Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E04: I Wish I Had A Project Manager

I thought Geraldo looked like Mr. Peanut in the viral video.  I really thought that one would win.  How in the hell did Leeza's video win?  It wasn't funny, they didn't mention the product, and since when are two hags pushing 50 pushing each other's bony asses around the stuff of viral fun?  It really annoyed me how in the bed scene, it was filmed in such a manner that you could tell their coffee cups were empty.  The whole thing was so low rent.

This season didn't have many likable people but Trump is getting rid of all of them.  I don't have the hatred for Vivica that others do, but at least she acts like she's fired up about the tasks.  Shawn was completely inert.  I am confident Brandi and Kenya are working together to create this narrative of hatred in hopes it will bring them along to the Final 2 to square off.  The annoying part is, Kenya is actually intelligent but degrades herself with her act, and Brandi may have substantive input but says everything in such an annoying whine that I can understand why Ian told her to leave.  Kate is hell on earth also, but she can express her ideas without baby talking like a toddler, which is really disturbing for an older woman like Brandi.

• Love 1

Honestly, alluding to a fight is distasteful, but alluding to one of the messiest public divorces in the press in the past decade is clearly a pretty stupid move if you don't want to come off as a horrible person. Any claims of being provoked are going to sound pretty hollow after pulling that card, then sitting there smirking about it after the whole room gasped.

The biggest misstep from Kenya is framing it in the boardroom that she is the bigger person because she didn't mention X, Y, and Z during the task.  The minute the specifics left Kenya's mouth, the entire room gasped.  Brandi didn't need to play the victim. If Kenya had just said that she felt that Brandi was getting too personal during the mock fight rather than keeping it professional and collaborative, it would have worked in Kenya's favor.

• Love 6

The most amazing thing about Brandi's performance is that she's remained sober. I can understand people thinking she's not so bad if this is the only thing they know her from. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if she and Kenya are working together. I think that's what the housewives do on those shows to remain relevant.

• Love 3

The biggest misstep from Kenya is framing it in the boardroom that she is the bigger person because she didn't mention X, Y, and Z during the task.  The minute the specifics left Kenya's mouth, the entire room gasped.  Brandi didn't need to play the victim. If Kenya had just said that she felt that Brandi was getting too personal during the mock fight rather than keeping it professional and collaborative, it would have worked in Kenya's favor.

We have to suspect she planned it to come out like that (for her own reasons, probably because she's aware it would get her mentioned on the gossip sites, TMZ, etc.), because we saw her use the exact same "I'm the victim, because that horrible bitch is an evil person saying mean things about me" approach in her Talking Head segment.  Which may have been recorded either before, or after, the Boardroom, we don't really know, but it's actually in this case irrelevant which, because it shows a consistent intent (thus showing it wasn't just a mistake).

I honestly think Kenya had the long game in mind (seeing as how she didn't know this wouldn't air for almost a year, even longer than she anticipated, I guess). She wanted to make a spectacle of herself, because that's the person who ultimately most "wins" from an appearance on this show--the one who gets mentioned the most afterwards.

The most amazing thing about Brandi's performance is that she's remained sober. I can understand people thinking she's not so bad if this is the only thing they know her from. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if she and Kenya are working together. I think that's what the housewives do on those shows to remain relevant.

Of course that's entirely possible.  So much of what they say and do is orchestrated and faked (other than the one going to Prison--there's some real reality for us...), that would it really shock us?

• Love 3

So Kenya got in a fight on her show with another cast member and Kenya got her hair pulled (classy).  I don't see how mentioning this was in anyway below the belt or even wrong.  It happened and was Kenya's doing.  Unladylike and stupid but If you don't like it being mentioned then you should have walked away from the fight.  

Mentioning Brandi's husband leaving for a younger and prettier woman was downright mean and nasty.  I cannot compare the two. 

And yes Geraldo looked like the Monopoly man. : >)

And he should have been fired for his very bad idea.  

