Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: I Lock The Door Upon Myself

The whole situation makes the parents look like idiots. Surely they know that Bay's life will be affected by this? Surely they might understand why she is unhappy during her sentence? Why aren't they trying to support her and cheer her up, and why didn't they get her a lawyer after she "confessed"? Also, why are they not thanking her, if they think it's such a great thing she did, and why are they not holding Daphne accountable and asking her to do something besides have fun in college? It's really weird how the parents are even more blase about it than Daphne is. Really, Toby seems to be the only person who is concerned for Bay. I dont know why Bay is only angry with Daphne, and not with the parents, also.

I like Emmett's friend. I just hope the kiss was not the beginning of another mess.

• Love 3

why didn't they get her a lawyer after she "confessed"

This.  Why didn't they get a (good) lawyer?  If it was so believable that Bay did it instead of Daphne, couldn't the same case be made that it was believable that Daphne did it, not Bay - thus poking reasonable doubt into both cases?   It was never the slam-dunk case they made it out to be, which is all the more frustrating.

• Love 1

This.  Why didn't they get a (good) lawyer?  If it was so believable that Bay did it instead of Daphne, couldn't the same case be made that it was believable that Daphne did it, not Bay - thus poking reasonable doubt into both cases?   It was never the slam-dunk case they made it out to be, which is all the more frustrating.

Exactly! A first time offense for someone that young usually means a diversion program where their conviction is stayed until completion. I've seen those with public defenders, never mind someone with the money to hire a real lawyer. 

At this point, I am surprised they didn't make Daphne's interpreter story line somehow turn into Bey giving up her dreams to learn to be an interpreter - you know, so she can follow Daphne around for the rest of her life 

• Love 3

I agree with the poster who stated Vanessa is a much better actor than Katie , so she gets more trauma in her life. I hope this ends soon because I'm ready to give up on this show. I've come to really resent both Daphne with her screwing up, and Regina with her continual hookups.

I don't really have a problem with Regina having boyfriends. I mean, she's an attractive single woman who dates. It's not as though Daphne has been waking up to a parade of men coming out of Regina's room (which would be a problem). 

Anyway, curious, if any of you are hiring managers etc. how would it would go in reality for someone like Bay who has to check off "felon" on job applications etc. do their applications get immediately tossed? Do you look up the crime first?

It will definitely depend on a lot of things. For something like property damage, she could get passed over for any sort of managerial stuff. Like someone else said, she wouldn't be able to receive federal financial aid for school. She will continue to be passed over for any art program that receives NEA funding. If she ever decides she wants to work with kids, it could be a black mark on her for a while. As she gets older, it probably won't be as big of a deal, but for now, she's basically torpedoed her life plans.