  They didn't even throw gross food in there or add some other element to make it gross.  

I think Sarah is almost definitely heading for a fall.  How many times did we see her gush about her great partner and talk about beating the guys at their own game last night?  

Johnny Bananas has had a few moments like that. He's the only guy that stuck up for Diem when she had her breakdown during Rivals. I've watched all the clips over the years on mtv & interviews & many players say Johnny is a true friend & one they know they could call for anything. He's loud & rude at times but I see a huge difference in him then when he was with Evan & Kenny. He's much more likable. He also patted Sarah's head when she won this round.

• Love 1

Johnny Bananas has had a few moments like that. He's the only guy that stuck up for Diem when she had her breakdown during Rivals. I've watched all the clips over the years on mtv & interviews & many players say Johnny is a true friend & one they know they could call for anything. He's loud & rude at times but I see a huge difference in him then when he was with Evan & Kenny. He's much more likable. He also patted Sarah's head when she won this round.

I can never hate Johnny Bananas because of how he comforted Davis after CT punched him. I think Bananas has always had a good heart, but does douchey things. Like on his original season he cried because he felt bad for making Paula feel bad about herself, but a couple episodes later pulled Janelle's top off in the pool. I think that his shtick.

I never really liked Diem, but this was hard to watch. I have to admire her courage. I didn't cry during the episode but that special afterwards (which I hadn't seen before) really choked me up.

And I have to say how much I loathe the title of this episode. It's just really hitting me the wrong way.

Yep, I think Sarah is in for a fall. Which is unfortunate. I'm glad to see her finally with a partner she can work with. Her season was the last Real World I watched & while I'm not a great fan of hers I would like to see her get further than she's gotten previously and/or win. But she was so gleeful about maybe beating Bananas & Wes just seemed like famous last words. I hope I'm wrong.

Johnny Reilly wasn't so bad in his previous appearances. I'm really not liking him this season.

Based on what members of the cast have said about that night, I have to praise BMP for being classier than I would have expected.  According to Bananas, he knew that Diem had been diagnosed with colon cancer before coming on the Challenge.  Based on what Nany has said, they could have been filming Bananas teary and telling her about Diem's illness, but they so far seem like they were really respecting Diem's wishes for the show not to discuss her illness.  I'm also really impressed with CT's acting ability.  It must have been rough to hide his emotions to protect Diem's privacy, assuming he also knew.

Ah okay, I just thought it was weird they wouldn't let CT go with her when she woke up. Cast members have complained that production has become more strict ever since the filming of The Ruins which is why a lot of old school cast members don't come back anymore.  It is known that they used to let cast members go with people. Also didn't Landon go with Adam after CT beat the crap out of him? She passed away Nov 14. She was airlifted in late August.

I think part of the confusion is that they were trying to hide that Diem's illness was due to cancer.  Because the story until just yesterday was that doctors did not realize that Diem had cancer until the surgery she was airlifted to get, I think they had to be really selective when editing this episode about what footage they were using and what people were saying in interviews.

kat165 I agree, as soon as I saw Sarah's featured parts on this episode I figured she'll probably be gone next time around. I hope not, but I just can't imagine them doing all that set up and then having her around for a few more challenges.

I never really felt one way or the other about Diem previously, but after seeing this episode and the special, and how much people obviously cared for her, it was pretty much impossible not to get choked up. No matter how she was portrayed on TV she was obviously well loved by her castmates.

• Love 1

Based on what members of the cast have said about that night, I have to praise BMP for being classier than I would have expected.  According to Bananas, he knew that Diem had been diagnosed with colon cancer before coming on the Challenge.  Based on what Nany has said, they could have been filming Bananas teary and telling her about Diem's illness, but they so far seem like they were really respecting Diem's wishes for the show not to discuss her illness.  I'm also really impressed with CT's acting ability.  It must have been rough to hide his emotions to protect Diem's privacy, assuming he also knew.

Is there a link to this? or was it on Twitter? I am just curious because I didn't know she was diagnosed before going on the show.

Edited by choclatechip45

I never heard this either and I was actively following the story!

I googled- http://hollywoodlife...-the-challenge/

Thanks! Very interesting. In a weird way I feel better about watching the episode the other night that she knew before going on the Challenge. Still makes it super sad, but it makes a lot more sense why she wanted to  go alone  to the hospital.

