Type keyword(s) to search

"The Daily Show": Week of 1/26/15

I thought the mixed marriage piece was weird. In hindsight, I think the point was to underscore how hyper partisan people are largely idiots. "They have to own at least 3 guns." or "They have to have 8 black friends." That's ridiculous. You know with people like that, it's really not the partisanship that's going to be the issue. 

• Love 1

I also thought the woman looked (and then, later, seemed like) Elizabeth Warren. I mean that as a compliment to both ladies, as this interview was very interesting and now I want to read the book.

Me, four! Or five?

Men really try to take up two seats on the subway? Are we really that big a dicks? (to coin a phrase)

Again, yeah. I used to have season tix to the L.A. Kings, and the seat to my immediate left was not a season seat. So, it was a real potluck who I got sitting next to me. If it was a couple, I always wanted the woman to sit next to me, so I wouldn't have to keep pushing the guy's leg out of my space. SO annoying.

I really wish the police would have pulled Hayes or Lemon over and ticketed them.  If it's Emergency Vehicles only, then get off the fucking road before somebody gets hurt. Idiots. 

FWIW, Hayes show is on before the emergency vehicles only cutoff.

Right after DeBlasio got the question about food delivery, I paused the show, turned to my husband and scoffed at the idea of food delivery being an emergency vehicle. He deadpanned to me, "You've never been high." And then TDS perfectly repeated our convo.

• Love 1

I loved Jessica's piece on mixed marriages! My very liberal sister-in-law is marrying a Republican later this year; my impression is that they just don't talk much about political issues. We'll see if it causes conflict down the road. I had my husband email her a link to the segment.

I was a little bit surprised that Mary Matalin and James Carville didn't come up, since they are the poster children for GOP/Dem marriages. Of course, having seen both Mary and James what seems like hundreds of times on various TV shows over the years, I assume they are well-matched because they're both nuts.

• Love 4

Jill Leovy and Sarah Chayes were both outstanding guests. Please, TDS, find more smart, articulate women like them to come on the show! I've had enough of those weeks where ALL your guests are men.

Edited by purist
  • Love 2

I couldn't be with someone whose views are so opposite to mine. I can't imagine not talking about political issues at all, I'd feel like I would be hiding a part of myself. I also believe your politics does align with your morality, so frankly, I couldn't be with someone whose beliefs truly disgust me.

• Love 4

That's really the problem nowadays. It's not like I think really rich people should pay more taxes but my spouse thinks the government needs to cut spending. People can live with that. You've got so-called conservatives saying that gay people basically aren't people, or other people coming to this country for a better life don't count. The problem is really all the hate. 

• Love 3