Kate is going to be next, I feel it coming.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

I know this is going to be unpopular (please don't hurt me!) but after last night, I'd like to see I-ON, or however you say his stupid ass name, go next. What an ass wipe.

I would be all for that!  Either he or Geraldo works for me!

• Love 1

Ian was a bit much in that Chock Full O'Nuts task. I felt like he was trying to be too controlling and came across as a know-it-all about directing. I haven't liked him much since that wedding dress task where he was project manager and was giving those long motivational speeches. It came across as really fake to me especially when he spoke to Terrell Owens after getting fired.

Lol, Geraldo did look like he was dressed as Mr. Peanut. I found it funny that he wore that outfit and brought the cane with him to the boardroom.

Edited by Steph619
  • Love 1

The idea that Brandi somehow "deserved" Kenya's attack is totally irrelevant IMO. Kenya showed herself (without Brandi's help) to be lacking tact and class. It was a totally trashy thing to say in that setting... and she tried to pretend like she was taking the high road while bathing in the gutter.  Brandi did not need to play the victim... Kenya set up that whole dynamic all by her lonesome. Brandi may be all the things that people say she is but the thing is.... Kenya just showed that she is no better. 

• Love 9

Drogo, you need to sign on as a producer of this show, it would be a vast improvement.

I'm really surprised no one has yet thought to play up Geraldo and Kate for what they are known for. And let them poke fun at themselves. It could have been knee-slapping funny for Kate to be having one kid after another, and Geraldo finding his secret stash of coffee in Al Capone's vault.

Or Kate's vault?

I can't help it sometimes....

• Love 3

Did anyone see the Netflix ad with Gary Busey that ran during the commercial break last night? It was almost mechanical dog level ridiculous. Almost, but not quite. I have no idea why Netflix would thought Gary Busey would be an appealing spokesperson. Maybe to show that if he can learn to use Netflix, anyone can?

Gary is making a career out of being nutty. The ad says the Amazon Fire is better than a seashell.

Also, while Gary is a little off-kilter, people like him.

I'm surprised at all the comments about Kenya and Brandi. I've never heard of either of them, but now apparently, they might be final two, just for the drama.

• Love 2

I think the reason Vivica is throwing Shawn/Kate under the bus is because she scares them and they let her do it.  Geraldo will come back at her like a lion so she's not going there.

I'm not sure what is expected of Vivica or why she's being called a bitch for wanting to stay on Celebrity Apprentice.  It is a game and the objective is staying until the end.  Vivica listed her reasons for why certain people should be fired after she was asked by Trump.  She gave her honest answers even when she was visibly uncomfortable doing so.  When the others are asked, don't they name people also and bring people into the board room?  I'm not sure why she's being singled out.  Doesn't it make sense for a person to name weaker people when it comes to who should be fired?  

So Kenya got in a fight on her show with another cast member and Kenya got her hair pulled (classy).  I don't see how mentioning this was in anyway below the belt or even wrong.  It happened and was Kenya's doing.  Unladylike and stupid but If you don't like it being mentioned then you should have walked away from the fight.  

Mentioning Brandi's husband leaving for a younger and prettier woman was downright mean and nasty.  I cannot compare the two. 

Kenya didn't get into a fight.  She was physically assaulted at a reunion by a cast member.  Kenya did not strike her attacker back.  She called the police and charges were pressed.  I didn't hear the remark Brandy supposedly made about mimicking the attack, but it is very nasty, wrong and below the belt to mock someone else being assaulted.  Under what theory is that acceptable behavior?  Kenya retaliated with herr board room comments.  Not the smartest setting for her sake, but it was tit for tat.

Edited by Talented Tenth
  • Love 8

I'm not sure what is expected of Vivica or why she's being called a bitch for wanting to stay on Celebrity Apprentice.  It is a game and the objective is staying until the end.  Vivica listed her reasons for why certain people should be fired after she was asked by Trump.  She gave her honest answers even when she was visibly uncomfortable doing so.  When the others are asked, don't they name people also and bring people into the board room?  I'm not sure why she's being singled out.  Doesn't it make sense for a person to name weaker people when it comes to who should be fired?  

