Type keyword(s) to search

Will Resurrectioin be renewed for Season 3?

I would most likely keep watching too, but I don't think there is a snowballs chance it will be renewed. Just for a show to drop so dramatically in the ratings in such a short time frame is a definite death knoll. Revenge, which I could never get into, has also dropped dramatically in the ratings, but it had at least a few years of success. 

It's hard to realize this just started last year, about this time and it started quite strong. It's a shame the writing has been so disjointed. 

OTOH, it may just be that shows like this are too hard to sustain. Lost had a good run but I had given up on that years before it went off the air. Maybe the writers feel if you start answering any questions the mystery is gone. Unfortunately, I think what usually happens is the audience just gets so frustrated they give up. Of course, again, Lost is the glaring exception.

Maybe they should have just made this a summer series like Under the Dome. As bad as it's gotten it is still head and shoulders above that garbage show, IMO.     

Maybe they should have just made this a summer series like Under the Dome. As bad as it's gotten it is still head and shoulders above that garbage show, IMO.

Resurrection is suffering the same Season 2 problems as Under the Dome -- writers making incredibly disjointed and poorly thought out shit up to extend what should have been a one-and-done limited run series.

• Love 2

I would like very much (but am not hopeful) for it to get a season 3. It is confused but so much more interesting and entertaining than "reality" tv and many scripted shows.

Only after a serious overhaul of writing should this show be brought back.  Are they making this up as they go along or are they using Tina Fey's dryer sheet inhaling method?

Disjointed at best but really this has become a show where in Season 1 myself and 2 fellow watchers at work would watch it religiously.  Early on in Season 2 lost both fellow watchers but I hung in there waiting to see if the returned were aliens.  The bugs are not intriguing anymore, just annoying.

Now I don't even care what they are.  This is the show that never ends.

• Love 1

I agree...This would have done better as what they used to call a mini-series....a limited run of x number of episodes.

I remember those days.  They used to actually have the guts back then to do a mini-series with a beginning, middle and end and have it really be just that, an end.  None of this cliffhanger crap like Dome and even stupid Galavant pulled in the hopes of getting a second season.  I'm so tired of it.  I see why they do it but when they try to drag a show out past what would have been its natural end, the show starts to lose viewers in droves, gets cancelled, and the network has to go back to the drawing board to find something to fill that time slot anyway.

Stupidly enough, I would probably tune in if this show had a third season.  Even though I know it would be full of more of the same crap we got in season 2 and it's probably going to be cancelled anyway.  I guess what I'd really like (and will never happen) would be if ABC would order a truly limited run of just a few episodes to give them time to film some kind of conclusion, because if they had another season they'd probably just dilly dally around with more dropped plots and get nowhere.

Does anybody know what ABC is going to put in Resurrection's time slot?

I think it is Secrets and Lies with Ryan Phillippe.  It looks like he's a cop and someone mysteriously disappears or dies and he's solving it? The promos are kind of vague.

I'm really disappointed that this is probably the end of the series.   In spite of its flaws, I was invested in the characters.  Unlike others, I don't necessarily think there were dropped plot points, but I do think there were points that could have been uncovered given more time.  Too bad! I was one of the few who enjoyed this show.

Still (probably) canceled? I'm still finding it hard to care, and I was one of the biggest cheerleaders for this show the first season.

The showrunners are irresponsible and incapable of properly telling a nuanced story like this, so I have no desire to keep following it. The sad part is, I DO like the characters and especially the actors who play them, so I know I would be roped back into watching if it came back for a third season. Please, no. 

• Love 1