Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: Fate's Right Hand

They have Ava on the attempt of trying to killing Ellen Mae, on drug dealing and money laundering with that group  in the Hollow. She hates Boyd because he made a deal to clear his record and leave Ava in jail.  She told him to drop dead and then still expected him to  be loyal.  They can also get her on drug dealing in jail and for sending Boyd out to kill the old man on the order of the jail nurse.

Vengeance is best served cold.  Watching for Ave to be the one to take Boyd out.

• Love 1

^Just cause Dewey said his jaw was broken doesn't mean it was. He was seen talking as usual after that, so it obviously wasn't. He's been involved in plenty of murders, robberies, and sundry meanness. Not excusing Raylan, just striving for accuracy.

Edited by Pagali
  • Love 2

I'm fairly new to Justified, and was just crushed by Dewey's murder. Did he ever kill anyone, or was he just a hanger on with Boyd? And Raylan's totally gratuitous breaking of Dewey's jaw was enough to make me want Raylan to suffer. 

Dewey killed at least one guy last season.  That's one of the reasons they were irritated that he was being released from prison because he admitted to it on tape but later (in act zero of this episode) said he was just kidding (which is a ridiculous reason to release someone from prison--Raylan's right to be pissed).  

I can't remember if he killed anyone else.

Thanks for the answers about Dewey. I wondered how he could talk there at the end if his jaw was broken, but I'm not an anatomist, so . . .

Still, his death was awful and the actor (whom I don't know from anywhere else) really sold his dumb, sad, oppressed character. Bye, Dewey.

^Just cause Dewey said his jaw was broken doesn't mean it was. He was seen talking as usual after that, so it obviously wasn't. He's been involved in plenty of murders, robberies, and sundry meanness. Not excusing Raylan, just striving for accuracy.

Pagali, I don't know if you're from the southern US or not, but I read your comment with such an accent, which added to the whole thing ;)

Pagali, I don't know if you're from the southern US or not, but I read your comment with such an accent, which added to the whole thing ;)

No, I'm a Californian. But maybe with a bit of a chameleon personality? Thanks!

Thanks for the answers about Dewey. I wondered how he could talk there at the end if his jaw was broken, but I'm not an anatomist, so . . .

Still, his death was awful and the actor (whom I don't know from anywhere else) really sold his dumb, sad, oppressed character. Bye, Dewey.

You would get so much more out of this final season if you went back and watched the earlier seasons first. They've had 5 years to develop characters, plot lines, motivations, etc. Just my opinion.

Edited by Pagali
You would get so much more out of this final season if you went back and watched the earlier seasons first. They've had 5 years to develop characters, plot lines, motivations, etc.

Agree.  The history of the characters means so much at this point, you would enjoy it on a whole 'nuther level.

I liked this episode a lot.  I am still laughing about the meeting of Raylan and ChooChoo.  That scene was perfect.  Olyphant must stand in front of the mirror at home and perfect that "weight on one foot" stance.  

I am more than a little bit traumatized by seeing Sam Elliott without a mustache.  *wrings hands*

Harriman has really created a fantastic character with Dewey.  I hope this exposure will give him more and bigger roles elsewhere.  I was shocked - downright shocked - when I heard him in an interview.  I had no idea he was Australian.

Edited by Voice of Joy
  • Love 1

Agree.  The history of the characters means so much at this point, you would enjoy it on a whole 'nuther level.

I liked this episode a lot.  I am still laughing about the meeting of Raylan and ChooChoo.  That scene was perfect.  Olyphant must stand in front of the mirror at home and perfect that "weight on one foot" stance.  

I am more than a little bit traumatized by seeing Sam Elliott without a mustache.  *wrings hands*

Harriman has really created a fantastic character with Dewey.  I hope this exposure will give him more and bigger roles elsewhere.  I was shocked - downright shocked - when I heard him in an interview.  I had no idea he was Australian.

Really?  Wow, he really nailed the accent then.  

Plus being unbearably creepy in two completely different ways as Jack McCall and Francis Wolcott on Deadwood, and the Terminator Cromartie and the childlike AI John Henry in The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

The guy can play anything, basically.

It took several viewings for me to get that Garrett Diilahunt played both roles. Very different roles (and seasons, I believe) but still...

I loved him on Terminator - Sarah Connor Chronicles. I loved Cromartie and then as Henry - the 'Good?' Terminator. I hated that series got cancelled because it really took  great twist at the end. The actor is amazing, I agree

He was in an episode of last season's Elementary. Unbelievable how he vanishes into a role. Recently an iconic restaurant in NYC, Edison Cafe, was being closed down by its new owner. It was a huge theatrical hangout and there's even a play written about it. A petition was put out and signers were invited to write something. Dillahunt was one who did. God forbid he ever gives up acting, I'm sure he could be a writer, going off that letter. Incredibly touching.

....and boy can he play evil, evil men. Just waiting to see where this villain goes.