Kenya didn't get into a fight.  She was physically assaulted at a reunion by a cast member.  Kenya did not strike her attacker back.  She called the police and charges were pressed.  I didn't hear the remark Brandy supposedly made about mimicking the attack, but it is very nasty, wrong and below the belt to mock someone else being assaulted.  Under what theory is that acceptable behavior?  Kenya retaliated with herr board room comments.  Not the smartest setting for her sake, but it was tit for tat.

Vivica isn't a bitch because she wants to stay on Celebrity Apprentice.  She's a bitch because she's acting like she's pure and above dirty tactics, while using them.

Kenya is much the same.  Claiming to be taking the high road while in the very same breath taking one so low she could limbo under her car. Even if she honestly feels some comment about a reality show fight is dirty pool, the problem is that she had the temerity to actually act like she's morally superior while in the midst of doing the SAME thing, and then smirking at the camera after the fact (letting us see quite clearly that she was doing it just to cause a fuss and get some drama out of it).

• Love 7

I thought both teams sucked on both tasks last night.  The bar is way low on the creative tasks this year in comparison to other seasons.

The only thing viral about either of those videos is that they were like a bad, recurrent rash.  They both came off like they were made by some church youth group leader who thinks he's "down with the young people" while the young people think he's a creepy weirdo and want him to go away.  

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 8

Shawn's passive aggressiveness and little smirk on her face throughout her talking heads and within the boardroom made me happy she went home. The woman has had an underdog complex since her competitive days - going on about how being the youngest member of the Olympic Team was the reason her teammates bullied her. From what I've heard of some of her teammates, I don't question nastiness but Shawn wasn't even the youngest member of that team. She constructs narratives for herself - the judges are biased against my body type - that's why I won silver. I totally would have made the 2012 Olympic team but I had a tragic injury. Her little scoff of "let her" when Kate brought up Vivcia wanting to sabotage them. Heck, she's probably pleased now that she can go on about how being the youngest in the competition put her at a disadvantage against all those big ole mean bitter women. That stops being cute and applicable once you hit 25.

The observation that she's VERY self aware and savvy is more in line than the wide eyed lil' girl thing she pulls. This is a woman who's very protective of her sponsorships and her good cornfed girl image. I don't think Shawn is "too nice" for the competition at all. She's just out of her depth and honestly didn't seem motivated to participate beyond what was necessary. Vivica noted it. Ivanka noted it. Even Shawn mentioned she has a tendency to shut down sometimes. She can brag about seeing mind games all she wants but if she can't be bothered to show any enthusiasm or even fake it that's on her. She got her paycheck, got her screentime.  Maybe she can join another reality show more suited for her particular skills. Maybe a network will resurrect Splash! or Skating with Celebrities.

I've noticed if Leeza has an issue with the PM's concept she calmly brings it up or goes around quietly and does her own thing to help the project. She's the perfect example of flying under the radar while still being an asset to her team.

Edited by tearbender
  • Love 13

This is now The Geraldo Show for me.  I can't take my eyes off the man, waiting to see what egomaniacal nutfuckery he's going to pull next.

Big laughs when he mused about Chock Full O'Nuts reaping the benefit of his endorsement for free!!!!  (And I don't doubt he believes the Geraldo stamp of approval would have a big impact on today's coffee drinker.  Pfft.)

I think one big pitfall for GR's team is that he's so damn quick with his ideas for self-promotion.  They get the assignment and Geraldo immediately has a plan showcasing himself, which they use or else incur his petulant wrath while they come up with other ideas.

e.g.  Chock Full was started in the '30's.  There's no particular '50's benchmark in their history. . .except, as Geraldo noted, that's when HE started drinking it.  The man's a human bulldozer.

I admit I had some smirks when he had his hair pulled down too far during the task, and then properly situated during the TH inserts--odd for such a peacock.

In non-Geraldo world, everyone peering around the chandelier hanging at chin level was comedy gold.