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 2

Damn Drogo, way to bring me to my knees with that CT/Diem gif. TEARS!

I put watching this episode off until last night when I knew I could have a full-on weep fest and not disturb anyone but my cat. So damn sad. 

So did CT know, too, or just Johnny B? Of course I don't know any of these people but I can't imagine CT going drinking if he knew what was really going on instead of saying that stuff about a stomach bug. And he wouldn't have been making those cute jokes. Or been relieved that she was "ok" once he heard her voice on the phone. No, it comes off like CT didn't know. I remember hearing that Johnny and Diem were close and he even gave her the injections. But are you saying that Johnny knew and CT didn't? And then, if Johnny did know, how did he go to the bar and drink? I mean I understand there are production rules, but this was literally life and death. I think they would have let Johnny or CT stay with her

Also, why was TJ pronouncing yucca that way? Was he trying to add a Spanish flare?

Yuca is a Spanish/Taino common name for the root crop cassava/manioc/tapioca, and not the same thing as the spiky plant yucca.

I could see her not wanting CT to know while they were filming this season.  Because she clearly wanted this to be her chance to go out there and kick some ass and have fun before going back into treatment.  If CT knew, he wouldn't have been able to focus on their performance as a team, and she wouldn't have been able to have the lighthearted fun moments with him that she obviously enjoyed.  If Johnny knew not only about her cancer being back, but also why she didn't want anyone else to know, I could see him respecting her wishes and just going out that night and acting like everything was normal, for her sake. 

On another note, and I feel bad for thinking this, but the edit we've gotten of Knight so far, I can't help thinking "if this is what they've chosen to show us, given the hindsight that he died before the season started airing, what kind of ass must he have been?"  I mean, he's just so awful to Jemmye.  I don't like her much, but I feel bad for her.  She obviously loved the guy at some point and still cared about him, despite their issues.  And this show is going to pretty much represent some of her last memories of him.  It has to be rough to watch him being such a shit, both to her face and in his talking heads.  

Also, watching all of the performances from each team, I think that there's a certain advantage in an Exes season to being paired with someone you hooked up with (as opposed to having a real relationship that eventually blew up).  Johnny/Nany, Wes/Theresa, and Jordan/Sarah are doing better in part because they're all good competitors, but also, in part, because they're not dealing with the kind of baggage that teams like Johnny/Averey and Knight/Jemmye are dealing with.  Like that little exchange between Jonna and Zach, where he said he was confident they'd do well, and she immediately thought he was being sarcastic and dissing her.  It has to be hard to perform as a team when you instinctively distrust your partner's motives or just plain old don't want to deal with them.  CT and Diem were kind of an exception to that, but, they've also had the benefit of a lot of time having passed between their break up and being paired as exes, and they've clearly gotten to a point where they don't focus on the bad parts of their relationship and breakup and just trust and love each other.  Most of these other former couples are clearly not there yet. 

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

On another note, and I feel bad for thinking this, but the edit we've gotten of Knight so far, I can't help thinking "if this is what they've chosen to show us, given the hindsight that he died before the season started airing, what kind of ass must he have been?"  I mean, he's just so awful to Jemmye.  I don't like her much, but I feel bad for her.  She obviously loved the guy at some point and still cared about him, despite their issues.  And this show is going to pretty much represent some of her last memories of him.  It has to be rough to watch him being such a shit, both to her face and in his talking heads.

She tweeted before the first episode she would not be watching any episodes of this challenge.

I bet CT knew, he was with her when she made her lasts scans on june, theres even a pic of both of them walking arm by arm on twitter when diem made her lasts tests.

Also from the very first episode when ct is saying "I will do everything to make diem win this challenge", sound like its now or never, same with his reaction on this episode, even when they cut the scene where he is yelling at the producers with "you guys are dealing with someones life" clearly it was about that, if he knew it was only a tummy ache he wouldn't have snap. Finally seeing johnny and ct talking, I think u can tell both knew it had to be related to her cancer.

And my take is that CT managed to stay calm (until she got very sick) and agree to do this challenge knowing her condition, because diem probably told him that she was going to be fine, kind of fresh meat where she went to do the challenge, which she did ok, and that she had everything under control.

Even her family admit that they were confident she will be ok, CT must have thought the same, that she was going to be fine.

Edited by fredj