• Love 10

I kind of wondered why Shawn signed up for this show in the first place since she didn't seem very into it, but then again, I don't know what sort of career opportunities Olympic athletes even have once their competitive days are up.  Or should I say what sort of career opportunities are available in the entertainment industry, for athletes that want to stay in the public eye that way.  I know she did DWTS twice and obviously that made good use of her skills, but I have to think it's fairly limited.  The girl isn't an actress.  So I guess reality shows is about all she can do.

• Love 2

What tearbender said.  Vivica is stank but I'm not sorry to see Shawn go, she was only doing the minimum necessary and even then it was often less than that.  I didn't like her when she was on the Olympic team either, she mugged the camera every chance she got and she walked around with that same stupid brain-damaged grin Mary Lou Retton had (didn't like her either).

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 1

Did anyone see the Netflix ad with Gary Busey that ran during the commercial break last night? It was almost mechanical dog level ridiculous. Almost, but not quite. I have no idea why Netflix would thought Gary Busey would be an appealing spokesperson. Maybe to show that if he can learn to use Netflix, anyone can?

ROFL I totally forgot about the mechanical dog. And the kite story. Good gravy, was that some good TV.

Other viral video mentions: Old Spice is always a hit. Dove has had some hits. And never forget: Clint Black and the laundry detergent.

The Go-Pro aspect of it was really gratuitous. I don't know of any viral videos that were filmed on a Go-Pro.

This was a very good episode, it felt like the classic Apprentice episodes. I actually got a good understanding of the tasks and the dynamics of the team, so whoever directed it--good job. Even the boardroom was tolerable (20 minutes, yay! Thanks Lorenzo!)

Edited by niklj
  • Love 2

I'm rooting for Leeza. If this is another "horrid old friend of Donald's wins" aka Geraldo year, I will check out before the finale just like I did with that she-beast Joan.

Shawn was doomed from the moment she punked out on taking on the task and making Vivica do another turn, however, letting that Sig dude get away with essentially saying "these are a bunch of women tasks, wake me up when you need a dick to be a PM" was some old bullshit too. I wasn't sorry to see her go anyway because she played that kid card while being a stealth bitch. Also, it wasn't cool to hide from the task, then sit there and TH'd all about what YOU would do if you were the PM. Well then you should have done it, Blanche!

So much pearl-clutching about how awful it was to speak of Brandi and Eddie's threesomes becoming a twosome that didn't include her anymore! Is that like, the sacred cow of insults or something? She can proclaim Kenya purchased her ass, or interview that she really wants to beat her ass for real, but Kenya can't speak of  her husband having left her? Is that the world we live in now? LOL! Maybe because unlike many/most I *have* watched her in action, I cannot give one fuck. I am literally out of them for poor, blonde Brandi.

Because it was said in the boardroom where it was sure to be shown in the final edit, it was said in front of Trump and everyone else in the room, and because it's the ultimate low blow to throw in the face of a woman that her husband left her for someone "younger and prettier".

Up till then I thought Kenya had been handling herself very well on the show. Better than Brandi. I've never seen the HOUSEWIVES shows so I didn't get why so many people disliked Kenya. Well, now I do. She's a nasty-ass bitch.

And yet, she's got nothing on Brandi in that regard. Kenya - for the most part - tangles with people who go after her. Brandi goes after EVERYONE. Even friends, and innocent children (hi kids! your mother isn't your mother - talk amongst yourselves!) In a far more below the belt fashion than anyone ever on one of these shows. But you know, this is Trump's show and we know he likes his trashy blondes. So, poor Brandi = winning.

Because it was a pretend fight not a real one?

And if Kenya was offended by Brandi's comments, a smarter move would've been to say, "Despite Brandi hitting me with another low blow and referencing my fight with Porsha on RHOA after I shoved a bullhorn in her face and she grabbed me by the hair and threw me on the floor, I remained a professional and continued with the pretend fight and didn't get personal for the benefit of the team."  But Kenya didn't play it smart.  

What exactly did Brandi say?  I only caught "bitch" I didn't hear the whole thing.  Did she say, "I am going to drag you across the floor like Porsha?"  

Yes, that's exactly what she said. And the attack she referenced was real. As was the resulting arrest. 

Perplexed at why Kenya is a nasty-ass bitch, and yet there was none of the same condemnation about any of Brandi's TH with all the "I want to beat her ass," "she bought her ass," etc. comments. Nasty is nasty, especially with these two. I'm not defending whether it was a smart move to do it (wasn't.)

Shawn…another Pollyanna that needs to stay in her lane when grown folks do business, she can join Jamie at sitting down and listening to the pretty music!  And using your age as an excuse for not being able to stomp with the big dogs was pathetic.  She and Kate were getting on my nerves with their passive aggressive attitude towards Viv; Shawn should have stepped up to become PM but since she didn’t her attitude was uncalled for.  

Kenya has been putting up with a lot of remarks from Brandi and finally went for the jugular to shut her ass up.  Lesson:  if you’re going to sound off on somebody then you’d better be able to take it when they sound back on you.  

Pffft, this from a woman who got off on making fun of everything, no matter how inappropriate or mean.  UO, but I wasn’t pleased at seeing her face yet again, let her rest in peace already.

I guess we share a lot of the same unpopular opinions!

Brandi gets to sit there and look wounded, quietly reminding folks of what a survivor she is to have gone on with her life after being betrayed by a bad man. What a brave little soldier she is, and see how folks like Kenya just attack her and remind her of her pain for no reason?  It is all total bullshit because no one has said/done more hurtful things than Brandi, but if you don't know about it first hand, it is so easy to be deceived by her.  

This. Although even having heard of her reputation, SHE'S still getting the benefit of the doubt. 

You can't walk away when someone essentially jumps on you and assaults you. Brandi threatening to do the same when they were trying to enact a fight was downright mean and nasty, and not at all in the spirit of what was going on. Brandi wouldn't even HAVE a job on the show if not for the fact that her husband left her! Her entire identify is based on being the woman left behind, and she was (and is) happy to play it for all it's worth on the show, for a book and in real life for the last three seasons. She should be paying Kenya for product placement!

• Love 7

I stand corrected on Kenya's fight.  I did't know she was attacked, unprovoked; I don't watch that show.  From what I see here it is difficult for me to believe she was an innocent victim.  

• Love 2

I get that many of you don't like Brandi because you watch the shows she is on, but remember that not all of us watch those shows, and from what I have seen on CA, Kenya has more actively criticized Brandi publicly while Brandi has stayed relatively quiet and hasn't returned those comments in the boardroom.  That is what Trump is seeing.  Kenya digs all of the time at her....  Until Brandi shows another side there isn't reason for them to think she is being nasty to Kenya.

As for Shawn, I was more than glad for her being fired.  I agree with comments above about her not really being into it or fully contributing.  I understand she is trying to make money off of these opportunities, but I think her former teammates that went to college and started a "normal" life are better off.  They found a way to combine their sport and their education, and in many ways have a fuller life, imo.

• Love 5

I get that many of you don't like Brandi because you watch the shows she is on, but remember that not all of us watch those shows, and from what I have seen on CA, Kenya has more actively criticized Brandi publicly while Brandi has stayed relatively quiet and hasn't returned those comments in the boardroom.  That is what Trump is seeing.  Kenya digs all of the time at her....  Until Brandi shows another side there isn't reason for them to think she is being nasty to Kenya.

I have a soft spot for Brandi and agree. I see her keeping a safe distance from Kenya and not being the irritant Kenya claims.   One comment during their fake fight, oh boo hoo Kenya. pfffffffffft    She is doing what is asked of her and staying out of the fray.  I am looking forward to her being the PM and smoking the other team.  Well, I hope she does.  

I wish Trump would not automatically fire the one who brings in the least money on a fund raising task..  It makes no sense and telegraphs the board room.  We know who will go on either team way before the board room.   Don't cast people without major connections if that is going to be the criteria.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

I watch none of the Housewives shows either, but c'monnnnnnn......in a good chunk of the CA eppies, Brandi makes disparaging remarks about Kenya and most of the time Kenya has done nothing to warrant them.  Her comment in the boardroom was a long time coming and again, Brandi shouldn't be selling wolf tickets if she isn't prepared to have someone buy them off her.

• Love 4

So---Apparently Chock full O' Nuts is helmed by fans of sleazy fantasies. That they preferred this catfight commercial WHICH THEY ADMITTED HAD ALMOST NO BRANDING says it all.

But "viral videos" aren't really about the branding (I put viral video in quotes because, really, neither one of these videos would go viral). Check out this viral ad from Heineken - there is literally no mention of Heineken. When it made the rounds on social media, people thought it was real and were positing it as an unbelievable home video. It was only after it became popular that word started getting out that it was actually a planned ad. Now, this is an extreme version, but it goes to prove the point that viral ads are a very different beast than traditional commercials. And, on that level, Leeza's ad way more fit the bill. Lorenzo's ad was out of touch - I was cringing at Geraldo's voiceover of the product - they just didn't understand the world of viral marketing at all.

• Love 1

Sugar,  What do you mean by your post that Vivica and Kenya "had plastic surgery in an attempt to replicate Caucasian features" ?

Really?

Does Kenya not know that Donald Trump has traded in all of his wives for younger & prettier ones ? lol

Edited by Taylorh2
  • Love 1
Joan sounded and looked fragile but maybe knowing she died after filming is coloring that perception.  She just didn't seem her normal feisty self.

Or, since they were promoting the hell out of it as a loving tribute to a friend, they wisely decided not to show anything that showed the self she revealed herself to be on the season she “won.”  And what we saw was what was left.

• Love 6

I agree with Stinger97. There's a "viral video" challenge every season, and every season it confounds me how the corporate tools don't understand you can't *make* a video "viral." It has to happen on its own. "Make an outrageous commercial"? Sure. Make a viral video? Nope.

On one hand, I give the Coffee Company Guy some credit for acknowledging that some of these videos are risque. A few years ago, a team did one suggesting that the product - detergent liquid - could be used as a sexual lubricant. Oh the pearls that were clutched! The vapors, the vapors!

But on the other hand, this video was gross, sexist, and glorifies fameballs whose only "talent" is to create fake drama on faux-reality shows.

The last I had seen Lorenzo before this series was his role as sexist asshat on "Am I Hot Or Not?" way back in the early-aughts. Nice to see that he's mellowed. He was a good manager.

Was that monstrosity that Kate wore on her head in the 1950s segment really what 1950s housewives wore?

Edited by Mumbles

Unfortunately Brandi missed a golden opportunity to respond "have you actually seen her?" to the implication that LeeAnn is prettier than Brandi. Brandi's definitely jacking up her looks, but she was a beautiful woman when Eddie left, and LeeAnn has never been more than moderately attractive.

That would be taking the same low road that Kenya took.  I actually have to give Brandi kudos for NOT replying even though I was very surprised she didn't (maybe she did and it was edited out....who knows!).

There is sure a lot of infighting among the women.  I think Vivica has been horrible to the other women on her team in general (speaking of taking the low road).

• Love 1

Mumbles, I think it was a modern interpretation of a 1950s hairstyle, and not particularly accurate. I didn't care for it.

I wonder how many of these celebrity contestants are only in this for a free trip to New York and a stay at Trump Tower. I think Kate's become addicted to the high life.

• Love 2

At least with Vivica and KG I get the impression that it's all game related rather than personal.

Shawn's comment about mind games made me realize something horrible: think of her sport and who's in it, and what she said: it's Olympic-level high school.  *shudder*  (No disrespect intended to their amazing athletic ability... I was never able to shinny up a pole even when I was a kid, so what they can do boggles my mind.)

I love Shawn dearly but she had to go I couldnt believe she didnt step up as the PM.  Everyone has to be willing to take the leadership role of being the PM, if you cant do that than you are not the celebrity apprentice period.  Kate had a win in task 2 as pm vivica had a win as pm in task 3 so it really wouldnt have been fair to fire either of them, Im all about consistency and the drive to win thats just my two cents.  As for task 7 I did like Lorenzo's commercial better the other one was just a little too wild for me, but I really like how Lorenzo left with great class.  

• Love 2

I only watch Real housewives New York and New Jersey (don't judge me *g) so really don't know Kenya or Brandi.  I have not liked Kenya this season but not because of Brandi.  Something about Kenya just seems fake JMHO.

All I know about those commercials is I could not get Lorenzo's  jingle out of my head!!

• Love 2

No, Kenya didn't get in to a fight and yes, she WAS physically assaulted.  BUT let's not leave out the part where Kenya was waving her sceptor (have no idea how to spell it) in Porsha's face.  Or the megaphone she used to scream at Porsha who was seated about 2 feet from her.  Those reunion shows tape for well over 12 hours, who knows how long she was antagonizing Porsha?  If I were Porsha I would have beat that psycho to the floor and not just pull her weave.   

• Love 8

And yet, she's got nothing on Brandi in that regard. Kenya - for the most part - tangles with people who go after her. Brandi goes after EVERYONE. Even friends, and innocent children (hi kids! your mother isn't your mother - talk amongst yourselves!) In a far more below the belt fashion than anyone ever on one of these shows. But you know, this is Trump's show and we know he likes his trashy blondes. So, poor Brandi = winning.

Thank you for this.  Brandi has said the nastiest things about and to everyone, then plays the "poor me" card.  I can't figure out how she continues to get away with it.

• Love 3
I agree with Stinger97. There's a "viral video" challenge every season, and every season it confounds me how the corporate tools don't understand you can't *make* a video "viral." It has to happen on its own. "Make an outrageous commercial"? Sure. Make a viral video? Nope.

I agree - I hate that term when it's used that way.  A true viral video isn't created for that  purpose.  

I compare it to  the show "america's funniest home videos"  which was a funny show when people were shooting videos (home movies)  and something unplanned and unexpected happened.  Hilarious, cute, surprising, whatever.   it made for good tv.   Then, people started creating videos in order to be on the show, and the show changed for the worse.

A true viral video happens organically, with people sharing a video they think is funny or interesting.  a video created to showcase a product, is just an "online commercial".  

• Love 4

No, Kenya didn't get in to a fight and yes, she WAS physically assaulted.  BUT let's not leave out the part where Kenya was waving her sceptor (have no idea how to spell it) in Porsha's face.  Or the megaphone she used to scream at Porsha who was seated about 2 feet from her.  Those reunion shows tape for well over 12 hours, who knows how long she was antagonizing Porsha?  If I were Porsha I would have beat that psycho to the floor and not just pull her weave.   

I don't watch this show but I suspected it was not an unprovoked attack!  Thanks. 

• Love 4

Yes, that's exactly what she said. And the attack she referenced was real. As was the resulting arrest.

Snark Kitty, the pretend fight I was referencing wasn't the reunion fight, it was the Chock Full of Nuts fight. ITA that Kenya and Porsha had a real fight on their own reunion  But here, Kenya miscalculated.  She knew Brandi wasn't threatening her with violence in their own fight and that is why Brandi isn't catching hell.  Brandi was talking smack in a faux fight.  She made a personal dig at Kenya for sure.  And Kenya could've brought that out in the Boardroom, but Kenya didn't, she just wallowed in the mud with Brandi instead without context for the Donald and a lot of the viewers who don't see Brandi on the housewives.  And really he wouldn't give a shit at that point anyway because he likes Brandi.  As someone noted above, Kenya needed to read the room, and she didn't.  If she wanted to hurl those insults to Brandi, she should've done it in their mock cat fight.

• Love 2

I am sure that jobs in the entertainment industry are limited for former athletes. However, I am equally sure that jobs outside of it are plentiful. What school would not want to hire an athletic coach who won a Gold Medal at The Olympics for example? Not to mention that an amateur athlete at that level would qualify for every college scholarship in the country so you could theoretically pick any major or career path you wanted! The downside of this is that there are no cameras there. So reality TV it is!

With the exception of Leeza, I dislike this entire group. I do love watching their challenges though! That makes watching Donald and the "celebrities" worth it. 

• Love 1

Vivica isn't a bitch because she wants to stay on Celebrity Apprentice.  She's a bitch because she's acting like she's pure and above dirty tactics, while using them.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.  I don't see what's dirty about saying who she thinks she be fired and why after she's asked and how her answering the question is different from every other contestant who says someone should be fired other than himself/herself.  For some reason, it seems as if Vivica is being held to a different standard.

I don't watch this show but I suspected it was not an unprovoked attack!  Thanks. 

In my book, there is never a justification for physically assaulting someone due to not being able to handle someone getting the best of you verbally.  There isn't such a thing as a "provoked" attack to me.  Porsha is responsible for her own behavior.  Regardless of what Kenya said or did, she was not at any point a physical threat to Porsha.  Kenya did have props, but they were not brought out specifically for Porsha and nothing was in her face when she got out of her seat, walked over to Kenya and put her hands on her.  Porsha was weak-minded and lashed out violently, which is unacceptable.  Just imagine a Celebrity Apprentice reunion that gets heated, and one person gets up to physically attack another.  Most of the reunion shows in reality tv are about airing out the drama that has happened during the filmed season.  If cast members can't handle it, they don't need to be on reality tv.  Brandi has said some very nasty things about various people on her reality show.  If she were assaulted, would that be "provoked" to you?

• Love 2

I don't understand why it's considered such a hideous slight for Brandi to have brought up this attack during the "play fight" on the street.  Yes, it was an ugly thing that happened, but it sounds like Kenya doesn't have anything to be ashamed of regarding it, and it certainly doesn't, to me, sound nearly ugly/humiliating enough to justify Kenya's boardroom remark as a retaliation.

• Love 7

We'll just have to agree to disagree.  I don't see what's dirty about saying who she thinks she be fired and why after she's asked and how her answering the question is different from every other contestant who says someone should be fired other than himself/herself.  For some reason, it seems as if Vivica is being held to a different standard.

In my book, there is never a justification for physically assaulting someone due to not being able to handle someone getting the best of you verbally.  There isn't such a thing as a "provoked" attack to me.  Porsha is responsible for her own behavior.  Regardless of what Kenya said or did, she was not at any point a physical threat to Porsha.  Kenya did have props, but they were not brought out specifically for Porsha and nothing was in her face when she got out of her seat, walked over to Kenya and put her hands on her.  Porsha was weak-minded and lashed out violently, which is unacceptable.  Just imagine a Celebrity Apprentice reunion that gets heated, and one person gets up to physically attack another.  Most of the reunion shows in reality tv are about airing out the drama that has happened during the filmed season.  If cast members can't handle it, they don't need to be on reality tv.  Brandi has said some very nasty things about various people on her reality show.  If she were assaulted, would that be "provoked" to you?

Provocation is a possible defense in criminal law. I'm not sure where you can draw a line to "handle it." Everyone has a different breaking point. If someone is being relentlessly bullied, they may stand up for themselves at some point.

Reality TV is a weird place, where assault seems to be expected and condoned.

From Wikipedia --

"In criminal law, provocation may be either or both a statutory or common law possible defense or an offense. Provocation may be a defense by excuse or exculpation alleging a sudden or temporary loss of control (a permanent loss of control is in the realm of insanity) as a response to another's provocative conduct sufficient to justify an acquittal."

I'm always torn on these "viral video" tasks. On the one hand they're short, draw on strengths that celebrities should have, and have room for a lot of creativity. On the other hand, the sponsor is basically saying "we want a commercial so awesome everybody loves it and doesn't even know it's a commercial."  Which, yeah gosh you don't say?

But once you realize that's what they're looking for, you can't do all that formal voiceover commercial stuff that Lorenzo's team had.  It's a stealth commercial. So I knew they lost within a second of opening.

Edited by Amarsir
  • Love 4